20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 360.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Got to the Santa mode twice tonight and completed both times. I'll be honest, the first time I didn't know what to expect because I previously got it so infrequently as I never really tried for specific modes. The second time I tried to watch for something special but didn't really notice anything.
Perhaps its in the video and I was too busy playing to see? Tomorrow I'll have my wife watch and listen when I get into the modem to try to pick up on something. I guess I was expecting something more apparently special.

This is the main issue I have with Stern and their marketing team. If you're gonna spend all this time PROMOTING a cool new item on one of your awesome recent games, why not PROPERLY EXPLAIN it to folks instead of having everyone try it out forever without any results? If this was Spooky Pinball, you'd have someone in this very thread, explaining how it's supposed to work. And we know Stern folks are here, why not explain it properly? And to place this "easter egg" within a mode that I've got maybe 3 times in 3 months, is also a little "meh". I would have made it EASIER to hit the SANTA mode during the holidays or some shit. It's an awesome mode but VERY VERY HARD to get to, if ever.

#6102 3 years ago

Cuz the anticipation and mystery is cool and fun.

#6103 3 years ago

More toppers available in January. Game Room Guys and others are taking pre-orders

Remember, they are super duper limited. Last run

#6104 3 years ago

How big is the run?

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How big is the run?

Shipping Jan 22nd. Probably making as many as they can sell.

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

More toppers available in January. Game Room Guys and others are taking pre-orders
Remember, they are super duper limited. Last run

New to this. What is the MSRP of the topper?

#6107 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

New to this. What is the MSRP of the topper?

$999

Originally 200 of them. Who knows how many this time.

It's funny in the Gary Stern interview he referenced the Black Knight topper in describing them upping their topper game for the $$$.

The JP and Elvira topper don't even come close and are twice the price. Elvira is better than JP but not by much.

#6108 3 years ago

I’m getting out of the topper business. My last one is TWD (For Sale). After that I AM DONE. Stupid pricing.

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m getting out of the topper business. My last one is TWD (For Sale). After that I AM DONE. Stupid pricing.

#6110 3 years ago

Any homemade toppers out there? I have already seen some in this thread. Try to get some inspiration.

#6111 3 years ago

I have a machine on order for the spring run. What "fixes" or adjustments are needed to get the machine running as it should and to protect the playfield?
As an example, I see the left ramp crate fix on the Pinball life website. Is that still needed?

#6112 3 years ago

I am having a major issue with balls getting stuck in the garage. I had the original gate that balls get stuck behind. That was the cause of the problem I thought. I just replaced that Saturday and finally thought my garage would work. I was saddened to find out balls continue to get stuck in the garage. Often two or three balls stay in there instead of releasing and just counting the ball toward multiball. Then they all come out at once when the lost ball search finally runs four times and releases all the locks. The balls definitely are not getting stuck behind the gate anymore and I am certain there is no debris blocking the exit. I’ve tested the garage post and it fires every time I test it. Has anyone else had this problem? So depressing I’ve have my LE for a year and have only been able to play it for a month. It was down for six months while I waited for a new opto for the right ramp while we had the Covid shutdown. I’ve got an email into Pablo at Stern but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if and/or how you fixed it. I’m thinking it’s an issue with the garage post not dropping when it’s supposed to. Thanks.

#6113 3 years ago

Hello,

made my own design of a new crypt facade printed in 3d.
The print consists of five skull heads having leds in the eyes.
The logo of dead head signboard is iluminated from behind by the existing led in the crypt.

If you want to build your own please refer to my post at thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4676669
You can download the stl files there.

Sorry, but please don't ask for to build a mod for you.
Also I won't provide a kit.
Assembled_1 (resized).jpgAssembled_1 (resized).jpg

#6114 3 years ago

You shouldn’t need anything. Mine is a June build and it’s perfect. Edit...def put Mylar in front of left target bank.

Quoted from beefzap:

I have a machine on order for the spring run. What "fixes" or adjustments are needed to get the machine running as it should and to protect the playfield?
As an example, I see the left ramp crate fix on the Pinball life website. Is that still needed?

#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hello,
The print consists of five skull heads having leds in the the eyes.
The logo of dead head signboard is iluminated from behind by the existing led in the crypt.

[quoted image]

That is awesome. Thanks for making this available. I will for sure be printing this for my game. Excited to see any others that you may design!!!

