IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 362.
#6201 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well that’s not very encouraging at all. Hopefully others back out in front of me. Damn that sucks. Too paid paying a deposit apparently means nothing.

Want to point out that you don't necessarily have to wait until March/April if you don't want to.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/107380

Just sayin....

#6202 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Bought that as a halloween prop. Was around $10 and just slice it to correct size.

nice!

#6203 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Got a link to the stl handy?

I found it on Thingiverse. I can't get the search to work properly right now, but there are a whole bunch of gargoyles available there.

#6204 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Want to point out that you don't necessarily have to wait until March/April if you don't want to.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/107380
Just sayin....

Too bad your in South Dakota and not near me.

#6205 3 years ago

Does anyone know ( or could semi- accurately guess ) how many EHOH prem have been produced so far?

#6206 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Does anyone know ( or could semi- accurately guess ) how many EHOH prem have been produced so far?

You asked that 40 days ago and I answered you.

Elvira's House of Horrors - The Owner's Club Post #5892

#6207 3 years ago

I missed your response somehow. Thanks!

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

#6208 3 years ago

Is that number considered a success sales wise? New to the hobby and have a deposit down for an Elvira.

#6209 3 years ago

Is that number considered a success sales wise? New to the hobby and have a deposit down for an Elvira.

Stern knew Elvira wasn't going to be a huge hit when they announced it but were very pleased how well the fans of the theme responded. Titles like Star Wars, Jurrasic Park and Turtles pay the bills. Elvira is more of a obligation to the pinball world to put out a game that the fans of pinall past wanted to see done. It is a niche game. The game is still in production but likey will not hit the 2000 number. I personally think Stern would have been happy with 1000 units. Everything above that is a bonus to the bottom line.

#6210 3 years ago

Stern knew Elvira wasn't going to be a huge hit when they announced it but were very pleased how well the fans of the theme responded. Titles like Star Wars, Jurrasic Park and Turtles pay the bills. Elvira is more of a obligation to the pinball world to put out a game that the fans of pinall past wanted to see done. It is a niche game. The game is still in production but likey will not hit the 2000 number. I personally think Stern would have been happy with 1000 units. Everything above that is a bonus to the bottom line.

Hopefully I get one and my deposit comes through

#6211 3 years ago

I may consider a trade for my loaded premium!
Sw premium or le
Aerosmith le or pre
Guns N’ Roses le

#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I may consider a trade for my loaded premium!
Sw premium or le
Aerosmith le or pre
Guns N’ Roses le

Good luck, you'll have people beating down your door. I'm just worried that I'll have a hard time getting it back someday, but I'm hoping Stern will eventually make enough of these...

#6213 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Good luck, you'll have people beating down your door. I'm just worried that I'll have a hard time getting it back someday, but I'm hoping Stern will eventually make enough of these...

I hope my deposit for one is fulfilled

#6214 3 years ago

I am a big Elvira fan (Scared Stiff is my second pin I ever bought, and bolted to the floor). I bought this game as a fan of Elvira, but based on the fan layout and what I had seen of it at the time, I thought it would be one of those games which I kept for 6-12 months then rotated out of my collection (I only have room for 6 pins, 3 of which are long term keepers, so I always struggle to decide what gets sold to keep things fresh). Well, it has been about 6 months now that I have owned it and I have totally fallen in love with it. Such a fun and well coded game. I still think the callouts in Scared Stiff are better (funnier, more double entendre), but this game oozes charm and camp and is just a blast. It's a little easier to shoot, which is refreshing after getting punished by Rick and Morty (which is also amazing). I can't see it leaving anywhere in the near future, and I am so happy I picked one up before the supply dried up (I hope Stern cranks out a lot more of these so others can enjoy it!!). Now I just need to figure out where to put more pins, because I am reaching a point where I don't want to let anything go! On this Christmas Eve, I feel very lucky and blessed to have first world problems like this.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

#6215 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I am a big Elvira fan (Scared Stiff is my second pin I ever bought, and bolted to the floor). I bought this game as a fan of Elvira, but based on the fan layout and what I had seen of it at the time, I thought it would be one of those games which I kept for 6-12 months then rotated out of my collection (I only have room for 6 pins, 3 of which are long term keepers, so I always struggle to decide what gets sold to keep things fresh). Well, it has been about 6 months now that I have owned it and I have totally fallen in love with it. Such a fun and well coded game. I still think the callouts in Scared Stiff are better (funnier, more double entendre), but this game oozes charm and camp and is just a blast. It's a little easier to shoot, which is refreshing after getting punished by Rick and Morty (which is also amazing). I can't see it leaving anywhere in the near future, and I am so happy I picked one up before the supply dried up (I hope Stern cranks out a lot more of these so others can enjoy it!!). Now I just need to figure out where to put more pins, because I am reaching a point where I don't want to let anything go! On this Christmas Eve, I feel very lucky and blessed to have first world problems like this.

