Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 362.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Your game has probably already been made. They were sequential serial numbered and people have already received LE games in the high 3xx. My guess is your vendor was slow to pay Stern so you got moved to the end of the line. Some vendors like mine pay on day one for their allotment. Others wait until they have collected the money form the buyers and then send it in. It is a bit of a game the the vendors play. Early vendor payment usually means lower serial numbers.

Could be. But the distributor I bought the game from at Expo (paid in full) specifically told me the game hadn’t been built yet and it would be a couple weeks before it would be shipped. I guess I’ll see when I see the manufacturing date. I was just wondering if anyone else was still waiting.

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Could be. But the distributor I bought the game from at Expo (paid in full) specifically told me the game hadn’t been built yet and it would be a couple weeks before it would be shipped. I guess I’ll see when I see the manufacturing date. I was just wondering if anyone else was still waiting.

Interesting - I pulled the trigger day one and got #110 with a born on date of Oct 1. I wonder how hard it would be to add a 3 to the born on date. That would be cool.

#453 4 years ago

Interesting - I pulled the trigger day one and got #110 with a born on date of Oct 1. I wonder how hard it would be to add a 3 to the born on date. That would be cool.

My Scared Stiff manufacture date is Oct. 31 - LOL

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Apparently Stern has not finished building all the LEs yet. I am (im)patiently waiting for word on mine. Anyone else in the same boat?
I would have expected all the domestic LEs to be done by now. Can’t quite figure out the numbers, but wondering if having multiple titles on the line is resulting in fewer HOH games being produced per day than we would otherwise expect.
It would be cool to have an LE produced tomorrow though.

I am waiting for mine as well. My distro hasn't received a date.

#455 4 years ago

Just wanted to post game is #397

DBFAA169-DD41-4353-ACFE-4DA678299A64 (resized).jpegDBFAA169-DD41-4353-ACFE-4DA678299A64 (resized).jpeg
#456 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just wanted to post game is #397[quoted image]

I suspect this debunks “this time Stern did the LE numbers in order”

I think #397 is a very cool number.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I suspect this debunks “this time Stern did the LE numbers in order”
I think #397 is a very cool number.

Nope, they're in order - I bet your serial number is 297,706.

#458 4 years ago

I’ll let you know in a week or so.

#459 4 years ago

I was hoping to be a bit further along with these but it is Halloween tonight here in Aus and thought it was an appropriate time to show these as a progress snapshot. Both cars are customised with body modification (to the thunderbird) paint, (though the Monster Rod still needs a tidy up and clear coat) as well as a custom Hotwheels Card and protective packaging if you want to have a keepsake.
IMG_1983 (resized).jpgIMG_1983 (resized).jpg
IMG_1988 (resized).jpgIMG_1988 (resized).jpg
IMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPG
IMG_1987 (resized).JPGIMG_1987 (resized).JPG

Turns out these are more effort and pain than anticipated so when released will be limited to 15 units only (I will keep one of each) so leaving 4 x monster rods and 9 x elvira macabre mobiles (some with grey interiors and black and chrome mags and others in black interiors and white wall wheels and slight green tint windows).

The mount base can be found here:

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkselvira&sort=newest

in which the base plate is mounted to the side rail between the rail guard and the spirit bubble and you have a car in the car as a nice touch.

Happy Halloween ....

710x528_24101659_13127113_1569192335 (resized).jpg710x528_24101659_13127113_1569192335 (resized).jpg
#460 4 years ago

If people want to start submitting their serial numbers and date of manufacture, I'll add them to the first post with their game numbers. That would prove/disprove any correlation.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

If people want to start submitting their serial numbers and date of manufacture, I'll add them to the first post with their game numbers. That would prove/disprove any correlation.

I would be interested in knowing...
#229 10/07/19 297556

#462 4 years ago

I like it. Anyone that arranged to have a specific number should note that with an asterisk though.

