IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 362.
#5951 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

GAPPA! The Triphibian Monster shown here visibly displeased.
[quoted image]

This Gappa figure is looking gorgeous. Fits perfect.
Where did you get it?

#5952 3 years ago

Thanks! It’s a Japanese Nitto Daikaiju Gappa figure...pretty hard to find. I got lucky on eBay after looking for an affordable one.

Quoted from Slapfighter:

This Gappa figure is looking gorgeous. Fits perfect.
Where did you get it?

#5953 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not having a problem with that...he’s suspended a bit so I can see under his feet.

Looks great!

#5954 3 years ago

Anyone try those eyeball balls at modmypin.com?
They might look cool in Elvira.

https://shop.modmypin.com/glo-balls-eyeballs-set-of-4-p19.php

#5955 3 years ago

Has anyone achieved the super hand of fate (manos wheel?)? I have a lot of games where I don't even collect one piece of the regular wheel and I think the best I have done is 4 pieces. Unless you're draining left during multiball, it seems like this is something that is extremely difficult to get.

Thoughts?

The Tilt rulesest is quite out of date.

Rob

#5956 3 years ago

Yes, and I’ve completed the super hand wheel as well...there is a third wheel after that! The key is to get it lit while in multiball and intentionally let balls drain while the ball save is running.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone achieved the super hand of fate (manos wheel?)? I have a lot of games where I don't even collect one piece of the regular wheel and I think the best I have done is 4 pieces. Unless you're draining left during multiball, it seems like this is something that is extremely difficult to get.
Thoughts?
Rob

#5957 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Thoughts?
Rob

The only time I was able to get the Super Hand of Fate wheel, I had the Hand of Fate carry over turned on. Haven't gotten it since with it off. Was able to clear the second Hand of Fate wheel, too.

#5958 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The key is to get it lit while in multiball

The VUK ball save helps too...if your VUK has a tendency to lob balls down the outlane!

#5959 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

The VUK ball save helps too...if your VUK has a tendency to lob balls down the outlane!

That's vukked up!

Rob

#5960 3 years ago

Harnessed the power of the GAPPA mod for a new high. 2x GAPPA six ball / House Party / They Came from Space / 2x Directors cut (one completed) Killed Creepo / Super head shot / Phone a Fiend / All Garage multis / Completed Hand of fate and Super Hand of fate wheels / Defeated all Deadheads / Flipped the House...Phew! About 1hr game. 3 balls. Normal tilt. Factory setting.

17A92C36-B64B-44CB-B681-4BF59D484121 (resized).jpeg17A92C36-B64B-44CB-B681-4BF59D484121 (resized).jpeg
#5961 3 years ago

I'm having bad games lately, what's yr strategy in getting to gappa?

#5962 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

During multiball, focus on the spinner shot to the pops. That will rack up the Freak Fryer meter pretty quickly.

#5963 3 years ago

Getting TO Gappa mode I don’t think about much. It’s based on switch hits so I just try to send balls into the pops (via The market value shot) during garage multiballs to build up the freak fryer (and to clear the playfield so I can make shots without interference from other balls. When I get to the Gappa mode I slow down my play to half speed. I trap every time the ball comes back to me and and very consciously pick off the shots (same thing goes for Directors Cut and not so much for They came from Space...that one I just bash till I save Elvira basically. My second Gappa session in this game score 818M alone...nuts!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

#5964 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

During multiball, focus on the spinner shot to the pops. That will rack up the Freak Fryer meter pretty quickly.

You can also let balls keep draining during multiball while the ball save is still active. New balls will launch into the pops. That's kind of cheesy though.

Rob

Added over 3 years ago:

edit: if the balls launched all the way around to the left orbit during multiball, that would be a good fix.

#5965 3 years ago

I do ok when I get there, just can't seem to lately.

#5966 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I do ok when I get there, just can't seem to lately.

I love playing out the modes as far as I can. But, by doing so I don't always make it too deep into the game. Up to Gappa yes, but I have not completed the house yet. I will focus on trying that soon.

Rob

#5967 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm the wiring on the left pop bumper coil? With the field up this is the lower left one. If someone can just post a picture of the 3 pops so I can see which wire goes where I would appreciate it.

