IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 363.
#5401 3 years ago

Topper installed and looks awesome

01605C10-43BC-466E-AF0E-51F245982016 (resized).jpeg01605C10-43BC-466E-AF0E-51F245982016 (resized).jpegEF4C0BB2-CF4C-4CF1-A100-2DB097578E1B (resized).jpegEF4C0BB2-CF4C-4CF1-A100-2DB097578E1B (resized).jpeg
#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I was anticipating this pin for 2 yrs.

Two measly years?
Pardon my English noble Hayfarmer but, that sir, is indeed quite the pinball waiting chump change.

If you said “Decade PLUS” for your anticipation, I would’ve gleefully given you the street credential proper recognitions you deserve.

Dennis, Greg, Lyman, Cassandra and the rest of the EHOH team can rest easy knowing they made yet-another master-pizza in the Elvira franchise universe.

That is,
Until Elvira 4 is released...
*starts chanting*
CUR-VY RAMPS! CUR-VY RAMPS!

#5403 3 years ago

FYI on Topper FOMO gate

Stern IS making more and will be available “in a few months”. Distro already has them on order

For those that missed the privilege of dropping that $1k

#5404 3 years ago

I’d rather have Dennis’ original super-secret-back-door-under-the-rug prototype topper personally Ice.

At least he’d charge a fair price For it.
Maybe a handful of ripe melons?

#5405 3 years ago

I just want to know what modes this adds for 1k. For that much money it better be more than a throw away goat multiball. Since we have not seen any use of Eegah even though he is a main character on the backglass I hope it is something using those assets. Between Richard Kiel’s mumbling and Arch Hall jr’s whining I’m sure Lyman could make a fun mode or two. Where is my “Shave Eegah” mode Stern?

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I just want to know what modes this adds for 1k. For that much money it better be more than a throw away goat multiball. Since we have not seen any use of Eegah even though he is a main character on the backglass I hope it is something using those assets. Between Richard Kiel’s mumbling and Arch Hall jr’s whining I’m sure Lyman could make a fun mode or two. Where is my “Shave Eegah” mode Stern?

If the topper adds the "Watch out for snakes!" quote from Eegah! to the game then I'll have to buy one.

#5407 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I just want to know what modes this adds for 1k.

Based on what we've seen so far there doesnt appear to be any topper exclusive modes yet. So far we've seen different lighting effects based on the gameplay and it occasionally pops open for a scream. Not sure if the screaming is a topper exclusive or if the screams will also be in the new code for non topper users.

#5408 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI on Topper FOMO gate
Stern IS making more and will be available “in a few months”. Distro already has them on order

Does this surprise anyone?
The lack of any LE designation on the topper made it all but inevitable.

#5409 3 years ago

I've got scream on 100% , volume on game is way past default. Can't find any other setting yo make scream louder. Anyone know if possible?

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've got scream on 100% , volume on game is way past default. Can't find any other setting yo make scream louder. Anyone know if possible?

Not sure if the latest pinball browsers version works with the latest Stern code or not. If it does, you could replace the scream callout with a louder version.

Does your current code do any of the screams during gameplay or is it just in attract mode?

When it screams while in attract mode is it doing it randomly on its own or only when you hit a flipper button?

#5411 3 years ago

I'm at latest code, only screams in attract. Deadflip guy said it scared the crop out of him, maybe it increases with topper and new code. Can't get our topper till nx week tho. Thx fir reply doc.

#5412 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI on Topper FOMO gate
For those that missed the privilege of dropping that $1k

So the topper is not limited?

We may have to re asses our purchase. They have not landed in Australia yet.

#5413 3 years ago

Proud owner as of Tuesday. And wow this is the most fun and deepest stern I have ever played.so glad this is my first stern.i was very hesitant to buy anything from them but this is the game to go all In on.PERIOD

IMG_0386(2) (resized).jpgIMG_0386(2) (resized).jpg
#5414 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Finally located a topper and installed it this morning. The adjustment Percentage for the topper scream looks like it only raises or reduces the chance she screams in attract mode or when you touch the flipper button while the game is idle. If you set it at 100% you won’t hear the other attract call outs, just the scream every time. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a voice attenuation setting for this game. The topper does not react in game play yet. Jack Danger was playing on a beta code that had topper gameplay integration. We’ll see that on the next update.

84DAB46E-71AC-4AE7-9B90-DFC4487F827A (resized).jpeg84DAB46E-71AC-4AE7-9B90-DFC4487F827A (resized).jpeg
#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

Finally located a topper and installed it this morning. The adjustment Percentage for the topper scream looks like it only raises or reduces the chance she screams in attract mode or when you touch the flipper button while the game is idle. If you set it at 100% you won’t hear the other attract call outs, just the scream every time. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a voice attenuation setting for this game. The topper does not react in game play yet. Jack Danger was playing on a beta code that had topper gameplay integration. We’ll see that on the next update.
[quoted image]

Good info. Thx

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yeah, Stern never said officially that it was limited to 200, and in fact, I heard directly from a certain distro that it WASN'T strictly limited to 200. Stern was just making 200 to start, and then would see where it went from there. Obviously, it sold well enough to warrant another run. So there you go.

