20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 360.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Isn't the serial number digitally embedded (not sure the proper terminology here) into the hardware, somehow? All my Sterns display the serial # when I turn them on. A thief can't change THAT, can they?

I believe this can be easily changed. The older Sterns (whitestar and Data East) do not display the serial number on start up

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I still don’t get it or understand what “this actually happened” means. In your example the machine is still stolen and the number on the sticker is irrelevant. The thief doesn’t have to find a real serial number to put on a label; they can just make one up. And the original serial number can be verified by the mfg or distributor.
Certainly don’t have to post your serial number if you don’t want to but either there is much more to this story or you are, as the other poster said, a bit paranoid.

Like many people on pinside have said before. There are many experts on Pinside that know everything about everything.

#503 4 years ago

Cant say how beautiful Elvira LE looks in person I'm still setting up. Thanks to classic gameroom great guys great service was lucky enough to get one of the last Elviras LE #105
20191101_143134 (resized).jpg20191101_143134 (resized).jpg20191101_174730 (resized).jpg20191101_174730 (resized).jpg

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:Like many people on pinside have said before. There are many experts on Pinside that know everything about everything.

Says the apparent expert in how thieves can use serial number information to steal games.

If this issue really bothers you as much as it seems to, please start a dedicated thread to discuss it.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Says the apparent expert in how thieves can use serial number information to steal games.
If this issue really bothers you as much as it seems to, please start a dedicated thread to discuss it.

Every picture of every NIB Stern game on Pinside shows the serial number of the games. Just look at the picture above your post. These number were all shown in pictures here.
Game #105 SS#297432
Game #350 SS#297677
Game #229 SS#297556
Game #190 SS#297517
Game #318 SS#297645
Game #103 SS#297430
Game #104 SS#297431
Game #158 SS#297485
Game #17 SS#297344
Game #166 SS#297493
Game #110 SS#297437
Game #11 SS#297338

#506 4 years ago

You might be responding to the wrong guy.

A thief is not going to benefit from knowing a game’s serial number or using another number (real or fake) on a machine he stole. The whole idea that posting any serial number on Pinside is dangerous or helps thieves is absurd and it seems to stem from the misunderstanding of an Australian police officer that wasn’t interested in doing his job.

#507 4 years ago

Well any help will help somce it's the weekend. I just powered up elvira and I got a tech message it said mode board 1 & 8 & 9 not responding any experts out there that might know what's going on? I try resetting any switches on the boards but didnt see anything loose. Come on stern I though this was QC before eit ships..

#508 4 years ago

Well any help will help since it's the weekend and I wont no help from stern. I just powered up elvira and I got a tech message it said mode board 1 & 8 & 9 not responding any experts out there that might know what's going on? I try resetting any switches on the boards but didnt see anything loose. Come on stern I though this was QC before eit ships.
Also it put 2 balls in the shooter lane at every start of a new ball ..
20191101_203507 (resized).jpg20191101_203507 (resized).jpg

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Well any help will help somce it's the weekend. I just powered up elvira and I got a tech message it said mode board 1 & 8 & 9 not responding any experts out there that might know what's going on? I try resetting any switches on the boards but didnt see anything loose. Come on stern I though this was QC before eit ships..

Turn game off. Shut coin door. Keep coin door shut. Power game on. Fixed.
You will get the message because you powered game on with coin door open. Been posted several times in this thread.

#510 4 years ago

I did try that but it's not working I'll have to check if the switch on coin door works properly to send signal to boards showing its closed/shut

Quoted from arcademojo:

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I did try that but it's not working I'll have to check if the switch on coin door works properly to send signal to boards showing its closed/shut

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/4#post-5258383
Hmm, Yeah I would check the switch.
And the same for the 2 balls shooting out you might have a switch out of alignment.
On the game I sat up out of the box. There were 3 switches out of wack. Simple alignment fixed it right up.

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Well any help will help since it's the weekend and I wont no help from stern. I just powered up elvira and I got a tech message it said mode board 1 & 8 & 9 not responding any experts out there that might know what's going on? I try resetting any switches on the boards but didnt see anything loose. Come on stern I though this was QC before eit ships.
Also it put 2 balls in the shooter lane at every start of a new ball ..
[quoted image]

The new code fixed this.

