IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 362.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Thanks for the advice. I took the crypt house assembly completely apart to see what was going on. You are correct. There is no way to get it to close completely without something scraping, breaking or bumping. However I did remove the opto bracket and added three #4 washers under each hole while I had it apart. That was enough to close the gap more then half way and everything clears nicely. More then the three washers caused the skull to hit the front of the house and the opto blinder to bind inside of the "U" optos. It actually looks much better now and I cant see the skull's jaw anymore. Just a sliver of light. I'm good with that. Thanks again.

pics? It'd be nice to compare your crypt to mine.

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

pics? It'd be nice to compare your crypt to mine.

I'll attach two pictures. One shows the crypt house's back edge pressing on the opto wires. The second one shows where I filed a opening to let the wires pass by without being touched by the crypt wall. This kept the crypt from triggering the ramp opto when it shook.

However last night after playing a few games (after I thought the ramp opto was free from phantom triggering) I got another high scoring game from mediocre play. I think I still have a triggering problem with that opto. Not sure what it is till I take it apart again and test. More to follow.

DSC01863 (resized).JPGDSC01863 (resized).JPGDSC01864 (resized).JPGDSC01864 (resized).JPG
#5053 3 years ago

I have searched this very long topic using as many keywords as I could think of and can’t find the posts about someone that installed speaker/cabinet lights that were tied into the modes. Or maybe it was in another topic.
If somebody has a that link I’d appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance

#5054 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I'll attach two pictures. One shows the crypt house's back edge pressing on the opto wires. The second one shows where I filed a opening to let the wires pass by without being touched by the crypt wall. This kept the crypt from triggering the ramp opto when it shook.
However last night after playing a few games (after I thought the ramp opto was free from phantom triggering) I got another high scoring game from mediocre play. I think I still have a triggering problem with that opto. Not sure what it is till I take it apart again and test. More to follow.[quoted image][quoted image]

Dang, sounds like a pain. I hate having annoying or difficult-to-fix issues on these new games. For some reason I find them particularly aggravating. Also, I was actually hoping to see a picture of your crypt door. Just wanted to compare how much of a gap there was compared to mine.

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Dang, sounds like a pain. I hate having annoying or difficult-to-fix issues on these new games. For some reason I find them particularly aggravating. Also, I was actually hoping to see a picture of your crypt door. Just wanted to compare how much of a gap there was compared to mine.

I think I finally fixed my problem of the ramp opto's still triggering. Seems like the "U" shaped opto bracket that wraps under the ramp was spread out a touch far. This sent the beem upwards instead of horizontally. Also the screws that held the opto boards on were a touch lose. Bending the "U" bracket in a little and tightening down the boards seems to totally eliminate the phantom opto triggering.

I don't have a picture of how the door was before I added the three #4 washers under each hole of the Crypt opto bracket. However here's a couple pics of how far the door closes now after raising the opto bracket with the washers. Again, any higher and the skull scrapes on the top door and the blinder binds up inside the "U" optos:
DSC01865 (resized).JPGDSC01865 (resized).JPGDSC01866 (resized).JPGDSC01866 (resized).JPG

#5056 3 years ago

Srry I am sure this has been answered before but i dont want to look through the whole thread

If buying one of these used would you avoid an early run and wait for a used that was built more recently?

Someone I know had an early one and had all kinds of issues, had to replace half the house etc.

I see allot of issues in this thread so wondering what the conclusion has been early vs later ones as far as problems.

#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Srry I am sure this has been answered before but i dont want to look through the whole thread
If buying one of these used would you avoid an early run and wait for a used that was built more recently?
Someone I know had an early one and had all kinds of issues, had to replace half the house etc.
I see allot of issues in this thread so wondering what the conclusion has been early vs later ones as far as problems.

All premiums had the issues corrected. I believe games made from November 2019, which is when premiums were made, should be good. Things like missing ramp washer and back door skill shot were fixed at the factory on these later games. That said, games still may need tweaking, most nib games in general do.

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

All premiums had the issues corrected. I believe games made from November 2019, which is when premiums were made, should be good. Things like missing ramp washer and back door skill shot were fixed at the factory on these later games. That said, games still may need tweaking, most nib games in general do.

I believe this is true with the possible exception that the VUK may not be repositioned on initial run Premiums.

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks ..

yah I get that I have no problem with normal NIB stuff but something that has had the entire house replaced or something Id probably avoid.

I know there was allot of bitching about the first run games so just trying to get an idea what date the major stuff was ironed out so i know what to look for.

