• Also own Elvira and the Party Monsters 23 votes
    7%
  • Also own Scared Stiff 78 votes
    23%
  • I own all three now! 40 votes
    12%

(333 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,250 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CC7FA795-F949-47ED-A1C1-A9457CA95C36 (resized).png
8CDF2748-B59E-403C-807D-200BEA0FD60D (resized).png
7DAA012E-E7E8-451F-A07E-F78A46E3CC71 (resized).png
E7F3F8C2-ACC7-4601-9A31-038E70D7CFBD (resized).png
8623BD7F-3FE1-4507-9601-23C602811060 (resized).jpeg
20210121_173752 (resized).jpg
20210121_173742 (resized).jpg
20210121_173800 (resized).jpg
20210121_173747 (resized).jpg
20210121_173805 (resized).jpg
d07b4c53732a5b91d8e6dc62e2d194057b74b043 (resized).jpg
BA49C870-C206-443F-9C9C-7EE4767D0817 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0CE1F5F5-C481-4139-9A25-94FF9B8DA853 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-192852_Video Player (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6598 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 132.
#6001 52 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I did have one other person (out of over 200) suggest an issue, then never heard back (no mention of hitting the mouth though). Otherwise, all has been positive.
Welcome to send me some photos to see if the issue can be identified.

I could never sort the issue out that I was having with the gargoyle head and removed the mod. It was not firing properly across the playfield when exiting the VUK.

#6002 52 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I could never sort the issue out that I was having with the gargoyle head and removed the mod. It was not firing properly across the playfield when exiting the VUK.

Yes, you're the one I was referring to. Welcome to send it back for a refund and I'd pay your shipping cost (or if preferred, I could send a replacement if an anomaly can be identified).

#6003 52 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thank you!
It's been crazy to see the support these have received this year, and it's all been very appreciated. Far beyond any expectation I could have had.
While I don't expect to win the TWIPY, getting nominated to be in the running for mod of the year would still mean a lot.
TWIPY has just opened pre-voting, and I'd be grateful to anyone that believes these mods are worthy of that title and take the time to vote for them (I personally wrote in "Medisinyl Mods - Elvira casket/gargoyle set"): https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2020-pre-voting/
Thanks again to everyone for the support!
------

There's still a waitlist on the mods, but you're welcome to send me a PM if you'd like to be added.
Mod thread here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

Mine show up today, cant wait. I voted for you, hope all others do as well. Thanks for making these!!

#6004 52 days ago

What's this all about?

rps20201201_120805 (resized).jpg
#6005 52 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

What's this all about?[quoted image]

Hope you don’t have to buy the $1000 topper for it!

#6006 52 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

Cool!

Already a cool mode, I wonder what Lyman has up his sleeves?

#6007 52 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hope you don’t have to buy the $1000 topper for it!

Too late, I already did. Glad too

#6008 52 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That wasn’t bad at all considering you got all those mods. What are the medisynl mods?
I just put down my $1000 deposit for the next run of Elvira’s. Wife said she wants it.

Is the deposit refundable if they dont deliver?

I dont know that I would want to be on the hook for 1K since distribs have no idea how many they will get. Last few runs if they ordered 10 they got 3 etc.

Stern cant keep up with orders so people "taking non refundable deposits" is not cool IMO... should be refundable if they dont deliver by a certain date otherwise they can hold your money all year if they want.

#6009 52 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

The way Robert did it, if you mess up soldering on the insert LED board, you could damage the board.
When I thought about doing this to my game, I decided to make a harness. The only soldering that needs to be done is the RGB board that replaces the flasher on the playfield.

I've always wanted to do something like this as I can *never* see whether that right loop arrow is lit and always have to lean over to check.

Did you replace the dome with a clear one?

Where did you end up sourcing the RGB LED board and harness from?

Something like this?
https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-pcb-led-replacement-board.html

#6010 52 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

Not sure what I've missed but just got the movie mode and completed it successfully. This is likely the first time completing it though so not sure what I was looking or listening for. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

I believe that the movies are fixed to a given room but are they just random within the room? I kept getting the satanic rituals movie for the hidden room and then finally one game I got this one.

