IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 363.
#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I finally broke the 1 Billion barrier today and saw things I had never seen before.
Finished three Dead Heads so I got to battle the boss Dead Head. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen him yet. Very fitting to say the least.
It Came From Outer Space was a lot of fun and had a great intro sequence. The intro took me off guard as I wasn't expecting it.
Was one shot away from completing Gappa Angry so I had to settle for Scream Test, which was new for me to play. The topper gets quite a workout during this mode for anyone wondering about topper integration.
I still haven't played Run For Your Life, Phone A Fiend or sold the house yet. Looking forward to getting there someday. [quoted image]

Awesome! And not to be pedantic but the movie is “They Came from Beyond Space”. VERY different film.

#5753 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Awesome! And not to be pedantic but the movie is “They Came from Beyond Space”. VERY different film.

I knew I probably botched the title, I just knew it was a blast to get to and finally play it.

Thanks for the correction. Might be a while before I see it again!

#5754 3 years ago

So... I haven't played pinball in over 2 months and before that dry spell I hadn't played for 2-3 months. Haven't updated my Elvira in all that time. I took in a furry roommate and he really has run my life since he moved in. On top my 9-5 job which I've been doing 1 hour of OT everyday and my personal business just haven't left me much time or even in the mood for pinball.
I have to have all my machines under moving blankets as the furball climbs and claws are so sharp he will scratch them.

Anyway... One thing that I can do is watch movies. I just finished watching the Brain That Wouldn't Die. Not a bad film... Not a good film, but it had some interesting points. Its on Prime BTW.
Teenagers From Outer Space & The Manster is also on prime. I added them to my watch list.

So is the Wasp Woman. I don't know how that is implemented in the game, but its on the backglass.
Going to try to work my way through all of the films on this pin. That will be my goal.

#5755 3 years ago

Trying to get into this club, posted a WTB EHOH LE NIB... if anyone has a lead please PM me!

#5756 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Trying to get into this club, posted a WTB EHOH LE NIB... if anyone has a lead please PM me!

Hope you join the club. Its one hell of a game!

#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from larkin90:

Hi all
I just put a deposit on a premium which is due to arrive next year. Is there any ‘must have’ mods that are needed on this machine?
TIA,

I always think a shaker is a must have for any pin.

#5758 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I knew I probably botched the title, I just knew it was a blast to get to and finally play it.
Thanks for the correction. Might be a while before I see it again!

Only bothering to mention it since there IS a film called “It Came From Outer Space” which is a classic - still a Sci-fi B-movie, but Waaaaaaay better than the Z-grade “they came from beyond space” haha

#5759 3 years ago

This machine was a huge hit last night with the Halloween party guests, they loved it and believe it or not some didn't even know who Elvira is lol. They were bouncing back and fourth between this game and No Good Gofer's. Two titles with some great humor, huge blast.

#5760 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Agree and on this machine it’s a double must have as it’s very well integrated especially in modes like gappa angry

#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Agree and on this machine it’s a double must have as it’s very well integrated especially in modes like gappa angry

And with lightening

#5762 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Thanks, good to know.

#5763 3 years ago

Just finished watching Santa Clause Conquers Mars... Man it was BAD!!!!
Its on prime right now, sure its the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of it, but it still counts, and I don't think I could have gotten through it without the riffing.

Slowly working my way through the films on this pin.

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Just finished watching Santa Clause Conquers Mars... Man it was BAD!!!!
Its on prime right now, sure its the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of it, but it still counts, and I don't think I could have gotten through it without the riffing.
Slowly working my way through the films on this pin.

LOL it is going to be a long, hard slog! Make sure you watch the Movie Macabre, Rifftrax or Mst3k versions of ALL of them!

#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL it is going to be a long, hard slog! Make sure you watch the Movie Macabre, Rifftrax or Mst3k versions of ALL of them!

Well... There are some movies that are good on that list.
While it might be one of hammer's worst Dracula films, I still quite enjoy the Satanic Rites of Dracula.
And Night Of THe living Dead is a classic and a great film... I did just watch the colored rifftrax version of it... Funny... But, that color was jarring. Not a fan of restored color. Even if it looks good. Just keep it to the original.

Anyway... Yes, its going to be a hard slog... And I don't think I'll watch all of them. But, the goal will be the main ones.

#5766 3 years ago

I decided to build *5 only* custom toppers. If you’re interested, please post in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-elvira-topper-interest-list

$475 plus $40 shipping

14DBF851-9A9F-4174-A423-3992167B71C1 (resized).jpeg14DBF851-9A9F-4174-A423-3992167B71C1 (resized).jpeg83A906B2-BBA8-43DF-9EB1-F8D1EE041F2E (resized).jpeg83A906B2-BBA8-43DF-9EB1-F8D1EE041F2E (resized).jpegD70ADDB8-4574-4B7F-B400-FEA9571B6C86 (resized).jpegD70ADDB8-4574-4B7F-B400-FEA9571B6C86 (resized).jpegF2F2BFFD-D18A-43D2-8D36-33C70D4D51FD (resized).jpegF2F2BFFD-D18A-43D2-8D36-33C70D4D51FD (resized).jpeg
#5767 3 years ago

I'm in on the topper!

#5768 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I decided to build *5 only* custom toppers. If you’re interested, please post in this thread:
$475 plus $40 shipping[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

this looks fabulous, and if i hadn't just needed to replace 2 pcs and order a ps5, i would have been in on one in a heartbeat. Great job!

#5769 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice! Looks like Elvira' beehive hairdo just fits under your ceiling tile.

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nice! Looks like Elvira' beehive hairdo just fits under your ceiling tile.

Ha, yeah, I've got just over 7" of clearance. My topper is the exact same height as the Stern toppers, so it's nestled comfortably between the IMDN topper and BKSOR topper (best topper ever!).

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

These are very nice looking!!

#5772 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... There are some movies that are good on that list.
While it might be one of hammer's worst Dracula films, I still quite enjoy the Satanic Rites of Dracula.

Any Hammer film is worth watching. The earlier ones are better, but even the later ones still have some sparkle in them.

As far as Manos and films of that caliber....have fun.

#5773 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Any Hammer film is worth watching. The earlier ones are better, but even the later ones still have some sparkle in them.
As far as Manos and films of that caliber....have fun.

I concur about Hammer films. I own about 70% of their film catalog.
Might rebuy some of it on blu ray now.
I just got and watched Doctor Jekyll and Sister Hyde for the first time a few weeks back. Waited years for that movie to get released, and then I waited a year or so to be in the mood to watch it.

I like to take my time with movies. I got one more Ray Harryhausen film to watch and then I am done with his films. 3 worlds of Gulliver. Then I can focus on going back through them. As most of them warrant repeat viewings.

But, I just love Hammer. Peter Cushing was and is one of my favorite actors ever. And who doesn't love Mr. Lee. The man loved heavy metal. And to me you can't get more metal than Mr. Lee. Him and Bruce Dickinson are prime examples of living a well lived life.

And yeah... I am lucky I already got through Manos... what a turd. But, kudos to the guy for making a film. I tried and wasted 15k of my own money... Maybe a bit more. So hats off to him.

#5774 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I concur about Hammer films. I own about 70% of their film catalog.
Might rebuy some of it on blu ray now.
I just got and watched Doctor Jekyll and Sister Hyde for the first time a few weeks back. Waited years for that movie to get released, and then I waited a year or so to be in the mood to watch it.
I like to take my time with movies. I got one more Ray Harryhausen film to watch and then I am done with his films. 3 worlds of Gulliver. Then I can focus on going back through them. As most of them warrant repeat viewings.
But, I just love Hammer. Peter Cushing was and is one of my favorite actors ever. And who doesn't love Mr. Lee. The man loved heavy metal. And to me you can't get more metal than Mr. Lee. Him and Bruce Dickinson are prime examples of living a well lived life.

absolutely concur. Behold!:

and the song that led to this album:

#5775 3 years ago

And since (absolutely no one) asked, but we're talking about horror and metal, I just finished editing this:

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5776 3 years ago

Hope everyone had fun this weekend with Elvira!

image1.jpegimage1.jpeg
#5777 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And yeah... I am lucky I already got through Manos... what a turd. But, kudos to the guy for making a film. I tried and wasted 15k of my own money... Maybe a bit more. So hats off to him.

I think I've seen Manos around ten times since the 90's between the MST3K, Elvira, and live rifftrax show version. Only watched it once without any moral comedy support though.

#5778 3 years ago

Literally had a amazing idea .would love to put time warp scene from rocky horror picture show in this game through pinball browser. As one the windows in the house.maybe replace wolf goes too Washington with it.just would be a epic addition to this game.if anyone wants to help pm me and lets do this.

#5779 3 years ago

New Game Code!

V1.01.0 - Nov. 4, 2020
======================

- Added a light show (and shaker motor) to the camper landing sequence
when completing THEY CAME FROM SPACE.
- Boosted up the base value of the WILD MARKET VALUE target from 250k
to 350k.
- Changed the color of the text for the HOUSE PARTY TOTAL to match other
effects during HOUSE PARTY.
- Allow TRALIER TRASH start display effect to interrupt HAUNT COMPLETE
display effect.
- Abort the HAUNT completed lamp effect if the ball is not in the HOUSE
LOCK.
- Added a lamp effect for the MOVIE TRAILER.
- Fixed a bug in the display for WILD MARKET VALUE which would show
INVALID from time to time.
- Added a light show for completing DIRECTOR'S CUT.
- Added sounds for completing DIRECTOR'S CUT.
- Changed the sound for completing a level during DIRECTOR'S CUT.
- Completion effects now run when DIRECTOR'S CUT is completed.
- Drop out of stage 4 level award display effect for DIRECTOR'S CUT as soon
as the popup has finished.
- Added adjustments for HOUSE PARTY scoring.
- Filled out adjustments for HOUSE PARTY scoring when installing for
COMPETITION. The settings are: (100,000/12,500/NO LIMIT).
- Added text to the start display effect for HOUSE PARTY that shows
(somewhat) how the shot value is calculated (it is based on the number
of shots made in the HAUNTS leading up to HOUSE PARTY).
- Blink the window of HOUSE when a HAUNT is running.
- Added a lamp effect for THEY CAME FROM SPACE keep shooting.
- Added sounds and speech for THEY CAME FROM SPACE keep shooting.
- Added a video clip to THEY CAME FROM SPACE keep shooting display effect.
- Cleaned up THEY CAME FROM SPACE keep shooting display effect (changed the
text size, played for longer, blink text).
- Fixed blinking text for GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL start and PHONE-A-FIEND
MULTIBALL start so the effect ends with the text on the display (instead
of blank).
- Boost up stinger sounds for THE MANSTER so they are louder.
- Darken GI for WILD MARKET VALUE award.
- Added lamp effects, sounds, and speech for WILD MARKET VALUE start and
award.
- Added more speech to THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON.
- Re-processed some Elvira VO and MARGE speech so it is clearer.
- Fixed THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON phase 1 attack sequence clips that were
always repeating the woman at the gas pump instead of cycling through the
entire set (gas pump, running away, door, etc.).
- Changed the scoring for the attack sequence during THE WEREWOLF OF
WASHINGTON so the scores during the sequence ramp up more quickly (i.e.
non-linearly).
- Fixed some issues with the attract mode that would cause the game to
reset sometimes.
- Fixed an issue with the TOPPER and the INTERLOCK switch where the lights
for the TOPPER would remain OFF after closing the coin door.
- Added additional scream sounds to the TOPPER scream.

#5780 3 years ago

** Duplicate info deleted **

#5781 3 years ago

Some nice clean up code here ...

#5782 3 years ago

- Added additional scream sounds to the TOPPER scream.

Nice, looking forward to more variety in my screams. Gets repetitive to hear the exact same scream everytime it goes off.

#5784 3 years ago

The only thing I was looking for was a way to turn off the end of game trailer. Hopefully adjustments to that are coming soon.

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from cistearns:

The only thing I was looking for was a way to turn off the end of game trailer. Hopefully adjustments to that are coming soon.

I was thinking the same. Maybe you could hit both flippers to advance.

#5786 3 years ago
Quoted from cistearns:

The only thing I was looking for was a way to turn off the end of game trailer.

You can hit the start button and it will cancel the trailer! Of course, you then have to play another game...vicious cycle.

#5787 3 years ago

cellardevice lockup error. can anyone help me out with this , Thanks

#5788 3 years ago

Is the ramp stuck at all? Motor functioning ok? Lift up the playfield and reseat connections. If the ramp is out of alignment and rubbing the sides you may need to disassemble and install washers.

Quoted from simpswho:

cellardevice lockup error. can anyone help me out with this , Thanks

#5789 3 years ago

Hi thanks for your information.evrything seems to be working but it fails to eject ball from under ramp

#5790 3 years ago

The problem happens when backdoor shot is made ramp raises and you con see the ball back there. it come out in everyother mode ?

#5791 3 years ago

That’s odd...I’ve never had that problem

Quoted from simpswho:

The problem happens when backdoor shot is made ramp raises and you con see the ball back there. it come out in everyother mode ?

#5792 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

You can hit the start button and it will cancel the trailer! Of course, you then have to play another game...vicious cycle.

hitting both flippers after the countdown cancels it, as well

#5793 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

hitting both flippers after the countdown cancels it, as well

Wow! Didn't know you had to wait for countdown. Thanks

#5794 3 years ago

Anyone with the Stern topper know how long the top is supposed to stay flipped open when it triggers? Mine is lightning quick up/down such that I never see the Elvira image under the crypt lid. Even in topper test it raises and immediately flips back down.

#5795 3 years ago

Has anyone had a problem where you hit the house, registers the hit but will not start a mode? Meaning I can hit the center ramp and open the house but when I hit it the next time to start a mode it doesn't start. Seems like it doesn't catch the ball so it will not start the mode but I could be wrong?

#5796 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone with the Stern topper know how long the top is supposed to stay flipped open when it triggers? Mine is lightning quick up/down such that I never see the Elvira image under the crypt lid. Even in topper test it raises and immediately flips back down.

Mine stays flipped up the entire time Elvira screams.

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

What about in test mode via the service menu?

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Same here Vitty - hope this helps.

#5799 3 years ago

Thanks guys mine doesn’t seem to be operating correctly.

#5800 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

What about in test mode via the service menu?

Yep, stays up during the entire scream while in service mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/116?hl=rivv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.