EHoH2 (resized).jpg
EHoH3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 362.
#5801 3 years ago

Did the LE come with a goodybag with keyfob etc. I took over a machine but nothing included?

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did the LE come with a goodybag with keyfob etc. I took over a machine but nothing included?

All new Stern games do as far as I know.

Anybody looking to move on from their Elvira?

#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes the LE came with goody bag that included keychain.

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yes the LE came with goody bag that included keychain.

so did premiums...

20201106_092549 (resized).jpg20201106_092549 (resized).jpg
#5805 3 years ago

Yes I found mine, between some extra decals, was very small......I expected something bigger/different

#5806 3 years ago

My LE came with no keychain plastic

#5807 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Same here

#5808 3 years ago

Prem did, but was small. Was hoping for more cuz I like to collect them

20201106_095309 (resized).jpg20201106_095309 (resized).jpg20201106_095316 (resized).jpg20201106_095316 (resized).jpg
#5809 3 years ago

Anyone know if they are doing another run of EHOH? Looking to purchase NIB and seems like no distributors have any.

#5810 3 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Anyone know if they are doing another run of EHOH? Looking to purchase NIB and seems like no distributors have any.

Last word was April. Talk to your distributor about your interest in the game and get on their list.

#5811 3 years ago

Looks like "the pinball place" on the pinside marketplace says they have them in stock.

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

Has anyone had a problem where you hit the house, registers the hit but will not start a mode? Meaning I can hit the center ramp and open the house but when I hit it the next time to start a mode it doesn't start. Seems like it doesn't catch the ball so it will not start the mode but I could be wrong?

Ball is not catching in my house anymore as well. Is this a code update issue? Is the ball catching in the house for everybody with the new code? Or is it just starting a mode now without the delay of staying in the house? Please let me know what you are seeing. Thanks.

#5813 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

That's weird, my LE had the key fob.

#5814 3 years ago

I'm having an issue with the lastest game code... tried two different usb drives, which one was one ive updated the game with before, and just did my avengers with.

It wont recognize the code. I feel as if this has to do with the fact that the file name end in 000, 001, and 002 instead of Spk?

But I looked and my 1.00 game code was that way... and it updated to 1.00 no problem...

#5815 3 years ago

I had prob too, bought a cheap 64 gig stick and it worked 1stvtime. Don't know why, used same download on computer

#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I'm having an issue with the lastest game code... tried two different usb drives, which one was one ive updated the game with before, and just did my avengers with.
It wont recognize the code. I feel as if this has to do with the fact that the file name end in 000, 001, and 002 instead of Spk?
But I looked and my 1.00 game code was that way... and it updated to 1.00 no problem...

Delete the old code versions off of your computer first. Then download it. Should solve it.

#5817 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Delete the old code versions off of your computer first. Then download it. Should solve it.

Did that. No dice. They gave these file names in the zip.

#5818 3 years ago

You need to completely wipe your USB stick... put only the 3 new files on it, if the stick has anything else on it the update get f’d up. Also, You can’t just drag the folder over...files only.

Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Did that. No dice. They gave these file names in the zip.

#5819 3 years ago

Quoted from docquest:

Looks like "the pinball place" on the pinside marketplace says they have them in stock.

Any Distro's that I've seen that had Elvira's listed as in-stock, were really just pre-orders for the upcoming runs. I feel lucky that I've got mine, as it seems like it will be a LONG time before any NIB's get out for purchase.

#5820 3 years ago

Likewise, I saw games listed but were waiting lists. I DID find one in stock at Pinballs.com and bought it but if was a few weeks ago .

#5821 3 years ago
23C44308-7723-4DE7-9EF0-704B48A30D8B (resized).jpeg23C44308-7723-4DE7-9EF0-704B48A30D8B (resized).jpeg
#5822 3 years ago

That’s not supposed to be there ...

#5823 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s not supposed to be there ...

I didn't know the house had a ballroom in it.

