EHoH1 (resized).jpg
EHoH2 (resized).jpg
EHoH3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,093 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 362.
#6251 3 years ago

hell yes man, I nominated and voted for you dood! they are epic!

#6252 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Woke up to see that my Elvira mods made the TWIPY ballot for mod of the year
Thanks again for the support that helped them make the list, and if you believe they merit a place in the top three, it would be awesome to get your vote Thank you!
https://twipys.com/
[quoted image]

This had to be about as surprising as a pond freezing over in winter - but so richly and well-deservedly even more predictable!

Congrats to Medisinyl!!!

#6253 3 years ago

I voted, 3 points in the pocket.

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

This had to be about as surprising as a pond freezing over in winter - but so richly and well-deservedly even more predictable!
Congrats to Medisinyl!!!

Haha, well, I live in Florida, so that would be quite a surprise!

Thanks again to everyone for the votes. Truly awesome to make the ballot. While our niche awards event is likely silly to most, it means a lot to me to be recognized in it.

#6255 3 years ago

You got my vote as well! Medisinyl

#6256 3 years ago

You got mine!!

#6257 3 years ago

I just rewaxed my gargoyles as I noticed they weren't hitting the glass anymore. Machine is back like new!

#6258 3 years ago

After having tried all of the various fixes for the VUK issue and none working consistently, I have finally got it sorted. My issue was the alignment of the subway to the hole through the playfield. I had to remove the subway and enlarge the holes to allow enough play to properly align it. See pics

361D384C-3D40-4E55-BBA8-B2DBB8C51810 (resized).jpeg361D384C-3D40-4E55-BBA8-B2DBB8C51810 (resized).jpeg629BD293-48FD-4844-8C1D-A67D63FF3A37 (resized).jpeg629BD293-48FD-4844-8C1D-A67D63FF3A37 (resized).jpeg
#6259 3 years ago

When set to free play. How can you select more than one player?

#6260 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

When set to free play. How can you select more than one player?

Every time you press start while on player 1 and ball 1 is unlaunched or in play, it adds a player. So keep pressing start.

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Every time you press start while on player 1 and ball 1 is unlaunched or in play, it adds a player. So keep pressing start.

Thank you!

#6262 3 years ago

Also if you're in a 1 player game and on anything after ball 1, if you hold start, you can abort and start a new game.

#6263 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also if you're in a 1 player game and on anything after ball 1, if you hold start, you can abort and start a new game.

Great info. Appreciate it

#6264 3 years ago

I hope my deposit comes through and Elvira graces my home this year.

#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

After having tried all of the various fixes for the VUK issue and none working consistently, I have finally got it sorted. My issue was the alignment of the subway to the hole through the playfield. I had to remove the subway and enlarge the holes to allow enough play to properly align it. See pics[quoted image][quoted image]

Have you also tried dremaling the popper? And if you did was it better? I'm about to try the dremel fix but will definitely check the ramp alignment. I shifted the ramp assembly over and probability get a target hit 40% from never.

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Have you also tried dremaling the popper? And if you did was it better? I'm about to try the dremel fix but will definitely check the ramp alignment. I shifted the ramp assembly over and probability get a target hit 40% from never.

Yes I did do the dremel fix but made little difference in my case, I bought the game used and the Stern fix was already done. It worked better with the popper back in the original position. The tape fix made little / no difference. I believe the ball was randomly ricocheting off the subway plastic and / or exposed playfield wood before exiting. The ball now comes out strong enough that I’ve had to turn down the coil power.

#6267 3 years ago

Joining the club here in the next few months. I put my order in just before the first. So now the hard part of waiting until the next run.

#6268 3 years ago

Best of luck to ya’....I’ve been on a list since last February. Thankfully was able to buy an huo a few months back. The wait was killing me.

Quoted from Apex:

Joining the club here in the next few months. I put my order in just before the first. So now the hard part of waiting until the next run.

#6269 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And if you're in a game at any point and want to end it back to the attract mode, hold down the left flipper button and the start button for a couple of seconds. This may be unique to EHOH.

#6270 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

And if you're in a game at any point and want to end it back to the attract mode, hold down the left flipper button and the start button for a couple of seconds. This may be unique to EHOH.

That only works on some of the newer games, so I didn't want to confuse them.

#6271 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Best of luck to ya’....I’ve been on a list since last February. Thankfully was able to buy an huo a few months back. The wait was killing me.

You have been on the list since February 2020?? Damn. Doesn’t give me much hope. I put a deposit down in November 2020 with Orange County.