#6116 3 years ago

Ok everyone I have a issue with my ehoh premium. When you make the 1st gappa lock it wont spit out the ball in the trough. This only happens during gappa and no other time in the game. It's gotten to the point where I try not to get gappa and it's such amazing multiball. How do I fix this.the ball registers the shot when I make it. It just doesnt spit out the ball after lock 1.this didnt start until 1.0 code was installed and I'm on 1.01 as well

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Ok everyone I have a issue with my ehoh premium. When you make the 1st gappa lock it wont spit out the ball in the trough. This only happens during gappa and no other time in the game. It's gotten to the point where I try not to get gappa and it's such amazing multiball. How do I fix this.the ball registers the shot when I make it. It just doesnt spit out the ball after lock 1.this didnt start until 1.0 code was installed and I'm on 1.01 as well

I recently noticed the same thing. Must be a bug in the latest code update. I open and close the coin door and it ejects a ball to resume gameplay.

#6118 3 years ago

Me too!!! So hard for me to get there then this happens. But happens maybe only 3 times out of 5

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I am having a major issue with balls getting stuck in the garage. I had the original gate that balls get stuck behind. That was the cause of the problem I thought. I just replaced that Saturday and finally thought my garage would work. I was saddened to find out balls continue to get stuck in the garage. Often two or three balls stay in there instead of releasing and just counting the ball toward multiball. Then they all come out at once when the lost ball search finally runs four times and releases all the locks. The balls definitely are not getting stuck behind the gate anymore and I am certain there is no debris blocking the exit. I’ve tested the garage post and it fires every time I test it. Has anyone else had this problem? So depressing I’ve have my LE for a year and have only been able to play it for a month. It was down for six months while I waited for a new opto for the right ramp while we had the Covid shutdown. I’ve got an email into Pablo at Stern but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if and/or how you fixed it. I’m thinking it’s an issue with the garage post not dropping when it’s supposed to. Thanks.

It sounds like your machine does not know that there are pinballs in the garage. Have you tried going into switch test to see if the ball lock opto switches are working?
Go to diagnostics, enter switch test, glass off and coin door closed. Then feed a ball into the garage by hand. You should be able to hear and see the optos activate on the display, then the lock post solenoid will fire and ball will release automatically.

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern has not made a “last call” for Elvira to dealers so any dealer with confirmed orders should get one, though not necessarily from the April run. However I think the deposit requirement is from the dealer, not Stern.

Yah this... again I would not give anyone a non- refundable deposit.

Stern has been short shipping dealers every run all year and Im sure it will continue.

If they have ten on order there is no guarantee they will get ten.... last run was more like if you had ten on order you got 3 or 4.

Make sure you can get your deposit back if they dont deliver on time.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Might be the GOAT

That may be a stretch... its a fun ass game though.

Maybe the goat for just a fun time....

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hello,

[quoted image]

That looks amazing!

#6123 3 years ago

haven't updated or even played pinball in 3 months.
I got a question. My pinball is under moving blankets as my furry roommate likes to climb and jump on them. And his claws are sharp.

Anyway. My question is does this game finally have a proper end match sequence?
Is it Elvira at least saying "Unpleasant Dreams"? If they don't have a video of that at the end zooming out of from the couch and out of the house then its a huge wasted opportunity.

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Anyway. My question is does this game finally have a proper end match sequence?
Is it Elvira at least saying "Unpleasant Dreams"? If they don't have a video of that at the end zooming out of from the couch and out of the house then its a huge wasted opportunity.

The match sequence is the same as it always has been. One of the .9x updates kind of broke the match animation a bit, but I think it's been fixed.

Rob

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The match sequence is the same as it always has been. One of the .9x updates kind of broke the match animation a bit, but I think it's been fixed.
Rob

Bummer. One of my fun things that I like about pinball is a fun match sequence.
I get some people don't like them. But, so long as you can skip them I don't mind them, and I enjoy them.
Really dumb that the match is what it is. Even munsters has a better match.
Shame.

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Bummer. One of my fun things that I like about pinball is a fun match sequence.
I get some people don't like them. But, so long as you can skip them I don't mind them, and I enjoy them.
Really dumb that the match is what it is. Even munsters has a better match.
Shame.

I like the whole lightning thing, especially when you get a match. Don’t disagree that
“ unpleasant dreams” should factor in. What’s the Munsters match?

