IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 362.
#6401 3 years ago

What a cash grab they should have at least honoured the price for people that had money down on the game. Sad .

#6402 3 years ago

Distributors should honor the original price if a deposit has been made but they won’t as profit margins are paper thin as is.

Quoted from Myles32:

What a cash grab they should have at least honoured the price for people that had money down on the game. Sad .

#6403 3 years ago

Swamp gator is about $10, from Amazon

PXL_20210113_152948177 (resized).jpgPXL_20210113_152948177 (resized).jpg
#6404 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Swamp gator is about $10, from Amazon
[quoted image]

now to find a life preserver for its mouth lol

#6405 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

now to find a life preserver for its mouth lol

I was thinking a bloody doll leg but I like your idea better.

#6407 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's almost the exact same ramp as he did in Whitewater. Worked fine there.

Except that on Whitewater that ramp is fed from an upper playfield, so there's a lot more kinetic energy on the ball to travel the dips.

#6408 3 years ago

I just got a Elvira premium today. Super lucky I managed to get a deal for a used game before this price increase. Got a shaker, sideblades, some mods and upgraded speakers.

I have been thinking about making a topper for a while and most ideas has been more or less copies of stuff people allready made. But after seeing Nordmans prototype and the removed spinning wheel I though why did Stern not make the spinning wheel as a topper? They could had programmed it to work with the game. I am thinking of maybe trying to make the spinning wheel myself but it will in that case only be a simple motor that spins non stop.

#6409 3 years ago

For anyone wanting the alligator mod , I tried siliconing
the gator to the deadhead ramp but the glue didn't hold. I drilled a hole in his right foot and mounted to the right outlane with better results.

PXL_20210113_171208909 (resized).jpgPXL_20210113_171208909 (resized).jpg
#6410 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I appreciate that, very kind of you to say. He’s a great kid. I have Parkinson’s and it helps me also with my health deteriorating. Playing gives me a great escape from my problems and just makes me happy to have and play them if that makes sense. Worse things I could spend money on like drugs and alcohol.
I turn 50 on the 17th and we are going to the arcade for my birthday. I can’t wait. Growing old is mandatory but growing up is not.

Man, I salute you for all you’re shouldering. Get that EHOH!!

“Growing old is mandatory but growing up is not.”

I am definitely stealing that!

#6411 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Joining the club, SLE on the way! Can’t wait to get some time on this pin.

grats! mind posting a pic of your signature card?

#6412 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

the gator to the deadhead ramp but the glue didn't hold. I drilled a hole in his right foot and mounted to the right outlane with better results.
[quoted image]

Have you tried command strips? You can stack if gap is too big, and no residue when you remove

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

[quoted image]

That gator looks like its screaming because there a giant screw going through his foot.

#6414 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Except that on Whitewater that ramp is fed from an upper playfield, so there's a lot more kinetic energy on the ball to travel the dips.

And the Whitewater ramp didnt need to go over (and sometimes in) a trunk with no no side guides immediately after coming out of the dip.

Maybe someone with a junked Whitewater ramp can hack it and do some experimenting with it in an Elvira. If it could be done reliably I think it would be a popular mod.

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man, I salute you for all you’re shouldering. Get that EHOH!!
“Growing old is mandatory but growing up is not.”
I am definitely stealing that!

Thanks my friend. Appreciate it. Feel free to use it. It’s a rule a live by. Stay young at heart and appreciate what you have and those close to you equals happiness. Tough times keeps us humble and allows us to appreciate what really matters.

Pinball is a nice distraction from the seriousness of life and allows us to just have fun and forget about the world for a bit. Sometimes we take this hobby too serious. In the end it’s about fun, but sucks when we are taken advantage of like with this $500 price increase.

For me the fun and the enjoyment my family will get out of it and my future grandchildren weighs more than passing on it because of the price increase. There is still a lot of value there for me and my family agrees not to pass it up. It’s just too damn fun.

