20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 360.
#5301 3 years ago

I dont care how limited it is, 1k is offensive.

#5302 3 years ago

Well, the Elvira image isn’t a sticker. It’s been confirmed that it’s a screened/printed plastic illuminated from behind. Also, no sticker/plaque indicating that the topper is limited. Center section does not raise fully, just slightly to show Elvira peeking out.

5CC0CB0B-92EE-471A-934B-F13211D48907 (resized).jpeg5CC0CB0B-92EE-471A-934B-F13211D48907 (resized).jpeg97CA3CD8-9A2F-4816-825F-41283B75C4FF (resized).jpeg97CA3CD8-9A2F-4816-825F-41283B75C4FF (resized).jpeg

These screenshots were taken from videos on the Facebook group.

#5303 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I dont care how limited it is, 1k is offensive.

I just wish everyone would pass on the EHoH topper. Pinball should always be fun and $1000 toppers that have no features that are limited to 200, simply aren’t fun. Why encourage this type of practice by Stern? I know what some will say - because they can and they will sell and Stern is making a lot of money, etc. However, you can have integrity, take care of your customers that spent between $8000 and $15,000 for a pinball machine AND still make money.

#5304 3 years ago

plastic illuminated from behind is so much better than a sticker, whew!

and knowing that it will pop up and scream at you adds a lot to the game.

kinda like the fish topper on Fish Tales, it could be a topper that seems necessary for the entire experience.

and with them being limited to 200, and HoH being such an incredible game, they should hold their value extremely well. I'm in.

#5305 3 years ago

Just grab 2 of these

https://www.botegadistributing.com/products/ptc-8-5-inch-gargoyle-figurine-cold-cast-resin-candle-holder-gray-color

add a bunch of these

https://www.homedepot.com/p/LUMABASE-1-5-in-Amber-Votive-LED-Candle-Set-of-12-81012/206185812

remove battery and wire up all lights in series. Can be tied directly into GI if they use 5V LEDs.

great topper for under 100 bucks

and that's just by spending 5 mins googling gargoyles and flameless candles.

Bonus if you want to add something like this in the middle with more of the left over candles around it

https://www.wayfair.com/storage-organization/pdx/world-menagerie-gothic-stone-trapped-le-penseur-thinker-gargoyle-jewelry-box-w001892224.html

But then the topper will be crazy expensive at just over $120 total cost.

#5306 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

it could be a topper that seems necessary for the entire experience

Now that you know it’s plastic and not a sticker, why do you now think it’s necessary for the entire game experience? It’s a sincere question and I’m not being sarcastic. To me, it doesn’t seem to add much of anything.

#5307 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I just wish everyone would pass on the EHoH topper. Pinball should always be fun and $1000 toppers that have no features that are limited to 200, simply aren’t fun. Why encourage this type of practice by Stern?

The folks that ordered early don’t have the option to pass. I doubt the toppers are returnable unless defective.

Whether you have the topper or not isn’t going to make this awesome topper any less fun. However, without awesome additional code enabled by the topper this may become a bigger topper debacle than Star Wars.

Shame on Stern for not releasing details on the topper before it shipped. It’s bad enough we have to gamble on LEs before code is complete. Having to commit to a topper before you know what it does to have a reasonable chance to get one is a deceptive, if not despicable practice.

#5308 3 years ago

And with no official confirmation of production being limited to 200 and no LE designation, why should we trust that’s true?

#5309 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Just grab 2 of these
https://www.botegadistributing.com/products/ptc-8-5-inch-gargoyle-figurine-cold-cast-resin-candle-holder-gray-color
add a bunch of these
https://www.homedepot.com/p/LUMABASE-1-5-in-Amber-Votive-LED-Candle-Set-of-12-81012/206185812
remove battery and wire up all lights in series. Can be tied directly into GI if they use 5V LEDs.
great topper for under 100 bucks
and that's just by spending 5 mins googling gargoyles and flameless candles.
Bonus if you want to add something like this in the middle with more of the left over candles around it
https://www.wayfair.com/storage-organization/pdx/world-menagerie-gothic-stone-trapped-le-penseur-thinker-gargoyle-jewelry-box-w001892224.html
But then the topper will be crazy expensive at just over $120 total cost.