#5824 3 years ago

I finally have the crypt put back in my Elvira. I wasted MANY hours on this mech and I'm still not convinced it isn't going to cause me problems again soon. Stern sent me a replacement assembly, but I could only use the plastic slider because what they sent me was missing decals and other parts. The new slider immediately jammed against the opto support bracket which has an edge to push the skull forward as the carriage moves down. I had to put a 1.5 mm shim behind the skull to keep the slider forward a bit.

It works, but already showed signs of sticking a bit. I even put a tiny amount of white lithium grease on the slider plastic. The skull also bounces up a bit from some hard hits and probably shouldn't, but there is absolutely no way to fix that. I have had this thing torn apart, put together, mounted, tested, removed, torn apart again many times. I'm just going to leave it for now and play the game.

Question: Does anyone else's crypt skull bounce up a tiny bit when hit hard sometimes?

Rob

20201105_170244 (resized).jpg20201105_170244 (resized).jpg
#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I finally have the crypt put back in my Elvira. I wasted MANY hours on this mech and I'm still not convinced it isn't going to cause me problems again soon. Stern sent me a replacement assembly, but I could only use the plastic slider because what they sent me was missing decals and other parts. The new slider immediately jammed against the opto support bracket which has an edge to push the skull forward as the carriage moves down. I had to put a 1.5 mm shim behind the skull to keep the slider forward a bit.
It works, but already showed signs of sticking a bit. I even put a tiny amount of white lithium grease on the slider plastic. The skull also bounces up a bit from some hard hits and probably shouldn't, but there is absolutely no way to fix that. I have had this thing torn apart, put together, mounted, tested, removed, torn apart again many times. I'm just going to leave it for now and play the game.
Question: Does anyone else's crypt skull bounce up a tiny bit when hit hard sometimes?
Rob
[quoted image]

My skull itself moves just a couple millimeters up when it's hit. The whole door/skull assembly moves up and down just a bit when it gets hit hard.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5826 3 years ago

It has to, or it would snap off

#5827 3 years ago

I just installed the quiet fan in Elvira. What a world of difference! I can't hear it at all while it's running. For you guys with dedicated game rooms it's probably not a big deal, but my pin is next to the main living area in my home. That fan drove me nuts.

#5828 3 years ago

Could not help myself... the white Leds on this topper where driving me nuts with the reflection it was adding on the glass. Nothing a little clear purple tape couldn't solve! Why Stern is so obsessed with bright white Leds is beyond me. I have all ready swapped all the white off this game for a more colorful look. which make the game feel so much better!

elvira-hoh (resized).jpgelvira-hoh (resized).jpgtopper (resized).jpgtopper (resized).jpg
#5829 3 years ago

I guess we were the test case for the $1k topper. The Turtles topper is also $1k.

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

I have all ready swapped all the white off this game for a more colorful look. which make the game feel so much better!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Getting the sterile cool white LEDs out of this game completely changes its atmosphere no matter what color choices you make. I can understand why they leave that to the customer but they could at least make better choices to whether a game should have cool or warm lights.

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I guess we were the test case for the $1k topper. The Turtles topper is also $1k.

When is first listed at some sites it had a price of $499 or $599. I wonder if they raised if after Elvira topper sold quickly.

I'm not so sure they would have sold out of the first batch as fast as it did if there wasnt that rumor floating around that it was going to be a limited runoff 200.

#5832 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Any Distro's that I've seen that had Elvira's listed as in-stock, were really just pre-orders for the upcoming runs. I feel lucky that I've got mine, as it seems like it will be a LONG time before any NIB's get out for purchase.

Yes. I know. These are formatted, unzipped, and fresh.

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

When is first listed at some sites it had a price of $499 or $599. I wonder if they raised if after Elvira topper sold quickly.
I'm not so sure they would have sold out of the first batch as fast as it did if there wasnt that rumor floating around that it was going to be a limited runoff 200.

