IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 362.
#4951 3 years ago

$1.99 at autozone. One of the most valuable tools in the toolbox.

download.jpeg-3 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-3 (resized).jpg
#4952 3 years ago

I use it to remove pinballs when lifting instead of the coil

#4953 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

I am getting a device malfunction cellar lock up now and it seems balls are locked behind house. Anyone have this issue and or any tips to get balls out? Thanks!

I had this issue when I first got my game. It wasn't the opto it was the ball not quite dropping into the cellar.... the cellar would keep firing off until the game error came up. A little nudge does the job these days... but yeah try bending the metal entry to the cellar.

#4954 3 years ago

Im still getting house rejects... more often than I'd like. I've tried different game pitch. Any more suggestions would be great. This is not a huge issue but its bugging me no end.

#4955 3 years ago

got my new toys attached, thanks to whoever recommended piano wire

20200911_131443 (resized).jpg20200911_131443 (resized).jpg20200911_131450 (resized).jpg20200911_131450 (resized).jpg20200911_131456 (resized).jpg20200911_131456 (resized).jpg20200911_131459 (resized).jpg20200911_131459 (resized).jpg
#4956 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sgt Jarhead told me I was more fucked up than a left handed football! I couldn’t believe my ears.

I figured I had it made in convincing my wife but... you're saying a few callouts include F-bombs? I could deal with that but my wife and family wouldn't like it which will make much case tougher.

I realize Elvira is more of an adult themed pin but there is nothing in settings to turn off language either?

#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my new toys attached, thanks to whoever recommended piano wire

spider might look better with the legs that are up being against the outside of the cabinet..that way your view angle from the flippers it will be more visible and not cover the backdoor sign.... just a thought
Love the little elivra doll fits great .

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I figured I had it made in convincing my wife but... you're saying a few callouts include F-bombs? I could deal with that but my wife and family wouldn't like it which will make much case tougher.
I realize Elvira is more of an adult themed pin but there is nothing in settings to turn off language either?

That's correct. As of the most recent code update, there is not an adjustment for family mode.

"I love pain. I fucking love it!" -Sgt. Jarhead

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

That's correct. As of the most recent code update, there is not an adjustment for family mode.
"I love pain. I fucking love it!" -Sgt. Jarhead

Wow, that's surprising. Don't think even SS had actual f-bombs. Still, I suppose he's not on the game often. Just a random chance. Well, maybe they'll add the option at some point.

#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Lyman said there was going to be an adult mode setting a few updates ago. I'm sure the final product will have it.

#4961 3 years ago

Wasn't there rumor she was going to reveal her breasts?

#4962 3 years ago

I hope new code has more innuendo, im sure it will add adult setting. And add some code for topper!!

#4963 3 years ago

I’ve hear jarhead drop an f-bomb but it was bleeped out...

Drac does say batshit crazy. Other than that it’s pretty tame. I wouldnt dismiss it on language at any rate. Great game and my wife loves it.

#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Lyman said there was going to be an adult mode setting a few updates ago. I'm sure the final product will have it.

Thanks for the update. That will make it easier to make my case to the wife. I appreciate all the insight everyone.

If by chance anyone in the So. Cal, Phoenix, or Las Vegas areas have one they are considering selling, please let me know. I might consider one on the secondary market as well.

#4966 3 years ago

pretty sad about the 200 limit, we have no chance of getting any of them here in Europe.

Neil.

#4967 3 years ago

Has anyone made an Elviras Campy Camper mod yet? If not I’m gonna 3D print one and make some molds. It will hover above the rollovers / pops. Should be a nice way to fill that space back there. Thinking about printing a Gappa head / torso for over the left ramp.

#4968 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Has anyone made an Elviras Campy Camper mod yet? If not I’m gonna 3D print one and make some molds. It will hover above the rollovers / pops. Should be a nice way to fill that space back there. Thinking about printing a Gappa head / torso for over the left ramp.

some folks have been using a camper model they found on ebay...if you search camper in the thread, you should find it

#4969 3 years ago

Camper, here is mine........

20200912_193044 (resized).jpg20200912_193044 (resized).jpg20200912_193038 (resized).jpg20200912_193038 (resized).jpg

#4970 3 years ago

My $99.00 topper for EHOH. I'll attach a video later if I figure out how to attach a video.

