IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 363.
#5602 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

When updating code from v.99 to v1.0 do you select ‘quick update’ or ‘full update’ ?

We did the "full". We still don't know that the difference between "quick" and "full" is.

#5603 3 years ago

Quick will retain your settings and scores, I believe full wipes that all back to defaults.

#5604 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Quick will retain your settings and scores, I believe full wipes that all back to defaults.

I hear it's quicker too.

#5605 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

When updating code from v.99 to v1.0 do you select ‘quick update’ or ‘full update’ ?

always choose quick unless you have a specific reason to choose full.

#5606 3 years ago

I used "full" and all previous settings and Highscore are still there But it took a while....

#5607 3 years ago

B Movie Trailer feat is super cool! I got “Manos 3: Thumb of Rage” on a 1,286,355,950 game!

8F45D6BB-21FB-4642-A113-81AEBBA4576E (resized).jpeg8F45D6BB-21FB-4642-A113-81AEBBA4576E (resized).jpeg
#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Full doesn't wipe the settings and scores - at least this recent one didn't. The only difference is that the Quick only updates the changed bits, and doesn't do a full bit-by-bit check of the existing and updated code, whereas the Full overwrites all the game code and does a check.

#5609 3 years ago

anyone else noticing the deadhead crypt not always finding the right position?

Mine always seems to go the wrong way first and then its okay. With the new update it loses position a lot more. Just curious if this is normal and if not what to try to fix it.

#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

anyone else noticing the deadhead crypt not always finding the right position?
Mine always seems to go the wrong way first and then its okay. With the new update it loses position a lot more. Just curious if this is normal and if not what to try to fix it.

Go into the game specific diagnostics for the crypt and make sure all 3 opto switches are working. The motor position may need to be adjusted if the scoop isn't moving far enough up or down so the optos can all open and close depending on position.

Rob

#5611 3 years ago

Looking for some help....I got a topper and just installed it tonight. All the lights seem to be working but the opening part doesn't seem to do anything. We played a few test games and got multiball but it didn't open like I thought it would. After the game I went into the topper in game features (while holding down the 48v button), I press the select button to cycle between open and closed but nothing happens. The first few times it made a very faint knocking sound but now nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks!

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

Looking for some help....I got a topper and just installed it tonight. All the lights seem to be working but the opening part doesn't seem to do anything. We played a few test games and got multiball but it didn't open like I thought it would. After the game I went into the topper in game features (while holding down the 48v button), I press the select button to cycle between open and closed but nothing happens. The first few times it made a very faint knocking sound but now nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks!

You don't have to hold it in, you can pull it out too.

Rob

#5613 3 years ago

I know some may disagree but I would love to add some true classic horror films via pinball browser on this game.titles such as hellraiser, Halloween, candyman, phantasm, ect... have never used it before but man it would completely be a game changer for this already amazing game.i dont know if you could edit the elvira in screen videos but seems very possible. Let me know what everyone thinks and I may just try too tackle this for all interested

#5614 3 years ago

quick verified.

#5615 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Go into the game specific diagnostics for the crypt and make sure all 3 opto switches are working. The motor position may need to be adjusted if the scoop isn't moving far enough up or down so the optos can all open and close depending on position.
Rob

Hmmm. They all work in test though not as well as I would like. I'm guessing an ever so slight adjustment may fix. Need to figure out how to do a slight tweak.

#5616 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I would love to add some true classic horror films via pinball browser on this game.titles such as hellraiser, Halloween, candyman, phantasm, ect..

Now I feel real old. When you said "true classic horror" I'm thinking Karkoff's Frankenstein, Lugosi's Dracula, and Chaney's Wolfman. All the movies you mentioned came out when I was growing up so I consider them "modern" horror, LOL.

#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

Thanks!

You running the latest 1.0 code?

Does the center portion of the topper open and close freely if you move it with your hand?

#5618 3 years ago

I know some may disagree but I would love to add some true classic horror films via pinball browser on this game.titles such as hellraiser, Halloween, candyman, phantasm, ect... have never used it before but man it would completely be a game changer for this already amazing game.i dont know if you could edit the elvira in screen videos but seems very possible. Let me know what everyone thinks and I may just try too tackle this for all interested

It’s possible in pinball browser - it’s a LOT of work. Callouts would be the biggest issue, not to mention that those titles are all a little too “A movie” for the Elvira show. Movie Macabre was strictly about low-budget Or public domain films, and therefore low- or no-license fees involved. But anyway yeah it’s possible to do. Pinball Browser has been updated pretty regularly to fix the ongoing Stern encryption applied with each release.

#5619 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

When you said "true classic horror" I'm thinking Karloff's Frankenstein, Lugosi's Dracula, and Chaney's Wolfman. All the movies you mentioned came out when I was growing up so I consider them "modern" horror, LOL.

Same, in fact when I hear "true classic horror" I think of silent films like Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Nosferatu, Vampyr, Chaney Sr.'s Phantom of the Opera, etc. I'm only in my 30's though.