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I believe this is true with the possible exception that the VUK may not be repositioned on initial run Premiums.

You might be right, though my premium doesn’t seem to have this issue.

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought it wasn't until December builds that most of the issues were fixed at the factory. My Premium with a mid-November build date still needed the nylon ramp washer when I bought it 2nd-hand last week. Not sure about the improved backdoor guide, but I'm able to routinely make the unskilled shot with just the right plunge. Doesn't seem impossible or anything. But then again, I'm pretty particular about level and pitch of my games.

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I thought it wasn't until December builds that most of the issues were fixed at the factory. My Premium with a mid-November build date still needed the nylon ramp washer when I bought it 2nd-hand last week. Not sure about the improved backdoor guide, but I'm able to routinely make the unskilled shot with just the right plunge. Doesn't seem impossible or anything. But then again, I'm pretty particular about level and pitch of my games.

my premium was made November 20 and already had the washer on the ramp.

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

my premium was made November 20 and already had the washer on the ramp.

Mine has a November 16th date. Maybe sometime that week they did the switchover?

#5064 3 years ago

is that the ramp washer on the ramp? build date ia 11/15/19

Screenshot_20200919-231017_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200919-231017_Messages (resized).jpg
#5065 3 years ago

My LE has a build date of 10/7/19 and it had the ramp washer installed from the factory.

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

[quoted image]

Yes, it’s there.

#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, it’s there.

thought so, thanks Rob. do you know when new ball guides were installed for skill shot to house? not sure if this machine would already have them if it had the washer already installed. 11/15 build date.

#5068 3 years ago

My LE #066 build date is 10/15/19.

Had the ramp washer installed from factory.

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

thought so, thanks Rob. do you know when new ball guides were installed for skill shot to house? not sure if this machine would already have them if it had the washer already installed. 11/15 build date.

I was told by stern all premiums had the back door skill shot guide fix.

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, it’s there.

How can you tell? The washer isn't visible in that photo that he posted. Unless you have super image enhancement vision? I certainly don't see any visible white color near the right side of the house ramp. I mean I guess it doesn't really matter either way, as long as he isn't having any problems with his house ramp.

Quoted from Slapfighter:

My LE #066 build date is 10/15/19.
Had the ramp washer installed from factory.

Huh, well all I know is that my Premium needed to have the washer installed correctly. The washer was on the wrong side of the ramp railing on mine. The person I bought it from made it sound like he was the one to install the washer, but maybe I misunderstood him. I suppose it could have been installed incorrectly from the factory, but that would be weird.

Either way, I had to take mine apart to install the washer correctly. So who knows? Ah, the great pinball mysteries....

#5071 3 years ago

Hi guys and girls. We will take delivery of our Elvira tomorrow to compliment our Jurassic Park. Just a a question. Can we just unbox the pin and upload the latest code and play or do we need to do the "burn in" proses?

We bought this pin online as to our Jurassic Park that was from the local store that did all the set-up. I tried to scan trough this thread, but it is way to long.

Thanks and happy plays.

#5072 3 years ago

found a decent temporary topper, until a better solution comes along

20200920_160009 (resized).jpg20200920_160009 (resized).jpg
#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Hi guys and girls. We will take delivery of our Elvira tomorrow to compliment our Jurassic Park. Just a a question. Can we just unbox the pin and upload the latest code and play or do we need to do the "burn in" proses?
We bought this pin online as to our Jurassic Park that was from the local store that did all the set-up. I tried to scan trough this thread, but it is way to long.
Thanks and happy plays.

I would check out some youtube videos on setting up a new machine, check the pitch the best you can, clean the oil off the balls, and have fun. I dont know of any burn in process for new pinball machines.

#5074 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Hi guys and girls. We will take delivery of our Elvira tomorrow to compliment our Jurassic Park. Just a a question. Can we just unbox the pin and upload the latest code and play or do we need to do the "burn in” [process]?

No special “burn in process” is necessary.

Unbox then pin, make sure you remove the protective foam and straps from the gargoyles under the playfield, then do what you should do for any new game:

- make sure screws are snug, everything is connected/attached and there are no loose parts floating around.
- check all connectors on the CPU and under the playfield to make sure they are snug and fully connected.
- update the code
- replace the crappy Stern factory balls; strongly consider replacing the coil stops. Recent Stern coil stops have been abysmal quality.
- run switch, solenoid and light tests to make sure there are no obvious issues.
- set the pitch with a level (glass off).
- install a playfield protector, if desired.

Play and Enjoy.