#6272 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Last week, JJ told me that Stern is currently 6k games behind in orders and running at full capacity. Stern is telling him that EHOH is now getting booted to Q2. Though I’d like to see more runs as well, when you consider that they just released LZ and have four more cornerstone games coming out next year, and still trying to fill AIQ orders, it's easy to see that they may never get to any additional runs. If you want one, I’d put down your deposit now.
Another thing to consider is the stimulus checks and lockdowns. Demand is through the roof due to the lockdowns, which will likely continue well into next year. Also, expect more stimulus checks to go out. I know those will pay for basic needs for a lot of folks, but there is still plenty of six-figure households that will get them (that are not impacted), and as a result, will have more cash to dump on things like NIB pins. I see the Stern backlog getting much worse, which could very well lead to a spike in prices.

Yeah, I don't know why the hell Stern keeps releasing new titles, when there's so much pent-up demand for their existing catalog of games. Why not just push their next cornerstone off for an extra three months and freakin catch up! It would be REALLY annoying if they never got around to making more Elvira's, when it's such an amazing game, just so they could put out a new mediocre cornerstone-pin. So yeah, I really hope they actually make another run of Elvira's. Only reason I was gonna sell my Elvira was because I thought they were for sure making more in March.

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I don't know why the hell Stern keeps releasing new titles, when there's so much pent-up demand for their existing catalog of games. Why not just push their next cornerstone off for an extra three months and freakin catch up! It would be REALLY annoying if they never got around to making more Elvira's, when it's such an amazing game, just so they could put out a new mediocre cornerstone-pin. So yeah, I really hope they actually make another run of Elvira's. Only reason I was gonna sell my Elvira was because I thought they were for sure making more in March.

There may be licensing deadlines that they need to adhere to.

#6274 3 years ago

All I know is that I’ve been on waitlist since February, I’ve checked in a few times...nothing. I missed out on the June builds because I was too far back on the list w/ Tilt and Cointaker. I honestly don’t think that Stern will surpass 1500 EHOH total at this point. Seems like they made this title for the pinhead collectors only and the game is definitely most costly for them to produce than all of their other premiums. I just can’t see many more being made... with TMNT AIQ LZ ...another 1st quarter cornerstone AND another Kapow coming....it’s not lookin good

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You have been on the list since February 2020?? Damn. Doesn’t give me much hope. I put a deposit down in November 2020 with Orange County.

#6275 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All I know is that I’ve been on waitlist since February

You need to shop around some more. I bought mine in June and at least 2 dealers I talked with at that time had them in stock.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6276 3 years ago

Yep, it pay to shop around. We bought one in End of September and we got the second last one they had in stock. Google is your friend.

#6277 3 years ago

I ended up buying a low play HUO nearby a few months back but I’m still on the waitlist and it’s been crickets.

Quoted from docquest:

You need to shop around some more. I bought mine in June and at least 2 dealers I talked with at that time had them in stock.

Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Yep, it pay to shop around. We bought one in End of September and we got the second last one they had in stock. Google is your friend.

#6278 3 years ago

For those who have Scared Stiff and own this title, do they compliment each other well? For a small collection of 5 or 6 pins was just wondering if both of these titles is too much. I have Scared Stiff and probably my favorite of all time, never leaving. Yes it’s a little on the easy side but love the game play and call outs too much. Is EHOH similar or totally different and is this good or bad?

#6279 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

For those who have Scared Stiff and own this title, do they compliment each other well? For a small collection of 5 or 6 pins was just wondering if both of these titles is too much. I have Scared Stiff and probably my favorite of all time, never leaving. Yes it’s a little on the easy side but love the game play and call outs too much. Is EHOH similar or totally different and is this good or bad?

We ended up selling ss after purchasing ehoh. Not really similar, but ehoh plays so much better. Ss is great, but in our small (7) collection was not getting played anymore

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We ended up selling ss after purchasing ehoh. Not really similar, but ehoh plays so much better. Ss is great, but in our small (7) collection was not getting played anymore

Exactly what I was going to say. EHOH shares a lot of similarities with SS, but in every way it is more. I would say SS has *one* thing EHOH doesn't have, which is the smoothest ramp ever, the Bony Beast. But the ramps on EHOH are great too

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes, SS is easier but it’s also a title that’s a generation old. It’s one of the best of the DMD 90s, just as HOH has become one of best of the LCD generation. Every collection should have an “easier, just step up and play” game and SS fits that bill. HOH isn’t easy by any means but has the same type of smooth shooting SS is known for. SS also has the very cool spider wheel toy in the backbox and, as you mention, the great Elvira humor.

The gameplay of the two is different enough that you won’t get bored with one if you have the other. I think they compliment each other well, but whether you want two Elvira titles making up 1/3 of your collection is something to think about. But would avoid getting HOH just because I already owned SS? No chance.

