IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 363.
#6301 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd say the one thing ehoh does not have is the innuendo call out of ss. I was hoping for more of elviras sexy callouts

That’s unfortunate as Elvira’s sexy innuendo was one of my favorite things in SS. Maybe there are hidden/unused Elvira clips in the ROM that could be unlocked with Pinball Browser in the future? Wishful thinking anyway. The “I’m having multiple jackpots” and “Don’t worry...I’ll get him up” call outs in SS always put a smile on my face, lol. Kinda missing my SS now...hopefully HOH ends up filling the void

#6302 3 years ago

Jeez, sure are a lot of these in the market right now. Don’t know if people are bored with it just trying to cash in on the low supply high demand right now.

#6303 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Jeez, sure are a lot of these in the market right now. Don’t know if people are bored with it just trying to cash in on the low supply high demand right now.

Based on the prices, looks like yes

#6304 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Supply and demand. Used ones with just a few mods are selling for 7800 and up.

Yep. There’s a premium listed as sale pending at $9200. another listed for $8600. well liked the game and lack of new supply. LEs likely will be hard to find. Even when stern makes more premiums, if they do, my guess is it would only be a small run. I had thought about selling mine a couple of months ago, but couldn’t part with it.

#6305 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yep. There’s a premium listed as sale pending at $9200. another listed for $8600. well liked the game and lack of new supply. LEs likely will be hard to find. Even when stern makes more premiums, if they do, my guess is it would only be a small run. I had thought about selling mine a couple of months ago, but couldn’t part with it.

Wow. I paid $9200 for my LE, and it was new! No way I’d sell though. That game may never leave.

#6306 3 years ago

I have a LE for sale for 25K
Or just a picture of it for $100

No just kidding, sorry for all that are waiting on this game. Really hope Stern will make some of these inthe near future. But listening to Gary I really wonder if they are going to do that.

#6307 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have a LE for sale for 25K
Or just a picture of it for $100

No just kidding, sorry for all that are waiting on this game. Really hope Stern will make some of these inthe near future. But listening to Gary I really wonder if they are going to do that.

Don’t believe it until they are on the line. Plans can change..

#6308 3 years ago

Can I join the club if I only have the topper and shooter rod? lol
I plan on getting the game but don't have space at the moment. I had FOMO with the topper and ordered one so I know that I will have one when I get my game.

#6309 3 years ago

FYI. stern is bumping the price of Elvira HOH and BM66 by $500.00

need to decide on keeping my order or canceling. any advise would be helpful

#6310 3 years ago

Where did you hear this?

#6311 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

It’s true. Was just notified about this as well.

#6312 3 years ago

Maybe they are including the topper.

#6313 3 years ago

Wow. Glad we have one, but I'd still buy at that price if I was looking. Such a great game

#6314 3 years ago

I paid $8,000 for used just last month so it is probably still worth keeping NIB order. Supply will still be limited I imagine.

#6315 3 years ago

That’s hilarious

Quoted from PinsOnly:

Maybe they are including the topper.

#6316 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

So this would include people that have existing deposits down? That's a little awkward for distos who already promised a specific price. I guess that they have so much demand, they have to find a way to shake some orders off.

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of prices going up this year.

#6317 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I just got the same news from my distributor. This even applies to existing orders that have not yet shipped. =(

#6318 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I just canceled my order. Between that and the tax, it was too much for me. Hopefully I'll pick one up some day.

#6319 3 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

If everyone would cancel we could take control of this price increase craziness but I know that is not happening so I am keeping my order.

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I just canceled my order. Between that and the tax, it was too much for me. Hopefully I'll pick one up some day.

I’m leaning towards cancelling my order as well. Game seems cool but that’s just bad business. Not to mention playfield issues have not been resolved with stern. I have 2 recent NIB Sterns with playfield issues.

#6321 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I’m leaning towards cancelling my order as well. Game seems cool but that’s just bad business. Not to mention playfield issues have not been resolved with stern. I have 2 recent NIB Sterns with playfield issues.

I am disappointed as hell, but what can you do. I am picking up another newer Stern for quite a bit lower than what they are selling new...so we'll see if that happens again. Let someone else take the hit.

#6322 3 years ago

Just got the call too. Everyone probably will as they seem to be confirming people are cancelling or keeping their orders. This next run is going to be limited to these orders only I'll bet. Shaping up to be a pretty rare game.

