IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 362.
#5651 3 years ago

Put up a screaming hot one yesterday. Anyone else break 2 bil yet? I had Scream test (Gappa) All garage multis, house party, They came from space, completed 6 haunts, Directors cut...played one extra ball. didn’t get phone a friend, defeat the clown deadhead or get the Gappa six ball this game. It’s nearly impossible to complete everything in one game. But it’s fun to try! Oh and before anyone asks...normal tilt, glass on

35A3EC2A-33E6-4699-867E-4D7D59F6FF9E (resized).jpeg35A3EC2A-33E6-4699-867E-4D7D59F6FF9E (resized).jpeg
#5652 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Put up a screaming hot one yesterday. Anyone else break 2 bil yet? I had Scream test (Gappa) All garage multis, house party, They came from space, completed 6 haunts, Directors cut...played one extra ball. didn’t get phone a friend, defeat the clown deadhead or get the Gappa six ball this game. It’s nearly impossible to complete everything in one game. But it’s fun to try! Oh and before anyone asks...normal tilt, glass on
[quoted image]

I hit 2.4 billion last night on stream. Even sold the house. Your game is more impressive, though. Good going!

#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I hit 2.4 billion last night on stream. Even sold the house. Your game is more impressive, though. Good going!

What happens when you sell the house?

#5654 3 years ago

I think I want a Gappa Angry t-shirt.

Rob

#5655 3 years ago

Nice! What the requirements for flipping the house? Do you have to save Elvira in ‘They came from space’?

Quoted from SKWilson:

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

Quoted from SKWilson:

You guys got me motivated to install the new update and see if I can crack 2 billion. Good scores

#5657 3 years ago

Game actually scores lower now in some areas of gameplay. House party jackpots arent 750k anymore...I think it’s 150k + percentage based on completed haunts.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

You guys got me motivated to install the new update and see if I can crack 2 billion. Good scores

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What happens when you sell the house?

You get points! Shoot the cellar to start the hurry-up. Shoot the Wild Market Value target to collect. It counts down fast! I started the hurry-up, then started Double Trouble before collecting.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nice! What the requirements for flipping the house? Do you have to save Elvira in ‘They came from space’?

You have to:
1. Start Phone-a-Fiend multiball
2. Start Attic Attack multiball
3. Start They Came from Space
4. Start Gar-goils Gone Wild
5. Start Gappa Angry
6. Start Director's Cut
7. Banish Creepo the Clown

Once you've accomplished those, the cellar lights to start the hurry-up.

#5659 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Game actually scores lower now in some areas of gameplay. House party jackpots arent 750k anymore...I think it’s 150k + percentage based on completed haunts.

It's 100k + 25k per haunt shot leading up to House Party.

#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You get points! Shoot the cellar to start the hurry-up. Shoot the Wild Market Value target to collect. It counts down fast! I started the hurry-up, then started Double Trouble before collecting.

You have to:
1. Start Phone-a-Fiend multiball
2. Start Attic Attack multiball
3. Start They Came from Space
4. Start Gar-goils Gone Wild
5. Start Gappa Angry
6. Start Director's Cut
7. Banish Creepo the Clown
Once you've accomplished those, the cellar lights to start the hurry-up.

Does the game “finish” for lack of a better term, when you sell the house? Or is it just a big bunch of points and a callout?

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does the game “finish” for lack of a better term, when you sell the house? Or is it just a big bunch of points and a callout?

There isn't as big of a fanfare as I would have hoped for. You just keep playing.

#5662 3 years ago

my left ramp exit opto is out and i have been waiting on parts. is there a way in the software to tell it to ignore that and award the ramp based on other switches? i havnt even played it for over a month because why bother when you cant actually complete a single mode.

#5663 3 years ago

Have you tried realigning the opto or swabbing it with a Qtip?

Quoted from Syco54645:

my left ramp exit opto is out and i have been waiting on parts. is there a way in the software to tell it to ignore that and award the ramp based on other switches? i havnt even played it for over a month because why bother when you cant actually complete a single mode.

#5664 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Have you tried realigning the opto or swabbing it with a Qtip?

The receiver is dead. The red led doesn't light. It was installed without the spacer so it shorted out on the bracket.

