IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 363.
#5201 3 years ago

So...my motor controller board had a short and my center ramp is going up and down repeatedly making the game unplayable. Does anyone know where to source part 520-8418-00 motor controller board? I email stern but have not heard back yet. Any advise is helpful, my heart is broken with this game down

#5202 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:So...my motor controller board had a short and my center ramp is going up and down repeatedly making the game unplayable. Does anyone know where to source part 520-8418-00 motor controller board? I email stern but have not heard back yet. Any advise is helpful, my heart is broken with this game down

If you are the original buyer then the distributor you bought it from should be able to help.

If you bought it used then find out from the seller which distributor they bought it from and try asking them if they can order it for you.

#5203 3 years ago

Thanks, yeah I’m the second owner. I’ll send the seller an email and see if he can put me in touch.

Quoted from docquest:

If you are the original buyer then the distributor you bought it from should be able to help.
If you bought it used then find out from the seller which distributor they bought it from and try asking them if they can order it for you.

#5204 3 years ago

Getting itchy for another code update. I'm already spoiled.

#5205 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Does anyone know where to source part 520-8418-00 motor controller board?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-motor-24-vdc-12-rpm-no-harness.html

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed you're looking for the board. Hopefully, Stern will help you quickly. Good luck!

#5206 3 years ago

I've had EHOH for about a week now and my AFMr arrived yesterday. AFM is very, very good but if I could only have one game it would be Elvira - it's a must have. Very deep and entertaining...and funny!.

#5207 3 years ago

Yeah the dual motor board seems to be unavailable other than from Stern unfortunately. I’ve got Chris at cointaker looking into sourcing the board for me. LOVE this game, can’t wait to have it back up and running!

Quoted from Mtg381:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-motor-24-vdc-12-rpm-no-harness.html
EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed you're looking for the board. Hopefully, Stern will help you quickly. Good luck!

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I could sell my Medieval remake and walk into one of these. Not sure if that would be a good move. Have only played EHOH a few times. Need to play it more. It definitely has my interest.

This is exactly what i did. I solf my MMR and i have zéro regrets! This is a AWSOME game.

#5209 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely. Lighted Pinball Mods sells these for all sorts of games (you can change whatever video it plays), and we use them on stage when playing music. They have to be mounted REAL high otherwise you might walk into it and get smacked!
They are exactly like a fan with embedded LEDs that change super fast to create the illusion. It’s pretty awesome.

Does anybody know where to get/buy those videos? I am looking for the haunted house for my 3d fan which - due to high shipment costs and taxes from US--I have bought here in Europe.

#5210 3 years ago

Ciao a tutti

2F82C7E9-14F6-43C3-B50F-6FBF96D24841 (resized).jpeg2F82C7E9-14F6-43C3-B50F-6FBF96D24841 (resized).jpeg977EAAF7-1FB2-44B4-8AE8-A0B177EE3DF1 (resized).jpeg977EAAF7-1FB2-44B4-8AE8-A0B177EE3DF1 (resized).jpeg9D928FBE-7C5D-45B6-B514-1BF6BBB992E4 (resized).jpeg9D928FBE-7C5D-45B6-B514-1BF6BBB992E4 (resized).jpegAA685499-21D4-4B04-9983-A0FC566FA4F9 (resized).jpegAA685499-21D4-4B04-9983-A0FC566FA4F9 (resized).jpegF6E75F9E-3AAD-4A7E-8FD1-80DEA63F6F96 (resized).jpegF6E75F9E-3AAD-4A7E-8FD1-80DEA63F6F96 (resized).jpegFCF8007A-63EC-4781-80FD-CDD0C37E8292 (resized).jpegFCF8007A-63EC-4781-80FD-CDD0C37E8292 (resized).jpeg
#5211 3 years ago

I finished fixing the left ramp opto on my game and came across a small screw in the cabinet (ride side, middle). I'm thinking it's maybe from the Crypt assembly, but I can't tell for sure. There's quite a few places that a 1/4 screw can come from, but this one isn't married to a lock washer.

Nope, not from the crypt as far as I can see. I'll just leave it for now... It almost looks like the screw is broken off from somewhere.

Rob
20201004_142541 (resized).jpg20201004_142541 (resized).jpg

#5212 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me where the 4 ohm setting is in the adjustments menu? I changed my speakers to 4 ohm and wanted to adjust the settings properly but ran through all the adjustments and can't find it.

Thanks

#5213 3 years ago

I was wondering what the blue part is called or part number in this picture. Circled in yellow. There are 2 at the base of the left ramp and one at the base of the right ramp. Tried looking at the schematic for both the left and right ramp but it seems not to show up there or maybe I'm just missing it.