#463 4 years ago

#397. 297724

8356CA38-509F-44BE-A65D-4660253573EC (resized).jpeg8356CA38-509F-44BE-A65D-4660253573EC (resized).jpeg
#464 4 years ago

#362 / Oct 10th

No way they build the LEs in order.

#465 4 years ago

#328 Oct 22nd

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

They ABSOLUTELY DID.

Mine is 297510 and LE#183. Here's my math which proves it, using the photo above which shows 297724 and LE#397.

724-510=214
214+183=397

#467 4 years ago

I don't know if they were built in order, according to serial/LE #.

However, the serial #s and LE #s were definitely ASSIGNED to the units in a specific order.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

#397. 297724[quoted image]

It does seem like they are in order. Mine is #133 with serial 297460. If you subtract your #397 from my #133, that's 264 difference. Add that to my 297460 serial number and it comes to 297724 serial number which is yours.

#469 4 years ago

Mine is LE #130 with Serial #297457.

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

#362 / Oct 10th

Quoted from Sethman:

#328 Oct 22nd

Looks like they are not *built* in order but the LE number *does* correspond to the serial number.

#471 4 years ago

If you want to know about order mine is 398. So in theory the one after yours with Oct 10 on the back. I think I got it on the 16th.
CE29AFE0-FE68-4F09-9B4E-A4C0A915BE79 (resized).jpegCE29AFE0-FE68-4F09-9B4E-A4C0A915BE79 (resized).jpeg

#472 4 years ago

My LE #027 showed up Tuesday. S/N is 297354 and date is Oct 14th in case that helps those of you trying to crack the da Vinci code
Haven't had much time to play it so far but it seems pretty fun.

20191031_150255 (resized).jpg20191031_150255 (resized).jpg
#473 4 years ago

Looks like they are not *built* in order but the LE number *does* correspond to the serial number.

Guys,

Could you please not post all your serial numbers? We are giving thieves access to serial numbers of games that are not stolen.

Unfortunately not all of us are honest and genuine and we are giving thieves a data bank of serial numbers that they could possibly use on a stolen machine. I was hoping the posting of serial numbers would stop and the numbers would be buried in pages and pages of nothing in a public forum.

#474 4 years ago

New Code Out!

V0.86.0 - Oct. 31, 2019
=======================

- The cellar light for certain haunts was not being displayed properly.
This has been corrected.
- Fixed speech call "shoot for the cellar" during Night of the Living
Dead haunt.
- Added coil power adjustments: TROUGH POWER, AUTOFIRE POWER, SLINGSHOT
POWER, CRYPT VUK POWER, TRUNK LOCK POWER, and CELLAR LOCK POWER.
TROUGH POWER lowered from 255 to 220.
- Added Grampa Bone Head deadhead character to "CRYPT" modes.
- Added lamp effects.
- Added additional video clips for the "MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE" haunt.
- Updated interlock switch handling so the game will display the "48V
DISABLED" message on the display when the coin door is opened.
- The drop target is no longer raised during ball search.
- Added sound effects for "SHOOT AGAIN".
- Balanced sounds and music.
- Added sounds for "THE DEAD RETURN".
- Added sounds for "THE MANSTER" intro.
- Added sounds for "THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE" intro.
- The ticket dispenser test was not showing up in the test menu when a
ticket dispenser was installed. This has been corrected.
- Updated Unhappy Hour art.
- Fixed the "TILT WARNING" animation to remove the text artifacts at the
end of the effect.

#475 4 years ago

That's a good amount of stuff to a .01 update.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#476 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Guys,
Could you please not post all your serial numbers? We are giving thieves access to serial numbers of games that are not stolen.
Unfortunately not all of us are honest and genuine and we are giving thieves a data bank of serial numbers that they could possibly use on a stolen machine. I was hoping the posting of serial numbers would stop and the numbers would be buried in pages and pages of nothing in a public forum.

