20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,970 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 360.
#5101 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Anyone looking for the side armor, they have 2 left:
ebay.com link » Elvira Pinball Side Armor 502 7112 00

So tempting

#5102 3 years ago

I have been searching/googling etc... and this is the only place I have found them. I know its a few bucks more for the ebay fee's but hey still has free shipping. I spoke with him on the phone and his exact words sales pitch or not "Get them while you can as there are none to be had" and who knows if they will run more of them or not. So what the hell I did everything else.

#5103 3 years ago

Got the pin today. So much fun unpacking and setting it up. Got another quick question for the experts. Where in the menu can you turn the "match" sound off??? They did it on our Jurassic Park pin but I can't find it on this one. It will drive our neighbors wild late at night.

Thanks

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Got the pin today. So much fun unpacking and setting it up. Got another quick question for the experts. Where in the menu can you turn the "match" sound off??? They did it on our Jurassic Park pin but I can't find it on this one. It will drive our neighbors wild late at night.
Thanks

adjust her knocker...
CA819F02-3E29-471A-8789-821F17F40509 (resized).jpegCA819F02-3E29-471A-8789-821F17F40509 (resized).jpeg

#5105 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

adjust her knocker...

No her knockers are perfect..... Oh we're talking about the knocker adjustment NVM

#5106 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

adjust her knocker...
[quoted image]

Super. Thanks.

#5107 3 years ago

finishing touches added to Medisinyl 's awesome Mod! and my little tribute to the late great Vincent Price is complete
Think it works well.. Being on the for sale sign, plus Lyman programed this, and batman 66, which has Egghead as a character in it..so a connection in good pinball tradition

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Thanks

Why turn it off? It scares the hell out of people, i love it!!!

#5109 3 years ago

I have been searching/googling etc... and this is the only place I have found them. I know its a few bucks more for the ebay fee's but hey still has free shipping. I spoke with him on the phone and his exact words sales pitch or not "Get them while you can as there are none to be had" and who knows if they will run more of them or not. So what the hell I did everything else.

I am on pre order list for topper, so can't justify these right now. Will regret it im sure

#5110 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Why turn it off? It scares the hell out of people, i love it!!!

Because it scares the crap out of me too. LOL

#5111 3 years ago

Added speakerlight kit to premium. Gives LE look.

20200922_194311 (resized).jpg20200922_194311 (resized).jpg20200922_200224 (resized).jpg20200922_200224 (resized).jpg20200922_200246 (resized).jpg20200922_200246 (resized).jpg
#5112 3 years ago

Shoutout to Pinstein for making these blades. I didn't care for the art of the rest of them out there, these are right up my alley! Smooth transaction, easy installation, excellent quality material. The artwork and colors match perfectly!

blades (resized).jpgblades (resized).jpg
#5113 3 years ago

Any tips from the experts on a smooth installation of the are blades, except for taking your time and use soapy water? Will get to it this weekend.
Thanks

#5114 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Any tips from the experts on a smooth installation of the are blades, except for taking your time and use soapy water? Will get to it this weekend.
Thanks

I have never used the soapy water technique, I peel the entire backing off of the vinyl, pull it tight between both my hands and slide it in. I usually start sticking closest to the flipper. If you make a mistake just pull it off and start again.

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Shoutout to pinstein for making these blades. I didn't care for the art of the rest of them out there, these are right up my alley! Smooth transaction, easy installation, excellent quality material. The artwork and colors match perfectly![quoted image]

I think they look great! Where did you get them?

#5116 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So my EHOH Premium has the washer on the ramp, yet the other day it started getting hung up on the right gargoyle. Any ideas?

I had similar trouble even with the washer too. I could push the gargoyle assembly over, but it always shift back eventually after being hit enough times, and then it could catch the ramp tip. So I ended up using a pair of tin-snips and clipping like a mm off the lower-right corner of the ramp flap. Just enough so that even when the gargoyle assembly is pushed all the way left, the ramp still won't catch on it. Only took like 5 seconds and now I never have to worry about he ramp flap catching. And I took such a small amount away, that you really can't even tell.