#5665 3 years ago

Ohhhh that’s laaaame

Quoted from Syco54645:

The receiver is dead. The red led doesn't light. It was installed without the spacer so it shorted out on the bracket.

#5666 3 years ago

Has anyone upgraded their Prem backbox speakers to the larger LE type? Does it really make a huge difference? My speakers sound a bit muddy so I would probably change them if the difference were night and day.

#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Has anyone upgraded their Prem backbox speakers to the larger LE type? Does it really make a huge difference? My speakers sound a bit muddy so I would probably change them if the difference were night and day.

It's a toss up for me. Much more bass in the 4ohm speakers but you have to crank it up to 40+ and the treble doesn't balance out completely. The upgraded subwoofer is a must though.

#5668 3 years ago

Not so much concerned with bass as I am with overall clarity.

Quoted from javagrind888:

It's a toss up for me. Much more bass in the 4ohm speakers but you have to crank it up to 40+ and the treble doesn't balance out completely. The upgraded subwoofer is a must though.

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The premium speakers are fine then. Would still get the sub. It's super cheap and adds so much like feeling the lightning strikes in the game.

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I put Kenwood speakers in back box. Helped a bunch but not as good as pinwoofers. Need more more to get more clarity. On music pins I use pinwoofer, ehoh, Kenwood were enuf

#5671 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201023-072453_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201023-072453_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#5672 3 years ago

These are pretty much what comes in l e games

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Have you played around with the equalizer in the settings to see what sounds best to your ears?

#5674 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Get the kit from Dan at PinWoofer, and you'll be happy you did!

#5675 3 years ago

The premium speakers are fine then. Would still get the sub. It's super cheap and adds so much like feeling the lightning strikes in the game.

This. The sub will allow you to turn down the backbox speakers and divert more bass power away from them, which will make them more clear

#5676 3 years ago

Where do you get the sub? Any preference?

#5677 3 years ago

I havnt...I honestly didn’t even know you could do that. Music and effects sound nice but Elviras intros / outros sound muddy to me. Maybe it’s just the way it was recorded.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Have you played around with the equalizer in the settings to see what sounds best to your ears?

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I havnt...I honestly didn’t even know you could do that. Music and effects sound nice but Elviras intros / outros sound muddy to me. Maybe it’s just the way it was recorded.

The 4 ohm speakers make her more 'muddy' in my opinion. They make all the other effects better though.

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does the game “finish” for lack of a better term, when you sell the house?

Quoted from SKWilson:

There isn't as big of a fanfare as I would have hoped for.

When the house sells, I think it should show Elvira celebrating by doing her "tassel twirl" on the display.

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

When the house sells, I think it should show Elvira celebrating by doing her "tassel twirl" on the display.

Pinball Browser... Mistress of the Dark has the perfect clip

#5681 3 years ago

Best I could do today ...

IMG_2545 (resized).jpegIMG_2545 (resized).jpeg
#5682 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pinball Browser... Mistress of the Dark has the perfect clip

Pinball Browser won’t help unless there is an existing clip to replace.

#5683 3 years ago

Saw the 1988 "Elvira Mistress if the Dark" movie this week for the first time in a while. I totally forgot that during the montage scene where the neighborhood kids fix up her house they play the song "Shout".

Nice nod to the film to include the "house fixing party" song from the movie during the "house party" multiball in the game.

The movie on again tonight on AMC at 830pm and it's also available to stream for free anytime if you are an Amazon prime or Hulu member.

#5684 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

Looking for some help....I got a topper and just installed it tonight. All the lights seem to be working but the opening part doesn't seem to do anything. We played a few test games and got multiball but it didn't open like I thought it would. After the game I went into the topper in game features (while holding down the 48v button), I press the select button to cycle between open and closed but nothing happens. The first few times it made a very faint knocking sound but now nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Following. This has been my experience too. Anyone else?

I have the same problem. Sometimes the red and green lights are on in attract mode and sometimes just white and sometimes nothing. I find that odd. My pop feature tests and pops but it’s never done anything in a game. Definitely connected correctly. I am thinking there are code issues if multiple people have the same problem. I’ll set to 100 and see if that does anything.