#513 4 years ago

Optics ? Or switches. I adjusted 2 out of box, quite loose. Is think there is a third relating to the unhappy hour mode (ramps) in the house the third ramp? The scoring goes off on a tangent during play because something is off.

Quoted from arcademojo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/4#post-5258383
Hmm, Yeah I would check the switch.
And the same for the 2 balls shooting out you might have a switch out of alignment.
On the game I sat up out of the box. There were 3 switches out of wack. Simple alignment fixed it right up.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Every picture of every NIB Stern game on Pinside shows the serial number of the games. Just look at the picture above your post. These number were all shown in pictures here.
Game #105 SS#297432
Game #350 SS#297677
Game #229 SS#297556
Game #190 SS#297517
Game #318 SS#297645
Game #103 SS#297430
Game #104 SS#297431
Game #158 SS#297485
Game #17 SS#297344
Game #166 SS#297493
Game #110 SS#297437
Game #11 SS#297338

It doesn’t take a master mind to figure out sequential serial numbers. If anything, posting shows proof of ownership. I have mine already registered with Stern. Posting is a personal choice but it isn’t going to hurt anything. This isn’t PII. To be honest, it is far more damaging to be volunteering information about your favorite food, team or movie. Why - because those are real security challenge questions.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Greg and Zach costume up to review Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Machine
Disclaimer: SDTM does not rate flapper gap and actually put effort into their show. The boys are in bed with Gary Stern and in the pocket of Big Pinballceuticals.

A couple of things.. I am surprised you didn’t mention the Easter egg of the image of a NIB Stern on the multiball locks.

Second, theme needs to be less subjective. You should grade theme on the basis of did it convey the theme to the player, not if you liked the theme. That is my biggest complaint about SW, they missed the theme. I don’t care about the complexities of the multiplier, I never feel like I am playing Star Wars.

Finally, I enjoyed your review and agreed with what you said. You mentioned 3 skill shots, what are they? There are many that have yet to get one.

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Cant say how beautiful Elvira LE looks in person I'm still setting up. Thanks to classic gameroom great guys great service was lucky enough to get one of the last Elviras LE #105
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its always the distros last le when u call.....lol.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I know right. Lol

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I supposedly got the last LE the distributor I bought mine from at Expo. I don’t really care if it is/was, I just want the game to ship.

I’m sure there were quite a few dealers who only got a few games so getting “the last one” probably happened a lot.

#519 4 years ago

Me and a buddy are working on a 3d molded crypt. Something with some acrylic to so.it glows a better green. Sorry the 2d plastic isnt doing it for me

received_409225683363739 (resized).jpegreceived_409225683363739 (resized).jpeg
#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Me and a buddy are working on a 3d molded crypt. Something with some acrylic to so.it glows a better green. Sorry the 2d plastic isnt doing it for me[quoted image]

Very cool, so much potential! Are you planning to use a resin based 3D printer?

I'm a resin type guy (mold/casting) and can see the future with resin based 3D printing but I'm not very good a 3D modeling.

The toys and theme of this pin just makes me want to try to hand sculpt some of these things that are in the game though.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Very cool, so much potential! Are you planning to use a resin based 3D printer?
I'm a resin type guy (mold/casting) and can see the future with resin based 3D printing but I'm not very good a 3D modeling.
The toys and theme of this pin just makes me want to try to hand sculpt some of these things that are in the game though.

Actually cnc out of wood and then make a cast and mold

#522 4 years ago

Me and a buddy are working on a 3d molded crypt. Something with some acrylic to so.it glows a better green. Sorry the 2d plastic isnt doing it for me[quoted image]

Will you be adding the two lower skulls as well?

Will the wording be engraved?

I like it so far. Nice work!

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

[quoted image]

I like that... How firm does that adhere to the lockdown bar?
I'm interested in that. Might wait and see what other mods for the lockdown bar get made, but that's a good one no doubt.