That'd be my recommendation, versus fiddling with the gargoyle to no end. Especially since the ramp flap is all ready wider than it actually needs to be to nicely direct the ball. Also, apparently it's okay for the ramp to lift up the gargoyle when it rises, as it happens in the Stern marketing video multiple times.

#5117 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Thanks

Don’t do it dry if it is your first time. I like using Rapidtac. Makes life much easier and smells good. If you get the soap mixture wrong the decal might start letting go. Happens a lot in humid areas. Rapidtac actually helps with the adhesive process.

https://www.amazon.com/II-Application-Decals-Stickers-Sprayer/dp/B006RUGPVU/ref=sr_1_7

Just wipe off the area getting the decal with Rapidtac. Remove the backing on the decal and lay it face down. Give it a good even coat of Rapidtac and apply. Wipe off the excess and your done. One other thing I do before is cut off about an inch of a toilet paper tube. Split that down the side and insert it in the cutout for the hinge bolt. Once you acquire a snug fit in the bolt cutout hole tape it to hold shape. This acts as an alignment guide. The hole in your art blade needs to stratal the toilet paper tube. It really helps if you’re doing the install solo.

#5118 3 years ago

Thanks. I watched a few videos on youtube but I am still super nervous getting it on and behind the playfield without messing it up. I guess time will tell how good I did it.

#5119 3 years ago

I'm in the club-best pin yet!

IMG_20200923_114755 (resized).jpgIMG_20200923_114755 (resized).jpg
#5120 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Shoutout to pinstein for making these blades. I didn't care for the art of the rest of them out there, these are right up my alley! Smooth transaction, easy installation, excellent quality material. The artwork and colors match perfectly![quoted image]

They look really good, but I do like that on the official Stern art blades you get some little touches like Elvira's Tiki Bar and the hot-tub/caldron in the back right corner. That whole section of art is really nice, and I like that the blades extend and add to the art that's all ready there on the backboard.

elviraartblades (resized).jpgelviraartblades (resized).jpg
#5121 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

They look really good, but I do like that on the official Stern art blades you get some little touches like Elvira's Tiki Bar and the hot-tub/caldron in the back right corner. That whole section of art is really nice, and I like that the blades extend and add to the art that's all ready there on the backboard.
[quoted image]

Agree 100%. I was about to buy those because they look nice and were a bit cheaper in Ebay but I got quoted $89 Paypal Friends and Family directly... Same price as the Stern's so that made my decision.

#5122 3 years ago

If anyone around Minnesota is looking to leave the club, let me know. I'm open to a premium or LE. I'm good with cash, or have a green trim AFMrLE for trade if you're interested. Thanks!

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

[quoted image]

I love the subtle nod to Whoa Nellie as well. Good for us lucky owners with both!

#5124 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Thanks

Stand field up, pull to one side, center the blade around field. Put in place. 2 people works great. Wipe sides with alcohol or at least water first.

#5125 3 years ago

Its pretty easy. And comes off if you need to reapply or smooth wrinkles. Its definitely not a one shot deal. Go for it!

#5126 3 years ago

Sneaking a ball into the coffin lock is one of my favorite “cheap” shots in pinball. Very difficult though!

#5127 3 years ago

I've seen a few people suggest replacing the factory balls. what do people recommend?

#5128 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I've seen a few people suggest replacing the factory balls. what do people recommend?

https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

If the factory balls are good, you don't have to replace them. Doesn't hurt to have spares on hand.

#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

My balls started looking like shit after 100 games, ridiculous.

I've always gotten mine from PinballLife and they've always been perfect.

#5130 3 years ago

I'm in, only got a handful of games so far but loving it!
What's the recommend pitch people find?