#5685 3 years ago

Ok so I tried setting my scream value for the topper to 100 percent. The topper finally did pop open once during two of three multiballs. So it appears to work but not very much. Code issues? They don’t describe anywhere what the topper is supposed to do so all I’ve seen is Zach’s You Tube unboxing video.

#5686 3 years ago

Well, not as good as a few guys here, but I'm pretty happy. 1.26 Billion (first time over a billion) .... Completed Gappa Angry and finished the house in the same game which is pretty unusual for me. What a blast! This game is amazingly fun to play! lol

#5687 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pinball Browser won’t help unless there is an existing clip to replace.

Aah.. you’re right

#5688 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Saw the 1988 "Elvira Mistress if the Dark" movie this week for the first time in a while. I totally forgot that during the montage scene where the neighborhood kids fix up her house they play the song "Shout".
Nice nod to the film to include the "house fixing party" song from the movie during the "house party" multiball in the game.
The movie on again tonight on AMC at 830pm and it's also available to stream for free anytime if you are an Amazon prime or Hulu member.

What! I’ve watched that movie numerous times and never picked up on that. Cool

#5689 3 years ago

qustion for you all ? There is a huant meter on the left side of screen ,mine never moves from zero , even when huant completerd . Is this right or should the meter change. Thanks for any heip here.

#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

qustion for you all ? There is a huant meter on the left side of screen ,mine never moves from zero , even when huant completerd . Is this right or should the meter change. Thanks for any heip here.

I think you're referring to the "Haunt-O-Meter." ??? That's not a zero. It is the film that runs across the bottom of the screen. As you make shots, the film clips go back to the film. The number of shots (clips) required is on the right film canister.

#5691 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Well, not as good as a few guys here, but I'm pretty happy. 1.26 Billion (first time over a billion) .... Completed Gappa Angry and finished the house in the same game which is pretty unusual for me. What a blast! This game is amazingly fun to play! lol

I'm not yet a member of the 1B+ club, but I did manage to put up my best score today. Can't manage to get past Make Out Mayhem during Gappa Angry, but I did start Director's Cut for the first time.

This game continues to surprise me with how deep it is. LOVE IT!

20201024_160900.jpg20201024_160900.jpg
#5692 3 years ago

Its so awesome!! Got my topper last nite, hooked up this morn. Pretty good, its no black knight, but does complete the game. My opinion

#5693 3 years ago

Has anyone changed out these frosted bulbs, even with Pin Stadiums still seems a little dark compared to some of my other pins!? If so, how do they look and did you stick with uni-white or.....

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its so awesome!! Got my topper last nite, hooked up this morn. Pretty good, its no black night, but does complete the game. My opinion

I agree it definitely looks good...I would probably have one if it wasn’t made of gold.

#5695 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I agree it definitely looks good...I would probably have one if it wasn’t made of gold.

Well, as in the price of gold, these too will appreciate over time. I think

#5696 3 years ago

Doesn't matter to me tho, I just like it!!!

#5697 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Has anyone changed out these frosted bulbs, even with Pin Stadiums still seems a little dark compared to some of my other pins!? If so, how do they look and did you stick with uni-white or.....

Pinstadiums would ruin the lighting effects in EHOH in my opinion.

Rob

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, as in the price of gold, these too will appreciate over time. I think

Totally agree with this. I’ve been following topper prices since I joined the hobby. I have yet to find an original topper that has not maintained or appreciated in price. I know some hate the ridiculous prices and say that those of us that still buy them make it worse. Probably yes and no. However I got into this hobby for pure fun and certainly not to save money. It’s by far the most expensive hobby I’ve ever had. None of it is inexpensive. For me, I like to have everything for my pins and I like that the Stern toppers are interactive with the game. They add enough for me that they are personally worth it. And I know I can sell most of them years down the road. Toppers in fact seem to hold their price better than the pins themselves.

#5699 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Pinstadiums would ruin the lighting effects in EHOH in my opinion.
Rob

I agree. The pin is dark though so I have pinstadiums in my EHOH but I have the level set to 35%. It adds enough light to make the pin easily visible but is dark enough that all the light effects still look great.

#5700 3 years ago

Finally playing the new code after a long week at work. This game is off the charts fun. This is now the longest I’ve ever kept a game and she’s not going anywhere. Over a year old now!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/114?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.