IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 362.
#5251 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I got my left ramp fixed.. I just drilled the holes slightly bigger (almost, but not quite 1/4 inch). That sounds big, but it really isn't. It's working perfect now.
Man, I love this fricken' game! Dennis designed a great shooting layout, Greg did awesome art, Jerry did wonderful audio and Lyman is awesome on code!
Rob

Your right you know,Lyman is fantastic but its the whole package they all deserve praise
Dennis really did come up with a great design, I think it was him that insisted on retro red Jackpot lights but I love them being separate from the Haunts RBG target arrowheads.
I absolutely love Gregs the style of the artwork very evocative of that 70's 80's style of doodle art that was just jammed packed with little bits you just keep finding new things in it(pic of a puzzle thats in the same style attached)feels very hand crafted and less cg.
The audio is fantastic love the theme music and the call outs are so fun, game just puts you in a good mood.

0-artwork-golf (resized).jpg0-artwork-golf (resized).jpg
#5252 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just got a call from my distributor. The Elvira toppers are in. Sad to say there isn't a third screen. The flip-up center is a static image with $1000 price tag. I walked away from my pre-order. The game is great but the topper blows.

Put that $1000 savings towards a GNR i am hahahaha not happy Stern!

#5253 3 years ago

Are these toppers actually limited to 200? If so I can see them doubling in price quickly.

#5254 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Are these toppers actually limited to 200? If so I can see them doubling in price quickly.

Based on the recent intel regarding the static image, I’d hold that thought pending more info.

#5255 3 years ago

Well, it’s on its way!

AC2FF4F3-BF0B-4199-B20C-58EA7A6CFD34 (resized).jpegAC2FF4F3-BF0B-4199-B20C-58EA7A6CFD34 (resized).jpeg
#5256 3 years ago

I'm still keeping my topper, when it arrives. Hope guy who says its static image is wrong, still think it will hold its value

#5257 3 years ago

The grave flips up and it’s a static image. I’ve seen a photo...not worth $250 if you ask me.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm still keeping my topper, when it arrives. Hope guy who says its static image is wrong, still think it will hold its value

#5258 3 years ago

Still hoping photo not showing all. Thought there were 3 coils, gargoyles gonna jump? Still hoping for best

#5259 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Well, it’s on its way!
[quoted image]

So, your topper has been paid for and shipped and you have no idea what it does or what features it contains?

#5260 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

So, your topper has been paid for and shipped and you have no idea what it does or what features it contains?

welcome to pinside

#5261 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

you have no idea what it does or what features it contains?

Well, that won’t be true for much longer.

If these are beginning to ship, we should see a code update soon.

#5262 3 years ago

The grave flips up and lobs a mini corn dog into my mouth. I hope

#5263 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

The grave flips up and lobs a mini corn dog into my mouth. I hope

Why not a full size corn dog?

Rob

#5264 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Why not a full size corn dog?
Rob

<funny gif of someone choking on full size corn dog>

#5265 3 years ago

It’s been almost a year and I still have no idea about this feature

Make-Your-Own Dang B-Movie Trailer” from various library clips of vast content. Game will programmatically “build” a movie trailer based on the player’s individual gameplay experience.

Am I missing something or is this not in the game yet.

#5266 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Am I missing something or is this not in the game yet.

I don’t believe you are missing something.

#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I don’t believe you are missing something.

What is interesting is that it is on the Main Attractions matrix. Everything else is there except for this. I hope it hasn’t been scrapped.

#5268 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

What is interesting is that it is on the Main Attractions matrix. Everything else is there except for this. I hope it hasn’t been scrapped.

If I recall correctly, you are not the first person in the thread to raise the issue. I guess all we can do is wait and see, but it would be in poor form if it wasn’t included.

#5269 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Well, it’s on its way!
[quoted image]

Elvira Topper? not Tooper? I think just about every stern topper i've gotten has said 'Tooper' on the box lol

#5270 3 years ago

Saw topper today confirmed same static Elvira expression as back glass which can flip up.
Skulls on sides of crypt each have red LED eyes. Gargoyles are decent static sculpts with LED boards at base.
It all must respond to code, but no info included.

Forgot to grab video as I was dumbfounded how this was twice as much as the BK topper next to it.
I didn’t see any plaque if these are limited.

Maybe someone who bought one can share soon.

#5271 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Forgot to grab video as I was dumbfounded how this was twice as much as the BK topper next to it.

I was on a list with a distributor to get a topper. The distributor got in touch with me yesterday and said he had it and it was ready to ship to me. I had to pass given the price and apparent features (or maybe better said - lack there of).

I’ve never bought anything from the distributor, so, given the fact there are only 200, I was really surprised to get the call. I figured I’d be a low priority. Maybe they aren’t selling well?

#5272 3 years ago

Also, how are these toppers being sold without any info as to what they do? For a $1000 (plus tax and shipping I might add), I think you should know exactly what you are getting for your money. However, maybe that’s the point. You aren’t getting anything for your money and Stern doesn’t want you to know that until after they all sold. Anyway, I’m done b$&@hing about the topper. For those that did buy it, I hope it is way better than everyone is expecting...for your sake.