Pinball Pics (resized).jpgPinball Pics (resized).jpg
#5214 3 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Can anyone tell me where the 4 ohm setting is in the adjustments menu? I changed my speakers to 4 ohm and wanted to adjust the settings properly but ran through all the adjustments and can't find it.
Thanks

Go into the menu's / UTIL / VOL .... under here scrolling left and right will take you the Ohm settings for Cab and then backbox.

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

I was wondering what the blue part is called or part number in this picture. Circled in yellow. There are 2 at the base of the left ramp and one at the base of the right ramp. Tried looking at the schematic for both the left and right ramp but it seems not to show up there or maybe I'm just missing it.
[quoted image]

They can go buy a few names. Stern blue bumper pad or Stern Nub of Death etc...

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bnod-blue-nubs-of-death.html

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I finished fixing the left ramp opto on my game and came across a small screw in the cabinet (ride side, middle). I'm thinking it's maybe from the Crypt assembly, but I can't tell for sure. There's quite a few places that a 1/4 screw can come from, but this one isn't married to a lock washer.
Nope, not from the crypt as far as I can see. I'll just leave it for now... It almost looks like the screw is broken off from somewhere.
Rob
[quoted image]

my left ramp opto is out. really makes the game unfun.

#5217 3 years ago

My right opto was out for six months from the time it went out to the time Stern sent me the right part and I got it installed. Couldn’t play the game. Hoping the optos on this machine don’t fail again.

#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My right opto was out for six months from the time it went out to the time Stern sent me the right part and I got it installed. Couldn’t play the game. Hoping the optos on this machine don’t fail again.

Yikes. That must have sucked. Doesn’t Stern use the same optos in almost every game? Couldn’t they be replaced with something from PBL?

#5219 3 years ago

Just got a call from my distributor. The Elvira toppers are in. Sad to say there isn't a third screen. The flip-up center is a static image with $1000 price tag. I walked away from my pre-order. The game is great but the topper blows.

#5220 3 years ago

Well that sucks , but makes me feel a little better since my ceiling is to low to install toppers,, I really wanted one for my munsters also. guess this makes me feel better .$$$$$$$$$$$$

#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just got a call from my distributor. The Elvira toppers are in. Sad to say there isn't a third screen. The flip-up center is a static image with $1000 price tag. I walked away from my pre-order. The game is great but the topper blows.

OMG

#5222 3 years ago

Thats disappointing.

Who is your distributor? Did they send you any new pics that are different that what was leaked earlier.

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yikes. That must have sucked. Doesn’t Stern use the same optos in almost every game? Couldn’t they be replaced with something from PBL?

i was unable to find this opto anywhere but marco and it was $20 i believe. mine was missing the spacer (found it in the cabinet) so more than likely failed before it left the factory.

#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats disappointing.
Who is your distributor? Did they send you any new pics that are different that what was leaked earlier.

I don’t want to say because he needs to maintain a relationship with Stern. He unpack it while I was on the phone with him and confirmed my fears that the flip up was a static image of Elvira. Needless to say we were both disappointed (me as a potential buyer and him as a seller).

#5225 3 years ago

Elvira should be topless anyway.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5226 3 years ago

I don’t want to say because he needs to maintain a relationship with Stern. He unpack it while I was on the phone with him and confirmed my fears that the flip up was a static image of Elvira. Needless to say we were both disappointed (me as a potential buyer and him as a seller).

Is it possible that the image of Elvira was just on the protective film over an LCD?

#5227 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

my left ramp opto is out. really makes the game unfun.

I put Elvira back together and after a few games the left ramp opto started being erratic again, worse than ever. I scored several billion points just from UnHappy hour. At least the ramp is fairly easy to remove.

Rob

20201005_204129 (resized).jpg20201005_204129 (resized).jpg
#5228 3 years ago

Even if I flex the ramp a bit, the optos still go out of alignment too easily.

Rob

#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Even if I flex the ramp a bit, the optos still go out of alignment too easily.

Rob

I had right ramp phantom triggering and enlarging the opto holes in the ramp fixed it.

#5230 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I had right ramp phantom triggering and enlarging the opto holes in the ramp fixed it.

That fix is my last resort. I'm going to check and make sure the metal bracket isn't causing other misalignment issues.
Rob

#5231 3 years ago

From the October Stern of the Union:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.99.0). Be on the lookout for a new code update soon.

#5232 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From the October Stern of the Union:
Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.99.0). Be on the lookout for a new code update soon.

They said that last month!

#5233 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is true, but Stern had to rush Avengers out so they didn’t lose sales to GNR, thus pushing back Elvira code. Can’t wait to see what else Lyman did with code!

#5234 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not exactly. Last month they said “later this month”.