#5968 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Could Anyone help me troubleshoot this optic board? This is the result I get once power is applied.
Is indicative of a bad board?[quoted image]

Been a while since you posted this but yes bad opto board.

#5969 3 years ago
PXL_20201125_210116665 (resized).jpgPXL_20201125_210116665 (resized).jpg
#5970 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

[quoted image]

Thanks. Just wanted to make damn sure I put the new coil in right and since mine came with a bad coil I was not sure if they wired it wrong or if they just installed a dead coil.

#5971 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Many were having this issue, myself included. Its a super easy fix fortunately!
Around 3:10 of this video he very well explains the fix. I believe ive seen him in this thread, he has some super helpful videos for noobs (like myself) and veterans alike.

Does anyone know what happened to this video?

#5972 3 years ago

Has anyone had this issue where the HAUNTS/MODES will start on their own, just by the ball being behind the house + near pops? Haunts seem to start on their own whenever a ball gets around that area (although not all the time, but enough that it's annoying). I also noticed that I'm getting a 2nd ball during GAPPA ANGRY but it doesn't seem like that's part of the game either? (unless Stern added a 2nd ball in the latest code update?)

I thought it was a problem with the house but it appears to be an issue with something BEHIND the house, as I started to hear "klankety-klank" noises when the game was in ATTRACT MODE. I made a couple of videos below. Can anyone advise on what they think it might be? (I'm not a techie but I can pass the information to the service dude who will come to repair it). Thanks!

#5973 3 years ago

Sounds like you’re having some opto probs in trough or house ramp. Run switch test and see if any of them are going off. If they are swab them with a qtip and alcohol if that doesn’t help you may need to replace.

Edit...I watched vids. Is that the garage standup target going up and down? The diverted and ramp behind the house won’t make that noise.

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Has anyone had this issue where the HAUNTS/MODES will start on their own, just by the ball being behind the house + near pops? Haunts seem to start on their own whenever a ball gets around that area (although not all the time, but enough that it's annoying). I also noticed that I'm getting a 2nd ball during GAPPA ANGRY but it doesn't seem like that's part of the game either? (unless Stern added a 2nd ball in the latest code update?)
I thought it was a problem with the house but it appears to be an issue with something BEHIND the house, as I started to hear "klankety-klank" noises when the game was in ATTRACT MODE. I made a couple of videos below. Can anyone advise on what they think it might be? (I'm not a techie but I can pass the information to the service dude who will come to repair it). Thanks!

#5974 3 years ago

Excited to say I joined the club today! This was such a hard pin to find locally. Can’t wait to get into this game.

180E3A31-5F73-4653-9508-8EB73F40F842 (resized).jpeg180E3A31-5F73-4653-9508-8EB73F40F842 (resized).jpeg
#5975 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

Excited to say I joined the club today! This was such a hard pin to find locally. Can’t wait to get into this game.
[quoted image]

Nice line up, very similar to mine. I have DPLE, EHOH, R&M and IM. I may sell IM and replace it with Avengers.

#5976 3 years ago

I was thinking it would be great if there was a way to have the Santa Vs Martians as one of the main 6 haunts for December. Having a festive Christmas haunt that's easily started would just be, well, more Festive(and lets be honest..this year could use all the help it could get to be more cheerful)

That led me thinking it would be stellar if you could configure which haunts are "Secret Haunts" and which are assigned a window in general would be absolutely fantastic, would love to make gila monster a regular swap for Manster for example.

As well I was thinking with the HouseParty table insert now lighting up to signify next house activation triggers it..Perhaps it would be better to have the Central Window light up for the Final Haunt "THEY CAME FROM SPACE" instead since that one doesn't seem to have a window light for it.

#5977 3 years ago

Just finished watching Teenagers from Outer Space.
Not bad actually. Sure, there were a lot of eye rolling and cheap segments. But I rather like how the death ray worked(yes, I know its disintergrator ray or something like that).
It did lag near the end. And lots of "stiff"... Acting...
still its nowhere near the worst film I have ever seen.

The Manster and The Wasp Woman are two of the next ones I queued up on prime. Still got a long way to go till I work my way through all of them.

