IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 362.
#5851 3 years ago

In europe we play 4 ball games with max 1 extra ball.

#5852 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you want to become a better player do not ever do this.

How does having a game on 4 or 5 ball stop you from becoming a better player? Practice and learning the shots and how to control the ball make me a better player.

So if I play 100 balls I will become better playing 33 games versus 20?

#5853 3 years ago

I think it’s obvious that learning to play conservatively on a three ball game will make you a better player.

Quoted from Cobra:

How does having a game on 4 or 5 ball stop you from becoming a better player? Practice and learning the shots and how to control the ball make me a better player.
So if I play 100 balls I will become better playing 33 games versus 20?

#5854 3 years ago

I would say it gives you a chance to see the sequences needed to advance. Then go back to 3

#5855 3 years ago

Sure, but you can do that with three balls too haha. To each their own...I’m just not into 5 ball. I like to work for it.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I would say it gives you a chance to see the sequences needed to advance. Then go back to 3

#5856 3 years ago

honestly i found the best compromise is setting replay to award a free ball. then set replay to two levels starting at 20mil second replay is at 40mil. Then you have to disable replay boost so it sticks at 20 and 40.

Now everyone still starts with 3 balls every game but friends that come over on that one good game will break 20,000 and get a freeball and they love it,

and For me its about every 3rd game i'll break 20 and every 3rd of those i'll break 40 and about every 10th game i'll break 100.
I,m about ready to increase the starting value up to 30mil and second will be 60mil..

To me its all about how far can i progress. I want to work towards being able to reliably get to wizard modes but along the way i want little sips into them to keep my interest..plus i like longer games

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

honestly i found the best compromise is setting replay to award a free ball. then set replay to two levels starting at 20mil second replay is at 40mil. Then you have to disable replay boost so it sticks at 20 and 40.
Now everyone still starts with 3 balls every game but friends that come over on that one good game will break 20,000 and get a freeball and they love it,
and For me its about every 3rd game i'll break 20 and every 3rd of those i'll break 40 and about every 10th game i'll break 100.
I,m about ready to increase the starting value up to 30 and second will be 60..
To me its all about how far can i progress. I want to work towards being able to reliably get to wizard modes but along the way i want little sips into them to keep my interest..plus i like longer games

#5858 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think it’s obvious that learning to play conservatively on a three ball game will make you a better player.

Let's not confuse getting further on a game with becoming a better player.

Playing 3 balls then hitting start and playing another 3 balls isn't going to make you a better player than playing a 5 ball game.

If my goal is to become a better pinball player, playing a game on 3 ball vs. 5 ball won't make a difference.

Playing 5 ball will get me further into the game.

#5859 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Playing 3 balls then hitting start and playing another 3 balls isn't going to make you a better player than playing a 5 ball game.
If my goal is to become a better pinball player, playing a game on 3 ball vs. 5 ball won't make a difference.

Just purely from a sunk time cost standpoint, a 5 ball game gets you more "practice" than a 3 ball game.

#5860 3 years ago

What about the number of balls per game as a pinball handicap system?

1 ball per game for highly ranked tournament players.
2 balls per game for most tournament regulars.
3 balls per game for players with average skills.
4 balls per game when you are learning a new game.
5 balls per game if you will admit you suck at pinball.

(This post meant for entertainment only. Sorry, I do not use emojis.)

#5861 3 years ago

I want very much to join this owners club. But that doesn't seem likely to happen any time soon, as I can't find this anywhere. I was given an ETA of March 2021.

#5862 3 years ago

I hear ya, it is even worse in Canada, there is virtually no chance of even finding a used unit much less a NIB. I am on a waiting list for NIB but who knows when that will be. I can't give my money to stern if they don't produce the product.

#5863 3 years ago

I’m gonna be a dick, ready? Why don’t you play 3 ball and EARN the three extra balls in game like you’re supposed to? If you need to set the game to 5 balls to complete the house, get Gappa and Directors cut in one game....you need more practice. EHOH is a very easy shooter...even with a normal tilt setting. What’s your highest score on a 5 ball game?

Quoted from Cobra:

#5864 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m gonna be a dick, ready? Why don’t you play 3 ball and EARN the three extra balls in game like you’re supposed to? If you need to set the game to 5 balls to complete the house, get Gappa and Directors cut in one game....you need more practice.

