Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,056 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 362.
#5501 3 years ago

Damn, 1.0 bricked my machine. Doesn't boot anymore and won't recognise a USB stick in it. I'm guessing I need my distributor to rewrite the SD card?

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think I have it pretty much fixed now.

Rob

Nope, it's not fixed. I found another issue with the mechanism that can cause the slider to stick. The front part of the slot cutout is raised just slightly and the sliding bracket catches on this.

Rob

20201016_011710 (resized).jpg20201016_011710 (resized).jpg
#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Damn, 1.0 bricked my machine. Doesn't boot anymore and won't recognise a USB stick in it. I'm guessing I need my distributor to rewrite the SD card?

Get a good quality 16GB card and you can do it yourself.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143RTB1E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#5504 3 years ago

Reflash the card with Etcher and the .99 image if you have a card reader. Once your game is back up and running, you can try the update again.

Or wait until they update the image page to 1.0.

#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Reflash the card with Etcher and the .99 image if you have a card reader. Once your game is back up and running, you can try the update again.
Or wait until they update the image page to 1.0.

The 1.00 SD card image is up :
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/elvira3-1_00_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw.zip

#5507 3 years ago

Ready for take 2 of putting this back together. I slightly rounded the leading edge of the plastic slider bracket (under the skull jaw) so it should not catch on that metal lip - I hope!

PS: Someone should custom paint these skulls!

Frick, time for bed, I gotta work in the morning!

Rob
20201016_025242 (resized).jpg20201016_025242 (resized).jpg

#5508 3 years ago

I love this game and code... unfortunately the shithouse build quality always affects my games on it... something on this game is always f?!?ing up. And yeah I know thats pinball but the constant adjusting and fixing never seems to end on this game.

#5509 3 years ago

You know what?
Never mind.

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Don't tell me that! Build quality, and sterns cheap ass mentality, is the reason I've got three nib kick ass Spooky games and NO modern sterns.
Jesus they are the market leaders, but stern is hell bent on wanting to be the WALMART of pinball!
It's almost as if stern doesn't believe in the renaissance of pinball, and are only staying in it to make a cheap buck off you suckers.
They should be upping thier game, not selling $100 dollar cost toppers at $1000.00 dollar price tags.
You know back when Nate Shivers was saying
" oh we gotta support stern, because they kept pinball alive."
Well those days are over, now stern is just another pinball company among several, that are just as good or better at making games.
There are finally options, other than shit sterns that have cabinets that fall apart in shipping, because they cheaped out on a 50 cent bracket.
OH beg us to buy an overpriced Batman 66 for $15 K!!!
No one at Stern had the sense, that that might make them look bad??????
Ug!! hiring Elwin is the only positive move they've made in years.
But they insist on coding games, only to please tournament players!
What the F#$k!?
Who can understand Stern game play! Stack this! Do that! But dont do this or you wont score.
F$%k that, they just dont get it, 99% of pinball fans are casual, hanging out with friends.
I turned off the Avengers deadflip stream as soon as that ass, tried to explain the bullshit over complicated code.
F#%k you! Most of us will never be good enough to see your overcomplicated shit code.
Having top skill players making the rules at Stern, Deeproot, JJP, and Spooky?
This is a recipe for disaster.
We got the lunatics making the games code now, and its gonna hurt pinball in the long run.
JJP, Has got the same overcomplicated code problems too......choose from 100 characters to start?? Really?
Firepower code is all we need, its FFing perfect.
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

Ok... So don't buy one

#5511 3 years ago

Yes. Your right.
Not a red cent.

#5512 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Looks like an amazing update, but I don’t get all the gushing with the need to thank Mr. Sheats. It just seems like such a fanboy thing to do. I mean, shouldn’t he be thanking us for (1) purchasing an $8000 - $15000 pinball machine that was incomplete at the time of purchase and (2) waiting patiently for a year in order for it to become close to complete? Again, I love Lyman’s coding but he is just doing his job and fulfilling his commitment to complete a pin that we all purchased a long time ago. No need to act like he’s doing us a favor.

Ahhh man you normally are very reasonable with your posts . I personally think guys like Lyman Sheats should be gushed over, even though I wouldn't really consider anything anyone has said here as "gushing".