But hey, it’s Lyman. It’ll be worth the wait.

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not exactly. Last month they said “later this month”.
But hey, it’s Lyman. It’ll be worth the wait.

Just joking around guys, it's basically going to be the last update (probably), so I'm sure it will be huge!

#5236 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just joking around guys, it's basically going to be the last update (probably), so I'm sure it will be huge!

why would it be the last? there are a few features that are not even coded yet. 1.0 doesn't mean done...

#5237 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

1.0 doesn't mean done...

No, but the convention the last few years is that it means “feature complete”.

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

why would it be the last? there are a few features that are not even coded yet. 1.0 doesn't mean done...

Yeah, Stern is a bit wonky with their code numbering. 1.0 is supposed to mean base-feature complete. Modes and stuff can still be added, and bugfixes too of course, but 1.0 is supposed to be a fully complete game. So that's probably why people are thinking that.

Sometimes Stern stops at 1.0, but a lot of times not.

#5239 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Sometimes Stern stops at 1.0, but a lot of times not

It would be nice if Stern came up with a process or update coding system that is a definitive standard followed for all of their pins. It always seems like a bit of a guessing game for those of us that purchased a pin before it is completed. It’s a bit of a leap of faith and really shouldn’t be given the upfront cost of a pin. Maybe they guarantee that it is 80% complete on the ship date with the code to be fully completed no more than one year from the release date. Ideally, it would be 100% complete on the ship date but I don’t see that happening.

#5240 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, Stern is a bit wonky with their code numbering. 1.0 is supposed to mean base-feature complete. Modes and stuff can still be added, and bugfixes too of course, but 1.0 is supposed to be a fully complete game. So that's probably why people are thinking that.
Sometimes Stern stops at 1.0, but a lot of times not.

Well that’s interesting. What games have received post-1.0 updates? (Besides GB)

#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well that’s interesting. What games have received post-1.0 updates? (Besides GB)

in looking at https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/ , quite a few. TMNT, batman, BK, Munster, IM, etc....

#5242 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It would be nice if Stern came up with a process or update coding system that is a definitive standard followed for all of their pins. It always seems like a bit of a guessing game for those of us that purchased a pin before it is completed. It’s a bit of a leap of faith and really shouldn’t be given the upfront cost of a pin. Maybe they guarantee that it is 80% complete on the ship date with the code to be fully completed no more than one year from the release date. Ideally, it would be 100% complete on the ship date but I don’t see that happening.

That’s essentially the change made a few years ago to the convention we have now. But that doesn’t mean we get a “what does feature complete mean for game x”? during the process.

It’s still a leap of faith which is why you should be happy with the code level when you purchase the game (which can suck if you want an LE). My last two LEs were Batman and Elvira but I never would have bought them if Lyman wasn’t in charge of the code.

I really don’t see Stern getting to feature complete on release unless there is another Munsters debacle.

#5243 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, nearly all of them have some sort of post-1.0 update. In a lot of cases it's just minor tweaks and bugfixes. For instance, nothing of any real meaning was added to Munsters post 1.0.

It would be interesting to know which games had MAJOR or significantly game-changing updates. Ala GB.

#5244 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What games have received post-1.0 updates?

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Which games had MAJOR or significantly game-changing updates (ala GB)?

Mustang code was updated to 1.45 on 11/06/17. Game is really good with 1.40 (and 1.45) code.

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

nothing of any real meaning was added to Munsters post 1.0.

Some would say nothing of real meaning was added before 1.0 either ...

Quoted from DakotaMike:

It would be interesting to know which games had MAJOR or significantly game-changing updates. Ala GB.

Pretty sure GB was before the new convention.

#5246 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, nearly all of them have some sort of post-1.0 update. In a lot of cases it's just minor tweaks and bugfixes. For instance, nothing of any real meaning was added to Munsters post 1.0.

That’s a much better way to phrase what I intended - looks like GB...

#5247 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No, but the convention the last few years is that it means “feature complete”.

Nope not feature complete until we get the " Make your own B movie feature " that was stated in the feature list

#5248 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:Nope not feature complete until we get the " Make your own B movie feature " that was stated in the feature list

I always assumed that morphed into “Trailer Trash” but it sure doesn’t resemble what was promised

#5249 3 years ago

Isn't that what you're doing every time you make a mode shot? You add one more scene to the film with each shot until it's completed?

#5250 3 years ago

I got my left ramp fixed.. I just drilled the holes slightly bigger (almost, but not quite 1/4 inch). That sounds big, but it really isn't. It's working perfect now.

Man, I love this fricken' game! Dennis designed a great shooting layout, Greg did awesome art, Jerry did wonderful audio and Lyman is awesome on code!

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

11,855 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/105 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.