#6011 52 days ago

For those like me with an Elvira on order... confirmed today from my distro that Stern reported to them that Elvira will not be on the line again until spring 2021 at the earliest. Originally it was November 2020...oh well. Same goes for next Batman run if anyone has one of those ordered.

#6012 52 days ago

How do you start the Santa Clause Conquers the Martians mode? I've had it happen randomly while playing, but no idea what I did to start it.

Thx in advance everyone, and Happy Holidays! ....

#6013 52 days ago
Quoted from lasermel:

How do you start the Santa Clause Conquers the Martians mode? I've had it happen randomly while playing, but no idea what I did to start it.

You need to collect the skeleton key from the trunk. Then you can select the secret room (window on far right of house) before you hit the house to start it. It will randomly choose from 3 movies, Santa Clause Conquers The Martians, The Satantic Rites of Dracula, or The Giant Gila Monster.

#6014 52 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

You need to collect the skeleton key from the trunk. Then you can select the secret room (window on far left of house) before you hit the house to start it. It will randomly choose from 3 movies, Santa Clause Conquers The Martians, The Satantic Rites of Dracula, or The Giant Gila Monster.

Thank you! Off to the game room......

#6015 52 days ago
Quoted from TommyGavin:

For those like me with an Elvira on order... confirmed today from my distro that Stern reported to them that Elvira will not be on the line again until spring 2021 at the earliest. Originally it was November 2020...oh well. Same goes for next Batman run if anyone has one of those ordered.

Not sure where you heard November. It’s been April 2021 for the last 3-4 months. I presume 100 units (maybe more if backordered) but they keep numbers close to the vest.

#6016 52 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure where you heard November. It’s been April 2021 for the last 3-4 months. I presume 100 units (maybe more if backordered) but they keep numbers close to the vest.

They had more in November... issue was they didnt deliver on what was ordered and shorted everyone.

Lots of the people who had one "on order" didnt get one.

If a distrib had 5 on order they only got 2 or 3.

#6017 52 days ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Quoted from docquest:

You need to collect the skeleton key from the trunk. Then you can select the secret room (window on far left of house) before you hit the house to start it. It will randomly choose from 3 movies, Santa Clause Conquers The Martians, The Satantic Rites of Dracula, or The Giant Gila Monster.

Technically it's the far right of the house

I got santa tonight (took me 5 tries as I got gila monster 1x and drac 3x before it from that window) but I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. I did pretty shitty at the mode though.

#6018 52 days ago

OK, just cheated like hell by pulling glass and rolling the balls to do all the right stuff to hear/see whatever surprise is supposed to happen today. I've played the mode a few times and really like the music, but didn't notice anything in "cheat mode" that was unusual to me. One cool thing is that I learned a couple new rules that I didn't know before , but I'd really like to know what to look for in the Holiday Surprise code with Santa. Anyone?

#6019 52 days ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Technically it's the far right of the house

Fixed my original post, thanks!

I'm still trying to get it but I keep getting Drac or Gila monster.

#6020 52 days ago

I was browsing the adjustments to make sure I had the right date and time for the Santa stuff and noticed some interesting settings I never noticed before.

For those hoping for more haunts, there are adjustment for some more movies we haven't seen in the game yet. Doesnt guarantee they will be added but maybe?

The movies were shown in the adjustments by their abbreviations:

TKS = The Killer Shrews
AOTGL = Attack of The Giant Leeches
ABOB = A Bucket of Blood
TEW = The Wasp Woman
EEGAH = EEGAH!

Would love to see EEGAH make it into the game someday.

#6021 52 days ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Is the deposit refundable if they dont deliver?
I dont know that I would want to be on the hook for 1K since distribs have no idea how many they will get. Last few runs if they ordered 10 they got 3 etc.
Stern cant keep up with orders so people "taking non refundable deposits" is not cool IMO... should be refundable if they dont deliver by a certain date otherwise they can hold your money all year if they want.

I paid with PayPal. So I have 6 months to file a claim. I am not worried. But maybe a little. Paid deposit to Orange County Pinball and he was allotted 5 and I got his last one.