It will still be made in low numbers though, just not quite as low as 200.

#5417 3 years ago

She's still got it! Good to see that it wasn't just a trick of the Stern LCD!

#5418 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, Stern never said officially that it was limited to 200, and in fact, I heard directly from a certain distro that it WASN'T strictly limited to 200.

I think it’s in a bit of poor form for Stern to be so cryptic with it’s intentions regarding the topper. Those spending $1000 should know exactly what they are buying.

#5419 3 years ago

Hi Everyone

Can someone tell me where to get the topper please .

I’m looking to buy one for my game

Thanks

#5420 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think it’s in a bit of poor form for Stern to be so cryptic with it’s intentions regarding the topper. Those spending $1000 should know exactly what they are buying.

I’m sure we will all find out after we have purchased the topper.

Isn’t that how Stern has done it for every topper so far? What incentive do they have to provide accurate info early when they can generate FOMO by not correcting false rumors or unreasonable expectations beforehand?

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Hi Everyone
Can someone tell me where to get the topper please .
I’m looking to buy one for my game
Thanks

Call around to distributors and see if they know if they are getting any and/or have a waitlist. Some are saying (as of today) that Stern hasn’t released it yet.

The few that have put it on their site as a preorder have sold out but most distributors probably only signed up for a few units to start as they seem to have been kept in the dark by Stern as much as we have. When one dealer told me the price in late August/early September that’s literally all he knew. No measurements or feature, just the $999 price.

#5422 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What incentive do they have to provide accurate info early when they can generate FOMO by not correcting false rumors or unreasonable expectations beforehand?

Because it’s the honest thing to do. It’s also just good business to treat your loyal customers well.

#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Because it’s the honest thing to do. It’s also just good business to treat your loyal customers well.

We are not Stern’s customers; the distributors are. Stern has been historically clueless and inept when it comes to the people that actually buy their products.

#5424 3 years ago

NOT limited. More coming.

And i just blew this baby up tonight! Gappa twice. Attic Attack mb. Haunt wizard. Phone a friend very cool. Gila Monster. Makeout Mayhem. Didn't quite get Director's Cut.

Still only got 700 million score. I was too busy having fun!

I think my Trailer trash score was my biggest haul?

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

NOT limited. More coming.
And i just blew this baby up tonight! Gappa twice. Attic Attack mb. Haunt wizard. Phone a friend very cool. Gila Monster. Makeout Mayhem. Didn't quite get Director's Cut.
Still only got 700 million score. I was too busy having fun!
I think my Trailer trash score was my biggest haul?

Bummer about the topper not being limited.

My highest score so far is 500 mill. I somehow have got 150mill on trailer trash. 700 mill is an outstanding sffort!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, Stern never said officially that it was limited to 200, and in fact, I heard directly from a certain distro that it WASN'T strictly limited to 200. Stern was just making 200 to start, and then would see where it went from there. Obviously, it sold well enough to warrant another run. So there you go.
It will still be made in low numbers though, just not quite as low as 200.

Shame the topper is not limited. My bad for not asking my distro about the numbers and believing Pinside!

TWD topper is not limited. I am not sure how many are around but I have seen them sell for US$2000. Stoopid money for a topper that does nothing.

#5427 3 years ago

Bummer about the topper not being limited.
My highest score so far is 500 mill. I somehow have got 150mill on trailer trash. 700 mill is an outstanding sffort!

Yep. About what i got on trailer trash too. I think 152 million for very little work while it felt like i was working my ass off on everything else!

That was my GC score but such a fun and awesome game.

Meanwhile, STLE is frustrating the hell out of me. It's a drain fest or i just don't have the shots dialed in yet BUT it's also very much fun!

#5428 3 years ago

My topper arrives tomorrow along with Elvira’s new neighbor MonsterBash LE
Building a small spooky collection.

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm at latest code, only screams in attract. Deadflip guy said it scared the crop out of him, maybe it increases with topper and new code. Can't get our topper till nx week tho. Thx fir reply doc.

The new code may make it louder? Not sure.
I also play with headphones in with direct game audio so...

#5430 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. About what i got on trailer trash too. I think 152 million for very little work while it felt like i was working my ass off on everything else!
That was my GC score but such a fun and awesome game.
Meanwhile, STLE is frustrating the hell out of me. It's a drain fest or i just don't have the shots dialed in yet BUT it's also very much fun!