#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

7deg seems to be the magic number for being able to hit that backdoor shot regularly

#5132 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Game is temporarily in my dining room, and due to floor slope I can only do about 6.5 degrees. And it plays pretty good, backdoor shot works well, just have to plunge properly. But I'd recommend a little steeper since occasionally the ball doesn't want to roll out of the pops. I'd think 6.7/6.8 degrees would be good, I think that's what George Gomez generally recommends for Stern games. But each person has their own taste for slope/pitch.

#5133 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I've been using bc precision from Amazon prime. Some negative feedback, but i have bought over 200 ,in small batches over 3 years and have never had 1 bad. And, I use a magnifying glass. I change em out once a year

#5134 3 years ago

Prototype printed. Now I’ve gotta figure out how to mount it. Any ideas?

26192F23-4434-4C4D-B62D-D1A189166D76 (resized).jpeg26192F23-4434-4C4D-B62D-D1A189166D76 (resized).jpegA6999788-1349-4C1C-90A3-427914313BEA (resized).jpegA6999788-1349-4C1C-90A3-427914313BEA (resized).jpeg
#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image][quoted image]

piano wire to the nearby screws?

#5136 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

[quoted image]

I totally agree but unfortunately the right ramp pf itself block almost 100% of that art. Its a shame. Just like that sweet pick of elvira in her swim suit up by the pops that is completely blocked! i would have love to seen the whole pool area down buy the flippers.

POP ART pst (resized).jpgPOP ART pst (resized).jpg
#5137 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Doesn't this block the view of the lanes at the top?

#5138 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How obscured are the bonus rollover lights behind that camper?

#5139 3 years ago

Still workin out the kinks, I may slice the camper in half and mount to the back panel as a facade...or mount higher so they are visible underneath...or maybe kitty corner it. Havnt had much time to play around yet.

Quoted from Vitty:

How obscured are the bonus rollover lights behind that camper?

#5140 3 years ago

I just seated it right on top of the back gate...both rollovers are visible. Looks pretty good, know anyone who does decals?

Quoted from Lermods:

Doesn't this block the view of the lanes at the top?

#5141 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you can see where I mounted mine, I used an 1.25" post extender to raise it above the lanes so I can still see the lanes and have it below the moon, then I 3d printed a Z shape bracket in which I drilled a hole for the lock nut with washer to screw to the post and I used some JB weld to mount the camper the other end of the bracket.

facc02c66ec4aa71e17f6b141ea3dde24114d3d4 (resized).jpegfacc02c66ec4aa71e17f6b141ea3dde24114d3d4 (resized).jpeg

#5142 3 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on a company that makes a topper for this pin?
Thanks

#5143 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Thanks

Stern has one coming at a $1000 a pop, supposedly limited to 200. Not sure if you already knew that. Apologies if you did.

#5144 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Thanks

Stern pinball, rumored cost is $1,000 and is expected to be avail soon.

#5145 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Stern has one coming at a $1000 a pop, supposedly limited to 200. Not sure if you already knew that. Apologies if you did.

Beat me by 26 seconds.

#5146 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Not one that is reasonable, that's for shit sure at the moment.

#5147 3 years ago

Yeah, there's a distinct lack of alternate toppers for this game too. Maybe because it's a limited boutique game? Usually somebody has made something by now.

#5148 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, there's a distinct lack of alternate toppers for this game too. Maybe because it's a limited boutique game? Usually somebody has made something by now.

I'm guessing maybe more towards the copyrights violations, after all how do you make an Elvira topper without the queen herself.

#5149 3 years ago

I think the best toppers follow the theme but show something different than the backglass. Since she is on the backglass, an alternate topper would do just fine without her on it.

I'm guessing maybe more towards the copyrights violations, after all how do you make an Elvira topper without the queen herself.

#5150 3 years ago

Thanks for all the info. I have heard about the Stern one, but there is no way I will pay $1000. That is insane!!!!!! Was hoping there will be a cheeper more reasonable option out there. We have found the hollow gram one, but the description say you need a pc to download and load the files. We don't own any pc products so there go that idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,970 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.