Yes, it is overpriced, but what isn't? I bought early. Paid less than 1k, and happy to have it. Completes the game. I did buy my ehoh with less than 200 plays on it for 7k, no tax, so it was easier for me I guess

#5834 3 years ago

Any thoughts on strategy on this game. I just shoot the house to get through the house to house Party, meanwhile trying get throug the wild woman multibal ladder. I reached Gappa Angry 2 times but both sucked. Only getting to level 2. I keep stuck at around 350-400k. How do the playfield multipliers work?

#5835 3 years ago

Go for the extra balls, it’ll help you get further into the game. Complete two haunts to light extra ball. Defeat two deadheads to light extra ball. Finish Hand of fate wheel to unlock super hand of fate wheel ( which has an extra ball). You really want to complete your modes (haunts) in this game. Complete four haunts for ‘Directors cut’...love this mode. Get all the way through the house for ‘They came from space’ multi. If you have difficulty completing modes then I’d suggest staging the garage multis in a haunt, they don’t score well anyway on their own. Also, always have a deadhead running while in a mode or prior to starting multiball. When you get to Gappa, slow down your game, take a breather and execute the shots calmly...no flailing. You want all six balls locked for the big show and the big score. I consider 1.5 billion a good score of this table. 2-3billion is possible at current code.

Quoted from PeterG:

Any thoughts on strategy on this game. I just shoot the house to get through the house to house Party, meanwhile trying get throug the wild woman multibal ladder. I reached Gappa Angry 2 times but both sucked. Only getting to level 2. I keep stuck at around 350-400k. How do the playfield multipliers work?

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Go for the extra balls, it’ll help you get further into the game. Complete two haunts to light extra ball. Defeat two deadheads to light extra ball. Finish Hand of fate wheel to unlock super hand of fate wheel ( which has an extra ball). You really want to complete your modes (haunts) in this game. Complete four haunts for ‘Directors cut’...love this mode. Get all the way through the house for ‘They came from space’ multi. If you have difficulty completing modes then I’d suggest staging the garage multis in a haunt, they don’t score well anyway on their own. Also, always have a deadhead running while in a mode or prior to starting multiball. When you get to Gappa, slow down your game, take a breather and execute the shots calmly...no flailing. You want all six balls locked for the big show and the big score. I consider 1.5 billion a good score of this table. 2-3billion is possible at current code.

Don't just complete the haunts. Collect the Trailer Trash with Trailer Bits. If possible, start Double Trouble before starting Trailer Trash. This can be big with longer haunts like MTHOF. I'm talking hundreds of millions of points for just four quick shots (House to start, left ramp, right ramp, house to collect).

Adding onto Gappa Angry, there's no need to rush through it even though there's an urgency to the music. Like mpdpvdpin said, slow down, take a breath, get control of the ball and make the shots.

As far as how Double Trouble works: complete both banks of stand ups to light DT in the inlane. Flipper will move lit lane. Rollover lit lane to start DT at 2x for 20 seconds. Do this again during DT to start Double Double Trouble (4x).

#5837 3 years ago

I would suggest anybody a rather crappy player like me start their games set on 4 or 5 balls per game just to see the amazing depth and different modes. Then dial it back to 3 balls.

#5838 3 years ago

If you want to become a better player do not ever do this. I suggest you play 3 ball with a normal tilt. Learn the core flipper skills and practice them every time you play. Never flip around or flail, it ruins your muscle memory and effects your ability to focus. Want extra balls? Earn them in the game. No one ever good at anything in life making it easy. If you approach pinball like this you will no longer have to refer to yourself as a “rather crappy player” because...you won’t be.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

I would suggest anybody a rather crappy player like me start their games set on 4 or 5 balls per game just to see the amazing depth and different modes. Then dial it back to 3 balls.

#5839 3 years ago

I'm retired. I play for fun, never in competition.

#5840 3 years ago

Seeing the depth of the game and working on becoming a better player are not mutually exclusive.

I have most of my games set to whatever the default was at time of release (3 or 5) but I have both Batman 66 and EHOH set to 5 balls per game and probably will for a while. I work on becoming a better player but sometimes I don’t want to “work”, I want to just play. Both games have such incredible depth that I probably will never see it all, but with 5 balls per game I don’t worry that a game will be over before I really get started.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with increasing the number of balls per game. It’s your game.