#5978 3 years ago

Manster is actually not to bad. I was never an Elvira fan(not available in my areao but 'am trying to catch up. On Amazon Prime they have most of the movies. Besides the Elvira pin stuff try "13 Nights of Elvira" - "Cannibal Women in the Avacado Jungle of Death" and "Evil Bong" are decent. Anybody know what movie plays during "Wild women multiball"?

#5979 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Anybody know what movie plays during "Wild women multiball"?

That would be "Wild Women of Wongo", filmed in "Passionate Pathecolor". You can watch it for free on youtube. In addition to Elvira having it on Movie Macabre, the MST3K crew riffed on it as well.

Wild-Women-Of-Wongo-lobby-card-1 (resized).jpgWild-Women-Of-Wongo-lobby-card-1 (resized).jpg

#5980 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nice line up, very similar to mine. I have DPLE, EHOH, R&M and IM. I may sell IM and replace it with Avengers.

So is Elvira everything you thought it would be? I assume you got it by now.

Rob

#5981 3 years ago

Anyone know if there any premiums In stock anywhere? Trying to find one for Christmas

#5982 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone know if there any premiums In stock anywhere? Trying to find one for Christmas

I think you will have to buy used if you want one soon. To my knowledge every distributor just has a list of people lined up for the next run and they are being told springtime. I called 2 distributors and they only had 1-2 spots left on pre-orders for that next run.

I stalked local Craigslist ads as I wanted to see and play before I bought used. It took 2 months of consistent looking but found one this last week.

#5983 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Just finished watching Teenagers from Outer Space.
Not bad actually. Sure, there were a lot of eye rolling and cheap segments. But I rather like how the death ray worked(yes, I know its disintergrator ray or something like that).
It did lag near the end. And lots of "stiff"... Acting...
still its nowhere near the worst film I have ever seen.
The Manster and The Wasp Woman are two of the next ones I queued up on prime. Still got a long way to go till I work my way through all of them.

The Wasp Woman isn't too bad, although it's hard to watch knowing what happened to Cabot.

#5984 3 years ago

I think you will have to buy used if you want one soon. To my knowledge every distributor just has a list of people lined up for the next run and they are being told springtime. I called 2 distributors and they only had 1-2 spots left on pre-orders for that next run.
I stalked local Craigslist ads as I wanted to see and play before I bought used. It took 2 months of consistent looking but found one this last week.

That’s what I figured. How much did you get it for?

#5985 3 years ago

Is the wasp woman even in the game? Besides on the backglass? Would be great if that were a future haunt.

Quoted from Methos:

The Wasp Woman isn't too bad, although it's hard to watch knowing what happened to Cabot.

#5986 3 years ago

I had the chance to buy one but guy wanted NIB price for a used game with 500 plays... thats pretty much whats going on for now.

Id just wait it out unless you want to overpay for a used game.

They are making more and it will be in production for a while due to demand.

#5987 3 years ago

Essentially paid NIB price and didn't feel great about it, but it was low plays and no wear anywhere. I don't feel too bad about the price as it had about $700 in mods including shaker, pin armor, art blades and the medisynl mods which are a must for this game.

It is safe to say that if any owner in this group was wanting to sell, there is a ton of demand!

#5988 3 years ago

Essentially paid NIB price and didn't feel great about it, but it was low plays and no wear anywhere. I don't feel too bad about the price as it had about $700 in mods including shaker, pin armor, art blades and the medisynl mods which are a must for this game.
It is safe to say that if any owner in this group was wanting to sell, there is a ton of demand!

If it's basically in NIB condition, you've saved yourself the risk of having a messed up game, and (hopefully) the previous owner dialed it in for you!

#5989 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Cinematic titanic did wasp woman. For those that don't know it was joel's new venture after mst3k. I recommend watching it that way.

#5990 3 years ago

That wasn’t bad at all considering you got all those mods. What are the medisynl mods?

I just put down my $1000 deposit for the next run of Elvira’s. Wife said she wants it.