Why are you so bent out of shape and insistent on telling people how to set up or play their own games?

Number of balls per game doesn’t matter. Skill level doesn’t matter. Whether you have fun and enjoy your game is all that counts.

#5865 3 years ago

It’s all about having fun. If having fun for you is playing with 3 balls, then play with 3 balls. If it’s 5 balls, then play with 5 balls. When you own the game, you can do whatever you want. It’s not tournament play so be yourself and don’t bend to others wishes or opinions.

#5866 3 years ago

It’s all good, if ya’ll don’t want the satisfaction of completing the game on factory settings that’s fine. Giving yourself free extra balls is like going on a bike ride as an adult with training wheels on. Or bowling with the gutter guards up. Let’s be real here. But...let’s drop it. It’s a conversation for a different thread.

Quoted from jfh:

Why are you so bent out of shape and insistent on telling people how to set up or play their own games?
Number of balls per game doesn’t matter. Skill level doesn’t matter. Whether you have fun and enjoy your game is all that counts.

#5867 3 years ago

I always compare the purchase of a pin to a purchase of a car. Some are even priced around the same.

Why anyone has the right (or thinks they do) to tell me HOW to set up my own car, that I worked hard for, paid for and could do anything with, is beyond me. If I want to add something to the engine to make it go faster, are you gonna tell me that I shouldn't do that because it might make me less of a decent driver? Just ridiculous. Not to mention, none of your beezwacks, really.

My gf sucked at pin so she set up a couple of them at 10 balls at some point. Why? Cause she just wanted to have fun and see how far she can get. Why the hell does anyone else care about what I'm doing in my private home with my personal game that I paid close to $10k for? Please give the whole "You'll become a better player" thing a rest. Who said they even wanted to become a better player? Maybe they just wanna have fun and flip some balls around. I even know people in these very forums who don't even play their games much, they prefer to work on them, add mods and trick them out. More power to you!

Your game, your rules.

#5868 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Your game, your rules.

Amen brother. Well said.

#5869 3 years ago

Need I remind you all that this conversation started when someone ASKED how to be a better player on EHOH? If you’re not concerned with playing the game well you can leave the conversation. Bunch of sandbox kids muckin’ about with their $8k toys in here. Adults are talkin’ haha. Go ahead and downvote. Pinball is a game of skill. End of story.

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I always compare the purchase of a pin to a purchase of a car. Some are even priced around the same.
Why anyone has the right (or thinks they do) to tell me HOW to set up my own car, that I worked hard for, paid for and could do anything with, is beyond me. If I want to add something to the engine to make it go faster, are you gonna tell me that I shouldn't do that because it might make me less of a decent driver? Just ridiculous. Not to mention, none of your beezwacks, really.
My gf sucked at pin so she set up a couple of them at 10 balls at some point. Why? Cause she just wanted to have fun and see how far she can get. Why the hell does anyone else care about what I'm doing in my private home with my personal game that I paid close to $10k for? Please give the whole "You'll become a better player" thing a rest. Who said they even wanted to become a better player? Maybe they just wanna have fun and flip some balls around. I even know people in these very forums who don't even play their games much, they prefer to work on them, add mods and trick them out. More power to you!
Your game, your rules.

#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Need I remind you all that this conversation started when someone ASKED how to be a better player on EHOH? If you’re not concerned with playing the game well you can leave the conversation. Bunch of sandbox kids muckin’ about with their $8k toys in here. Adults are talkin’ haha. Go ahead and downvote. Pinball is a game of skill. End of story.

There is also a difference between having 2 pins versus 22.

I played my TWDLE ALL the time when i had a half dozen pins then and have gotten to LMS several times and beaten it 2 or 3. Siege is as tough or tougher. On 3 ball and extras.

Now i only have time to play a few games across a couple of times a week, across a lot of pins. I play for FUN, drink some beers while doing it, to see all the cool stuff as opposed to the addiction i had on TWD.

The more games you play on a particular game, 300 to 3,000, well .......you get better at it! Imagine that.

"Pinball is a game of skill"? So what? It's all relative.

Elwin can walk up to any game and master it right away. You and I can't.

#5871 3 years ago

Oh yeah, this is an Elvira thread. It's a GREAT game! FUN factor off the charts.