The fact is the owners of this game are very much in love with the game, and we very much appreciate Lyman and his work ethic. Its like he is in competition with himself, and has to outdo himself not only on every game, but every code update.

Its like he knows how to code for ALL players, not just noobs like myself, or not just code junkies like chuckwurt, etc. Its rare to have someone out there who can write code that most people can understand, but is still very deep.

Im sure im giving a piss poor explanation, but the point is I disagree, and think anyone who owns this game should be gushing over what Lyman has done on this game. He is very much doing more than his "job". His passion really shows on this one.

#5513 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok... So don't buy one

And... maybe get some sleep, haha. What an odd rant

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

FWIW, Betson has them for $188

Wow almost half price!
It pays to shop around.

#5515 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Ahhh man you normally are very reasonable with your posts . I personally think guys like Lyman Sheats should be gushed over, even though I wouldn't really consider anything anyone has said here as "gushing".
The fact is the owners of this game are very much in love with the game, and we very much appreciate Lyman and his work ethic. Its like he is in competition with himself, and has to outdo himself not only on every game, but every code update.
Its like he knows how to code for ALL players, not just noobs like myself, or not just code junkies like chuckwurt, etc. Its rare to have someone out there who can write code that most people can understand, but is still very deep.
Im sure im giving a piss poor explanation, but the point is I disagree, and think anyone who owns this game should be gushing over what Lyman has done on this game. He is very much doing more than his "job". His passion really shows on this one.

Hey. Thanks so much for the nice response. I do always try to be reasonable and thoughtful with my posts. I probably went a little too far with that one. I guess the point I was trying to make is that everyone just seems to to settle for and accept what they are given by pinball manufacturers. I just think expectations a lot of times are so low that when someone actually does a good job (which is what that person should do) everyone acts surprised. Why be surprised when it’s something to be expected? The answer is based on history, it’s not expected and there lies the problem.

Someone mentioned Dwight Sullivan in a post and insinuated that he is a poor coder. I’m not knocking Mr. Sullivan and am just using him as an example, but if he’s such a poor coder then why does he still have a job? It’s because people keep buying his games, probably largely based on theme only. How about this? Don’t buy them and then you’ll have a new coder. There’s just a lot of complaining sometimes and zero action on the part of the community.

In the end, I just feel like we are the pinball manufacturers most rabid and loyal customers. We deserve their respect. Yes. Mr. Sheats definitely gives us that respect, but the point I was trying to make is that he should and he shouldn’t have to be thanked for it. With out us, he wouldn’t have a job.

I sent Stern a very nice and reasonable email about how they have handled the EHoH topper. I mentioned the lack of transparency in terms of features, production run, price, etc. My theme was you can do what you want, but at least tell us what we are buying. I sent the email two weeks ago. Guess what? No response.

#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Hey. Thanks so much for the nice response. I do always try to be reasonable and thoughtful with my posts. I probably went a little too far with that one. I guess the point I was trying to make is that everyone just seems to to settle for and accept what they are given by pinball manufacturers. I just think expectations a lot of times are so low that when someone actually does a good job (which is what that person should do) everyone acts surprised. Why be surprised when it’s something to be expected? The answer is based on history, it’s not expected and there lies the problem.
Someone mentioned Dwight Sullivan in a post and insinuated that he is a poor coder. I’m not knocking Mr. Sullivan and am just using him as an example, but if he’s such a poor coder then why does he still have a job? It’s because people keep buying his games, probably largely based on theme only. How about this? Don’t buy them and then you’ll have a new coder. There’s just a lot of complaining sometimes and zero action on the part of the community.
In the end, I just feel like we are the pinball manufacturers most rabid and loyal customers. We deserve their respect. Yes. Mr. Sheats definitely gives us that respect, but the point I was trying to make is that he should and he shouldn’t have to be thanked for it. With out us, he wouldn’t have a job.
I sent Stern a very nice and reasonable email about how they have handled the EHoH topper. I mentioned the lack of transparency in terms of features, production run, price, etc. My theme was you can do what you want, but at least tell us what we are buying. I sent the email two weeks ago. Guess what? No response.

