20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 360.
#5351 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

The complete package should have been sold complete from stern with the topper on the LE. Now there will be 200 or more LE’s that are not “complete”. JJP offers a better package to the collector with their CE.

I certainly can't argue the point...but things are as they are. JJP has extremely nice games but he didn't have Elvira.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I certainly can't argue the point...but things are as they are. JJP has extremely nice games but he didn't have Elvira.

Besides Batman66 LE/SLE have there been any other modern Sterns that have shipped with toppers?

#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Besides Batman66 LE/SLE have there been any other modern Sterns that have shipped with toppers?

None that I am aware of...

#5354 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are there any games after Safe Cracker that had a topper as part of a standard game?

I thought the Batman 66 topper might start an LE trend. Silly me.

#5355 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are there any games after Safe Cracker that had a topper as part of a standard game?
I thought the Batman 66 topper might start an LE trend. Silly me.

Hot wheels maybe?

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hot wheels maybe?

Hot Wheels topper is a single piece of acrylic....not sure I would consider it a "topper".

#5357 3 years ago

Some distributors offer the topper free with any SLE purchase, granted there is only one SLE at this point that didn't come with the topper - Elvira

#5358 3 years ago

Not a Stern, but all the Ricky and Morty's come with a topper.

#5359 3 years ago

On my game, the skull 'extender' has started to bind which causes the crypt door to not fully open. I'm not sure I want to pull the entire mech out at this point, but am weighing my options. Did anyone put a dab of grease on this small part? There's no cushion on the skull as it gets hit so that slider mech gets hammered from every ball impact.

Rob

20201012_133739 (resized).jpg20201012_133739 (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On my game, the skull 'extender' has started to bind which causes the crypt door to not fully open. I'm not sure I want to pull the entire mech out at this point, but am weighing my options. Did anyone put a dab of grease on this small part?
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image]

wait, the skull's supposed to extend? mine's always stayed static....

#5361 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

wait, the skull's supposed to extend? mine's always stayed static....

The skull extends slightly forward as the crypt opens so (I assume) the skull doesn't hit the plastic of the crypt entrance. The skull assembly has a long screw and spring which are seen in the diagram.

Rob

#5362 3 years ago

The cause of the problem. It's not an especially 'fun' mech to take apart. The link arm is one of the bigger PITA to deal with on this. Heaven forbid you strip the screw or camshaft set screw or you could be really in a pickle.

I think I will pull out the black plastic piece, file it smooth and put a dab of grease on it.

Rob

20201012_181538 (resized).jpg20201012_181538 (resized).jpg
#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The cause of the problem. It's not an especially 'fun' mech to take apart. The link arm is one of the bigger PITA to deal with on this. Heaven forbid you strip the screw or camshaft set screw or you could be really in a pickle.
I think I will pull out the black plastic piece, file it smooth and put a dab of grease on it.
Rob[quoted image]

Our LE did the same thing. We put a little grease where your photo is and also the same spot as your diagram. You will also notice as the mech moves up and down, there is a slot the mech needs to slot into when the skull is all the way down. Your original photo looks like the mech is not slotting into the slot. You may have to bend the mech a little. You will see what I mean when you put it back together.

Good Luck.

#5364 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our LE did the same thing. We put a little grease where your photo is and also the same spot as your diagram. You will also notice as the mech moves up and down, there is a slot the mech needs to slot into when the skull is all the way down. Your original photo looks like the mech is not slotting into the slot. You may have to bend the mech a little. You will see what I mean when you put it back together.
Good Luck.

Thanks

It's mostly together now and I think it should be good.

Rob

#5365 3 years ago

Had the same issue that I thought I fixed, but after stripping the assembly five times only to have the problem back after about 10 games I gave up and have ordered a new assembly.
See post #2831

#5366 3 years ago

New code preview streaming right now on deadflip twitch!

#5367 3 years ago

Preview, so when is new available?

#5368 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

New code preview streaming right now on deadflip twitch!

What was added?