Easy side? Definitely.

#5872 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh yeah, this is an Elvira thread. It's a GREAT game! FUN factor off the charts.
Easy side? Definitely.

Well, not that easy. I'll probably never beat it and that's ok. Such a fun game, each update added so much. Game is prob close to final code, but I hope for 2 or 3 more updates, just to see what else he adds

#5873 3 years ago

I have an order in for zepp le, when and if. And ill be playing 5 ball for at least a few weeks to learn a brand new game

#5875 3 years ago

Ha! I mean...At least I gave warning.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

At least you're right about that.

#5876 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I,m about ready to increase the starting value up to 30mil and second will be 60mil..

I have my games setup this way. If I am having a good game I like having that extra ball. Also I have it setup to adjust the replay/extra ball. The better I get the harder it is to achieve.

#5877 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Easy side? Definitely.

It is a masterpiece!! It is easy to flip, make ramps, start a haunt and a multiball. Gappa angry will make your palms sweat, making the shots becomes stressful. Finishing haunts are critical and aren’t easy. There are so many layers to this pin. Also the theme integration is off the charts, you have Elvira on the LCD, all of the video assets, amazing music and a great art package. I could go on and on about this pin!!

#5878 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I want very much to join this owners club. But that doesn't seem likely to happen any time soon, as I can't find this anywhere. I was given an ETA of March 2021.

I ordered one about 3-4 weeks ago. Was told it should ship end Of November /early December. I wouldn’t be surprised if that ends up being March but maybe I’ll be happily surprised. Plan for the worst /hope for the best.

#5879 3 years ago

Last night I had certain Haunts starting on their own and after a while, I noticed a "sound" emanating from the house and it wasn't long before the game put up a "House malfunction" notice on the screen (while the clackety-clack sounds continued from the house, even after the game was over) Anyone had this issue before? I'm not a techie but have a friend who's gonna check it out for me but would you have any advice for him or what we should be looking for? Thanks!

#5880 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Last night I had certain Haunts starting on their own and after a while, I noticed a "sound" emanating from the house and it wasn't long before the game put up a "House malfunction" notice on the screen (while the clackety-clack sounds continued from the house, even after the game was over) Anyone had this issue before? I'm not a techie but have a friend who's gonna check it out for me but would you have any advice for him or what we should be looking for? Thanks!

When my house was malfunctioning it was the optos behind the house not recognizing each other. I took the piece of plastic off and drilled the holes slightly bigger, haven't had a problem since.

#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Yes my game is the same lifted playfeild and found the mech under house is swingin in the breeze . I havent a clue how to fix Good Luck

#5882 3 years ago

Not sure if someone has mentioned this before in this thread? > But with the new code I am now getting the backdoor shot award more often, even if the ball goes around or near the house.

Anyone else have this issue with the 'backdoor' shot awarding more often that it should?

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Not sure if someone has mentioned this before in this thread? > But with the new code I am now getting the backdoor shot award more often, even if the ball goes around or near the house.
Anyone else have this issue with the 'backdoor' shot awarding more often that it should?

I do, can’t tell if I’m supposed to or not. Tend to think not, but I don’t get it if it goes around, only when it goes into the house on a left orbit shot. It was doing this prior to the new code.

#5884 3 years ago

I’ve been noticing an odd amount of backdoor awards as well.

#5885 3 years ago

I've seen it too on my game. Back door awards were only supposed to happen from a left orbit shot because they were happening too often. This was implemented a few updates ago. But, I've now seen back door awards just from a regular cellar shot during a mode.

Rob

#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've seen it too on my game. Back door awards were only supposed to happen from a left orbit shot because they were happening too often. This was implemented a few updates ago. But, I've now seen back door awards just from a regular cellar shot during a mode.
Rob

Must be a bug in the last 2 updates.
It happens way too often now making the game less challenging to get a high score. Hope they adjust it on the next code update!

#5887 3 years ago

For anyone looking to join the club...there’s finally one for sale!

D2D46034-B8E1-449C-80CC-2CBF3D99F79E (resized).pngD2D46034-B8E1-449C-80CC-2CBF3D99F79E (resized).png

#5888 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For anyone looking to join the club...there’s finally someone crazy enough to sell!
[quoted image]

There's been a lot of demand for Elvira lately.