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

This is the main issue I have with Stern and their marketing team. If you're gonna spend all this time PROMOTING a cool new item on one of your awesome recent games, why not PROPERLY EXPLAIN it to folks instead of having everyone try it out forever without any results? If this was Spooky Pinball, you'd have someone in this very thread, explaining how it's supposed to work. And we know Stern folks are here, why not explain it properly? And to place this "easter egg" within a mode that I've got maybe 3 times in 3 months, is also a little "meh". I would have made it EASIER to hit the SANTA mode during the holidays or some shit. It's an awesome mode but VERY VERY HARD to get to, if ever.

I've tried multiple times the last few days to try and see what the easter egg was. I got the Santa haunt a few times but didn't see anything new. I got desperate enough that I finally decided to removed the glass and do it by hand, still nothing new. I decided to set the date to 12/25 and then I finally saw the new clip. Every time I finished the haunt when the date was 12/25 it would play the same new clip at the end. I reset the data back to today (12/6) and I couldn't get it to play anymore. So I think the clip only plays when the date is 12/25 and you complete the haunt successfully.

I wont spoil what the clip is for anyone but will say it was from one of the "bits" she does between commercials from the Santa Clause Conquers the Martians episode of Movie Macabre (which was her Xmas episode of the show when it was originally broadcast 12/20/2010). Also the beginning of that particular episode features a very cool stop motion Xmas short similar in style to those 60's Rankin Bass holiday specials like Rudolph (this wasn't the clip I saw in the game).

#6128 3 years ago

For the last week I am qualifying for extra balls and shooting the house to collect. They are not actually giving me the extra ball and the light is not showing once I collect. Has anyone else had this issue? It isn’t code update related as I didn’t have an issue last week and was already on the new code.

#6129 3 years ago

Please help.

Once in a while I've had problems with balls getting stuck in the cellar. In the past, I could go into the cellar coil test, fire the coil and the ball would shoot out and then the game would play normally again.

Now, anytime a ball goes into the cellar lock and should get shot back out the game does not seem to realize the ball is there. I can still eject the ball with the cellar coil test.

Is this a switch that's suppose to tell the game there is a ball in the cellar?

I'm a terrible pinball mechanic so thanks for the any help on direction.

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Please help.
Once in a while I've had problems with balls getting stuck in the cellar. In the past, I could go into the cellar coil test, fire the coil and the ball would shoot out and then the game would play normally again.
Now, anytime a ball goes into the cellar lock and should get shot back out the game does not seem to realize the ball is there. I can still eject the ball with the cellar coil test.
Is this a switch that's suppose to tell the game there is a ball in the cellar?
I'm a terrible pinball mechanic so thanks for the any help on direction.

Your opto may be misaligned. Check my posts in this thread for my issue and how I fixed it.

Basically, the opto tells the game if there’s a ball in the cellar. If the opto is misaligned, the game doesn’t know a ball is present. The ball search will clear it.

I drilled a slightly wider hole in the back subway and that fixed it. The stock opto hole is super small.

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Your opto may be misaligned. Check my posts in this thread for my issue and how I fixed it.
Basically, the opto tells the game if there’s a ball in the cellar. If the opto is misaligned, the game doesn’t know a ball is present. The ball search will clear it.
I drilled a slightly wider hole in the back subway and that fixed it. The stock opto hole is super small.

Does getting to the cellar opto require removing the house?

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

For the last week I am qualifying for extra balls and shooting the house to collect. They are not actually giving me the extra ball and the light is not showing once I collect. Has anyone else had this issue? It isn’t code update related as I didn’t have an issue last week and was already on the new code.

Sounds to me like you have extra balls turned off or awarding points instead. Have you changed any settings? At least check them.

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Does getting to the cellar opto require removing the house?

No. Pull the playfield out on the supports. Look behind the backboard. There’s a black plastic subway. The opto is attached to that.

Take the subway off. Do a switch test on the opto to see if it works. If there’s no trigger, take off the opto and do another switch test. If it works, your opto is misaligned.

If you’re comfortable, I recommend re-aligning and drilling a slightly wider hole.

Check my previous posts with pictures.

#6134 3 years ago

Gappa Angry has definitely got a bug with the sneaky lock in the trunk. Twice tonight I've started Gappa Angry. Got the sneak in after the first lock the first time. Got it after the second lock the second time. Both times the screen acknowledged the sneaky lock, then went into ball search mode. Eventually, kicks the ball out of the trunk, but after draining the mode ends without any multiball.

No problems as long as I don't sneak into the trunk.