Damn, well done. I may just take your ideas . They would work great

#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

[quoted image]

What is your speaker mod? Would like to do mine in a red or purple like yours.

#5311 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Joined the club last night. Great game! One simple question, how do you know how many shots you need to complete a haunt? I saw the “film” counts on the screen but as I hit shots it just seems to keep going and going.....

I would like to know this too. If someone else already posted let me know, tried to search in the past with no luck. I know some haunts feel like they will not end, other you need to hit the action button to set up the last shot, and one 2 just finish after like 8 or 10 shots.

#5312 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

I would like to know this too. If someone else already posted let me know, tried to search in the past with no luck. I know some haunts feel like they will not end, other you need to hit the action button to set up the last shot, and one 2 just finish after like 8 or 10 shots.

Tiltforums rulesheet may help you. It's only up to 0.93 code rules but it does describe the shots needed to complete the main haunts. For some haunts there is a specific shot to make that will end the mode (usually is lit a different color than the others) but by shooting the other lit shots you can stay in the mode and keep building points.

http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

#5313 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

What is your speaker mod? Would like to do mine in a red or purple like yours.

Looks like Dugfreez's type 13 speaker light kit in action. He provides the 4" to 5 1/4" adapter plates, colored trim rings, and LED's at a very resonable price. Be aware though that these do create a lot of reflection on the glass so plan on anti reflective glass or bent plastic to mitigate that.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

#5314 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And with no official confirmation of production being limited to 200 and no LE designation, why should we trust that’s true?

I could have sworn on one of the podcasts some said first batch was 200 and maybe more if there was enough demand.

I'm guessing this topper will have 4 separate boards. Based on the photos I see 7 LED's per gargoyle plus 4 more LED's for the skull eyes plus the strip of LED's below the crypt sign and whatever LED's are behind the Elvira pic. So that will require two of 16 output LED driver boards. The lid opening up/down will need a motor controller or a coil driver board as well as switch inputs so that's another node board. Finally you need the the main node board that talks to CPU and then tells the other topper boards what to do.

The question we all have now is how interactive it will be. We've seen the gargoyle and skull lights change during gameplay but the lid is still a mystery. I guess we'll need to wait until the next code update to see how interactive it is and if it adds a topper exclusive mode or not.

#5316 3 years ago

It’s really lame. The front only flips up to a 45 degree angle.... Prepare to be disappointed.

#5317 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s really lame. The front only flips up to a 45 degree angle.... Prepare to be disappointed.

This topper is a straight up troll job from Stern. $1000 dollars.... lube not included

I wont let this distract me from how great this game is, but wow....

edit - Credit due where credit is due to Zach Meny. Dude has had an insane week. Dropped the GnR feature video, dropped a SDTM first impressions video for GnR, I believe he recorded 2 podcasts, and then dropped the Elvira topper video. Makes me tired just thinking about it. I simply cant give this topper a pass though, haha.

#5318 3 years ago

I’m sending Stern an email expressing my extreme displeasure regarding everything relating to the topper. I encourage anyone that feels the same to also do so. However, if you do send an email, please keep it thoughtful and don’t go for low blows. I think well thought out emails may garner more attention. We do have a voice, even if it’s a small one. It only takes a minute or two to send an email.

#5319 3 years ago

That topper is an insult.

#5320 3 years ago

Easy solution for you. If you don't like dont buy. I ordered and will complete purchase as I promised. And, its not your distributors fault, no need to punish them by not keeping your word. They are struggling now with this covid bs. So tired of all the negative talk on pinside no matter the topic

#5321 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easy solution for you. If you don't like dont buy. I ordered and will complete purchase as I promised. And, its not your distributors fault, no need to punish them by not keeping your word. They are struggling now with this covid bs. So tired of all the negative talk on pinside no matter the topic

I agree with most of your post. TONS of undue bitching on pinside, and this ABSOLUTELY is not the distributors fault, no doubt about it.