#5369 3 years ago

Cool personal movie trailer at end of game

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cool personal movie trailer at end of game

Awesome!! I was wondering about that feature. Looks like my question has been answered!!

#5371 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Awesome!! I was wondering about that feature. Looks like my question has been answered!!

So far. Gotta get that topper involved too!!!

#5374 3 years ago

Jack showed some of the work in progress readme file contents (99.10, 99.12, 99.17) from Lyman during his stream tonight. I'm assuming these will all be folded into the 1.0 release when its ready.

If you didn't catch the stream here's a few screen caps to give you a sneak peek of all the cool content to look forward to with 1.0. Jack showed them during the stream so I think they should be fait game to post here.

I love the attention to detail and theme integration Lyman continues to add to the game. For example, during a multiplayer game if one the players scores is significantly lower than the others a spider comes down the display and spins a web over the lowest score.

Who has a guess as to what the "PEW PEW PEW" mode is all about?

ehoh_99.10 (resized).jpgehoh_99.10 (resized).jpgehoh_99.12 (resized).jpgehoh_99.12 (resized).jpgehoh_99.17 (resized).jpgehoh_99.17 (resized).jpg
#5375 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I love the attention to detail and theme integration Lyman continues to add to the game. For example, during a multiplayer game if one the players scores is significantly lower than the others a spider comes down the display and spins a web over the lowest score.

I’ll probably never get to see the spider web effect, but I really appreciate Lyman’s attention to detail. It’s why I wasn’t worried about buying Batman and Elvira LEs long before the code had matured.

#5376 3 years ago

That topper scream. Lol

#5377 3 years ago

So I've got my scream at 100% now and play with volume up pretty loud. On stream he said topper scream us as loud as Ghostbusters. Is that true? Didn't seem so, but maybe he had volume down

#5378 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So I've got my scream at 100% now and play with volume up pretty loud. On stream he said topper scream us as loud as Ghostbusters. Is that true? Didn't seem so, but maybe he had volume down

When topper is installed and you are in the attract mode does the scream go off randomly by itself or just when you hit a flipper button?

#5379 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Look like you can change the default volume on the scream feature to be as loud as you like.

#5380 3 years ago

Just an FYI, the crypt scoop is slotted to match the motor bracket. I noticed on my game that the bracket and slot don't line up and I will need to shift the motor bracket position to make it align better. No, I'm not going to bend the motor bracket for this.
20201013_225505 (resized).jpg20201013_225505 (resized).jpg20201013_232830 (resized).jpg20201013_232830 (resized).jpg

#5381 3 years ago

gargoyles arrived.
One is little to short so gonna have to build up base another 3/4 inch but really happy with the details ..
I put a few skulls from the Halloween graveyard up there for just to see how the spacing is.. I think I could reuse them with a proper wash to shade them ..they're just 3 dollar dollarama ones that cycle color glow..

I was thinking about making the top 3 inches of the alter from the video when you enter the crypt.. small faux marble top with either 3 full size or 5 3/4size skulls and two small led candelabras behind with gargoyles beside them.
For now they're perfect to add to the palette wall Halloween decorations.
gargoyles small (resized).jpggargoyles small (resized).jpg

gargoyles small5 (resized).jpggargoyles small5 (resized).jpg
#5382 3 years ago

The fricken unique trailer based on your gameplay feature... is AWESOME!
Here was one of mine from an okay game.
https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessWiseOcelotAMPEnergy

I had one called “I Eat Your Shoulder” as well. Haha

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That’s too funny! Can’t wait.

#5384 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

And here is the cheesy feature I've been waiting for, freaking awesomely funny.

Jack I heard mentioned a few times during the stream that it's not understood why this game isn't as popular as thought for it's a ton of fun. Just to rebuttal that I think it is just as popular as there are folks waiting to join the club with want adds for the game all the time. I think the biggest issues is that Stern doesn't have them on the line at the moment and supposedly not running them again until early next year.