Or on the other hand. If any one of these numbers pop up we know who the owner really is. Sorry, you sound a little paranoid to me. It's not that hard to make up SS numbers out of the blue.

#477 4 years ago

Guys,

Ok, I’ll bite. How do you think a thief is going to use these? These aren’t like VINs on a car. A pinball machine isn’t something that’s easy to steal and I can’t image anyone bothering to forge a serial number when there are so many other ways to ID a game as yours.

Serial number info helps the community figure out production numbers and understand the history of the game.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

That's a good amount of stuff in a .01 update.

Who says Stern employees don't read Pinside posts?

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

New Code V0.86.0 - Oct. 31, 2019
=======================
- Added coil power adjustments: TROUGH POWER - TROUGH POWER lowered from 255 to 220.

This seems in response to shooter lane damage some have seen caused by the trough power force.

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

New Code V0.86.0 - Oct. 31, 2019
=======================
- The drop target is no longer raised during ball search.

And this directly addresses Whysnow's complaint about the ball getting trapped behind the drop target.

#479 4 years ago

They had to drop a new code on Halloween. Thats mandatory.

#480 4 years ago

Since we know you might read this, Thank you Lyman, i really like the game so far.

have you made the skill shot yet? theres a big sign pointing to it, but it can't be made.

#481 4 years ago

There's a change not listed in the release notes: The shots for "Manos: The Hand of Fate" are different. Nice change!
Like the additions. The new speech and sound effects are really starting to show how this will end up.

Some of the haunts don't seem to complete. Anyone else notice this? It's nothing new, but it's annoying when you think you complete a haunt and it doesn't.

Quoted from Mogg:

Since we know you might read this, Thank you Lyman, i really like the game so far.
have you made the skill shot yet? theres a big sign pointing to it, but it can't be made.

I can make the Back Door skill shot. Not with any regularity, but I've made it a number of times. Nothing like the Bros did last Saturday, though. Wow!

#482 4 years ago

Anyone else having the house ramp lift up each time you lock a shot in the garage?

Come to think of it, once in wild women Multiball any shot sent through the garage was also causing the house ramp to lift as well.

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I've given up on trying to make it. I use to think I was good at skill shots. But, this one I've given up on.

I think the safer play is to short plunge. If you do it right. You can get a safe shot at either the ball lock drop, or the house.
If you do the ball lock and it goes straight down the middle. You'll get the ball back, because you haven't hit enough switches. So... I don't know how many points the skill shot is... But, from the percentage chance of being able to achieve it, verse the reliability of getting free shots to progress the locks and modes...

I think the best play is short plunge. Especially when the later modes points are so much per shot. Get 2x or 4x going during a mb during a later mode and you can really get the points. Then top that off with trailer trash after you finished/completed the mode and boom goes the dynamite.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Or on the other hand. If any one of these numbers pop up we know who the owner really is. Sorry, you sound a little paranoid to me. It's not that hard to make up SS numbers out of the blue.

Quoted from jfh:

Ok, I’ll bite. How do you think a thief is going to use these? These aren’t like VINs on a car. A pinball machine isn’t something that’s easy to steal and I can’t image anyone bothering to forge a serial number when there are so many other ways to ID a game as yours.
Serial number info helps the community figure out production numbers and understand the history of the game.

Keep putting your numbers up if you like. We most certainly will not be posting ours.

I agree, most people are honest, there are some that are not and not everyone in the hobby is on Pinside and lives in the USA.

In Australia the serial number is the id for the machine. So a thief steals a game, goes to Pinside and gets a serial number from the USA, prints a new tag and sells the machine, no one in Australia is the wiser. This actually happened here a few months ago and our community is much smaller than yours.

#485 4 years ago

Unboxed #166 2 weeks ago

#486 4 years ago

In Australia the serial number is the id for the machine. So a thief steals a game, goes to Pinside and gets a serial number from the USA, prints a new tag and sells the machine, no one in Australia is the wiser. This actually happened here a few months ago and our community is much smaller than yours.