#6022 52 days ago

Elviras actin up tonight. I turned and have speaker lights but nothing else. Swapped fuse with bksor, not it. VAand UNB lights aren't on, r5 not blinking,status light not on, no back glass lights on. Removed sd card, not that. Any ideas?

#6023 52 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Elviras actin up tonight. I turned and have speaker lights but nothing else. Swapped fuse with bksor, not it. VAand UNB lights aren't on, r5 not blinking,status light not on, no back glass lights on. Removed sd card, not that. Any ideas?

With the game off, reseat the SD card on the main board. If that doesn't work, take the SD card out and reload it with a fresh SD card image downloaded from the Stern website.

The same happened to my game a few weeks ago.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Rob

#6024 52 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm too lazy to ever set the clocks on my pinball games. I have been meaning too, but will do it now. Just vukking do it I tell myself!

Rob

#6025 52 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was browsing the adjustments to make sure I had the right date and time for the Santa stuff and noticed some interesting settings I never noticed before.
For those hoping for more haunts, there are adjustment for some more movies we haven't seen in the game yet. Doesnt guarantee they will be added but maybe?
The movies were shown in the adjustments by their abbreviations:
TKS = The Killer Shrews
AOTGL = Attack of The Giant Leeches
ABOB = A Bucket of Blood
TEW = The Wasp Woman
EEGAH = EEGAH!
Would love to see EEGAH make it into the game someday.

Holy crap! Those movies are all referenced - by name - on the Stern-produced side blades. Eegah and Wasp Woman (And the leeches?) are on the backglass. Kind of would be silly to leave them out. What a masterpiece this game is.

#6026 52 days ago

I played for about an hour and got Satanic rights twice - no Santa....

Does anyone think Wild Women super jackpots should earn more? I was only getting 800,000 per super jackpot and lighting those is certainly a challenge. Unless there's something which affects the scoring (besides playfield X) which I can't think of right now.

Rob

#6027 51 days ago

Medisinyl Sorry I thought I posted about the VUK issue I mentioned in your thread. I was the first one with a issue. In my case the ball ejected high. I have played about 50 games since I reported the problem. The problem remained for 10 to 15 games and gradually the ball lowered it eject path to where it hits one of the three targets about 75% of the time. The other 25% goes sometime above and sometimes below the 3 target. Not sure what is correct for this VUK but I'm happy with those results. Possibly my coil strength was high and self corrected. I have never made any changes to the game other then LED brightness. I have done 2 updates so far. I need to do the most current update. Once again I am sorry I forgot to update you. Great Mod. One of my favorites. I highly recommend it to all EHOH owners.

#6028 51 days ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I've always wanted to do something like this as I can *never* see whether that right loop arrow is lit and always have to lean over to check.
Something like this?

Man I wish I looked there first,yes that is the board you need and a clear plastic dome ,I love the idea of a proper harness instead of soldering to the board,someone should make this as a kit,I think it would sell!

#6029 51 days ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Something like this?

Yes and yes.

#6030 51 days ago

My latest mod:

IMG_2584 (resized).jpeg
#6031 51 days ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Medisinyl Sorry I thought I posted about the VUK issue I mentioned in your thread. I was the first one with a issue. In my case the ball ejected high. I have played about 50 games since I reported the problem. The problem remained for 10 to 15 games and gradually the ball lowered it eject path to where it hits one of the three targets about 75% of the time. The other 25% goes sometime above and sometimes below the 3 target. Not sure what is correct for this VUK but I'm happy with those results. Possibly my coil strength was high and self corrected. I have never made any changes to the game other then LED brightness. I have done 2 updates so far. I need to do the most current update. Once again I am sorry I forgot to update you. Great Mod. One of my favorites. I highly recommend it to all EHOH owners.

Of course issues with VUK trajectory have plagued Elvira without my mod installed at all (not sure if this was fixed on later games), so unless it's hitting the mod somehow, it shouldn't have an affect (if it is hitting, then of course I'd like to know about it, but that didn't appear to be a possibility with the game I designed off of, so knowing of any unusual differences would help).