This certainly gives better context to your original post and I generally agree.

Couple points:

Dwight is not a poor coder (he absolutely saved Star Trek from being a code mess).

Almost everyone buys on theme first. I’m the same way. A few years ago I wrote this in “dark night” thread: “I'm no longer going to buy a game for what it might become in the future or what a company tells me they are going to do. Actions speak louder than words. I'm going to be buying on what I get today, not promises of what I'll get tomorrow.” and this governs my consideration of any new Stern machine- no matter how much I like the theme, I’m not buying the game until it’s done and I like it. This probably means I’ll never get another Stern LE. The only exception I will consider is a game where Lyman is on the code because Lyman’s track record is exceptional - it’s not only his job, but clearly his passion. I’ve really lucked out that two of my dream titles were Batman and Elvira and Lyman was on both (and Greg, Dennis and Cassandra returned for Elvira). If not for my new rule I’d also have Munsters and probably JP too.

However as shown with Stern’s total lack of transparency on the HOH topper Stern still doesn’t really think we matter that much and that enough buyers will froth at the mouth to get the latest and greatest. Until Stern as a whole realizes we deserve their respect very little will change. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be thankful for the respect Lyman shows us by making his games the absolute best he can make them rather than just settle for “good enough”.

#5517 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This certainly gives better context to your original post and I generally agree.

Thanks @jfh. I appreciate your response. Sometimes I just get frustrated with Stern’s business practices and I let it get the best of me. That post was one of those times. I just feel like businesses in other industries would never get away with the things Stern does. Anyway, no arguments for me as to Mr. Sheats abilities. I owned a TWD as well. EHoH is an awesome pin. I love it and the code is great.

I’ve said my peace and will now focus on the positives. Thanks for listening!

#5518 3 years ago

OMG. The end of the game trailers are unique awesomeness.
Fantastic code update!

#5519 3 years ago

The DJ Mixer feature is friggin awesome!!

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The DJ mode is friggin awesome!!

I’m out of town and can’t do the update right now. If you don’t mind me asking, how does the DJ mode work?

#5521 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m out of town and can’t do the update right now. If you don’t mind me asking, how does the DJ mode work?

while in attract mode, hold both flipper buttons then a menu will come up, standard play... DJ etc... choose DJ and then it shuffles all the songs in the game and plays them to a kaleidoscope background on the lcd.

#5522 3 years ago

while in attract mode, hold both flipper buttons then a menu will come up, standard play... DJ etc... choose DJ and then it shuffles all the songs in the game and plays them to a kaleidoscope background on the lcd.

Cool. Sounds like a unique feature. Thanks for letting me know.

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Cool. Sounds like a unique feature. Thanks for letting me know.

I just rephrased my post, not a mode per say but rather a feature.

#5524 3 years ago

How do you get to that? I couldn't figure it out last night

EDIT: nevermind, saw the later post

#5525 3 years ago

INSANE update! I can't say enough good stuff about this machine. Every time I play, I learn something new and see different things happen. Super fun! If I had to wish for something, it would be to get another chance at Gappa Angry if I lose the ball before getting the first lock. Damn that's frustrating! lol

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5526 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I will admit that’s a heck of a thing to say in a club. You’re right he’s just doing his job but it’s a great one and that deserves a thank you from his customers.

Totally agree! I hope to be able to send a thanks to Dwight some day for making Munsters a better game to play like he did with Ghostbusters! Lyman didn't have to be as creative as he has been on this game, but he routinely goes the extra mile and I for one appreciate it. Jm2¢

#5527 3 years ago

Thanks Lyman...we <3 you...hope it keeps getting better

#5528 3 years ago

Agreed, DJ mixer is friggin awesome. Need to make this a standard feature on every pin

#5529 3 years ago

Would be cool if when “Shout!” is playing in DJ mode the dancing house animation would play on the screen. That’s one of my favorites in the whole game.

#5530 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Would be cool if when “Shout!” is playing in DJ mode the dancing house animation would play on the screen. That’s one of my favorites in the whole game.

Who know what any future update might have installed, I also like the dancing gargoyles and the special appearances of the dancing bogeymen.