I still don’t get it or understand what “this actually happened” means. In your example the machine is still stolen and the number on the sticker is irrelevant. The thief doesn’t have to find a real serial number to put on a label; they can just make one up. And the original serial number can be verified by the mfg or distributor.

Certainly don’t have to post your serial number if you don’t want to but either there is much more to this story or you are, as the other poster said, a bit paranoid.

#487 4 years ago

Saw this on Ebay. Could be made into a real neat topper for those of you that like toppers.
ebay.com link: Elvira OOAK Monster High Repaint Iconic Horror Host Sofa Candelabra

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Saw this on Ebay. Could be made into a real neat topper for those of you that like toppers.
ebay.com link » Elvira Ooak Monster High Repaint Iconic Horror Host Sofa Candelabra

Yep...I think if Stern was to make an official topper for EHOH it should be of Elvira on her couch making callouts...maybe even animated to some degree.

#489 4 years ago

So a thief steals a game, goes to Pinside and gets a serial number from the USA, prints a new tag and sells the machine, no one in Australia is the wiser. This actually happened here a few months ago and our community is much smaller than yours.

Isn't the serial number digitally embedded (not sure the proper terminology here) into the hardware, somehow? All my Sterns display the serial # when I turn them on. A thief can't change THAT, can they?

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

A thief can't change THAT, can they?

They would have to be fairly tech savvy, and know how to manipulate and rewrite the code.

#491 4 years ago

I have not bought a EHOH yet, but plan to purchase one in early 2020,
when i can withdraw from my 401K, (for tax reasons)
unfortunately all the LEs will be gone by then,
unless I buy a previously owned one, that someone decides to let go of.
I already have a EATPM and SS.
My wife loves Elvira, so it is a foregone conclusion that we will get Elvira 3.
Elvira's pins have a special place in our hearts,
as 10 yrs ago, I bought the EATPM on ebay
from a lovely lady, that 9 yrs ago became my wife.
Looking forward to the time when i can purchase&play a premium,
hopefully all the glitches and code will have been ironed out by then.
This topic thread has been helpful to understand what to look out for in future.

#492 4 years ago

Hey all so I have one issue where the center house ramp seems to have shifted slightly to the right, to where it can sometimes get stuck on the right gargoyle and not come down. Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but is this easy to adjust?

#493 4 years ago

What’s this plug for ?

A9EB832B-9791-4EE6-9C7D-BD5F39056942 (resized).jpegA9EB832B-9791-4EE6-9C7D-BD5F39056942 (resized).jpeg
#494 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

What’s this plug for ?[quoted image]

Tournament button, remote volume control, pin port. I have the remote volume control on my Batman and love it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00

https://pin-port.com/

#495 4 years ago

I’m in the club and so far loving the game!

C7C83D7A-720F-4475-8A20-C0C509389961 (resized).jpegC7C83D7A-720F-4475-8A20-C0C509389961 (resized).jpeg
#496 4 years ago

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

Greg and Zach costume up to review Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Machine

Disclaimer: SDTM does not rate flapper gap and actually put effort into their show. The boys are in bed with Gary Stern and in the pocket of Big Pinballceuticals.

#497 4 years ago

Thanks!

D95E3471-B102-4AB2-9D07-849CE89DC887 (resized).pngD95E3471-B102-4AB2-9D07-849CE89DC887 (resized).png
#498 4 years ago

Added this as well

#499 4 years ago
1E952413-E333-431D-A766-5512330A709A (resized).jpeg1E952413-E333-431D-A766-5512330A709A (resized).jpeg
#500 4 years ago

here are 2 mods for Elvira for the shooter and plunger
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkselvira&sort=newest

Macabre Mobile Set (resized).pngMacabre Mobile Set (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

10,000 (Firm)
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

There are 18,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/10?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.