#5273 3 years ago

I think people are scrambling because of the rumor that they are limited to 200.

I have an invoice to hold my spot, but haven't paid it until I see that it's worth it.

I think it will be. either way it turns out Lyman will find a unique way to code it into the game play and add another layer of depth to the overall experience.

#5274 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Nope, it's still in the feature matrix.

Elviras-House-of-Horrors-Pinball-Feature-Matrix (resized).jpgElviras-House-of-Horrors-Pinball-Feature-Matrix (resized).jpg
#5275 3 years ago

Let’s get a video of this fucking topper already sheesh

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5276 3 years ago

My 3 yr old granddaughter asked why no birds in the trees, couldn't find a bird, so she got bats. Prob pull em after halloween

20201009_110031 (resized).jpg20201009_110031 (resized).jpg20201009_110039 (resized).jpg20201009_110039 (resized).jpg
#5277 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Let’s get a video of this fucking topper already sheesh

I couldn’t have said it better. What’s the big secret?!?! Distributors have them so let’s see one

#5278 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I couldn’t have said it better. What’s the big secret?!?! Distributors have them so let’s see one

They know everyone will be disappointed.

There is no LCD screen. It is the static pic of Elvira we've already seen.
So far, the lid doesn't open during the game. Maybe additional code is needed.
The gargoyles and eyes do light up.

I paid for mine last night. I guess it'll be late next week when I get it.

#5279 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

They know everyone will be disappointed.
There is no LCD screen. It is the static pic of Elvira we've already seen.
So far, the lid doesn't open during the game. Maybe additional code is needed.
The gargoyles and eyes do light up.

Well, it hasn’t been confirmed from anyone that has received a topper that there is no LCD. [Edit: confirmed there is no LCD] The Elvira image could be protective plastic. Probably not, but there’s still hope. [Edit: nope, no hope]

And we already know the code for the topper isn’t in the code yet. (Testing the coil in the service menu doesn’t count). Unfortunately, absent an official announcement from Stern, it looks like we won’t know the extent of topper features until the next code drop. The total lack of information from Stern on the topper in almost a year is concerning - is this going to be a Halloween trick or treat?

For $1k there better be a significant addition to game play enabled by the topper.

#5280 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The Elvira image could be protective plastic. Probably not, but there’s still hope.

Unfortunately it’s flat sticker.
3D pop up birthday card is a bit more impressive.
11633601-065F-476F-AD91-5AC69ADF28FC.gif11633601-065F-476F-AD91-5AC69ADF28FC.gif

#5281 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Unfortunately it’s flat sticker.

Do you have a topper in hand? Maybe it’s a backlit image.

#5282 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I do not. Dealer opened one yesterday to display and messed with the flip panel.
The two Gargoyle sculpts were not bad.
I just didn’t see 1k worth of value, someone else may.

#5283 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm guessing its backlit as well.

Not sure why the staic image is basically the same Elvira pose that's a few inches below on the backglass.

5b268987cba30633f9b16287acc5e40d9d609cab (resized).jpg5b268987cba30633f9b16287acc5e40d9d609cab (resized).jpg64dcdc2ad9329d7b904da89966a4c70f781c230c.jpeg (resized).jpg64dcdc2ad9329d7b904da89966a4c70f781c230c.jpeg (resized).jpg

It's like the TMNT topper where they duplicated the logo from the top of the backglass to the front of the topper.

52dd58e8d54c10c1320169069d3911452e8a624b (resized).png52dd58e8d54c10c1320169069d3911452e8a624b (resized).png

When that stuff happens the art director should step in and say, "WTF guys?"

#5284 3 years ago
FC2FDF78-E847-4A58-B46A-9EBB24AB36E9 (resized).jpegFC2FDF78-E847-4A58-B46A-9EBB24AB36E9 (resized).jpeg
#5285 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

[quoted image]

Is that yours? If so how about some description to go along with the photo?

#5286 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, it hasn’t been confirmed from anyone that has received a topper that there is no LCD. The Elvira image could be protective plastic. Probably not, but there’s still hope.
And we already know the code for the topper isn’t in the code yet. (Testing the coil in the service menu doesn’t count). Unfortunately, absent an official announcement from Stern, it looks like we won’t know the extent of topper features until the next code drop. The total lack of information from Stern on the topper in almost a year is concerning - is this going to be a Halloween trick or treat?
For $1k there better be a significant addition to game play enabled by the topper.

Actually, it has been confirmed it doesn't have an LCD. And the lights do light up. A member of one of my FB groups posted about it. Unfortunately, I can't find the post now. I can't remember who posted it or which group it was in.

Edit: It's in the EHoH owners' FB group.