#524 4 years ago

Why no score when I put it in Elvira's Back Door.

Seriously anyone having this issue. Giving award about 1 out of 5 times.

#525 4 years ago

So basically the game needed the 8.6 update to fix all the node board issue as stated by someone else, that was my next step but I was just trying to push couple of games before I update which I did this morning plays great after that no issues yet!

Quoted from arcademojo:

You will get the message because you powered game on with coin door open. Been posted several times in this thread.

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Why no score when I put it in Elvira's Back Door.
Seriously anyone having this issue. Giving award about 1 out of 5 times.

You're saying it's not scoring on the skill shot which is the only time you will be awarded a score?

#527 4 years ago

So is it just me or the shaker motor isn't working yet possibly not in code yet? I played about 10 games didnt feal the shaker at all I check setting and it's at maximum am I missing something here?

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

From the sound of it the shaker isn't doing anything at the moment.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I would think the shaker would be doing something even in the early stages of the code. Maybe it is a setting you over looked?

Quoted from SKWilson:

I had some shaker action when completing haunts.

Are your guys shaker working?

Quoted from Shane75:

Also my shaker motor is not working anyone else having issues ? It’s set to on at max. Anyway to test it in the settings menu?

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Trying to figure out why the shaker motor is not engaging on the LE. Anyone have any thoughts what I should check. It’s set to max use and It does t seem to be engaging. At what points during the game should it be engaging?

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Still don’t know what I have to do to get the shaker moving. It went off once and only during a gar goil mode other than that nothing so far.

Quoted from SKWilson:

The shaker doesn't have a lot of code, however mine fires when completing haunts and usually during super jackpots in multiball.

Sounds like we're waiting on more shaker code...

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

So is it just me or the shaker motor isn't working yet possibly not in code yet? I played about 10 games didnt feal the shaker at all I check setting and it's at maximum am I missing something here?

I've only had it come on once during a multiball. It's there,but not very utilized so far.

#530 4 years ago

Anyone else waiting for there LE to ship? I heard Stern ran out of parts and is waiting on more.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

So basically the game needed the 8.6 update to fix all the node board issue as stated by someone else, that was my next step but I was just trying to push couple of games before I update which I did this morning plays great after that no issues yet!

Not really fixed. The update doesn't display the message that you would get when starting the game with coin door open. But, as you stated you still got the message even with coin door closed. So something is wrong that is causing you to get this error message. The update just got rid of the symptom not the cause. On the other hand the error message didn't really mean anything to begin with so it shouldn't matter anyway.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not really fixed. The update doesn't display the message that you would get when starting the game with coin door open. But, as you stated you still got the message even with coin door closed. So something is wrong that is causing you to get this error message. The update just got rid of the symptom not the cause. On the other hand the error message didn't really mean anything to begin with so it shouldn't matter anyway.

What's funny before I did the update I was playing with it to see what was triggering the node board message. Turns out if only shows message when you open the door, but when Its closed pushing the button manually to send signal It clear and was able to go in settings. Update fix all the node problems for me.

#533 4 years ago

Oh man, I hope I’m not going to be part of the “Where is the Elvira Code” thread a year from now... Anyone have word on the code for the shaker motor??

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

The node board issue was fixed in .85 I believe.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Oh man, I hope I’m not going to be part of the “Where is the Elvira Code” thread a year from now... Anyone have word on the code for the shaker motor??

Are you not getting any shaker action at all?

Here are the points where the shaker should fire:

Haunts
TFOS - Last shot to house
TBTWD - Final 3 shots (each ramp + shot to house)
TM - This haunt doesn't seem to finish
MTHOF - Third stage of haunt + final shot
NOTLD - Final cellar shot + final shot
TWOW - None

Multiballs
House Party Multiball - Super Jackpot Shots to the house
House Attic Party - None
WWMB - Last jackpot (completion) before only the orbits are lit for SJPs
JITT - None
AAZM - None

Other
Gar-Goils Gone Wild - Collect jackpot
Drive Me Crazy - None
Gappa Angry - Starting shot to the house

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Anyone else waiting for there LE to ship? I heard Stern ran out of parts and is waiting on more.

