IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 363.
#5551 3 years ago

NEVERMIND Memory card was tapped and half out.. sorry.

#5552 3 years ago

I hate DJ mode. Now I have to figure out how to get a line out from Elvira to my audio system and/or HDMI with video too.

I *love* DJ mode! When I heard about this I thought “who would want to do this?” Well, me. What an awesome option for a game room.

Lyman, if you read this - I would love to see an option to have the game power up in DJ mode rather than attract mode (maybe only if game on Free Play?), the ability to set a custom message in place of “DJ Mixer!!!!!!!!” and a way to fix or change the DJ background animation.

#5553 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

NEVERMIND Memory card was tapped and half out.. sorry.

You can breathe now. Sorry for the scare. But now you have the topper so Elvira can scream for you.

#5554 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Does anyone know a source for better apron cards for this? I have the stock ones and would like to upgrade at least the pricing one

Here ya go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/15#post-5412180

#5555 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You can breathe now. Sorry for the scare. But now you have the topper so Elvira can scream for you.

Sorry I missed it, sounds like topper is more interactive that I originally thought.
Does she scream at you with new code?

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our LE did the same thing. We put a little grease where your photo is and also the same spot as your diagram. You will also notice as the mech moves up and down, there is a slot the mech needs to slot into when the skull is all the way down. Your original photo looks like the mech is not slotting into the slot. You may have to bend the mech a little. You will see what I mean when you put it back together.
Good Luck.

I have the scoop positioning working, but there's yet another problem with it now. When a ball hits the skull with a good shot, the skull and entire scoop assembly bounces up a bit. It never did that before. I've put several hours into sorting this mech out already and have disassembled/reassembled it several times. For such a sloppy hinged scoop, the tolerances for everything else are pretty darn tight with very little room for discrepancy.

Rob

#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have the scoop positioning working, but there's yet another problem with it now. When a ball hits the skull with a good shot, the skull and entire scoop assembly bounces up a bit. It never did that before. I've put several hours into sorting this mech out already and have disassembled/reassembled it several times. For such a sloppy hinged scoop, the tolerances for everything else are pretty darn tight with very little room for discrepancy.
Rob

I have not noticed that on our game. There is a spring behind the skull to locate it when the mech is all the way down. The screw that holds this together can be screwed in an out of the skull to give a little adjustment. We screwed ours in a few turns on the advice of a friend (@extendo) of ours and have no issues.

#5558 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sorry I missed it, sounds like topper is more interactive that I originally thought.
Does she scream at you with new code?

Yes, mostly during some multiball starts. The shaker motor goes off at the same time to add to the effect if you have one. Not as loud as the scream in GB, but hoping this adjustment could be added. I personally love the topper and it really adds to the overall fun experience with the game.

#5559 3 years ago

Got to admit this game has grown on me. At first it was kinda Ok for me, but after the last few updates, especially the 1.0, it has gone from potential trade bait to a keeper. Actually so has BM66 for me. I am actually looking to buy a EHOH topper if I can find one to get the total picture. Amazing how much is packed into this game!

#5560 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I am actually looking to buy a EHOH topper if I can find one to get the total picture. Amazing how much is packed into this game!

I heard they sold out but not sure if that's true or not.

It sounds like it being limited to only 200 might not be true. So Stern may make make more if enough people show interest.

#5561 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It sounds like it being limited to only 200 might not be true. So Stern may make make more if enough people show interest.

The initial allotment (don’t know the number) is sold out from Stern. I wonder if this is why we haven’t seen the topper show up on the shop page. No dealer I’ve talked to has said that Stern told them the toppers were limited (but everyone I talked to only got a few) and there is no LE plate or anything on the topper so don’t see why they wouldn’t make more if demand is there. Still not a big fan of the $1k topper precedent but I hope everyone that wants one can get one.

For those looking for measurements the topper is 26” W x 7” D x 8” H

#5562 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

WHAT? Stern making more than the initial advertised number of limited edition things? NO WAY that's ever happened! lol
Not complaining, cause it's great when you can get something you want.... but just sayin' Somehow, it happens.

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No dealer I’ve talked to has said that Stern told them the toppers were limited

My distributor said, in writing, that it was limited to 200.

Quoted from lasermel:

WHAT? Stern making more than the initial advertised number of limited edition things?

Stern themselves never advertised they were limited. In fact they never advertised ANYTHING about this topper.

I hope they make more.

#5564 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

In writing to you or in writing from Stern? If the former, maybe they were parroting the Pinside rumor.

Don’t know why Stern won’t tell us. All the lack of information has done is upset or annoyed dedicated fans of the game.