Yep! Need to go play a couple rounds after Heist has been kicking my butt.

#6216 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Nice write up.

I own both EHOH and R&M as well. You are right about R&M being punishing, but I find that pin to be far more "addicting", but they are so very different in terms of game play that I think they compliment each other very well.

I agree with you on the callouts on SS being better, with humor that never gets old. By contrast, some of the "back door" jokes on EHOH got old pretty fast.

Regardless, Lyman has done a great job on the code, as usual. I think Gappa Angry is a fantastic mini wizard mode. I've made it to the 6 ball multiball on Gappa Angry only once so far, and it was very cool.

#6217 3 years ago

Does any one have an older version of the code for me. LE version. Thinking of adding back some call outs on deadheads and backdoor to current code. Looking for anything before 1.0

#6218 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Does any one have an older version of the code for me. LE version. Thinking of adding back some call outs on deadheads and backdoor to current code. Looking for anything before 1.0

I have .98 and .99.

#6219 3 years ago

still haven't seen the special holiday code.. will try for it tonight, is it cool? when does it expire?

#6220 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

still haven't seen the special holiday code.. will try for it tonight, is it cool? when does it expire?

I was wondering the same. IS there actually anything in there?

#6221 3 years ago

Sitting here watching “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians” for my very first time.
Let’s just say it is uniquely different !
I found the movie playing for free on Tubi

Merry Christmas Pinsiders

#6222 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was wondering the same. IS there actually anything in there?

k just got it, I usually get drac first, but maybe he coded it to get the Santa haunt everytime during the holiday. you get a special intro and outro for the haunt. pretty cool actually, it's fun to play the haunt on Christmas. what an excellent holiday pin!

#6223 3 years ago

k just got it, I usually get drac first, but maybe he coded it to get the Santa haunt everytime during the holiday. you get a special intro and outro for the haunt. pretty cool actually, it's fun to play the haunt on Christmas. what an excellent holiday pin!

Going downstairs right now! how cool is this little nugget

#6224 3 years ago

What code is this?? I have 1.01 code update didn’t see anything special am I missing something?

#6225 3 years ago

Can also confirm, different intro and a special little surprise video when you finish the mode. Nothing crazy but worth going and playing today! Also, you do not automatically get the Santa mode on the first try. Took me 3 keys.

#6226 3 years ago

I tried to get there today. But I did not get that mode. I got the giant gilly monster. Will try tomorrow again.

#6227 3 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone, I cheated and tool off the glass to do the santa mode, pretty cool

#6228 3 years ago

Can somebody put up a video of the special holiday mode videos on YouTube?

#6229 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Can somebody put up a video of the special holiday mode videos on YouTube?

Hurry Up pinball did a steam recently that shows it. He gets to the Santa Haunt at 2 hours and 10 minutes in and you see the easter egg at the end of the mode.

#6230 3 years ago

Here's a clip of the Easter egg from last night's stream. The game audio is low because last night was movie night. I had trouble all night getting SCCTM (out of 11 (I think) attempts, I mostly got TGGM or TSROD. At the end of the stream, I ended up taking the glass off. LOL

#6231 3 years ago

Is the Easter Egg only available when the game is set to December 25th?

#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is the Easter Egg only available when the game is set to December 25th?

I believe so. I played and beat the mode with the date of Dec 23rd and nada. Switched the date to Dec 25th, beat the mode, and the Easter egg popped up. Was bummed that the deadhead was in the way of the video but it was still really cool to see. I wonder if they will remove it in the next game code update. I was snooping around in pinball browser and there are tons of callouts I have not heard yet which makes me think there is more stuff on the way. Finger crossed.

C75EE458-0BA0-4AC4-A7B6-5332C5CEF34F (resized).jpegC75EE458-0BA0-4AC4-A7B6-5332C5CEF34F (resized).jpeg
#6233 3 years ago

I also think 25th played it today and got there but not this, I was already wondering if I missed something.

#6234 3 years ago

I received the banner as a Christmas gift.
Now I just need Stern to fill my order!

F951F057-9B93-4927-8FEF-FBEEDC5DAA5F (resized).jpegF951F057-9B93-4927-8FEF-FBEEDC5DAA5F (resized).jpeg
#6235 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I received the banner as a Christmas gift.
Now I just need Stern to fill my order!
[quoted image]

Where did you put your deposit down? I put mine at Orange County Pinball. Hopefully our deposits come through and stern makes enough. I want that banner btw. Nice present and game room.

#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

For this reason mine can't ever leave. They will remain highly sought after due to a combination of rarity and being a brilliant game.

I've already turned down very good offers as I'm sure so many on here have. It's going to remain a cult classic which benefits from a great combination of theme, shots, artwork, code and fun.