Rob

#5889 3 years ago

It took me forever to find one myself. Does anyone know (or can estimate) how many EHOH have been produced so far?

Quoted from Rob_G:

There's been a lot of demand for Elvira lately.
Rob

#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For anyone looking to join the club...there’s finally one for sale!
[quoted image]

Does anyone know if he is also on Pinside?

#5891 3 years ago

It’s not listed on here for sale so I’m guessing he doesn’t have an account

Quoted from RobT:

Does anyone know if he is also on Pinside?

#5892 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It took me forever to find one myself. Does anyone know (or can estimate) how many EHOH have been produced so far?

Well we know there were 450 LEs / SEs and 156 are showing up as owner games on pinside. Another 201 say they own premiums. If the math holds (and it usually does) the total amount produced would be around 1050 now. 1028 to be procise. Factor in the on location games the number comes out to 1071.

#5893 3 years ago

I just joined there club a few days ago and I can’t figure out the crypt. I hit the door the first time and it opens up half way. I then can keep hitting it but it never opens any further, just half way. There’s a green insert lit once you hit it once. That leads me to believe it should open up all the way so the ball can go in. Any have this issue and if that’s the case any idea what needs to be done?

#5894 3 years ago

You DID remove the foam and pull ties under the playfield?

#5895 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You DID remove the foam and pull ties under the playfield?

Yes. In the test the door moves in full motion but during game play it gets confused on where it’s at

#5896 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Yes. In the test the door moves in full motion but during game play it gets confused on where it’s at

Moves in full motion, but are all 3 switches being activated both open and closed? If it's getting confused where it's at, then I suspect the top or bottom switch states are not changing during operation. If so, you will have to adjust the position of the motor that drives the scoop up/down. Just loosen one of the 1/4 nuts and move it slightly. Test with the playfield down, not upright. Also make sure the slot in the scoop lines up with the motor bracket when in the lowest position.

Rob

#5897 3 years ago

First post on Pinside. New #Elvira HOH owner here, really love it. First time I have done an upgrade to software code on a machine. Made a new SD card and it is working fine - went from .99 to 1.00

Now a silly question, I saw in the notes that there was a filter for the bad words.

Per the code updates, v 91 had this:

- Removed vulgar swearing from the deadhead speech. These will be added
back in the next release with a setting to disable/bleep them out.

On .99 (I got the machine with .99 installed) I had many bad words when playing. I found them funny, had a few balls drain when I heard them the first time and started laughing (this machine overall is just so entertaining with the call-outs, and I have barely scratched the surface of the rules). After the upgrade to 1.00 there seemed to be less of the bad words. The Sgt Jarhead for sure had one of his phrases toned down a bit.

.99 seemed to have no filters.

Most of the time I am playing where no one will be offended and would want filter only if younger family members come to visit Scrolled through all the menus and did not see a setting. Was wondering where it may be located, or perhaps the good "bad" words no longer around?

#5898 3 years ago

There's a 1.01 code now

#5899 3 years ago

EHOH incoming!

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBallLuck:

First post on Pinside. New #Elvira HOH owner here, really love it. First time I have done an upgrade to software code on a machine. Made a new SD card and it is working fine - went from .99 to 1.00
Now a silly question, I saw in the notes that there was a filter for the bad words.
Per the code updates, v 91 had this:
- Removed vulgar swearing from the deadhead speech. These will be added
back in the next release with a setting to disable/bleep them out.
On .99 (I got the machine with .99 installed) I had many bad words when playing. I found them funny, had a few balls drain when I heard them the first time and started laughing (this machine overall is just so entertaining with the call-outs, and I have barely scratched the surface of the rules). After the upgrade to 1.00 there seemed to be less of the bad words. The Sgt Jarhead for sure had one of his phrases toned down a bit.
.99 seemed to have no filters.
Most of the time I am playing where no one will be offended and would want filter only if younger family members come to visit Scrolled through all the menus and did not see a setting. Was wondering where it may be located, or perhaps the good "bad" words no longer around?

Yes, some folks were complaining. So the "bad" words were taken out...Hopefully in the future they will be put back in or at least have an adult mode that you can turn on if you so desire!

Phoebe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/118?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.