IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 362.
#5151 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think the best toppers follow the theme but show something different than the backglass. Since she is on the backglass, an alternate topper would do just fine without her on it.

I agree it's way more interesting to make the topper compliment the games theme vs just duplicating stuff already there. The Stern topper for TMNT prominently displays the TMNT logo just a few inches above the exact same logo on the backglass.

For the DIY types I saw this spooky old timey movie projector Halloween decoration at Lowes the other day. When triggered, the two reels spin and it projects a flickering pic of Frankenstein on a nearby surface. You could replace the internal slide from Frankenstein to one of Elvira or the movie macabre logo and trigger it to run whenever you are in a haunt. Totally fits the theme of the game and is $970.01 less than the Stern topper.
191245261445_15486161 (resized).jpg191245261445_15486161 (resized).jpg

#5152 3 years ago

i think we'll see the 1.0 update and official launch of sterns topper about same time , sounds like they said we can expect an update this month so soon.
I would suspect once its official we'll see 3rd party announcements shortly after.

I mean what if stern announcement is this actually a Limited Edition topper, and that this is the first tiered topper line they've releasing and the same topper without the extras is only 350.. and THAT is the actual new reveal when they officially launch it.. *shrug* we'll know soon enough

At this point I think I like the idea of just buying 4 7inch gargoyle statues and add led strip light to light them and save 800 bucks..

#5153 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I mean what if stern announcement is this actually a Limited Edition topper, and that this is the first tiered topper line they've releasing and the same topper without the extras is only 350..

Multiple topper choices from Stern would be interesting.

Batman66 is only Stern game I can think of that had multiple toppers available. They had the batmobile topper that only came with SLE/LE games and couldnt be purchased separately. Then they sold two different toppers as accessories; the batsignal projector and the "villains" topper.

The weird thing I never understood is that the way cooler projector topper came with multiple node boards, was interactive with gameplay and cost $250. The "villains" topper was flat plastics, no node boards, and no interactivity and cost $400.

#5154 3 years ago

I've only had Elvira a few days now but WOW what a great machine! A must have for any collection. 'Especially like the gargoyles.

#5155 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

i think we'll see the 1.0 update and official launch of sterns topper about same time , sounds like they said we can expect an update this month so soon.

Well obviously there isn’t much time left in the month so if we don’t get code in a few days it’s going to be October and a number of distributors have said the topper will be available in October. Either way you would think we’ll see both within a couple weeks.

#5157 3 years ago

Absolutely. Lighted Pinball Mods sells these for all sorts of games (you can change whatever video it plays), and we use them on stage when playing music. They have to be mounted REAL high otherwise you might walk into it and get smacked!

They are exactly like a fan with embedded LEDs that change super fast to create the illusion. It’s pretty awesome.

#5158 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely. Lighted Pinball Mods sells these for all sorts of games (you can change whatever video it plays), and we use them on stage when playing music. They have to be mounted REAL high otherwise you might walk into it and get smacked!
They are exactly like a fan with embedded LEDs that change super fast to create the illusion. It’s pretty awesome.

eBay/Ali express sells them cheap. They’ve become very popular at trade shows in the past 2 years

#5160 3 years ago

Well.....its not the $1000 toppper....but it will have to due until I can come up with a better idea. Gonna see about trying to add movable tombstones in the front.

20200926_110137 (resized).jpg20200926_110137 (resized).jpg
#5161 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Well.....its not the $1000 toppper....but it will have to due until I can come up with a better idea. Gonna see about trying to add movable tombstones in the front.
[quoted image]

looks great!

#5162 3 years ago

Cointaker has this topper for Scared Stiff;
https://cointaker.com/products/scared-stiff-pinball-topper

#5163 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

eBay/Ali express sells them cheap. They’ve become very popular at trade shows in the past 2 years

Would you happen to have a link? Can't seem to locate them. TIA

#5165 3 years ago

If anyone is having trouble finding the Elvira side armor for the premium, I just noticed Nitro Pinball has them in stock.