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

INSANE update! I can't say enough good stuff about this machine. Every time I play, I learn something new and see different things happen. Super fun! If I had to wish for something, it would be to get another chance at Gappa Angry if I lose the ball before getting the first lock. Damn that's frustrating! lol

That would be a cool option to have in the settings. Reminds me of being able to restart the Stiff O Meter in Scared Stiff if you don't hit the first shot and drain.

#5532 3 years ago

Not sure if it was mentioned but I can confirm that the B-Movie trailer ending does work with multiplayer games.

#5533 3 years ago

Not sure if it was mentioned but I can confirm that the B-Movie trailer ending does work with multiplayer games.

Nice what does it do?

#5534 3 years ago

I played three 2 player games and got a trailer for each player every time.

#5535 3 years ago

When I hit both flipper buttons, all I get is a screen that says competition mode ready and then it counts down saying press start but don’t get an option for DJ Mixer mode, code is 1.0 so how do I get into that?

#5536 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

When I hit both flipper buttons, all I get is a screen that says competition mode ready and then it counts down saying press start but don’t get an option for DJ Mixer mode, code is 1.0 so how do I get into that?

Hold both buttons until the screen changes, it should say “standard” mode. Hit right button a couple times and you’ll see it. Hit start to activate. Hold both buttons again to pause/unpause. Start to exit

#5537 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the tips. I ended up sending my distributor (AMD) an email and they got back to me in seconds, and I downloaded a new SD image and had the game up and running again in under an hour.

Great customer service those guys.

#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hold both buttons until the screen changes, it should say “standard” mode. Hit right button a couple times and you’ll see it. Hit start to activate. Hold both buttons again to pause/unpause. Start to exit

When I hit both flippers buttons, it says competition mode ready and starts counting down, I do not get a menu when I can select anything? Do I maybe need to turn on attack mode as when the game is sitting, it puts on a nice lite show but I never hear any calls out either which may or may not be normal?

#5539 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

When I hit both flippers buttons, it says competition mode ready and starts counting down, I do not get a menu when I can select anything? Do I maybe need to turn on attack mode as when the game is sitting, it puts on a nice lite show but I never hear any calls out either which may or may not be normal?

Enable competition mode then you will see the menu where you can select the DJ Mixer!

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Read the instructions again

#5541 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Enable competition mode then you will see the menu where you can select the DJ Mixer!

That worked, thank you! DJ Mixer is awesome!

#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I love the topper! It freaked me out last night!

on your playfield cam have a play with the white balance.

#5543 3 years ago

Finally, after hours of trying downloaded the new code. Guess everybody was downloading...

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

But when you have to put competition mode on, doesn't that change the way you get modes, points etc...?

#5545 3 years ago

Quick question. I had my premium for a couple months and the center house ramp doesn’t seem to work correctly. The only way to start a haunt is with the back door shot. During trailer trash the front ramp shot only registers as drive me crazy. This doesn’t seem correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#5546 3 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

But when you have to put competition mode on, doesn't that change the way you get modes, points etc...?

Hold both flippers until you see competition mode pop up.. THEN hit the right or left flipper only, itll change between standard, competition, and dj mode, when you get to the mode you want, hit the start button. Start button also exits DJ mode.

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from Swigley1:

Quick question. I had my premium for a couple months and the center house ramp doesn’t seem to work correctly. The only way to start a haunt is with the back door shot. During trailer trash the front ramp shot only registers as drive me crazy. This doesn’t seem correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yeah, that's not correct. Does the ball get captured when you enter the house or just roll out the front? It's either a opto problem or a mechanism in the house. Go into the switch test to see if the optos are working.

#5548 3 years ago

Does anyone know a source for better apron cards for this? I have the stock ones and would like to upgrade at least the pricing one

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from Swigley1:

Does the house diverter metal plate behind the house operate correctly? I had to fix mine because I had similar problems with haunts not starting from the ramp shot and balls would go straight through the house without registering.

#5550 3 years ago

Ok gang, Elivra will not boot up. Power lights come on inside the back box but, nothing. She was fine last night. I went to install the topper normal, 2 connections. Machine was off when i did that. So, I have unplugged the topper and still will not boot up. ZERO.. anyone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,056 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/111?hl=rivv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.