#6032 51 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I paid with PayPal. So I have 6 months to file a claim. I am not worried. But maybe a little. Paid deposit to Orange County Pinball and he was allotted 5 and I got his last one.

yah I would maybe ask him... in the last round if he was allotted 5 he would have probably received 1 or 2.

Thats why they are so in demand now with people paying NIB prices for used games.

#6033 51 days ago

where do you set date and time?

#6034 51 days ago

Pulsing jiggly ‘brain that wouldn’t die’ flasher cover and house clutching Gappa the Triphibian Monster mods

http://www.youtube.com/shorts/xaaX99HBo-I

#6035 51 days ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

where do you set date and time?

Ehh, in the menu....under utitl -> Time

#6036 51 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

With the game off, reseat the SD card on the main board. If that doesn't work, take the SD card out and reload it with a fresh SD card image downloaded from the Stern website.
Rob

Can I put sd card from bjsor in yo see if its card or something else? Mechanically I can fix most anything, im lost on computers. Old guy ya know

#6037 51 days ago

Anyone figure out what the special holiday code is yet? I’m guessing it’s a midnight madness thing since we have to set the date / time?

#6038 51 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone figure out what the special holiday code is yet? I’m guessing it’s a midnight madness thing since we have to set the date / time?

I got to the Santa mode once last night and I think it was unchanged, but I drained within 30 seconds and I wonder if you have to complete it to see what they added. I have only had the game for a week and have only seen the Santa haunt a couple other times so I will try again today and see if I can complete it. Curious if others have found a change.

#6039 51 days ago

I just completed Santa Claus mode. If there's an Easter egg in there it was too subtle for me to pick up. Maybe it was Santa yelling Merry Christmas when I completed the mode? Not sure if I've seen that particular clip at the end before?

#6040 51 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Of course issues with VUK trajectory have plagued Elvira without my mod installed at all (not sure if this was fixed on later games), so unless it's hitting the mod somehow, it shouldn't have an affect (if it is hitting, then of course I'd like to know about it, but that didn't appear to be a possibility with the game I designed off of, so knowing of any unusual differences would help).

If he's got access to a recent smartphone, you can take a slow-motion video and see exactly where it's hitting.

#6041 51 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can I put sd card from bjsor in yo see if its card or something else? Mechanically I can fix most anything, im lost on computers. Old guy ya know

If you want to do that, I'd buy a new card at Best Buy / Target / Walmart and install the game code to that. NO sense risking screwing up your BK

#6042 51 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Thx again. New card, all is well!!

#6043 51 days ago

If anyone’s having problems with their vuk shooting straight: pull the plunger and grind the tip to be concave enough so that the ball sits directly in the center. ( use round Dremel sanding bit ) The ball ejects in a random direction because it is never sitting on the same exact spot on the plunger. This fixes it perfectly.

27598C32-470F-47C4-9DB2-9FE0C1B8C9D5 (resized).jpeg
#6044 51 days ago

The Comet channel is showing Santa Claus conquers the martins Saturday at 11 pm Central. Set the DVR

#6045 51 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If anyone’s having problems with their vuk shooting straight: pull the plunger and grind the tip to be concave enough so that the ball sits directly in the center. ( use round Dremel sanding bit ) The ball ejects in a random direction because it is never sitting on the same exact spot on the plunger. This fixes it perfectly.
[quoted image]

Got a link to those bits?

#6046 51 days ago

Anyone know where this spring goes to?

5BC75750-C148-4F35-A6C7-0A8C6D754712 (resized).jpeg
#6047 51 days ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Anyone know where this spring goes to?
[quoted image]

There's a few pictures of that assembly on page 83 of this thread. Hope it helps.

#6048 51 days ago

I am looking at it but don’t see what the spring connects to.

#6049 51 days ago

And how you would get to whatever it connects to

#6050 51 days ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

And how you would get to whatever it connects to

It hooks to that flat metal bar coming down. As for getting to it I'm not sure. Hemostats maybe?

PXL_20201202_222629495 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6598 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 132.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside