20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 360.
#5701 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

This is now the longest I’ve ever kept a game and she’s not going anywhere.

Knowing your history Coast, that’s indeed quite the feat!
Must feel like what 2020 feels like for the rest of us.........an eternity!

#5702 3 years ago

Ok everyone my ball are getting stuck in the garage. What is causing this.i just put a Playfield protector on and it worked before I installed the protector. My ball stay at white post that goes up and down and it won't lower to let my balls come back down.it registers them but will not return them

#5703 3 years ago

Maybe the protector is against the up post?

#5704 3 years ago

I checked that first and it's not touching the post at all.

#5705 3 years ago

Solved:I just fixed it and quick tip if you ever disassemble your ehoh.on the left ramp there are 2 retainer nuts on the bottom of the metal left ramp. When you go to put it back on.make sure you dont snug them down.just barely tight bc if it's too tight like in my case the balls will not be able to get out of the garage kickout in the left orbit

#5706 3 years ago

Question for those who have take the pin apart for custom powder coating. We are getting ready to do some custom powder coating and I would like to do the hinges to that hold the back box. But one on the screws / nuts on the right side is behind the power supply box. I don't feel to good about taking that apart. For those who have done it, how hard is it to take it apart and put everything back together again?
Thanks

#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Question for those who have take the pin apart for custom powder coating. We are getting ready to do some custom powder coating and I would like to do the hinges to that hold the back box. But one on the screws / nuts on the right side is behind the power supply box. I don't feel to good about taking that apart. For those who have done it, how hard is it to take it apart and put everything back together again?
Thanks

Very simple. Two screws hold the metal cover on I believe. Take them off and the cover comes right off. Then you have easy access to the nut holding the hinge on.

#5708 3 years ago

Anyone else think it’s kind of a drag when you complete all the shots in ‘Directors cut’ and nothing happens? Has it just not been coded yet? Also...I think that the B movie trailer should only play at the end of a game where you actually got to Directors cut. Then it’s kind of a treat for a game well played. Otherwise it’s just kinda cheap.

#5709 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think that the B movie trailer should only play at the end of a game where you actually got to Directors cut. Then it’s kind of a treat for a game well played.

I love the idea of the B-movie trailer at the end of the game. However, I agree that it shouldn’t play after every game. I think it should tie to a certain level of progress and/or maybe absolute failure.

#5710 3 years ago

It only really makes sense for the trailer to play if youve reached ‘Director's cut’ as that mode is essentially the player hitting shots to print the captured footage onto the ‘B reel’ I think the mode ought to continue past the four series of shots and that the length of the trailer should be solely based on your progress in that mode only. I’m actually surprised that it plays at the end of every game. I’m sure Lyman will fix this at some point. It’s a cool feature but it just doesn’t feel special if you can play a wack game and get it every time.

Quoted from Krupps4:

I love the idea of the B-movie trailer at the end of the game. However, I agree that it shouldn’t play after every game. I think it should tie to a certain level of progress and/or maybe absolute failure.

#5711 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It only really makes sense for the trailer to play if youve reached ‘Director's cut’ as that mode is essentially the player hitting shots to print the captured footage onto the ‘B reel’ I think the mode ought to continue past the four series of shots and that the length of the trailer should be solely based on your progress in that mode only. I’m actually surprised that it plays at the end of every game. I’m sure Lyman will fix this at some point. It’s a cool feature but it just doesn’t feel special if you can play a wack game and get it every time.

Agree maybe make it slightly more random, or once every few games - or during an abject failure! The comments when you suck are the best. That said, making it to director’s Cut IMO should absolutely not be a prerequisite.

#5712 3 years ago

But how is there a trailer if the player has not printed a B reel in ‘Directors Cut’? It’s not congruent with the rules of the game for there to be a trailer if the player has not progressed as far as to make one in Directors Cut.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Agree maybe make it slightly more random, or once every few games - or during an abject failure! The comments when you suck are the best. That said, making it to director’s Cut IMO should absolutely not be a prerequisite.

#5713 3 years ago

I’m not a good enough player to always reach Director’s Cut. :/

I *love* the customized trailers at the end of the game ... leave them as they are!

#5714 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone else think it’s kind of a drag when you complete all the shots in ‘Directors cut’ and nothing happens? Has it just not been coded yet? Also...I think that the B movie trailer should only play at the end of a game where you actually got to Directors cut. Then it’s kind of a treat for a game well played. Otherwise it’s just kinda cheap.

Quoted from Krupps4:

Quoted from jfh:

I *love* the customized trailers at the end of the game ... leave them as they are!

Given the variety of opinions on when to play the trailers, just make it an adjustment. After achieving Director's Cut only or after a certain percentage (adjustable from 0-100%) of games. Like a match feature.

0% could be only after achieving Director's Cut.

#5715 3 years ago

No one is a good enough player to hit directors cut every time...but that’s what will make the trailer special (also, again...the fact that a trailer exists only makes sense if you play directors cut, that’s just facts)

Quoted from jfh:

#5716 3 years ago

This is a quality option

Quoted from RobertWinter:

Given the variety of opinions on when to play the trailers, just make it an adjustment. After achieving Director's Cut only or after a certain percentage (adjustable from 0-100%) of games. Like a match feature.
0% could be only after achieving Director's Cut.

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Very simple. Two screws hold the metal cover on I believe. Take them off and the cover comes right off. Then you have easy access to the nut holding the hinge on.

Thanks. Will give it a shot.

#5718 3 years ago

just got back to my HoH after not playing her for months, wow, what an incredibly polished experience.

and the "make your own trailer" thing at the end is quite the cherry on top.

#5719 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

But how is there a trailer if the player has not printed a B reel in ‘Directors Cut’? It’s not congruent with the rules of the game for there to be a trailer if the player has not progressed as far as to make one in Directors Cut.

I hear you - but IMO that's not really the rules of the game so much as a decision based on the specific term "Director's Cut". I mean it's not even actually part of the game itself, so really who cares. But I do like it that it's one more thing that feels like Movie Macabre, even though there's really nothing like it in that show

#5720 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

...but that’s what will make the trailer special (also, again...the fact that a trailer exists only makes sense if you play directors cut, that’s just facts)

Disagree. But you're entitled to your opinion, even when it's wrong.

#5721 3 years ago

Happy to hear how I’m wrong. Lmk.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Disagree. But you're entitled to your opinion, even when it's wrong.

#5722 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Happy to hear how I’m wrong. Lmk.

Ok I guess LMK= let me know. From what I can gather your opinion that % of directors cuts should be adjustable by end user is wrong. Listen, its 2020 and we must accept all rules,regulations, and even "code" that is supplied to us by our leaders!

#5723 3 years ago

Hahaha nooo, I think that the game should not play a personalized trailer if you have not made one in game by playing the ‘directors cut’ mode in which you assemble the collected goons and print them onto the trailer reel. That’s the entire point of the mode...why try to get to it if you get the trailer for free regardless of your success? Everything good in life requires work. No free trailers. That’s my platform haha.

Quoted from Wake2wood:

Ok I guess LMK= let me know. From what I can gather your opinion that % of directors cuts should be adjustable by end user is wrong. Listen, its 2020 and we must accept all rules,regulations, and even "code" that is supplied to us by our leaders!

#5724 3 years ago

35C81D80-576E-4E75-BE3D-1E5750A47AFB (resized).jpeg35C81D80-576E-4E75-BE3D-1E5750A47AFB (resized).jpeg18332DCF-BFC7-40B9-B1FB-4DCB3508FE7B (resized).jpeg18332DCF-BFC7-40B9-B1FB-4DCB3508FE7B (resized).jpeg2D013D19-FE60-4C86-B853-8606CAABA481 (resized).jpeg2D013D19-FE60-4C86-B853-8606CAABA481 (resized).jpeg

I did green plastics from Germany and purple lower plastics from Pinball Life.
9F8BFDB7-1B70-499F-A86F-31138FB4D8F9 (resized).jpeg9F8BFDB7-1B70-499F-A86F-31138FB4D8F9 (resized).jpegD0E74305-3604-47D5-A704-8D37B78EE2DD (resized).jpegD0E74305-3604-47D5-A704-8D37B78EE2DD (resized).jpeg
7860531A-5605-444A-955E-3F8FA56B9535 (resized).jpeg7860531A-5605-444A-955E-3F8FA56B9535 (resized).jpeg

D1D19B64-276F-456A-85C4-A7EE97225C70 (resized).jpegD1D19B64-276F-456A-85C4-A7EE97225C70 (resized).jpegA56C1FB9-B585-4926-986E-17433E0FFDC3 (resized).jpegA56C1FB9-B585-4926-986E-17433E0FFDC3 (resized).jpeg
#5725 3 years ago

I just added PSW10 sub and Pinnovator's sub junction. Worth the $120 and $35.

#5726 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just added PSW10 sub and Pinnovator's sub junction. Worth the $120 and $35.

Me too, sounds great. I did buy a klipsch on prime days last week, it was $70 more than the polks I use. But it definitely sounds better. Crazy on bksor!

#5727 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did green plastics from Germany and purple lower plastics from Pinball Life.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Say, what's with the foam behind the house? Is that for noise reduction, or was it just to keep from dropping parts back there when you were disassembling?

#5728 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Me too, sounds great. I did buy a klipsch on prime days last week, it was $70 more than the polks I use. But it definitely sounds better. Crazy on bksor!

I have a Yamaha sub sharing my GB and AS and I agree a more expensive sub is better. But the Polk is good enough
..not bad for the money

#5729 3 years ago

I was lazy on the pictures but my topper came. Over priced yes but it’s pretty cool and I couldn’t not have it sadly. Sorry I’m part of the problem I’ll totally admit it lol

36C534E2-5639-41A4-B445-21E6986D34FF (resized).jpeg36C534E2-5639-41A4-B445-21E6986D34FF (resized).jpeg6D3E1864-613E-4AD9-AD0D-0444FEBDEACF (resized).jpeg6D3E1864-613E-4AD9-AD0D-0444FEBDEACF (resized).jpeg
#5730 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I was lazy on the pictures but my topper came. Over priced yes but it’s pretty cool and I couldn’t not have it sadly. Sorry I’m part of the problem I’ll totally admit it lol

How is that Avengers compared to Elvira? I was considering buying one but wasn’t blown away by the gameplay I’ve seen on the net. I know the code is young but flow seems a little off to me.

#5731 3 years ago

I feel exactly the same. Overpriced but, I had to have it on my game.
I do like it.

#5732 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Say, what's with the foam behind the house? Is that for noise reduction, or was it just to keep from dropping parts back there when you were disassembling?

I disassembled the house and kept it in place when working on some things. Good catch.

#5733 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

How is that Avengers compared to Elvira? I was considering buying one but wasn’t blown away by the gameplay I’ve seen on the net. I know the code is young but flow seems a little off to me.

I have both. Actually Avengers is one of the funnest shooting pins I’ve ever played. The shots are smooth and lots of great ones. I enjoy it a lot.

#5734 3 years ago

I love how your playfield is lit in what appears to be purple or uv light. Pinstadiums I assume? If so, what type of light/which model if I may ask? Thinking about adding that to my Elvira HoH when it arrives. Thx!

#5735 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I feel exactly the same. Overpriced but, I had to have it on my game.
I do like it.

Add me to the list too. Its cool, but no bksor!

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I have both. Actually Avengers is one of the funnest shooting pins I’ve ever played. The shots are smooth and lots of great ones. I enjoy it a lot.

Couldn’t agree more. I have both too, can’t go wrong with either, both a great games.

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Pinstadiums would ruin the lighting effects in EHOH in my opinion.
Rob

I have them in there set at 15% strength and UV flashers hooked to the shaker. Just enough to see the artwork better during game play and a little more light show with the shaker flashers, but mostly unnecessary with this game.

#5738 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

How is that Avengers compared to Elvira? I was considering buying one but wasn’t blown away by the gameplay I’ve seen on the net.

AIQ has the shots-it’s Elwin- maybe the deep rules that some seem to want most.
But Elvira has the shots and the charm with Cassandra, Lymans code, callouts, music - basically full assets -with HUMOR working together with the theme. One of the most balanced lcd era Sterns I’ve experienced.

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

But Elvira has the shots and the charm with Cassandra, Lymans code, callouts, music - basically full assets -with HUMOR working together with the theme. One of the most balanced lcd era Sterns I’ve experienced.

This is true. Look at the EHOH thread and all the gushing every time Lyman releases an update. That game got updated 10 times at least in the past year, and the original release code that was streamed bears no resemblance to the current game. Plus the house is really cool.

#5740 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

At the end of the day, EHoH is just plain old fun and that’s what is most important. Everyone that has played mine has had a great time and a smile on their face. That goes for people that could care less about Elvira as a theme as well. I mean, I fall into that camp. I could care less about Elvira and never thought I’d own one when it was released. I’m as surprised as the next guy. It’s really one of the best pins I’ve ever played for all the reasons listed.

#5741 3 years ago

Last night playing it had us walking the Torgo walk.

#5742 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

At the end of the day, EHoH is just plain old fun and that’s what is most important. Everyone that has played mine has had a great time and a smile on their face. That goes for people that could care less about Elvira as a theme as well. I mean, I fall into that camp. I could care less about Elvira and never thought I’d own one when it was released. I’m as surprised as the next guy. It’s really one of the best pins I’ve ever played for all the reasons listed.

No question, they hit it out of the ball park with this title and to be honest in the beginning I was like good lord another Elvira title. Well I have been eating crow since June 2020 when I purchased mine.

#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

No question, they hit it out of the ball park with this title and to be honest in the beginning I was like good lord another Elvira title. Well I have been eating crow since June 2020 when I purchased mine.

Between the early code and thinking "another Elvira game", I couldn't get over the how empty the game is. I mean, it sits between X-Men LE and Dialed In and with the lights on it IS honestly missing a lot comparably. Sheets showed his love of the old movies and came through on code though so much that I never even notice the boring layout when I play it. The light show is great and it shoots smooth.

#5744 3 years ago

I don’t feel like this game is bare at all. It is just well designed. An entire house toy with interactive windows, Three mechanical ball locks, two target banks, three ramps w/ one that lifts to reveal a scoop. Bash gargoyles etc etc...what else would you even put in the game short of monsters that pop out of the playfield a la MM. I never hear people complain about AFM being bare...EHOH has a similar layout and has managed to pack an assload of features while maintaining an open center playfield. Game shoots like BUTTER and is coded to the gills as well. It’s above and beyond the best recent Stern...IMDN is equally great and DP gets honorable mention.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Between the early code and thinking "another Elvira game", I couldn't get over the how empty the game is. I mean, it sits between X-Men LE and Dialed In and with the lights on it IS honestly missing a lot comparably. Sheets showed his love of the old movies and came through on code though so much that I never even notice the boring layout when I play it. The light show is great and it shoots smooth.

#5745 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I really don't agree - there's not a lot in the middle of the playfield, true - but there are a LOT of mechs in the game. The house, the multi-stage crypt, the trunk, the diverters, 2 big ramps... it's pretty packed. It is just packed to the back of the game. Same as Hobbit, same as Multimorphic's games. But this game proves that layout complaint is bogus.

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Three mechanical ball locks

Actually you can lock/stage balls in 5 places. Not to many games can do that.

Garage can hold 3 balls
Trunck can hold 2 balls
House cellar can hold 1 ball
House first floor can hold 1 ball
Crypt VUK can hold 1 ball

All those areas are used to great effect with the Gappa Angry mode. Although the center of the playfield is mostly open there is quite a bit of mechanical interaction with the ball in other areas of the playfield. They packed a lot of mechs into the game which is probably why there isnt a pro version since the game would definitely suffer if they removed any of them.

#5747 3 years ago

Ahhhh yeah...didn’t think about the basement and crypt as ball locks but that’s absolutely true for Gappa

Quoted from docquest:

Actually you can lock/stage balls in 5 places. Not to many games can do that.
Garage can hold 3 balls
Trunck can hold 2 balls
House cellar can hold 1 ball
House first floor can hold 1 ball
Crypt VUK can hold 1 ball
All those areas are used to great effect with the Gappa Angry mode. Although the center of the playfield is mostly open there is quite a bit of mechanical interaction with the ball in other areas of the playfield. They packed a lot of mechs into the game which is probably why there isnt a pro version since the game would definitely suffer if they removed any of them.

#5748 3 years ago

I finally broke the 1 Billion barrier today and saw things I had never seen before.

Finished three Dead Heads so I got to battle the boss Dead Head. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen him yet. Very fitting to say the least.

They Came From Beyond Space was a lot of fun and had a great intro sequence. The intro took me off guard as I wasn't expecting it.

Was one shot away from completing Gappa Angry so I had to settle for Scream Test, which was new for me to play. The topper gets quite a workout during this mode for anyone wondering about topper integration.

I still haven't played Run For Your Life, Phone A Fiend or sold the house yet. Looking forward to getting there someday.
20201031_130226.jpg20201031_130226.jpg

#5749 3 years ago

Hi all
I just put a deposit on a premium which is due to arrive next year. Is there any ‘must have’ mods that are needed on this machine?
TIA,

#5750 3 years ago
Quoted from larkin90:

Hi all
[Are] there any ‘must have’ mods that are needed on this machine?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

Absolutely must have the casket and gargoyle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/115?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.