The photo is too dark, the actual colors are much brighter and I have it at 7 fading colors.

IMG_2506 (resized).jpegIMG_2506 (resized).jpeg
#4971 3 years ago

Here is a lighter photo

IMG_2511 (resized).jpegIMG_2511 (resized).jpeg
#4972 3 years ago

So I’m just curious how many of you are planning to buy the stern topper that was shown for $1000?

#4973 3 years ago

One more photo

IMG_2510 (resized).jpegIMG_2510 (resized).jpeg
#4974 3 years ago

I'm in for the stern topper - this game is the staple of my lineup

Quoted from phalcon_2600:

So I’m just curious how many of you are planning to buy the stern topper that was shown for $1000?

#4975 3 years ago

This is in constant rotation on my creepy false mirror tv in the Game room , along with episodes of TZ and multiple pinball promos

#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Camper, here is mine........
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the trees and the camper? Here in Europe?

#4977 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

One more photo[quoted image]

Ok now THAT topper I would buy!

#4978 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I did a model, but either my 3d printer sucks, or I am not capable of
Producing a print. I’ll be happy to send you the STL file if you want

#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Where did you get the trees and the camper? Here in Europe?

Yes from Germany in ebay.de

Search for:

1962 Shasta Airflyte Trailer Greenlight 1:64

and

C11 Heki Linden

I painted the trees black

#4980 3 years ago

Before the price was leaked, I was 100% planning to buy the topper. At $400-$500, I wouldn’t have thought twice. But at $1k it’s going to be really hard to justify the purchase. There isn’t any way it’s going to add that kind of value to the game even with another mode and an LCD.

That said, since I have an LE and the other two games I’m pretty sure I’ll (try to) get one for Elvira pinball “completeness”. If I didn’t own all three, I’m pretty sure I’d pass at $1k.

#4981 3 years ago

I was in before I saw the price, but now I’m out. I’d just rather apply the $1000 to another pin.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:This is in constant rotation on my creepy false mirror tv in the Game room , along with episodes of TZ and multiple pinball promos

Creepy false mirror TV? That's sounds cool, care to elaborate?

#4983 3 years ago

Won't make a decision until I see it in action.

#4984 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Creepy false mirror TV? That's sounds cool, care to elaborate?

Sure - I've always liked haunted houses and the like, and always wanted to do one of those moving portraits like in the Disney Haunted Mansion - but also where the portraits come to life and move around and look scary and stuff. Well, there are some DVDs you can get that look like this - a still portrait, and then they suddenly turn into a zombie or whatever - but they just look too dorky.

I had 3 projects going at the same time - a smart mirror, this haunted portrait thing, and a LCD screen inside a 1940s Westinghouse tv cabinet which played clips of things - pinball promos, Twilight Zone episodes (it started out on a shelf next to the TZ), stuff like that.

Eventually I decided I wasn't going to finish all 3 any time soon, so I took the already-built TV thing and pieces of the other 2 ideas:

1) large gold frame from Goodwill ($10)
2) 2-way mirror glass from the portrait project
3) big TV from goodwill ($30)
4) Raspberry pi with the promo videos/twilight zone

The frame just had some canvas painting in it, so I removed it and put the glass behind the frame (it doesn't exactly fit but it's really close) and secured with mirror clips.

Removed the LCD screen from the TV frame - it's fairly thin without it, so it sits behind the mirror pretty well andd doesn't stick out too far from the wall.

The Raspberry pi Zero just fits right in behind - the hardest part of that it routing all the cables. It doesn't need a keyboard or mouse after I programmed it, but it has a wifi connector so I can access it if I need to add more clips, reboot it, etc.

Downloaded some semi-ghostly Victorian portraits from the internet - they don't move (although this would now be faiirly easy) and just fill up the screen. Had to resize some of them to the right scale.

Since it's 2 way glass in front, it just looks like a mirror when everything is off. I just have a black screen going a lot of the time. Part of the day it will show a different portrait every 23 minutes, and randomly it will pop in the videos for a while.

The portraits are supposed to be taller ("portrait" mode) and the videos should be "landscape" mode, so I just decided to make everything work in Landscape. It doesn't convey quite as well when it's the portraits (you can kind of tell they're cut off) but it was the best compromise, vs showing a weird half-screen video and not even using most of the screen.