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

For this reason mine can't ever leave. They will remain highly sought after due to a combination of rarity and being a brilliant game.
I've already turned down very good offers as I'm sure so many on here have. It's going to remain a cult classic which benefits from a great combination of theme, shots, artwork, code and fun.

Yeah, I debated pricing mine higher, but I didn't want to to ask for more money just for the sake of it. I managed to get my Elvira at a great price to begin with, and it's nice to be able to pass along a good deal. Earlier on in my pinball hobby, I had several sellers give me good deals, and I really appreciated it.

Nothing against anyone who would price their Elvira higher, at $8k I'm still actually making a tidy little profit on what I've got into her. So I'm happy.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I debated pricing mine higher, but I didn't want to to ask for more money just for the sake of it. I managed to get my Elvira at a great price to begin with, and it's nice to be able to pass along a good deal. Earlier on in my pinball hobby, I had several sellers give me good deals, and I really appreciated it.
Nothing against anyone who would price their Elvira higher, at $8k I'm still actually making a tidy little profit on what I've got into her. So I'm happy.

We have this debate quite frequently in the UK on pinballinfo.com

Fortunately there are many good guys like yourself Mike who want to enjoy the hobby, share the machines and not profit from fellow pinball fans.

Unfortunately there are others who'll take advantage, buy a machine then sell it on ebay a month later for a big profit.

#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

We have this debate quite frequently in the UK on pinballinfo.com
Fortunately there are many good guys like yourself Mike who want to enjoy the hobby, share the machines and not profit from fellow pinball fans.
Unfortunately there are others who'll take advantage, buy a machine then sell it on ebay a month later for a big profit.

Free market economy - but for pinball in reality - three people and a dog do this; its not a huge business enterprise unlike PS5s and XSX.

#6240 3 years ago

Where did you put your deposit down? I put mine at Orange County Pinball. Hopefully our deposits come through and stern makes enough. I want that banner btw. Nice present and game room.

Cointaker
Hopefully stern makes enough to satisfy the demand. Melissa told me there might be one final run (after the Jan-March run) in late summer/ early fall.

#6241 3 years ago

Cointaker
Hopefully stern makes enough to satisfy the demand. Melissa told me there might be one final run (after the Jan-March run) in late summer/ early fall.

I would expect at least one more run beyond the 1Q/spring run. It’s common for Stern to give a “last call” run for a title before it goes out of production. The upcoming run was not a “last call”.

Also demand is increasing and it would be surprising to see Stern pull a title after only 18 months rather than the more typical 3 year time frame.

#6242 3 years ago

Cointaker

That’s reassuring. Thank you for letting me know. The 2nd run depends on how many deposits taken I bet and also meeting the demand for other games plus making Led Zeppelin on top of it.

#6243 3 years ago

Last week, JJ told me that Stern is currently 6k games behind in orders and running at full capacity. Stern is telling him that EHOH is now getting booted to Q2. Though I’d like to see more runs as well, when you consider that they just released LZ and have four more cornerstone games coming out next year, and still trying to fill AIQ orders, it's easy to see that they may never get to any additional runs. If you want one, I’d put down your deposit now.

Another thing to consider is the stimulus checks and lockdowns. Demand is through the roof due to the lockdowns, which will likely continue well into next year. Also, expect more stimulus checks to go out. I know those will pay for basic needs for a lot of folks, but there is still plenty of six-figure households that will get them (that are not impacted), and as a result, will have more cash to dump on things like NIB pins. I see the Stern backlog getting much worse, which could very well lead to a spike in prices.

#6244 3 years ago

Hi. New to all this. Just purchased an Elvira HOH. Anyone have the issue where the left gargoyle in front of the Crypt will on occasion tap the glass?

#6245 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Hi. New to all this. Just purchased an Elvira HOH. Anyone have the issue where the left gargoyle in front of the Crypt will on occasion tap the glass?

All good. This is by design

#6246 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

All good. This is by design

Ha. Ok. Good. Worried it was going to crack the glass

#6247 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Ha. Ok. Good. Worried it was going to crack the glass

Put a bit of wax on all them and they really jump!

#6248 3 years ago

Game feature #156 lets you shorten the trailer clip or turn it off.

#6249 3 years ago

Topper is now final....I will add some more in the future. Looking at some movement. For now really satisfied with the result.

20210101_151403 (resized).jpg20210101_151403 (resized).jpg
#6250 3 years ago

Woke up to see that my Elvira mods made the TWIPY ballot for mod of the year

Thanks again for the support that helped them make the list, and if you believe they merit a place in the top three, it would be awesome to get your vote Thank you!

https://twipys.com/

f48b0f57d46786e63bd8cefc96b18033.giff48b0f57d46786e63bd8cefc96b18033.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/125?hl=broman90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.