I hadn’t heard Stern was waiting on parts but that my game hadn’t been built yet so makes sense. I thought all the LEs were being built first, but there quite a few Premiums out there so who knows.

I hope I get a more definitive update this week.

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hadn’t heard Stern was waiting on parts but that my game hadn’t been built yet so makes sense. I thought all the LEs were being built first, but there quite a few Premiums out there so who knows.
I hope I get a more definitive update this week.

I agree, when I started seeing premiums out in the wild I started wondering where my LE is lol
I thought they built all the LE machines first aswell...

#538 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that the yellow insert on the left loop says "Drive Me Crazy" while the yellow insert on the right loop says "Drive Me Car-zy"?

That's actually kinda buggin' me now. LOL

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Has anyone else noticed that the yellow insert on the left loop says "Drive Me Crazy" while the yellow insert on the right loop says "Drive Me Car-zy"?
That's actually kinda buggin' me now. LOL

Yeah now that you mentioned it it’s bothering me too. What is going on at Stern? It looks like that new QC guy isn’t living up to the ideal yet. Can’t see how that was intentional. All the other inserts match. Thanks for bringing it to my attention lol now I have something new to be bugged about.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah now that you mentioned it it’s bothering me too. What is going on at Stern? It looks like that new QC guy isn’t living up to the ideal yet. Can’t see how that was intentional. All the other inserts match. Thanks for bringing it to my attention lol now I have something new to be bugged about.

At least nothing is misspelled. I guess they either changed their minds about what it should say or couldn't decide what it should say and it went to print without being corrected. Maybe someone needs some NEGATIVE REINFORCMENT.

#541 4 years ago

#542 4 years ago

I’m pretty sure she says it both ways too. I think it was intentional

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m pretty sure she says it both ways too. I think it was intentional

Well if that’s true that certainly is better. I’m not an expert on Elvira.

#544 4 years ago

I got a question...
So most of the haunts I think have 2 videos from Elvira that can play.
But, the Manster has 3. It has something about 2 heads being better than 1. Lets get him out of her before he uses my tweezers, and also who said you can take a bath in my house.

Do any other modes have 3 different intros by Elvira, or is it just 2.
And I have noticed that there are 2-3 different completion videos for modes as well.

#545 4 years ago

I got #360 with 10/10/19 date.

#546 4 years ago

Anyone know what causes the scoring frenzy error on unhappy hour? Is it One of the optics ? Both ramps appear good. The switch test doesn’t show anything lighting up.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I heard about this at Expo. Don’t remember the details, but they are different on purpose.

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Hey all so I have one issue where the center house ramp seems to have shifted slightly to the right, to where it can sometimes get stuck on the right gargoyle and not come down. Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but is this easy to adjust?

Sent a support email to Stern but in the meantime started to probe the issue myself. Pic one shows the issue, ramp goes up, gets caught up on the right gargoyle, ramp won't come down, glass must come off. The ramp looks to be too much to the right so I looked around but didn't see any obvious way to adjust it from under the table (pic 2). Maybe the house has to be taken apart but if that's the case I'll let me distributor dude handle it. One solution I'm trying is in pic 3. I lift the right gargoyle to access the screw. That screw seems to hold down the large metal bracket that the ball hits, and it seems like it slowly over time rotates left to where it eventually blocks the ramp. So what I've tried for now is rotating that metal bracket as far away from the ramp as possible, hold it there, then tighten the screw as much as I can. I'll have to play some games and see if that solution holds but I suspect over time the ball bashing it will just rotate it right back to where it blocks the ramp.

If anyone else has this issue and has a solution please let me know! If I hear back from Stern with a solution I'll let people here know.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#549 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is your game room displayed in the "show off your game room" thread? If not, it definitely should be. I want to see more!

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Greg and Zach costume up to review Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Machine
Disclaimer: SDTM does not rate flapper gap and actually put effort into their show. The boys are in bed with Gary Stern and in the pocket of Big Pinballceuticals.

Great review , great game . If I had the money I would get one .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 17,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/11?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.