Personally I believe this goes WELL beyond "if you dont like it dont buy it" though. I mean cmon.... To your own point, people are struggling with the covid horse shit, yet we are presented the most expensive topper in history, that does next to nothing.

I commend you for following through on your purchase, I honestly would do the same. I just feel you are doing yourself a disservice by NOT bitching about this. You are opening the door for future product offerings such as this. The JP topper was a JOKE, and looks like a damn bargain compared to this.

#5322 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I’m NOT buying it. However, sometimes there is a reason to be negative and the Elvira topper is one of them. There is no way anyone can justify any aspect of the topper. Simply put, it’s a ripoff. There’s also other ways to support the distributors. They sell lots of items in addition to the Elvira topper. Buy something else.

Easy solution for you. If you are tired of the negative talk, then don’t visit the threads.

#5323 3 years ago

So , has all your crying and bitching ever solved ANYTHING? I just don't get it. Ever heard of buyer beware? I was hoping for more, but it is what it is. Im willing to bet if I wish to sell at some point, I will be able to at least recoup my money.

#5324 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So , has all your crying and bitching ever solved ANYTHING? I just don't get it. Ever heard if buyer beware? I was hoping for more, but it is what it is. Im willing to bet if I wish to sell at some point, I will be able to at least recoup my money.

I don’t think I’m “bitch and crying”. I’m expressing displeasure regarding Stern’s business practices with respect to the topper. There is a big difference. I’m also not just expressing displeasure. I’m also not buying. NOT buying is what will force a change. So, my actions are consistent with my words.

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So , has all your crying and bitching ever solved ANYTHING? I just don't get it. Ever heard if buyer beware? I was hoping for more, but it is what it is. Im willing to bet if I wish to sell at some point, I will be able to at least recoup my money.

I respect your stance, but I hate that Stern is getting a pass on this from people. What would it take for you to complain? 2k topper made of cardboard?

Maybe I am being a bit extreme, and I sincerely am sorry for bitching in an owners thread. Please understand my bitching has NO reflection on the game, and it remains THE best game ive ever played. Giving this topper a pass is just wrong though. This is the type of topper I would expect to see for 99.99 from some dude working out of his garage, and even then wouldnt be impressive.

#5326 3 years ago

My concern is reliability of these toppers.
Friend had three R2d2 toppers with various issues before giving up- but at least had a shot for one to work at release.
People clearly love them, but at these higher price points will Stern support the guts of them longer term.

#5327 3 years ago

I understand everyone's opinion. Unfortunately its the world we live in. Used to go to Maui quite often. $425 a night to stay on the beach got to be stupid. So. We don't go anymore. Im suggesting same principal here. Don't buy sight unseen unless you're willing to accept what is delivered. Im on board with you all, not really happy with product and pricing structure. Lesson learned for me, maybe

#5328 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I understand everyone's opinion. Unfortunately its the world we live in. Used to go to Maui quite often. $425 a night to stay on the beach got to be stupid. So. We don't go anymore. Im suggesting same principal here. Don't buy sight unseen unless you're willing to accept what is delivered. Im on board with you all, not really happy with product and pricing structure. Lesson learned for me, maybe

Maui is incredible, hope to return someday.

#5329 3 years ago

I'm out. pretty poor from Stern on this, esp considering the higher price for the game.

You can get the turtles and avengers topper for the same money...

#5330 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm out. pretty poor from Stern on this, esp considering the higher price for the game.
You can get the turtles and avengers topper for the same money...

Ya, but they would look funny on top of elvira tho

#5331 3 years ago

This pin is probably the best I've ever played. Stern knocked it out of the park. I don't mind paying a lot for a great interactive topper but at least Stern should make it worth the money. I just don't see it thus far.

#5332 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I don't mind paying a lot for a great interactive topper but at least Stern should make it worth the money.

I agree completely. I don’t mind paying a premium for something with premium features. I’d glad pay $1000 for multiple (not one) quality game modes (not that I’m advocating for DLC) and something more interactive.

#5333 3 years ago

I started a topper discussion thread, primarily to conduct a poll regarding purchase.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper-poll-discussion#post-5900433

#5334 3 years ago

Link to new topper unboxing

#5335 3 years ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Link to new topper unboxing

Check post 5315.