So currently there are something like 50 SE's. 400 LE's, and who knows how many Prems for sure but I would say not as many as we have seen in other titles, also I think Covid might have had something to do with having the lower productions numbers as didn't that hit when this was on the line?

IMHO it is and will be a highly sort after game for the years to come which by the comments made in the stream we all agree on that, and I believe the popularity is there just the production numbers weren't.

#5385 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Look like you can change the default volume on the scream feature to be as loud as you like.

Nice. I want it loud as can be. When knocker goes off it scares the crap out of people. Lovevit!!!!!

#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Good stream last nite. First time I've watched one from start to finish!!!

#5387 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

And here is the cheesy feature I've been waiting for, freaking awesomely funny.
Jack I heard mentioned a few times during the stream that it's not understood why this game isn't as popular as thought for it's a ton of fun. Just to rebuttal that I think it is just as popular as there are folks waiting to join the club with want adds for the game all the time. I think the biggest issues is that Stern doesn't have them on the line at the moment and supposedly not running them again until early next year.
So currently there are something like 50 SE's. 400 LE's, and who knows how many Prems for sure but I would say not as many as we have seen in other titles, also I think Covid might have had something to do with having the lower productions numbers as didn't that hit when this was on the line?
IMHO it is and will be a highly sort after game for the years to come which by the comments made in the stream we all agree on that, and I believe the popularity is there just the production numbers weren't.

Interesting production numbers. Where did you see that? Hope its accurate

#5388 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Interesting production numbers. Where did you see that? Hope its accurate

SE and LE numbers are off of IPDB.org, unknown Prem numbers like I posted but it wasn't on the line all that long.

#5389 3 years ago

SE and LE numbers are off of IPDB.org, unknown Prem numbers like I posted but it wasn't on the line all that long.

thought they were supposed to be doing another run? still listed as in production on their site, nothing sold out.

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

thought they were supposed to be doing another run? still listed as in production on their site, nothing sold out.

That's what was indicated to start again sometime early next year, but who knows what changes will happen between now and then. It's a great title for sure and there is much more cash to be had from Elvira, we shall see what comes to be.

#5391 3 years ago

Just to rebuttal that I think it is just as popular as there are folks waiting to join the club with want adds for the game all the time.

That totally makes sense. Covid ain't helping people play this game!
This game is a blast, and it hurts my brain on how easy it is too shoot.
Lyman just keeps making this game better too.

The topper also, scared the SH*T out of me at least twice last night. haha

#5392 3 years ago

Stern doesn't have them on the line at the moment and supposedly not running them again until early next year.

I think the bulk of the current EHOH games out in the wild were produced when it was first released in fall of 2019.

I think the game had a slow start because the code they had at launch and shown as Expo was still missing a lot. I was super excited to play it at Expo last year but it was a "meh" experience. It wasn't Batman66 launch code bare but it certainly didn't wow me. Some of the Expo games has issues with the skill shot not working well and the trunk causing issues.

So much has been added since that earlier code and now in my opion its Sterns best modern pin. It has all the things I'm looking for in a game: great theme integration, multiple interesting mechs, physical ball locks (5 of them all over the playfield) , wide variety of modes to accomplish, very non linear game progession, great artwork with tons of details, great integration of video assets, great use of lighting with RGB's the house and Sppoky lightening effects, fantastic callouts by the Elvira and Tim K, buttery smooth shots, very wide variety of music styles so.youndont get.vored hearing the same thing iver.and over. It also doesnt hurt that I'm a big fan of cheesy low budget sci-fi and horror films.

I think this pin (like Batman66) was like catching lightning in a bottle where all the various elements of the game just fell together perfectly.

#5393 3 years ago

Maybe it's less popular than other games because people can't handle all that Torgo? Getting the luggage part of the Manos mode amuses me every game. It's hilarious to think Manos: The Hands of Fate, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Brain..., etc. have been forever immortalized in a pinball machine before Jaws, I love it! I think the only way I'd like this game more would be if it was MST3K, but I wouldn't want it not to be Elvira either. I still can't believe this game exists.