#6416 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

And the Whitewater ramp didnt need to go over (and sometimes in) a trunk with no no side guides immediately after coming out of the dip.
Maybe someone with a junked Whitewater ramp can hack it and do some experimenting with it in an Elvira. If it could be done reliably I think it would be a popular mod.

In the original EHOH cardboard design, it looks like the ramp is also higher at the start (so closer to like Whitewater's starting height) and that drop onto the chest is pretty abrupt. It'd be interesting to see if the feature could be brought back and cool if it was possible, but I don't think it would be easy to get it working reliably at all.

#6417 3 years ago

I haven't had much time on my EHOH in the past few months. I am about to get back into finishing some MODs and I wanted to check before I try to work on the VUK if there was ever a solution that definitely fixed it or has it been different solution for different owners like I have seen in older posts. Mine hits the targets but different ones or comes up a bit short of the targets and drains down the left outlane.

Thanks all.

#6418 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

grats! mind posting a pic of your signature card?

I don't have it yet (on the way via STI), but this is from the seller.

elvira (resized).jpgelvira (resized).jpg
#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

FYI. stern is bumping the price of Elvira HOH and BM66 by $500.00

The fact that they did this to outstanding orders is totally outrageous.

I just cancelled two Elviras.

Enough is enough.

They can go get ****** if that’s the way they want to do business these days.

Yet you guys will keep on shelling out for $1000 toppers (they’ll be $1200 soon, then $1400 ...)

Bottom line ... I worked out years ago that I don’t need to buy new machines. Nobody is impressed when you do ...

So I won’t buy them.

Easy as that.

rd

#6420 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, I think the secondary market is to blame as much as stern for price increase as well as covid. They should of honored pre sale orders for sure, and I hope people can get their deposits back. However, if you don't have a contract or sales agreement for a set price , it might be difficult to do. Hope it works out for all , its a great game.

Contract or not, taking a deposit at an agreed upon price and than refusing to refund it when a manufacturer decides they have no obligation to honor their price and end of the deal is at best, highly unethical... and probably illegal.

I don't blame distributors for what happened here it all. It is 100% on Stern and their seemingly infinite greed. With that said, any distributor refusing to refund a deposit to any customer requesting one given this situation should be ashamed as well. I doubt there are many (if any) taking that stance, though.

Added over 3 years ago:

NM

#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The fact that they did this to outstanding orders is totally outrageous.
I just cancelled two Elviras.
Enough is enough.
They can go get ****** if that’s the way they want to do business these days.
Yet you guys will keep on shelling out for $1000 toppers (they’ll be $1200 soon, then $1400 ...)
Bottom line ... I worked out years ago that I don’t need to buy new machines. Nobody is impressed when you do ...
So I won’t buy them.
Easy as that.
rd

Distributors must also be livid. I hope everyone is copping an earful over this and its getting sent loud and clear to Stern. I have never heard of this behaviour in any industry. Sure, put up the price for any new orders from now on, but it's just common practise to honour an order at the quoted price at the time of order. Whats the legality here?

If I did this to my customers they'd laugh, tell me to f*ck off and never do business with me again.

What was the NZ$ increase out of interest? NZD$1000?

#6422 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If I did this to my customers they'd laugh, tell me to f*ck off and never do business with me again.

Exactly my point.

Same with that dudes thread the other day about zero service on his bricked NIB Stern he bought. No service response at all on a $6000 purchase. Not good enough.

I sold furniture for almost 30 years. If I ever pulled any of this shit, my stores would have been out of business. Easy as that.

rd

#6423 3 years ago

Who really cares about a $500 bump... I know, many here.

It's a great game and Stern knows it. It's an expensive toy. Pay now or pay later on the second hand market. This game is a keeper. So much fun. If you grew up watching Elvira you need this game.

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Elvira you need this game

And there lies the problem....the mindset that any of us NEED any pin. No one needs an Elvira. They may want it, but they don’t need it. Stern is taking advantage of that mindset and laughing while they run to the bank. Besides, the real issue isn’t just about $500. It’s about how the $500 was implemented and the lack of respect Stern has for its customers.