#6135 3 years ago

I think it has to do with velocity on entry. I've had it lock but not eject a few times from front and once on sneak in. Never before latest update

#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Sounds to me like you have extra balls turned off or awarding points instead. Have you changed any settings? At least check them.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure how but extra ball limit setting got switched to “none” instead of the standard 5.

#6137 3 years ago

If there was one feature (or fix) I could wish for from Lyman, it would be to stop the countdown of modes when the ball is trying to eject out of the crypt. I couldn't begin to count the times I've had one shot left to go in a mode and it timed out because the crypt was taking 5 or more attempts to kick the ball out... Very frustrating.

#6138 3 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

If there was one feature (or fix) I could wish for from Lyman, it would be to stop the countdown of modes when the ball is trying to eject out of the crypt. I couldn't begin to count the times I've had one shot left to go in a mode and it timed out because the crypt was taking 5 or more attempts to kick the ball out... Very frustrating.

Sounds like you need to fix your VUK to me. Something is wrong if it takes multiple attempts.

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

It sounds like your machine does not know that there are pinballs in the garage. Have you tried going into switch test to see if the ball lock opto switches are working?
Go to diagnostics, enter switch test, glass off and coin door closed. Then feed a ball into the garage by hand. You should be able to hear and see the optos activate on the display, then the lock post solenoid will fire and ball will release automatically.

I tested everything. The garage lock post works. The optos work and the gate is fine. It seems that balls stay in the garage until three are inside. I think it is supposed to release the balls after they register and not hold them in the garage. When it holds balls in there, the optos only seem to register the first two. The third ball must be too far back from the opto to register or something but three balls are sitting in there and not coming out and it’s actually even worse than before I replaced the gate. Seems so weird especially if no one else is having this issue.

#6140 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I tested everything. The garage lock post works. The optos work and the gate is fine. It seems that balls stay in the garage until three are inside. I think it is supposed to release the balls after they register and not hold them in the garage. When it holds balls in there, the optos only seem to register the first two. The third ball must be too far back from the opto to register or something but three balls are sitting in there and not coming out and it’s actually even worse than before I replaced the gate. Seems so weird especially if no one else is having this issue.

I think you’re going to need to expose that area by removing the house and loading the assembly up with balls. It will probably be obvious once you have a clear line of sight. That tension spring on the gate is easy to get wrong. It should only be providing the slightest tension.

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

You stated that the optos only register the first two balls. The third Opto must also register. Otherwise the machine does not know that the third ball is there. I am thinking that it is likely a faulty or misaligned opto set for the third ball.
You may have to disassemble as the previous poster has stated. Could be something as simple as a loose Opto.

For your reference, as per the manual:
Switch 39 is garage lock Opto 1
Switch 40 is garage lock Opto 2
Switch 41 is garage lock Opto 3

#6142 3 years ago

If Lyman is reading...the code on EHOH is fantastic! BUT....we need a better light show when you hit Gappa six ball. NO insert light show?!?! Would be really cool to have the inserts flash out from the center outwards like 10x while the flippers are going wild...and have the backbox lighting flash like a strobe light.

#6143 3 years ago

Anyone looking to sell or trade their Elvira? Thanks!

#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

You stated that the optos only register the first two balls. The third Opto must also register. Otherwise the machine does not know that the third ball is there. I am thinking that it is likely a faulty or misaligned opto set for the third ball.
You may have to disassemble as the previous poster has stated. Could be something as simple as a loose Opto.
For your reference, as per the manual:
Switch 39 is garage lock Opto 1
Switch 40 is garage lock Opto 2
Switch 41 is garage lock Opto 3

I’d actually check the plugs under the playfield.

#6145 3 years ago

Anyone have a premium for sale in Missouri area?

#6146 3 years ago

Seems the word is out on this being a fantastic game. Hopefully everyone gets them.

#6147 3 years ago

Can somebody tell me how to get to the left orbit opto sensor? I dont even really see it but according to the manual it looks like there should be one by the rollover.

My left orbit doesn't register maybe 15% of the time, is that likely just a dirty opto? Thanks.

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hello,

[quoted image]

There is an error 404 trying to download.

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

There is an error 404 trying to download.

You have to download the files individually. Download All does not work.

Just below the pictures, click on the "8 Thing Files" box.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4676669/files

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

You have to download the files individually. Download All does not work.
Just below the pictures, click on the "8 Thing Files" box.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4676669/files

Yes, I know that, I tried to fix it, but it does not work.
I googled it and it seems that I'm not the only one who has problems with it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,222 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/123?hl=broman90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.