#6323 3 years ago

Wow that’s fucked. I get that margins are smaller than other games but to up the price knowing full well many people have deposits down is gross.

#6324 3 years ago

Confirmed. Just emailed my distributor.

This should get very interesting for those with deposits in...they gonna be furious.

#6325 3 years ago

If everyone pulled deposits they just wouldn’t run the game period. It’s looking like my theory that EHOH is too costly for them to make money on is true. That’s got to be the reason why they’ve only produced 1070 of them so far. The demand is there but it doesn’t benefit the company to continue to produce when they can just crank out a bunch of bare bones Led Zeppelin’s sell thousands and make a killing.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If everyone would cancel we could take control of this price increase craziness but I know that is not happening so I am keeping my order.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6326 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If everyone pulled deposits they just wouldn’t run the game period. It’s looking like my theory that EHOH is too costly for them to make money on is true. That’s got to be the reason why they’ve only produced 1070 of them so far. The demand is there but it doesn’t benefit the company to continue to produce when they can just crank out a bunch of bare bones Led Zeppelin’s sell thousands and make a killing.

This 100%. They’ll do one more run if you pay up. If deposits get pulled then no more ehoh for you. On to the next one.

#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So this would include people that have existing deposits down? That's a little awkward for distos who already promised a specific price. I guess that they have so much demand, they have to find a way to shake some orders off.
I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of prices going up this year.

yes all existing orders get the price increase. Im guessing both BM66 and elvira HOH aren’t big sellers and this will probably be a last run since they are about 6,000 games behind but hopefully since they hired more workers they will catch up soon.

#6328 3 years ago

If they want to do a price increase for new orders, fine (even though $500 is outrageous). However, jacking up prices retroactively on orders they've had for months, keep pushing back, and where deposits have been made is just unethical.

This is a direct result of people willing to pay $1k for items like toppers. Gary Stern has convinced himself pinball demand and prices are inelastic.

Well, Gary, Covid won't last forever and people are going to shift their money towards travel and other interests come summer and fall. Gouge customers for short term gain, it will eventually catch up to you.

#6329 3 years ago

What BS! Stern, your losing my respect more and more. Last 2 games I’ve spent good money on and they have NOT been Sterns. My third very soon will also NOT be a Stern.

#6330 3 years ago

So now what to do. I put a deposit down last year based on a set a price. Now $500 more is just insane. So because Stern jacked the price up will this allow me to get back my non refundable deposit back then? I am really not happy about this.

The family and I really love this pin. Since so few out there and it holding its value, I don’t want to pay near new price for a used one if one even comes up for sale near me. Looks like Stern wants to lighten up their production schedule apparently.

#6331 3 years ago

Does anyone else think this is the start of changing Studio vs Cornerstone pricing long term? Maybe $8,500 and $10-11k vs the pro, premium and LE pricing.

#6332 3 years ago

Anyone in California want to sell me your EHOH? Or trade for AFM LE ?? Let’s do this

#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So now what to do. I put a deposit down last year based on a set a price. Now $500 more is just insane. So because Stern jacked the price up will this allow me to get back my non refundable deposit back then? I am really not happy about this.
The family and I really love this pin. Since so few out there and it holding its value, I don’t want to pay near new price for a used one if one even comes up for sale near me. Looks like Stern wants to lighten up their production schedule apparently.

I was given the option to cancel and refund or transfer

#6334 3 years ago

It's a shame Stern did this. JJP kept the WOZECLE price at$6500 for the first 500 even though they lost money. Still, this game is worth it. At least they could throw in another toy and powder coat for the extra $500. Maybe call it the X edition.

#6335 3 years ago

In terms of the $500 price increase, I think everyone should cancel their orders. I say that fully admitting that I already have an EHoH. It’s an awesome pin, but I don’t think it’s worth getting taken advantage of to get one. Have some pride and move on. There are other great pins out there and more to come. Shame on Stern.

#6336 3 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

I was given the option to cancel and refund or transfer

Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it. I am not happy and they should at least give us something extra besides an extra $500 in their pockets.

That’s a bunch of crap not honoring their original price from literally last year when deposits were taken. If this was a vault edition made a few years later than fine, but 11 days into 2021 they jack it up $500 more. That’s just a really shitty business practice. Guess they want a big cut of our lousy $600 stimulus check.