#5841 3 years ago

If you become a better player you will see the depth of the game and you will have earned it. That’s a pretty satisfying feeling. Do what ya’ll like of coarse, I’ll get your participation trophies sent out once I get the payment from your parents. Hahaha (don’t be offended I’m just bustin balls) What’s your high score on a 5 ball as opposed to a 3 ball game?

Quoted from jfh:

Seeing the depth of the game and working on becoming a better player are not mutually exclusive.
I have most of my games set to whatever the default was at time of release (3 or 5) but I have both Batman 66 and EHOH set to 5 balls per game and probably will for a while. I work on becoming a better player but sometimes I don’t want to “work”, I want to just play. Both games have such incredible depth that I probably will never see it all, but with 5 balls per game I don’t worry that a game will be over before I really get started.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with increasing the number of balls per game. It’s your game.

#5842 3 years ago

As far as I’m concerned, more balls = more practice. If you drop 8 to 10k on one of these games it is fine to up the ball count to see what the game has to offer. The more I play the better I get. After you get to a certain level you can always dial down the balls per game. Also keep in mind there is usually several different skill levels living under the same roof. Most pinball is played for entertainment and not competition.

#5843 3 years ago

something i've been meaning to ask...does anyone else have an issue with a high number of side drains? i try bump saves, etc, but it's a LOT more than i'd expect...i have the adjustable posts as they came, in the middle holes...

#5844 3 years ago

I buy games because I like the challenge. I compete with myself every time I play...that’s the only thing that keeps coming back, and yeah...it’s entertaining. That’s a byproduct haha. But I get it...some people treat it with respect like it’s a sport (it is) and others like to flip around and look at the pretty lights. Nothing wrong with either approach. But when I invest $50k of my money into pinball...I’m also going to invest my time / energy and take it seriously. Otherwise...it’s just an expensive toy.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

As far as I’m concerned, more balls = more practice. If you drop 8 to 10k on one of these games it is fine to up the ball count to see what the game has to offer. The more I play the better I get. After you get to a certain level you can always dial down the balls per game. Also keep in mind there is usually several different skill levels living under the same roof. Most pinball is played for entertainment and not competition.

#5845 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I buy games because I like the challenge. I compete with myself every time I play...that’s the only thing that keeps coming back, and yeah...it’s entertaining. That’s a byproduct haha. But I get it...some people treat it with respect like it’s a sport (it is) and others like to flip around and look at the pretty lights. Nothing wrong with either approach. But when I invest $50k of my money into pinball...I’m also going to invest my time / energy and take it seriously. Otherwise...it’s just an expensive toy.

You spent 50k on ehoh and maiden? Man, you got screwed.

#5846 3 years ago

Printed these nice apron cards

20201110_192530 (resized).jpg20201110_192530 (resized).jpg20201110_192542 (resized).jpg20201110_192542 (resized).jpg
#5847 3 years ago

Haha no, of course not. I’ve just sold off six or seven pins in the past few months. Check my collection history.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You spent 50k on ehoh and maiden? Man, you got screwed.

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

My purchase my set up. Right on.

I’m a decent player. I play my own pins and don’t care about “tournament”

I always start with 5 ball on a game and then dial it back as the muscle memory kicks in

I can still play TWD with my eyes closed on sound and muscle memory alone

#5849 3 years ago

I’m honestly shocked how many of y’all set your games up 5 ball. I have never once set a game to 5. I feel like if you have a great game it’s meaningless on 5 ball.

Quoted from iceman44:

My purchase my set up. Right on.
I’m a decent player. I play my own pins and don’t care about “tournament”
I always start with 5 ball on a game and then dial it back as the muscle memory kicks in
I can still play TWD with my eyes closed on sound and muscle memory alone

#5850 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Haha no, of course not. I’ve just sold off six or seven pins in the past few months. Check my collection history.

Yes, I know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/117?hl=nexfx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.