#6282 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Exactly what I was going to say. EHOH shares a lot of similarities with SS, but in every way it is more. I would say SS has *one* thing EHOH doesn't have, which is the smoothest ramp ever, the Bony Beast. But the ramps on EHOH are great too

I'd say the one thing ehoh does not have is the innuendo call out of ss. I was hoping for more of elviras sexy callouts

#6283 3 years ago

I was going to try to have all 3 elvira games, but after playing party monsters , no thanks. Maybe just me, but I didn't care for it. But, if I had big collection would get all 3 for sure

#6284 3 years ago

Yeah I’d really like to get more time on a EHOH but no location around here has one or they are closed.

#6285 3 years ago

Hi everyone. New to all this. Just picked up my HOH last week. First pin. Pretty excited and I know this is a hobby that’s going to cost me a lot of money Can someone explain the “got a match” at the end of the game?

#6286 3 years ago

Last 2 numbers of yr score, wins free game

#6287 3 years ago

Get ahold of Medisinyl, Best mods for this pin

Screenshot_20210104-165953_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210104-165953_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#6288 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Last 2 numbers of yr score, wins free game

Ahh. Thank you.

#6289 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Get ahold of Medisinyl, he's on last call for these. Best mods for this pin
[quoted image]

Thanks! Actually sent them a message today. On the list!

#6290 3 years ago

They are so cool and fit perfect. We did our dogs name and I put some pics on lid

Screenshot_20210104-171706_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210104-171706_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210104-171722_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210104-171722_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210104-171726_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210104-171726_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Get ahold of Medisinyl, he's on last call for these. Best mods for this pin
[quoted image]

Just on last call for unique custom caskets to be made (the Stiffton casket and a couple popular existing custom caskets will continue to be offered after run #21). Cancelling the customs has always been the plan, and was mentioned previously (didn't expect solid interest to remain this long, so pulling the plug a bit earlier than claimed). The customs do take a lot of time that would be better suited towards getting through my long backlogs.

No fear of a complete discontinuation of these mods for awhile. Still surreal to see to see the continued appreciation for these mods. Thanks again to everyone, and it's awesome to see all the PMs and posts about the TWIPY votes

#6292 3 years ago

My game is up for trade
Rick and morty

#6293 3 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

After having tried all of the various fixes for the VUK issue and none working consistently, I have finally got it sorted. My issue was the alignment of the subway to the hole through the playfield. I had to remove the subway and enlarge the holes to allow enough play to properly align it. See pics[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you use the same holes and if so how’d you move the ramp over a bit

#6294 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Did you use the same holes and if so how’d you move the ramp over a bit

I removed it and drilled the screw holes out bigger to give enough play to move it.

#6295 3 years ago

Hey guys, just a question did the MSRP raise for Elvira? I was surfing hemisphere amusements website and Elvira was listed for $8499

https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-game-elvira-house-of-horrors.php#premium

#6296 3 years ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Hey guys, just a question did the MSRP raise for Elvira? I was surfing hemisphere amusements website and Elvira was listed for $8499
https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-game-elvira-house-of-horrors.php#premium

MSRP at launch was $7,999 for the Premium / $9,599 for the LE. Does Stern raise prices on re-runs?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stern-pinball-announces-new-elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-machines-300920521.html

#6297 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

I did google and called a few places in November 2020 to find an Elvira, but at that point stock was all sold out. Then a few places only had a few deposit slots left so I went with were I bought my MBr and BKSOR premium NIB at Orange County. Unfortunately late to wanting an Elvira and just started collecting pinball in late 2019. Hopefully I get one.

#6298 3 years ago

I believe a 100$ increase was announced for stern msrp in 2021. Certainly not 500$ though.

#6299 3 years ago

Supply and demand. Used ones with just a few mods are selling for 7800 and up.

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just on last call for unique custom caskets to be made (the Stiffton casket and a couple popular existing custom caskets will continue to be offered after run #21). Cancelling the customs has always been the plan, and was mentioned previously (didn't expect solid interest to remain this long, so pulling the plug a bit earlier than claimed). The customs do take a lot of time that would be better suited towards getting through my long backlogs.
No fear of a complete discontinuation of these mods for awhile. Still surreal to see to see the continued appreciation for these mods. Thanks again to everyone, and it's awesome to see all the PMs and posts about the TWIPY votes

I think it is a good idea to cancel the customs. I could care less because your mods are unbelievable as is. I still hope my deposit comes through and your mods grace Elviras playfield. I wish I was talented like you in making these.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,093 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/126?hl=aaron6920 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.