#5565 3 years ago

It was from the distributor and in no way official word from Stern. The distributor even mentioned the strange lack of info from Stern regarding this topper.

#5566 3 years ago

Stern themselves never advertised they were limited. In fact they never advertised ANYTHING about this topper.
I hope they make more.

No. I dont want more made. I have one and like the fact they were limited.

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I would imagine that was a huge selling point - the fact that they were limited to 200 - and a big part of the reason people were willing to pay the $1000.

#5568 3 years ago

True, but now people who bought and were complaining bout the price are niw saying its pretty good. It is overpriced. But what isn't anymore? I get mine Friday, im sure its a keeper

#5569 3 years ago

Who is selling the toppers? I haven’t been able to find anyone who has them. I would like to get one.

#5570 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Quoted from Krupps4:

I would imagine that was a huge selling point - the fact that they were limited to 200 - and a big part of the reason people were willing to pay the $1000.

The rumored limit didn’t significantly influence my decision to buy the topper. I didn’t buy the topper to resell it.

If it is/was supposed to be limited then there should be some indication of that on the topper itself. If not, Stern should make enough so anyone who is nuts enough to pay $1k for a topper and wants one can get one.

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Technically everything is limited once they stop making them. Just like Kiss, TWD and every other topper Stern has made.

#5572 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

LOL, honest answer I admit, but, pretty selfish. We are not talking about a Collectors edition pinball machine we are talking about a topper.

#5573 3 years ago

Damn you boys are touchy today. So, it was said to be limited, my distributor only got a couple and held one for me. It was too expensive, so I do hope no more are made. What's wrong with that? I think its ok to be selfish

#5574 3 years ago

I didn't buy to resell, and since I'll never drop 10k plus on ce pin, its cool to have this.

#5575 3 years ago

Hello all, since installing latest code when ball is to be ejected from house my game fires several times before exiting. has anyone else had this issue or know if this is a problem that needs to be addresed mechanicaly . thanks for any ideas .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5576 3 years ago

No, but I've noticed it sometimes needs a shake to get out, since update too

#5577 3 years ago

I hope they make more.

They ARE making more. Period. Sorry Hayfarmer! Fomo. One of biggest Distro has official order in and confirmed it.

Just like JP shooter rod. It might take a month or two.

#5578 3 years ago

Oh damn. Guess I can't retire n

Quoted from iceman44:

They ARE making more. Period. Sorry Hayfarmer! Fomo. One of biggest Distro has official order in and confirmed it.
Just like JP shooter rod. It might take a month or two.

Damn. I guess I can't retire now off the massive profit I was counting on. Would of been nice if they were limited, but not sellin anyways

#5579 3 years ago

Any of you Elvira pin owners going to add (Elviras' new Halloween song) to the games song play list?
Saw this on other pinside Halloween topic thread.

(sorry did not search back far enough in topic thread to see it was already posted.)

#5580 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Any of you Elvira pin owners going to add this to the games song play list?
Saw this on other pinside Halloween topic thread.

This was already posted on here earlier in the week. It’s a great watch though!

#5581 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Any of you Elvira pin owners going to add (Elviras' new Halloween song) to the games song play list?

How do you add songs to the playlist?

#5582 3 years ago

What does the Feature Adjustment "Topper Scream Lockout Timer" actually do?

#5583 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How do you add songs to the playlist?

Pinbrowser I would imagine. And it would be replacing, not adding.

#5584 3 years ago

Pinbrowser I would imagine. And it would be replacing, not adding.

Ah. Yeah. That would probably work but way different than adding songs and/or creating new playlists.

#5585 3 years ago

Where did you get the camper.im looking everywhere for it .ebay or Amazon?

Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think my EHOH has reached it's mod limit for my liking lol. To be honest I didn't think I would like the Pinstadium lights in it but the UV glow really compliments it nicely especially in all dark rooms which I like to play in, it light all the playfield area nicely with some great glowing color effects from the UV.
Here is my MOD list:
Mirror Blades
Pinstadium Lights
Boney Beast Bones from Scared Stiff
Spider mod
Elvira's Scampy Camper mod
Lemax Spooky Trees
Lemax DeathHimself figure over garage
Skull totem behind crypt
Lermods Family Crypt mod
Night of the living dead zombie figure on roof ( actually a walking dead figure shhh! lol )
5.25" Speaker with speaker light kits (kit and conversion plates )
Cabinet Pyle 8ohm Dual Voice subwoofer
Lighted flipper buttons
Medisinyl Mods ( these are a must!! IMHO )
Cliffy protectors
USB extension cable ( another must have IMHO )
Lemax clown and skull tombstones on the sling covers
Boney Flipper Bats from Scared Stiff
Various GI leds changed to purple and blue for a more Erie creepy night atmosphere.
I just need to get tilt graphics lock bar button mod and stern side rails when they are available again. Who knows by that point the machine might be for sale and onto the next
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think my EHOH has reached it's mod limit for my liking lol. To be honest I didn't think I would like the Pinstadium lights in it but the UV glow really compliments it nicely especially in all dark rooms which I like to play in, it light all the playfield area nicely with some great glowing color effects from the UV.
Here is my MOD list:
Mirror Blades
Pinstadium Lights
Boney Beast Bones from Scared Stiff
Spider mod
Elvira's Scampy Camper mod
Lemax Spooky Trees
Lemax DeathHimself figure over garage
Skull totem behind crypt
Lermods Family Crypt mod
Night of the living dead zombie figure on roof ( actually a walking dead figure shhh! lol )
5.25" Speaker with speaker light kits (kit and conversion plates )
Cabinet Pyle 8ohm Dual Voice subwoofer
Lighted flipper buttons
Medisinyl Mods ( these are a must!! IMHO )
Cliffy protectors
USB extension cable ( another must have IMHO )
Lemax clown and skull tombstones on the sling covers
Boney Flipper Bats from Scared Stiff
Various GI leds changed to purple and blue for a more Erie creepy night atmosphere.
I just need to get tilt graphics lock bar button mod and stern side rails when they are available again. Who knows by that point the machine might be for sale and onto the next
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#5586 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Where did you get the camper.im looking everywhere for it .ebay or Amazon?

It was on ebay but I no longer see the red colored one. If you don't mind painting one have a look.

ebay.com link: 1 64 GreenLight HITCHED HOMES 4 BLACK WHITE Shasta Airflyte Camper Hitch Tow

#5587 3 years ago
#5588 3 years ago

Look at pinball life. Only really need slings and ball return. Lots if colors and 15 bucks ir so. Got em on ehoh

#5589 3 years ago

Hey I just got my topper in and installed it. when I turn the game on the lights turn on I get the red eyes and a green LED on the gargoyles and nothing else happens. when I go to Diagnostics to make it open or close nothing happens. Any suggestions to get it to work would be awesome. Thanks

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Hey I just got my topper in and installed it. when I turn the game on the lights turn on I get the red eyes and a green LED on the gargoyles and nothing else happens. when I go to Diagnostics to make it open or close nothing happens. Any suggestions to get it to work would be awesome. Thanks

When the coin door is open you need pull out the interlock to allow 48V to be online. The opening and closing of the topper needs the 48V line active to operate the coil in it.

#5591 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Did u install new code?

#5592 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

When the coin door is open you need pull out the interlock to allow 48V to be online. The opening and closing of the topper needs the 48V line active to operate the coil in it.

Thanks this was the issue!

#5593 3 years ago

Anybody else getting balls stuck here?

20201017_200026 (resized).jpg20201017_200026 (resized).jpg
#5594 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Anybody else getting balls stuck here?
[quoted image]

If I’m seeing it correctly it looks like the ball is trapping up under the plexi that the tree is mounted too. Try raising that plexi mount a little bit, use one or two of the tiny post rubbers under the plexi to raise it.

#5595 3 years ago

If I’m seeing it correctly it looks like the ball is trapping up under the plexi that the tree is mounted too. Try raising that plexi mount a little bit, use one or two of the tiny post rubbers under the plexi to raise it.

Lol
Look at the front door of the house.

#5596 3 years ago

Loooove this game and diggin' the latest 1.0 code but is it just me or are scores generating lower after this update? I used to score 1B games every now and again, but haven't even broken 500M since the update last week. Noticed the "House Party" Super Jackpots weren't as high or maybe it's just me? I ain't complaining and I know that I have to "play better", but wondering if others have also noticed such a thing?

#5597 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Loooove this game and diggin' the latest 1.0 code but is it just me or are scores generating lower after this update? I used to score 1B games every now and again, but haven't even broken 500M since the update last week. Noticed the "House Party" Super Jackpots weren't as high or maybe it's just me? I ain't complaining and I know that I have to "play better", but wondering if others have also noticed such a thing?

I've asked same

#5598 3 years ago

Yes. I posted about them a long time ago. There are pics in the gallery. In short, do not buy these.

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

One of the things that changed in 1.0 was the House Party jackpots. They are now based on haunt shots leading to HP. Take a look at the change log for the math.

#5600 3 years ago

When updating code from v.99 to v1.0 do you select ‘quick update’ or ‘full update’ ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/112?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.