#5394 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think this pin (like Batman66) was like catching lightning in a bottle where all the various elements of the game just fell together perfectly.

Great post.

The stream last night showed that there are a lot more nice gameplay details coming to Elvira so much so that it eased my concern over the topper which will become a “must have” finishing touch - the proverbial cherry on top.

The risk of being an early LE buyer were big but the reward of such an immersive, well integrated game was worth it even if it took a year to get here. Those that buy a new Elvira in 2021 will get an incredible game with the playfield issues corrected and complete code right out of the box with none of the risk.

#5395 3 years ago
Quoted from Rivv:

Maybe it's less popular than other games because people can't handle all that Torgo? Getting the luggage part of the Manos mode amuses me every game. It's hilarious to think Manos: The Hands of Fate, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Brain..., etc. have been forever immortalized in a pinball machine before Jaws, I love it! I think the only way I'd like this game more would be if it was MST3K, but I wouldn't want it not to be Elvira either. I still can't believe this game exists.

Man, I love Torgo! How he stumbles along (maybe in pain, or he's just drunk) getting that heavy suitcase for those lazy ass vacationers who can't keep track of their daughter Debbie (such a downer!).

Rob

#5396 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The risk of being an early LE buyer were big but the reward of such an immersive, well integrated game was worth it even if it took a year to get here. Those that buy a new Elvira in 2021 will get an incredible game with the playfield issues corrected and complete code right out of the box with none of the risk.

I lucked into finding an LE NIB this spring when premiums were sold out here in Canada. I don't even know if any more have been available since then. I wasn't sure about the b-movie stuff and if I would like it, but the way Lyman has put together the modes, it's just a fantastic, campy experience!

"Do I look like a maniac who goes around murdering women"?

"Spoiler alert creepy doctor, yes you do!"

Rob

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the bulk of the current EHOH games out in the wild were produced when it was first released in fall of 2019.
I think the game had a slow start because the code they had at launch and shown as Expo was still missing a lot. I was super excited to play it at Expo last year but it was a "meh" experience. It wasn't Batman66 launch code bare but it certainly didn't wow me. Some of the Expo games has issues with the skill shot not working well and the trunk causing issues.
So much has been added since that earlier code and now in my opion its Sterns best modern pin. It has all the things I'm looking for in a game: great theme integration, multiple interesting mechs, physical ball locks (5 of them all over the playfield) , wide variety of modes to accomplish, very non linear game progession, great artwork with tons of details, great integration of video assets, great use of lighting with RGB's the house and Sppoky lightening effects, fantastic callouts by the Elvira and Tim K, buttery smooth shots, very wide variety of music styles so.youndont get.vored hearing the same thing iver.and over. It also doesnt hurt that I'm a big fan of cheesy low budget sci-fi and horror films.

Agreed. I was anticipating this pin for 2 yrs. When it was produced I was so disappointed. Waited 6 months and what a difference. Pretty sure its not leavin here

#5398 3 years ago
Quoted from Rivv:

Maybe it's less popular than other games because people can't handle all that Torgo?

It’s less popular because it was initially dismissed as theme with limited appeal to a niche group with a boring easy fan layout.

Those familiar with EATPM and Scared Stiff appreciate the design elements that paid homage to those two games and may be drawn to HOH in part because of that. But the Elvira team has made this game shine on its own. It’s a smooth shooting game with a brilliant haunted house storyline that can be enjoyed by newer players that may not even know of the earlier games or who Elvira is.

For Elvira fans, it’s the perfect finish to the trilogy. Three games. Three different pinball generations. Games that complement each other wonderfully but can all be enjoyed on their own merits. In a few years House of Horrors will be considered a classic when more recent pop culture titles like Stranger Things will be footnotes in pinball history.

#5399 3 years ago

I knew the real reason, but it's more fun to blame Torgo and Manos. Those of us who have willfully endured watching Manos multiple times over the years have felt real pain and have not fully healed.

#5400 3 years ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
18,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/108?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.