#5166 3 years ago

If you could program this hologram to show a haunt every time you get a haunt, that should be awesome!

#5167 3 years ago

The left ramp entrance opto has gone flakey on my game, which made me also find this.

It seems like the tabs are not welded, or the welds broke.... Is anyone else's game like this?

Rob

#5168 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Sneaking a ball into the coffin lock is one of my favorite “cheap” shots in pinball. Very difficult though!

This happened to me while locking balls in Gappa Angry and it counted it! Called it a "sneaky lock"

#5169 3 years ago

I think i've found the best mod yet to date folks!

If you don't put the Pinwoofer kit on this game you are missing out on a whole added dimension.

Holy Crap!!!

It's takes the sound to an 10 clicks above even the LE updated speakers.

Almost as good as the AlienLE setup, maybe better?

It's a MUST HAVE!

#5170 3 years ago

Why elvira does not have a flipper adjustment as most sterns and other modern games. Cant find it on the menus.
There is a difference in age, use, house voltages and even betwen machines.

On our the flippers are lightening fast and the game is suffering and is harder. The voltage in my house is 130v , I made the adjustments on a jurassic park and wonka but cant find where and how to do it on Elvira. Any suggestions ?

#5171 3 years ago

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the bracket that holds the ramp optos in place doesn't keep the optos aligned very well. Rather than enlarging holes in the ramp, I decided to align the optos and then secure them better with a dab of silicone. The stuff I used goes on white, but dries clear. This should hopefully keep them from shifting out of position due to vibration.

Yes, that's is how the optos both align with the ramp holes. Not quite straight.....

Rob

20200927_222520 (resized).jpg20200927_222520 (resized).jpg

#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you don't put the Pinwoofer kit on this game you are missing out on a whole added dimension.
Holy Crap!!!
It's a MUST HAVE!

Did you use new super kit ? Think it's called that,

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The left ramp entrance opto has gone flakey on my game, which made me also find this.
It seems like the tabs are not welded, or the welds broke.... Is anyone else's game like this?

My LE was like that from the factory.

#5174 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the bracket that holds the ramp optos in place doesn't keep the optos aligned very well. Rather than enlarging holes in the ramp, I decided to alight the optos and then secure them better with a dab of silicone. The stuff I used goes on white, but dries clear. This should hopefully keep them from shifting out of position due to vibration.
Yes, that's is how the optos both align with the ramp holes. Not quite straight.....
[quoted image]

Did you do that on the right ramp too?
What silicone did you use?

#5175 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you do that on the right ramp too?
What silicone did you use?

I just used mondo ultimate (exterior). I don't know what the differences between different types are. This is all I had in my tool chest. A little dab will do ya!

I have not had any issue with the right ramp, but if I do I will tackle it then. I didn't realize it was the same bracket?

Rob

#5176 3 years ago

Is there any flipper strength adjustment? I can't seem to left flip the left ramp without it loosing speed and returning.

#5177 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Is there any flipper strength adjustment? I can't seem to left flip the left ramp without it loosing speed and returning.

Not at the moment but hopefully future updates will include one. However check your pitch of the machine, many including myself seem to find the flippers too strong not on the weak side.

#5178 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I would check the coil stops on the flippers. Sounds like you might have a bad one if you can’t make that shot.

#5179 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Holy Crap!!!
It's a MUST HAVE!

I just added the pinwoofer upgrade as well and I can confirm they make the game sound much better, which equals me wanting to play more. I love that I can change the bass and treble settings, and really dial in the best sound for my room! Also added pin Woofer to DP and JP2, just as good!

#5180 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you don't put the Pinwoofer kit on this game you are missing out on a whole added dimension.!

Quoted from Indusguys:

I just added the pinwoofer upgrade as well and I can confirm they make the game sound much better

I assume you're using PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit?

Do you use the existing backbox speakers and cabinet woofer in the LE?

#5181 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I assume you're using PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit?
Do you use the existing backbox speakers and cabinet woofer in the LE?