#6425 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

.the mindset that any of us NEED any pin. No one needs an Elvira. They may want it, but they don’t need it.

Nailed it.

I might just be turning into a grumpy old man, but the whole western world FOMO thing just makes me mad/sad these days.

When I listen to pinball podcasts and hear stories of them meeting dodgy strangers in carparks to pay 2x the RRP for the new playstation/Xbox because THEY GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!!!!, it just makes me feel sad for those guys.

Sorta funny, because I’m typing this right now while I’m waiting in a hospital cancer clinic waiting room with someone ... sorta makes you get your priorities in order.

rd

#6426 3 years ago

Very proud moment. Just got the highest score on pinside.this game was amazing.3 ball factory settings normal tilt.completed all task and sold the house.whew so much fun.this game will never leave

20210114_161452 (resized).jpg20210114_161452 (resized).jpg
#6427 3 years ago

It sucks with the $500 price increase, but the family really loves Elvira and hate to miss an opportunity to have one. It’s not a must have as most things in life are not, but the family would really be unhappy and regret not having it as would I.

Prices are not going to go down much for it and may go up over time, but that’s totally speculative. Rather take the sure thing now.

#6428 3 years ago

Aw man, ya’ beat me by the skin on your teeth! Kudos, not an easy feat!

Quoted from radfordian3505:

Very proud moment. Just got the highest score on pinside.this game was amazing.3 ball factory settings normal tilt.completed all task and sold the house.whew so much fun.this game will never leave
[quoted image]

#6429 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nailed it.
I might just be turning into a grumpy old man, but the whole western world FOMO thing just makes me mad/sad these days.
When I listen to pinball podcasts and hear stories of them meeting dodgy strangers in carparks to pay 2x the RRP for the new playstation/Xbox because THEY GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!!!!, it just makes me feel sad for those guys.
Sorta funny, because I’m typing this right now while I’m waiting in a hospital cancer clinic waiting room with someone ... sorta makes you get your priorities in order.
rd

Best of luck mate. I hope however it is gets some good news.

#6430 3 years ago

$500 more for plastic rails. keep it.

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from DonnyC:

$500 more for plastic rails. keep it.

???

#6432 3 years ago

It sucks with the $500 price increase, but the family really loves Elvira and hate to miss an opportunity to have one. It’s not a must have as most things in life are not, but the family would really be unhappy and regret not having it as would I.
Prices are not going to go down much for it and may go up over time, but that’s totally speculative. Rather take the sure thing now.

If you like the game, get it. We love ours.

#6433 3 years ago

I placed a deposit on an EHOH several weeks back with a distro. I received an invoice showing the price of the pin, my deposit and my remaining balance. I wondered why I hadn’t received any word from the distro about the price increase after reading about it here several days earlier. I finally called him to ask the obvious. He said he hadn’t contacted anyone because he was still discussing it with Stern. He thinks it’s bad business to raise the price after people have placed deposits and not honor the original price. He said he had issued a purchase order for a number of machines and placed money on them the same as me. He thinks it’s wrong to take a deposit, in good faith, on a machine that is months away from being built and then tell the customer the price has gone up. He alluded to not increasing the price on the machines and Stern was quick to point out that if he sold a machine shipped after the price increase (the next EHOH run) for the current price then he would be in violation of the MAP pricing agreement and would be fined.

He said he is still discussing this with them so nothing has been resolved yet. I know that MAP pricing has been around for several years and Stern is pretty tight about upholding it. I am surprised that they would be sticklers in this case and not turn a blind eye where deposits were taken. This is still Up in the air since I haven’t been told it will definitely cost me more so who knows. I won’t name the distro since I don’t want complicate things for him.

#6434 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you like the game, get it. We love ours.

I am definitely getting it. Regret sucks and an extra $500 to avoid it is worth it to me. But I will not do this again. If Elviras were readily for sale on the secondary market for a good price I would have cancelled. I am not a gambling man.