I am new to pinball since 2019 and Stern really soured me to them in 2021. So much for hoping 2021 would be better. Not a good start. My family I love this game, but man this is just crap that this now jacks a premium over $8k. I hope this price will not be the new normal and they are testing the waters.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I hope this price will not be the new normal and they are testing the waters.

If people pay it, it will almost certainly become the new normal.

I don’t buy that an Elvira Premium costs Stern more than other Premiums. But if this only applies to Batman and Elvira it seems like an effort to either capitalize on demand or drive those titles from production- not sure which.

#6338 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t buy that an Elvira Premium costs Stern more than other Premiums. But if this only applies to Batman and Elvira it seems like an effort to either capitalize on demand or drive those titles from production- not sure which.

At this point it probably is both. I really think they don’t want to go back to making them both any longer since it’s been speculated they are way behind as it is for pins just from last year on top of Led Zeppelin added to the mix. Wanting to get rid of EHOH and B66 that they are not making much money on makes business sense, but sucks for us who want either title.

#6339 3 years ago

EHOH most definitely costs Stern more to make than most other premiums. 4 ball lock mechanisms (most games have one) Two Motors (most have zero) Lifting ramp, rotating deadheads door (not other games had this) Advanced Color changing spotlights in three areas, two diverters, entire house toy...man...the list goes on. They spared no expense on this title.

Quoted from jfh:

#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

In terms of the $500 price increase, I think everyone should cancel their orders. I say that fully admitting that I already have an EHoH. It’s an awesome pin, but I don’t think it’s worth getting taken advantage of to get one. Have some pride and move on. There are other great pins out there and more to come. Shame on Stern.

I think my pride is kicking in even though I really want it as does the wife and kids. My wife is going to think about keeping the preorder or cancel it. This sucks.

#6341 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is a test balloon - if people go for it, EHOH and B66 go back on the line. If people don't go for it, they don't. I certainly sympathize with potential owners who feel like they're getting scammed by Stern, but from a business standpoint, this is literally you voting with your wallet. If you vote no, another game goes on the line. Considering both B66 and EHOH are Lyman games, maybe he needs to start working on the next boutique game and this is a way to decide which direction to go in.

#6342 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Confirmed. Just emailed my distributor.
This should get very interesting for those with deposits in...they gonna be furious.

How much is a premium in Canadian funds now?

Rob

#6343 3 years ago

I think the test balloon was the $1000 topper that sold out quickly. At least they didn't try to squeeze another $200 on top of that.

#6344 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I think the test balloon was the $1000 topper that sold out quickly. At least they didn't try to squeeze another $200 on top of that.

I was surprised LZ topper was only $850. I was expecting at least $1500

#6345 3 years ago

The part that is most infuriating as a customer, is obvious. Those of us had deposits on a specific SET PRICE. These were ostensibly to be fulfilled in October. My deposit was paid in September. Then out of the blue, we’re told that they will not be fulfilled/delivered until March. Disappointing but it happens. Then the only info now is delivery later than march and oh, that original price that you paid your deposit for? No, that deal is gone. No explanation. Just, bc they felt like it?? This is terrible business. I frankly don’t care if their profit margin is smaller than they would like on these 2 titles. This is a horrible way to treat loyal customers who pay insane amounts of money for these machines. It’s wrong. It’s kind of mean-spirited. Absolutely, they should be honoring the original price that customers laid deposits down for! This is outrageous. I can’t see rationalizing this in to any kind of acceptable business practice.

#6346 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

EHOH most definitely costs Stern more to make than most other premiums. 4 ball lock mechanisms (most games have one) Two Motors (most have zero) Lifting ramp, rotating deadheads door (not other games had this) Advanced Color changing spotlights in three areas, two diverters, entire house toy...man...the list goes on. They spared no expense on this title.

Actually they did, they removed a ramp that was originally in the design.

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

For "what crazy price will people pay?!" , definitely. I was talking about manufacturing though - the topper is outsourced isn't it?

#6348 3 years ago

No kidding, I can’t even imagine where another ramp would even fit in this game. Any idea what the original design looked like?

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Actually they did, they removed a ramp that was originally in the design.

#6349 3 years ago

Wasn't the ramp change in the design/shape rather than removal?

#6350 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

EHOH has three motors. Lift ramp, Crypt and Turret.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/127?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.