Yes, I left the backbox speakers as is (I have the LE) and replaced the woofer with the one provided from Pinwoofer. For the any premiums you will need to replace the backbox speakers as well.

#5182 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yes, I left the backbox speakers as is (I have the LE) and replaced the woofer with the one provided from Pinwoofer. For the any premiums you will need to replace the backbox speakers as well.

What’s involved in putting this kit in an LE?

#5183 3 years ago

Super easy, 10-20 minutes, no tools required. Dan will provide you with detailed pictured instructions once you purchase the product.

#5184 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did you use new super kit ? Think it's called that,

That’s it. Amazing upgrade

Like Indusguys says, makes You want to play it more for all the sounds and immersion you missed before!!!

LE, just need the amp and sub kit. Premium and pro add the cab speakers

#5185 3 years ago

I have pinwoofer on met and the maiden I just sold, but not the super, it wasn't available yet. Will be putting it on zepp for sure. Thinkin about a bksor, I think it woukd be amazing there too

#5186 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have pinwoofer on met and the maiden I just sold, but not the super, it wasn't available yet. Will be putting it on zepp for sure. Thinkin about a bksor, I think it woukd be amazing there too

I have the kit in the backbox of BKSOR. It’s a well put-together kit and definitely makes the game sound better/louder. I’m not sure the value is there for what you get, but if you enjoy the difference, go for it. I’m happy with a powered sub for the rest of my games.

#5187 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have the kit in the backbox of BKSOR. It’s a well put-together kit and definitely makes the game sound better/louder. I’m not sure the value is there for what you get, but if you enjoy the difference, go for it. I’m happy with a powered sub for the rest of my games.

Thx, still deciding on to buy pin or not

#5188 3 years ago

In other news, I installed Munsters side armor after powdercoating purple. The EHOH armor is painted and wouldn’t have gone with my extra-purple EHOH edition. I think it turned out really well.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

In other news, I installed Munsters side armor after powdercoating purple. The EHOH armor is painted and wouldn’t have gone with my extra-purple EHOH edition. I think it turned out really well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

these look great! if you get tired of her keep me in kind! best, Ryan

#5190 3 years ago

if anyone in here wants to leave the club and is within a reasonable drive from Carlisle PA please lmk! thanks, Ryan

#5191 3 years ago

I could sell my Medieval remake and walk into one of these. Not sure if that would be a good move. Have only played EHOH a few times. Need to play it more. It definitely has my interest.

#5192 3 years ago

Running out of time for a September code release ...

#5193 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Running out of time for a September code release ...

Indeed she is. And can't wait what the topper will do.

#5194 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I could sell my Medieval remake and walk into one of these. Not sure if that would be a good move. Have only played EHOH a few times. Need to play it more. It definitely has my interest.

It's really a great pin - you won't be disappointed!

#5195 3 years ago

Here’s to wishing for 1.0 as an early Halloween gift

#5196 3 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Indeed she is. And can't wait what the topper will do.

It's frustrating to know that here is an Elvira topper thats been on the Elvira machine in DeadFlip's studio for a couple weeks now and he cant tell us what it does yet.

#5197 3 years ago

On Monday's stream Jack said he really wanted to play Elvira, but he couldn't (STh, too.) Made me think he already has the new code. Stern has been releasing EHoH updates on Thursdays, so I wouldn't be surprised if it drops tomorrow. ::fingers crossed::

Edit: Well. He's playing it tonight so maybe that wasn't it. Still hoping for code tomorrow.

#5198 3 years ago

Although her new code didn't premier this month as planned. Today in horror history: ELVIRA MISTRESS OF THE DARK premiered in 1988!

120571065_10158459413919526_9003522002813501314_o (resized).jpg120571065_10158459413919526_9003522002813501314_o (resized).jpg
#5199 3 years ago

Gotta love the classics.

#5200 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Gotta love the classics.

Goodhead My Favorite...LOL

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/104?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.