#5620 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Now I feel real old. When you said "true classic horror" I'm thinking Karkoff's Frankenstein, Lugosi's Dracula, and Chaney's Wolfman. All the movies you mentioned came out when I was growing up so I consider them "modern" horror, LOL.

True and I agree about those titles but man wouldnt it be cool with these awesome movies added

#5621 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s possible in pinball browser - it’s a LOT of work. Callouts would be the biggest issue, not to mention that those titles are all a little too “A movie” for the Elvira show. Movie Macabre was strictly about low-budget Or public domain films, and therefore low- or no-license fees involved. But anyway yeah it’s possible to do. Pinball Browser has been updated pretty regularly to fix the ongoing Stern encryption applied with each release.

I agree about movie macabre but just thought it would be awesome to see a couple of other movies added

#5622 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

Thanks!

Following. This has been my experience too. Anyone else?

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Quoted from docquest:

Does the center portion of the topper open and close freely if you move it with your hand?

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm on the new 1.0 code and it lifts freely with my hand, I'd guess it raises to about 60 degrees if that helps.

#5625 3 years ago

I agree about movie macabre but just thought it would be awesome to see a couple of other movies added

Absolutely! You know what... also a lot of work, but - It would be worth looking back at some other Movie Macabre episodes - you could absolutely pull callouts from there too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5626 3 years ago

I am trying to join this Elvira HOH club, it looks awesome, but there is no NIB stock available in Canada, and no used units for sale. All I can to is look for now and hope Stern is making new stock for export.
Anyone with connections with Stern know how production is going.

#5627 3 years ago

EHOH production has been held up since June. Last I heard from my distributor EHOH was supposed to go back on the line in October. That didn’t happen. It’s now pushed back until winter 2021. Something tells me this won’t happen either as there will be a new Stern announcement around xmas...which might be Led Zep. That will take up the line for a long time. If I were to guess I’d say it’s possible that EHOH may never see the line again. I would seek out a low play HUO and have it shipped via STI.

Quoted from Rascal-911:

I am trying to join this Elvira HOH club, it looks awesome, but there is no NIB stock available in Canada, and no used units for sale. All I can to is look for now and hope Stern is making new stock for export.

#5628 3 years ago

Love the table,theme, etc..but that said a classic monsters movie custom mods for the haunts would make for an amazing custom table.
Just looking at the original Univeral Extended universe,

Dracula
Dracula's Daughter
Son of Dracula
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Son of Frankenstein
Wolfman
Frankenstein vs the Wolfman
House of Dracula
House of Frankenstein

thats 10 movies which if you include houseparty sync's up perfectly

#5629 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

EHOH production has been held up since June. Last I heard from my distributor EHOH was supposed to go back on the line in October. That didn’t happen. It’s now pushed back until winter 2021. Something tells me this won’t happen either as there will be a new Stern announcement around xmas...which might be Led Zep. That will take up the line for a long time. If I were to guess I’d say it’s possible that EHOH may never see the line again. I would seek out a low play HUO and have it shipped via STI.

Not sure where you heard that?.... Stern just delivered a bunch to distribs this month.

They are in line to run again but wont deliver until early next year.

#5630 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Love the table,theme, etc..but that said a classic monsters movie custom mods for the haunts would make for an amazing custom table.
Dracula
Dracula's Daughter
Son of Dracula
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Son of Frankenstein
Wolfman
House of Dracula
House of Frankenstein

I absolutely would love to do this on Monster Bash somehow. The ideas are flowing...

#5631 3 years ago

Ahhh cool, I ended up getting one second hand cause I was tired of waiting. Glad to hear there will more available to potential buyers. It’s a top tier game.

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Not sure where you heard that?.... Stern just delivered a bunch to distribs this month.
They are in line to run again but wont deliver until early next year.

#5632 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I ordered one from Player One in early September. ETA at that time was Late November. I'm expecting it to be longer now, but I haven't been told anything different yet.

#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Cointaker Melissa told me (about two weeks ago) another run end of oct early November to ship in November.

#5634 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Cointaker Melissa told me (about two weeks ago) another run end of oct early November to ship in November.

They are still making them... they are however screwing distribs on their allotment so that is an issue.

In other words if a distributor has 5 pre-sold and on order they may only get 2 or 3 which sucks for people waiting on them for two months or whatever.

#5635 3 years ago

But the entire point of Elvira is BAD B List monster movies... That being said I would be ALL IN for a black white Stern Universal Monsters pin though. That would be too amazing. I also want 50’s / 60’s Japanese Godzilla. They would both be so perfect sitting next to EHOH.

Quoted from bloodydrake:

Dracula
Dracula's Daughter
Son of Dracula
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Son of Frankenstein
Wolfman
House of Dracula
House of Frankenstein

#5636 3 years ago

Seems like lots of different info out there. I asked my distributor if I could put down a deposit and he said not until Stern tells him they are actually going to be making them again.