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

How can you tell? The washer isn't visible in that photo that he posted. Unless you have super image enhancement vision? I certainly don't see any visible white color near the right side of the house ramp. I mean I guess it doesn't really matter either way, as long as he isn't having any problems with his house ramp.

Huh, well all I know is that my Premium needed to have the washer installed correctly. The washer was on the wrong side of the ramp railing on mine. The person I bought it from made it sound like he was the one to install the washer, but maybe I misunderstood him. I suppose it could have been installed incorrectly from the factory, but that would be weird.
Either way, I had to take mine apart to install the washer correctly. So who knows? Ah, the great pinball mysteries....

It's there.

Screenshot_20200920-174954 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200920-174954 (resized).png
#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's there.
[quoted image]

Oh yeah, can't believe I missed it! I think I was looking too low down or something. D'oh. Well spotted!

Makes my game even more of a mystery then.

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No special “burn in process” is necessary.
Unbox then pin, make sure you remove the protective foam and straps from the gargoyles under the playfield, then do what you should do for any new game:
- make sure screws are snug, everything is connected/attached and there are no loose parts floating around.
- check all connectors on the CPU and under the playfield to make sure they are snug and fully connected.
- update the code
- replace the crappy Stern factory balls; strongly consider replacing the coil stops. Recent Stern coil stops have been abysmal quality.
- run switch, solenoid and light tests to make sure there are no obvious issues.
- set the pitch with a level (glass off).
- install a playfield protector, if desired.
Play and Enjoy.

Thanks. I guess the "burn in proses" I was talking about was run the switch, solenoid and light test.Any suggestions on upgraded coil stops? Our Jurassic Park flippers and not what they were a year ago so will need a re-build soon, so might as well just do both at the same time.

Can't wait to get it set-up, been waiting for a long time for it to come. Will work my way through this tread to catch up with all the hacks and fixes.

#5078 3 years ago

is there a flipper strengh adjustument on the menu ?

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from LiveCatchpinball:

is there a flipper strengh adjustument on the menu ?

I don't see one. Only trough, slings, VUK, trunk and cellar.

#5080 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Any suggestions on upgraded coil stops? Our Jurassic Park flippers and not what they were a year ago so will need a re-build soon, so might as well just do both at the same time.

Get coil stops from Pinball Life, Marco, your local distributor ... anyone but Stern.

I can’t imagine flippers needing to be rebuilt in a year. I’ll bet you find they work fine with just new coil stops.

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Thanks and happy plays.

Putting on a coat of wax before playing might not be a bad idea. Generally, my playfield is in great shape but the clear does have some microscratches. An early better coat of wax might have prevented that.

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Get coil stops from Pinball Life, Marco, your local distributor ... anyone but Stern.
I can’t imagine flippers needing to be rebuilt in a year. I’ll bet you find they work fine with just new coil stops.

Thanks. The local store is still closed, Thanks beer virus !!!!!! As soon as they are open I will contact them I looked on some videos and I don't think that is in my comfort zone.

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Thanks. The local store is still closed, Thanks beer virus !!!!!! As soon as they are open I will contact them I looked on some videos and I don't think that is in my comfort zone.

With due respect, you may find pinball will become insanely expensive if you have to hire someone every time you need to do really basic mechanical stuff like changing coil stops.

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Yeah, I mean coil stops aren't really too bad compared to most things on a pinball machine. You don't really have to take much apart. You could always give it a try and if you somehow get stuck, then call for help. But if doing that isn't your jam, then don't worry about it.

#5085 3 years ago

I will look into changing the coil stops myself again. I know my limitations and don't want to mess up a $8000 pin. If I can do it myself, trust me I will. Thanks for all the info. Like to learn a new thing or 2 every day.

#5086 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

I will look into changing the coil stops myself again. I know my limitations and don't want to mess up a $8000 pin. If I can do it myself, trust me I will. Thanks for all the info. Like to learn a new thing or 2 every day.

If it's the coil stops, you will have what looks like gold dust right underneath the flippers in bottom of cabinet or on top of coin box.

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

I'm a first time pin owner and changing coil stops was simple. (Had to do it with less than 100 games on the machine) I followed a video posted by hurryuppinball and he shows it step by step. It's in this topic somewhere, just not sure where.

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I'm a first time pin owner and changing coil stops was simple. (Had to do it with less than 100 games on the machine) I followed a video posted by hurryuppinball and he shows it step by step. It's in this topic somewhere, just not sure where.

It appears the link is no longer good in the original post. Here is a new link for the Hurry Up Pinball video:

#5089 3 years ago

Thanks.