"OK well just an FYI I started the deadhead family crypt and finished it three times nothing happened I started the trunk multi ball and nothing happened I’ve pretty much tried several things and the lid just sit there my friend Dave Paz suggested maybe the code needs to be updated I think he may be right I don’t know but for now it just sits there and looks pretty although the eyes and the skeletons do light up when you start deadhead family crypt"

"Gargoyle heads don’t move the only thing that moves is the lid I have a video down below it is very nice looking and definitely very good quality just trying to figure out what will make it work perhaps the code is not finished yet"

#5287 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Actually, it has been confirmed it doesn't have an LCD. And the lights do light up. A member of one of my FB groups posted about it. Unfortunately, I can't find the post now. I can't remember who posted it or which group it was in.
Edit: It's in the EHoH owners' FB group.

Yep they even have a few vids there with the owner stating he is not sure what it does or what makes the lid open, but its a photo for sure under the lid.

#5288 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yep they even have a few vids there with the owner stating he is not sure what it does or what makes the lid open, but its a photo for sure under the lid.

He’s been a pin guy for 6 mos and may be having difficulty with its operation. I got home, ate and installed it. Still in my suit. Description will have to wait for a bit.

#5290 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

He’s been a pin guy for 6 mos and may be having difficulty with its operation. I got home, ate and installed it. Still in my suit. Description will have to wait for a bit.

You stopped to eat? Come on man ...

Looking forward to your thoughts. No need to change out of your suit.

#5291 3 years ago

Looks like code to active opening/closing isn't it place yet. They did show adjustment #263 in the menus to enable/disable "topper attract mode scream".

I dont recall anyone mentioning that before but I also see it in my menu without a topper installed.

#5292 3 years ago

The game deserves better. More money doesn't make a better topper. I literally could do better given a weekend and $100 budget.

#5293 3 years ago

I've got one waitin for me to pick up, kinda bummed on it, but there IS only 200 so hopin they hold value. Gotta believe it makes ehoh more saleable with topper than not. Don't matter to me tho, game not leavin any time soon

#5294 3 years ago

I tried the scream setting adjustment and it lets you adjust it from 0% to 100%. If you set it to 100% then when you hit a flipper button during attact mode it screams. If it's at 50% then sometimes it screams and sometimes it plays a random sound clip. If its 0% it never screams, just plays a random sound clip when you hit flipper button.

#5295 3 years ago

Damn, got to Gappa Angry for the first time tonight, but after the ball came out of the house and fed through the pops it went SDTM! Luckily there was a ball save, but the mode still ended anyway! I did get to hear the small child say, "Don't go there, Gappa Angry." But that's it, none of the rest of the mode, and the freak fryer went back to zero. Boo! Oh well, just more incentive to get back there again I guess.

#5296 3 years ago

Not my pics, but from the Facebook group:

8F548712-5B68-4F83-A921-B3234D08D64B (resized).jpeg8F548712-5B68-4F83-A921-B3234D08D64B (resized).jpeg91A69E94-9C81-4E32-B87B-637E4211E027 (resized).jpeg91A69E94-9C81-4E32-B87B-637E4211E027 (resized).jpegA17070E8-053C-4DD8-AF90-CFCC16B16EFF (resized).jpegA17070E8-053C-4DD8-AF90-CFCC16B16EFF (resized).jpegD2B6648A-09BF-4F08-9E47-E87DA31BEBC7 (resized).jpegD2B6648A-09BF-4F08-9E47-E87DA31BEBC7 (resized).jpegD911C193-4166-4F4C-87B0-74E13585CDCF (resized).jpegD911C193-4166-4F4C-87B0-74E13585CDCF (resized).jpegDB025D51-26EA-4CF7-96C3-251907ACA27B (resized).jpegDB025D51-26EA-4CF7-96C3-251907ACA27B (resized).jpegF1A166E5-201D-4AF3-A31F-80DA6E8A009B (resized).jpegF1A166E5-201D-4AF3-A31F-80DA6E8A009B (resized).jpeg
#5297 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've got one waitin for me to pick up, kinda bummed on it, but there IS only 200 so hopin they hold value. Gotta believe it makes ehoh more saleable with topper than not. Don't matter to me tho, game not leavin any time soon

Did Stern officially say it's limited to 200? The Star Wars topper was limited and had a numbered plaque. All the LE machines are numbered. If this was limited to 200 you expect it to be numbered as well. Maybe the first batch is 200 and if there is still demand they will make more?

All the pics so far with the center flipped up have only showed it open to up to about 45 degrees. Does it flip up all the way or just halfway?

#5298 3 years ago

I was told by distributor 200 only, and have read here that 200. Same as bksor. I still have hopes that topper is better than early reports,

#5299 3 years ago

Joined the club last night. Great game! One simple question, how do you know how many shots you need to complete a haunt? I saw the “film” counts on the screen but as I hit shots it just seems to keep going and going.....

#5300 3 years ago

That’s really too bad about the topper. I know the topper code probably isn’t complete, but it seems like the only other thing it could do is have the front of the crypt flip up. However, it does look cool, but that by itself isn’t enough to justify the price tag. Bummer because I was certain I was going to get the topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/106?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.