Also bought a Stranger Things pro demo with 1900 plays for $5395 shipped from Game Exchange of Colorado with full warranty. Ordered the UV kit, shaker, art blades, ramp decal, speaker lights, and shooter lane protector from cointaker and pinball life. Also wife wanted it

9485379F-E79F-4D67-861C-20888ABEC10C (resized).png9485379F-E79F-4D67-861C-20888ABEC10C (resized).png
#5991 3 years ago

That wasn’t bad at all considering you got all those mods. What are the medisynl mods?
I just put down my $1000 deposit for the next run of Elvira’s. Wife said she wants it.
Also bought a Stranger Things pro demo with 1900 plays for $5395 shipped from Game Exchange of Colorado with full warranty. Ordered the UV kit, shaker, art blades, ramp decal, speaker lights, and shooter lane protector from cointaker and pinball life. Also wife wanted it
[quoted image]

Medisynl Mods installed by Zach

#5992 3 years ago

[quoted image]

You can find more info on this Pinside Post by Medisinyl: Elvira 3, Interactive Casket, Gargoyle VUK cover+++ [[Medisinyl Mods]]

#5993 3 years ago

Absolute must! These are great mods.

#5994 3 years ago

Speaking of mods,the tri color right lane arrow mod done by Robertstone is fantastic just kind a pain to source a tri color led board,easy of you can do basic soldiering,now I can see that arrow is lit when I need to shoot it!

CFE42ED7-C02F-44E4-B830-C0A9A6EA7511 (resized).jpegCFE42ED7-C02F-44E4-B830-C0A9A6EA7511 (resized).jpeg
#5995 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Speaking of mods,the tri color right lane arrow mod done by Robertstone is fantastic just kind a pain to source a tri color led board,easy of you can do basic soldiering,now I can see that arrow is lit when I need to shoot it!
[quoted image]

I must have missed this. Does he offer this as a mod, or was it a one-off?

#5996 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Medisynl Mods installed by Zach

Quoted from Dexter:

Absolute must! These are great mods.

Thank you!

It's been crazy to see the support these have received this year, and it's all been very appreciated. Far beyond any expectation I could have had.

While I don't expect to win the TWIPY, getting nominated to be in the running for mod of the year would still mean a lot.

TWIPY has just opened pre-voting, and I'd be grateful to anyone that believes these mods are worthy of that title and take the time to vote for them (I personally wrote in "Medisinyl Mods - Elvira casket/gargoyle set"): https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2020-pre-voting/

Thanks again to everyone for the support!

------

[quoted image]

There's still a waitlist on the mods, but you're welcome to send me a PM if you'd like to be added.

Mod thread here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

#5997 3 years ago

has anyone run in to the gargoyle mod causing eject issues? i just put mine on yesterday, and the ball's hitting the upper mouth, causing it to drop mid-playfield

#5998 3 years ago

There's still a waitlist on the mods, but you're welcome to send me a PM if you'd like to be added.
Mod thread here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

PM sent. Add me to the waitlist please. Mods look amazing!

#5999 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

has anyone run in to the gargoyle mod causing eject issues? i just put mine on yesterday, and the ball's hitting the upper mouth, causing it to drop mid-playfield

I did have one other person (out of over 200 shipped) suggest an issue, then never heard back (no mention of hitting the mouth though). Otherwise, all has been positive.

Welcome to send me some photos to see if the issue can be identified.

#6000 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

The way Robert did it, if you mess up soldering on the insert LED board, you could damage the board.

When I thought about doing this to my game, I decided to make a harness. The only soldering that needs to be done is the RGB board that replaces the flasher on the playfield.D53D76D9-7068-4D62-AC97-504B87A03B24 (resized).jpegD53D76D9-7068-4D62-AC97-504B87A03B24 (resized).jpeg
7FF25B87-49DD-42BD-B3A3-995008709FB0 (resized).jpeg7FF25B87-49DD-42BD-B3A3-995008709FB0 (resized).jpegCE38F4A0-6779-4EAA-A445-8BA5D0FA1255 (resized).jpegCE38F4A0-6779-4EAA-A445-8BA5D0FA1255 (resized).jpegED6DC9F5-887E-4CF4-9EC1-31B26BF840EF (resized).jpegED6DC9F5-887E-4CF4-9EC1-31B26BF840EF (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.