#5090 3 years ago

I think my EHOH has reached it's mod limit for my liking lol. To be honest I didn't think I would like the Pinstadium lights in it but the UV glow really compliments it nicely especially in all dark rooms which I like to play in, it light all the playfield area nicely with some great glowing color effects from the UV.

Here is my MOD list:

Mirror Blades
Pinstadium Lights
Boney Beast Bones from Scared Stiff
Spider mod
Elvira's Scampy Camper mod
Lemax Spooky Trees
Lemax DeathHimself figure over garage
Skull totem behind crypt
Lermods Family Crypt mod
Night of the living dead zombie figure on roof ( actually a walking dead figure shhh! lol )
5.25" Speaker with speaker light kits (kit and conversion plates )
Cabinet Pyle 8ohm Dual Voice subwoofer
Lighted flipper buttons
Medisinyl Mods ( these are a must!! IMHO )
Cliffy protectors
USB extension cable ( another must have IMHO )
Lemax clown and skull tombstones on the sling covers
Boney Flipper Bats from Scared Stiff
Various GI leds changed to purple and blue for a more Erie creepy night atmosphere.

I just need to get tilt graphics lock bar button mod and stern side rails when they are available again. Who knows by that point the machine might be for sale and onto the next
IMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0045 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPG

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think my EHOH has reached it's mod limit for my liking lol. To be honest I didn't think I would like the Pinstadium lights in it but the UV glow really compliments it nicely especially in all dark rooms which I like to play in, it light all the playfield area nicely with some great glowing color effects from the UV.
Here is my MOD list:
Mirror Blades
Pinstadium Lights
Boney Beast Ramp
Spider mod
Scampy Camper mod
Lemax Spooky Trees
Lemax DeathHimself figure over garage
Skull totem behind crypt
Lermods Family Crypt mod
Night of the living dead zombie figure on roof ( actually a walking dead figure shhh! lol )
5.25" Speaker with speaker light kits (kit and conversion plates )
Cabinet Pyle 8ohm Dual Voice subwoofer
Lighted flipper buttons
Medisinyl Mods ( these are a must!! IMHO )
Cliffy protectors
USB extension cable ( another must have IMHO )
Lemax clown and skull tombstones on the sling covers
Boney Flipper Bats
Various GI leds changed to purple and blue for a more Erie creepy night atmosphere.
I just need to get tilt graphics lock bar button mod and stern side rails when they are available again. Who knows by that point the machine might be for sale and onto the next [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Bony Beast location looks amazing! And very awesome to see your custom casket amongst all the unique mods Thank you for posting it

#5092 3 years ago

I did mine in a similar fashion although I think I need to turn the bony beast head a little more forward.

55872E4D-7648-4B36-8937-993EE25195A7 (resized).jpeg55872E4D-7648-4B36-8937-993EE25195A7 (resized).jpegF60C96C7-708E-489F-9DB4-73B1783391B9 (resized).jpegF60C96C7-708E-489F-9DB4-73B1783391B9 (resized).jpeg

#5093 3 years ago

I did it this way.....

But I think your Bony Beast location looks better than mine.
I think about a change......
Great idea guys.
20200921_192323 (resized).jpg20200921_192323 (resized).jpg

#5094 3 years ago

So my EHOH Premium has the washer on the ramp, yet the other day it started getting hung up on the right gargoyle. Any ideas?

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So my EHOH Premium has the washer on the ramp, yet the other day it started getting hung up on the right gargoyle. Any ideas?

On the way up or down?

#5096 3 years ago

On the way up or down?

Only on the way down so far that I've seen.

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Only on the way down so far that I've seen.

I have seen mine catch a little bit on the way up, but never on the way down. Is the gargoyle centered on its base or is it slightly mounted closer to the ramp side versus the other side?

#5098 3 years ago

I have seen mine catch a little bit on the way up, but never on the way down. Is the gargoyle centered on its base or is it slightly mounted closer to the ramp side versus the other side?

This is how it looks:
20200921_154719 (resized).jpg20200921_154719 (resized).jpg

#5099 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

This is how it looks:
[quoted image]

I've had the ramp on my game get caught on the pins holding the gargoyles on. i just make sure the pins stay out of the way of the ramp by tapping them over just a bit. it's happened like twice since I've owned the game so definitely not an ongoing issue.

#5100 3 years ago

Anyone looking for the side armor, they have 2 left:

ebay.com link: Elvira Pinball Side Armor 502 7112 00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.