He said likely not till early next year. I am sure if they were being made now he would now that.

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hmmm. They all work in test though not as well as I would like. I'm guessing an ever so slight adjustment may fix. Need to figure out how to do a slight tweak.

Motor position can be altered. Make sure the cutout on the diverter lines up with the motor bracket.

Rob

#5638 3 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I emailed stern about the topper not opening. They said "we are thinking the crypt door might have come dislodged and that is why the crypt door is not functioning". They asked me to send it to them for a warranty repair, you might want to contact them and do the same. Hope this helps....

#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

But the entire point of Elvira is BAD B List monster movies... That being said I would be ALL IN for a black white Stern Universal Monsters pin though. That would be too amazing. I also want 50’s / 60’s Japanese Godzilla. They would both be so perfect sitting next to EHOH.

Lyman would have to code it though, im spoiled and LOVE what hes done with Elvira. Would love to see him do another "inexpensive" license / non licensed game. Seems like they allow for much more creativity.

#5640 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

I emailed stern about the topper not opening. They said "we are thinking the crypt door might have come dislodged and that is why the crypt door is not functioning". They asked me to send it to them for a warranty repair, you might want to contact them and do the same. Hope this helps....

Those w/ new toppers - two quick ones to try before you send it back - or dive deeper:

1. Does the topper light up? (Chk Inputs etc)
2. 1.0 code w/default scream feature changed in settings to 100%?

I’ve been told it will pop up during multiball and in attract.
27B4977B-6310-4DFA-98EC-92AC3B3DA946 (resized).jpeg27B4977B-6310-4DFA-98EC-92AC3B3DA946 (resized).jpeg

#5641 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

You should be able to isolate if it's a mechanical isssue or an electronics issue.

Easiest thing to check first is if the topper node board is being seen. Go to diagnostics menu and then and select "Node" to test the node boards. The topper node board should identify as node board 12. "Accessory topper (operational)". Select the "COMM" test and select node board 12. After you run the test it should say no errors. Then try the "BRD" test and again select node board 12. It should show version 0.64.0 code installed on it.

If node board 12 doesn't show up in those tests then the ethernet cable may not be plugged in or have a bad connector on it. If you have a spare 8 pin ethernet cable you could you could try that to determine if your cable was bad. Its also possible that the dip switches were not set properly on the node board. You would.need tomask.stern what they should be set to. The node board is pretty buried in the back so its not easier to see the dip switches or change them without a lot of disassembly.

You could also check the mechanics the make sure it's all connected properly. The coil to open the topper is under the right gargoil. Remove the two screws behind the right gargoil and the two screws on the top front of the gargoil. Lift up the gargoil and disconnect its connector to remove it. You should now be able to see the coil and linkage. You can manually push the plunger on the coil to verify it opens and closes lid.

#5642 3 years ago

Just joined the club a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying this one. I am pretty sure the likely answer here is play better but does anyone else lose the vast majority of their balls SDTM when exiting the pops past the house? I swear every time it exits past the wild market target it is life or death lol

#5643 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Just joined the club a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying this one. I am pretty sure the likely answer here is play better but does anyone else lose the vast majority of their balls SDTM when exiting the pops past the house? I swear every time it exits past the wild market target it is life or death lol

Same for us if it came out of the pop "softly".

#5644 3 years ago

Needs a little nudge coming out

#5645 3 years ago

Thanks Vino and docquest for the replies about the topper problem. All the lights work and scream option is set to 100. I ran the node test and had no errors and 0.64.0 so that looks good. I think it is a mechanical problem, I did as you suggested and looked under the right gargoyle. The arm slides the whole way in and out of the coil without moving the lid at all, which I assume is not supposed to happen.
I'll let stern fix it. On the bright side I learned a lot from testing today about how the topper works!

#5646 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

The arm slides the whole way in and out of the coil without moving the lid at all, which I assume is not supposed to happen.

If that's what's happening then it might just be a set screw that needs to be tightened.

I took a pic of mine and yo can see there is a black set screw on a collar that fits over the crypt lid shaft. If that collar isnt secured around the shaft then it would just spin on the shaft when the coil energizes. Try tightening that screw.

rps20201021_235906 (resized).jpgrps20201021_235906 (resized).jpg
#5647 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Its quite frustrating

#5648 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Its quite frustrating

Now that you know that, just give the pin a nudge and you should be fine.

#5649 3 years ago

I havent played in a couple of weeks. Played 1 game last night and got house party. Best game ever!

#5650 3 years ago

There’s so much content past house party too! Keep trying... when you get all the way through the house ‘They came from space’ multiball is wild! Have you got ‘attack attack’ multi or ‘Directors cut’ it the ‘Gappa Angry’ 6 ball multi yet? Such a loaded game!

Quoted from Pinstein:

I havent played in a couple of weeks. Played 1 game last night and got house party. Best game ever!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/113?hl=rivv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.