#6435 3 years ago

People were pissed upon release because it had plastic ramps instead of wireforms. Plastic is a nod to scared stiff. It does suck about price increase tho, but still a great game. Hope they do continue with the next run as planned

#6436 3 years ago

Don't know why it quoted you 3 times

#6437 3 years ago

Interested in an EHOH LE if anyone has one for sale on the west coast. How many LEs were produced, 500? Shoot me a PM if any leads

#6438 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Interested in an EHOH LE if anyone has one for sale on the west coast. How many LEs were produced, 500? Shoot me a PM if any leads

400 were made... I just picked up LE #3 and its a ton of fun.

#6439 3 years ago

Wow, that’s low production numbers. Looks like a fun game that should hold its value or appreciate. Missing my SS, I knew I shouldn’t have sold it. Would like to give EHOH a try

#6440 3 years ago

I think the issue here lies with the deposit. I wonder if the deposit is also the right to buy something for that price since there is no sales agreement. Just the intention to buy. However, if it would be non-refundable that would make it different. If there is a sales agreement then it would be with the distributer, and he has to pay for the increase or there is a statement somewhere in the text that they are not accountable for these price increases and can charge that directly to the customer. You do not buy from Stern direclty and the prices on their webpage are suggested retail prices.

I think it is up to the manufacturer to decide what price to ask for the product. And up to the distributor what charge the client. Lame thing from Stern is just that they keep postponing the run. It would be better to just make a run and sell those machines for the price they want to ask for it at that time. The distributors would only keep a list of interested people not taking any money. I also do not think the downpayments all went to Stern.

I think we will see more of these price increases, they run a title for over 3-4 years now, do not expect them to sell for the initial price all the way. Things are getting more expensive and since there is no real competition for Stern, they could just do this all the time. Once a mayor competitor comes in, things will change and we will see Stern get more efficient.

#6441 3 years ago

double.sorry

#6442 3 years ago

Here is an idea. Don’t release a new game until you are caught up with backlogged production.

#6443 3 years ago

Stern price increases?!? Gappa Angry!

Gappa.GappaAngry (resized).jpgGappa.GappaAngry (resized).jpg
#6444 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Here is an idea. Don’t release a new game until you are caught up with backlogged production.

Dammmmm no he didn’t say that.
Well said
I totally agree stern will never catch up if the keep releasing a new pin every 3 months.

#6445 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You would think they would but that makes too much sense.

#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Dammmmm no he didn’t say that.
Well said
I totally agree stern will never catch up if the keep releasing a new pin every 3 months.

True, and I've heard some pinsiders try to defend the constant releases by saying that Stern has license agreements that might expire. But the thing is, Stern's license agreements allow them to make an individual pin for at least a few years at a time before renewal. If Stern is making these for 3 years, then a 3 month delay is no biggie in the grand scheme of things. And an extra 3 months might actually let them catchup.

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

True, and I've heard some pinsiders try to defend the constant releases by saying that Stern has license agreements that might expire. But the thing is, Stern's license agreements allow them to make an individual pin for at least a few years at a time before renewal. If Stern is making these for 3 years, then a 3 month delay is no biggie in the grand scheme of things. And an extra 3 months might actually let them catchup.

Unless they work overtime or expand how can they catch up? Either option cost Stern more money and we pay for that sadly

#6448 3 years ago

Unless they work overtime or expand how can they catch up? Either option cost Stern more money and we pay for that sadly

I heard they hired 65 more employees and the are pumping out about 500 games a week.

#6449 3 years ago

The backlog is getting deeper and deeper - but I'm sure Stern sees this as a high-quality problem, since it keeps all lines moving moving moving without any gaps. Gaps in line production have brought down other pinball companies.

#6450 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The backlog is getting deeper and deeper - but I'm sure Stern sees this as a high-quality problem, since it keeps all lines moving moving moving without any gaps. Gaps in line production have brought down other pinball companies.

for Stern it's a good problem to have being 5-6 thousand games behind. They need to catch up before putting out a new game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.