Both my wife and I have been chipping away at TMNTLE. Super tough game and I like it that way.. Another Borg keeper for us.

#5431 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

The new code may make it louder? Not sure.
I also play with headphones in with direct game audio so...

Oh. With headphones it would scare ya. Thx

#5432 3 years ago

Ok, you guys have had your Elvira's a few months, how are they holding up , build quality wise?

Stern pins always feel like rickety balsa to me.

I played Elvira at Banning in January at INDISC, and loved the 2 games I played.

This is the first stern, I've even contemplated buying.
But Stern's business practices disgust me.
Is it as great as it looks?
I love Nordman games.
Convince me I should give the Evil empire my money.

Message from the wavering Freeeek Kingdom.

#5433 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ok, you guys have had your Elvira's a few months, how are they holding up , build quality wise?
I played Elvira at Banning in January at INDISC, and loved the 2 games I played.
I love Nordman games.

Just buy a used one to so your money goes to a fellow pinhead instead. It's a great game and would be a worthy addition to your collection.

#5434 3 years ago

I think I have it pretty much fixed now.

Rob

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I love Nordman games.

The build quality is not as good as Chicago gaming but is good enough. Stern's have a lighter feel than JJP's as they are 100 pounds lighter. That said EHOH is so good it is my favorite and not by just a little bit. The programing and game design are outstanding. It's very funny too.

#5436 3 years ago

build quality on my Elvira has been fantastic.

#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I see a lot of chatter on the thread from people having various issues. However, I’ve had zero issues with my EHoH. Now that I’ve said that, I’ll probably have issues the next time I turn it on

#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I see a lot of chatter on the thread from people having various issues.

The big things to look out for:
- Skill shot guides - replacements needed for early games
- uncut left side house plastic
- loose or misaligned optos usually on left or right ramps
- misaligned VUK - may require physical relocation and drilling a new screw hole

With the exception of the optos I believe games manufactured after November 2019 had these issues corrected on the production line.

The cabinet is far sturdier than games in the last couple years which makes a noticeable difference and there haven’t been a lot of reports of playfield/pooling issues. Overall build quality is certainly better, good enough for home use but inferior to that of CGC and JJP.

#5439 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I love Nordman games.

Don’t buy one, you don’t deserve it with that attitude.

#5440 3 years ago

I had an annoying issue with the house diverter not working correctly, the motor would keep moving the metal plate in the back of the house up and down so haunts wouldn't start consistently. Turned out the mechanism wasn't making contact with one of the switches in the back and it has worked fine since I repositioned the bracket. Seems to be a rarer problem, only saw it mentioned a couple of times on this thread early on.

#5441 3 years ago

Bottom line for me is that this game has required no more or less than any other pinball i've owned from any manufacturer. Take the plunge man, you won't regret it!

Quoted from gonzo73:

I love Nordman games.

#5442 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The big things to look out for:
- Skill shot guides - replacements needed for early games
- uncut left side house plastic
- loose or misaligned optos usually on left or right ramps
- misaligned VUK - may require physical relocation and drilling a new screw hole
With the exception of the optos I believe games manufactured after November 2019 had these issues corrected on the production line.
The cabinet is far sturdier than games in the last couple years which makes a noticeable difference and there haven’t been a lot of reports of playfield/pooling issues. Overall build quality is certainly better, good enough for home use but inferior to that of CGC and JJP.

I would have to agree with 100% of this post. The game feels far more solid than my IMDN, but as noted, it is still significantly less heavy than my B/W or JJP games. Good for moving, less good for moving while playing.

#5443 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

build quality on my Elvira has been fantastic.

Ditto that. Along with my JPLE, STHLE and new AIQLE

And the “fun factor” value is off the charts great!

#5444 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I love Nordman games.

Stern disgusts you? Did you see jjp latest? I've had nothing but good luck with stern products and quick support one one warranty issue

#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Stern disgusts you? Did you see jjp latest? I've had nothing but good luck with stern products and quick support one one warranty issue

He’s probably referring to the EHoH topper. I agree everything related to the release of the topper has been poorly handled by Stern.

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

He’s probably referring to the EHoH topper. I agree everything related to the release of the topper has been poorly handled by Stern.

Especially the price! I could purchase a stand up arcade game, or put pin woofer's in all my games, or lights, mods, rubbers, etc... Or this stupid topper that looks like $300.

#5447 3 years ago

Wow you guys sure hate this toppe :lol:r

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wow you guys sure hate this toppe :lol:r

I love the topper! Just not the price. But they sold pretty quickly so......

#5449 3 years ago

I love the topper! It freaked me out last night!

#5450 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I love the topper! It freaked me out last night!

I wonder if the new code will have the random scream callouts during gameplay for non topper users.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/109?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.