#5336 3 years ago

Topper looks cool imo but should be half the price.

#5337 3 years ago

Well, one mod that it's truly required for Ehoh imo are the Pinstadium lights. Honestly they are good in most pinballs but if you are thinking on investing money on Elvira, Pinstadiums are a must. No other pinball machine looks better with them on period. (Neo Pinstadiums at 60 brightness in cool mode in picture)

Off and On.

20201009_213249 (resized).jpg20201009_213249 (resized).jpg20201009_213259 (resized).jpg20201009_213259 (resized).jpg
#5338 3 years ago

That topper is a joke. I never really understand the appeal of toppers to begin with but i’m supposed to drop $1k on this? Lol. I can buy another EM or early solid state and actually have fun playing pinball for that money.

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Well, one mod that it's truly required for Ehoh imo are the Pinstadium lights. Honestly they are good in most pinballs but if you are thinking on investing money on Elvira, Pinstadiums are a must. No other pinball machine looks better with them on period. (Neo Pinstadiums at 60 brightness in cool mode in picture)
Off and On.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not a must have for me, I would rather a sound upgrade.

#5340 3 years ago

Ordered a couple of these off of amazon 6.5 to 7inch tall.
gonna get some wood and trim and just build a knock off and add some strip colored lights doubt all in will be more then 200.

GARGOYLES (resized).jpgGARGOYLES (resized).jpg
#5341 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Ordered a couple of these off of amazon 6.5 to 7inch tall.
gonna get some wood and trim and just build a knock off and add some strip colored lights doubt all in will be more then 200.
[quoted image]

Those look nice. I saw these on amazon that you could have sitting on the backbox.

511NsnN4RWL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg511NsnN4RWL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Off and On.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I couldn't disagree more - if there is a game that doesn't_ need pinstadiums its Elvira, Its supposed to be spooky and haunted, not suntan and beach!

#5343 3 years ago

Thank you for playing!

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Those look nice. I saw these on amazon that you could have sitting on the backbox.[quoted image]

That would be a nice complement to the skulls topper that was popular for Scared Stiff.

4A9FECBE-7C88-42CD-B888-6F037DFAD09A (resized).jpeg4A9FECBE-7C88-42CD-B888-6F037DFAD09A (resized).jpeg
#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Those look nice. I saw these on amazon that you could have sitting on the backbox.[quoted image]

I’m stealing that. Great idea!

#5346 3 years ago
b2e5bf4b3d914a196186fae5b6e12f2c (resized).jpgb2e5bf4b3d914a196186fae5b6e12f2c (resized).jpg
#5347 3 years ago

Topper arrived and installed...I have to say I do like it, it is very well made, seems to be all metal housing. Lights look good and I feel it really compliments the game. Still, the 1K price was a tough pill to swallow...however, being a collector all my life of many things and now Pinball Machines made this topper a must have, I wanted the complete "All Original" package...as it is the "Official" topper of EHOH.

E and M (resized).jpgE and M (resized).jpg
#5348 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Tiltforums rulesheet may help you. It's only up to 0.93 code rules but it does describe the shots needed to complete the main haunts. For some haunts there is a specific shot to make that will end the mode (usually is lit a different color than the others) but by shooting the other lit shots you can stay in the mode and keep building points.
http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

Thank you this was helpful. Is there any way to tell what you need for each haunt from the screen?

#5349 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Topper arrived and installed...I have to say I do like it, it is very well made, seems to be all metal housing. Lights look good and I feel it really compliments the game. Still, the 1K price was a tough pill to swallow...however, being a collector all my life of many things and now Pinball Machines made this topper a must have, I wanted the complete "All Original" package...as it is the "Official" topper of EHOH.
[quoted image]

Seeing it next to the Munster topper, I do have to say I think it looks quite a bit better. Mechanically perhaps not so much, but the overall design lines up with the game well. Just not for $1k

#5350 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

[quoted image]

The complete package should have been sold complete from stern with the topper on the LE. Now there will be 200 or more LE’s that are not “complete”. JJP offers a better package to the collector with their CE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/107?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.