Anyway, that's the idea. It normally sits in one of the walls in the basement. Right now we are renovating though, so everything is a huge mess - that wall is being removed. I'll see if I can find some photos though.

#4985 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm in for the stern topper - this game is the staple of my lineup

I'm in on topper too, game isnt going away

#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'll see if I can find some photos though.

Sounds cool. Post some pics when you get a chance.

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Sounds cool. Post some pics when you get a chance.

You bet! Discussed an upgrade with the kid today.

#4988 3 years ago

I'll be getting the topper.

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sure - I've always liked haunted houses and the like, and always wanted to do one of those moving portraits like in the Disney Haunted Mansion - but also where the portraits come to life and move around and look scary and stuff. Well, there are some DVDs you can get that look like this - a still portrait, and then they suddenly turn into a zombie or whatever - but they just look too dorky.
I had 3 projects going at the same time - a smart mirror, this haunted portrait thing, and a LCD screen inside a 1940s Westinghouse tv cabinet which played clips of things - pinball promos, Twilight Zone episodes (it started out on a shelf next to the TZ), stuff like that.
Eventually I decided I wasn't going to finish all 3 any time soon, so I took the already-built TV thing and pieces of the other 2 ideas:
The frame just had some canvas painting in it, so I removed it and put the glass behind the frame (it doesn't exactly fit but it's really close) and secured with mirror clips.
Removed the LCD screen from the TV frame - it's fairly thin without it, so it sits behind the mirror pretty well andd doesn't stick out too far from the wall.
The Raspberry pi Zero just fits right in behind - the hardest part of that it routing all the cables. It doesn't need a keyboard or mouse after I programmed it, but it has a wifi connector so I can access it if I need to add more clips, reboot it, etc.
Downloaded some semi-ghostly Victorian portraits from the internet - they don't move (although this would now be faiirly easy) and just fill up the screen. Had to resize some of them to the right scale.
Since it's 2 way glass in front, it just looks like a mirror when everything is off. I just have a black screen going a lot of the time. Part of the day it will show a different portrait every 23 minutes, and randomly it will pop in the videos for a while.
The portraits are supposed to be taller ("portrait" mode) and the videos should be "landscape" mode, so I just decided to make everything work in Landscape. It doesn't convey quite as well when it's the portraits (you can kind of tell they're cut off) but it was the best compromise, vs showing a weird half-screen video and not even using most of the screen.
Anyway, that's the idea. It normally sits in one of the walls in the basement. Right now we are renovating though, so everything is a huge mess - that wall is being removed. I'll see if I can find some photos though.

Damn dude, you may have given me another project to do.

#4990 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

awesome, I might have some videos that you can use for landscape mode if you like. We have been doing something very similar for years in our haunted walk through basement. Started with doing an area of about 750sq feet, 7 years later we do almost 3900 square feet now with over 35 volunteer ghouls working the dungeon doing multiple tasks lol.

#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Damn dude, you may have given me another project to do.

It’s really not that hard, especially when I nixed switching between the Smart Mirror code and the video player. At some point I’ll add a trigger to play a video on demand, but right now the bundled Raspberry Pi omxplayer makes the screen black before playing, which can kill the illusion.

I really want to add in some code to have a video or image start out as black and slowly fade in so you just see the outline on the mirror - the less Light you have makes it just look like a mirror, and if you stare hard enough you might see a creepy ass ghost staring back!

Anyway, project for a few months from now.

#4992 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

awesome, I might have some videos that you can use for landscape mode if you like. We have been doing something very similar for years in our haunted walk through basement. Started with doing an area of about 750sq feet, 7 years later we do almost 3900 square feet now with over 35 volunteer ghouls working the dungeon doing multiple tasks lol.

That would be killer ! I’ve never been happy with the current ones, they’re too clearly being cropped

#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s really not that hard, especially when I nixed switching between the Smart Mirror code and the video player. At some point I’ll add a trigger to play a video on demand, but right now the bundled Raspberry Pi omxplayer makes the screen black before playing, which can kill the illusion.
I really want to add in some code to have a video or image start out as black and slowly fade in so you just see the outline on the mirror - the less Light you have makes it just look like a mirror, and if you stare hard enough you might see a creepy ass ghost staring back!
Anyway, project for a few months from now.

would love to see video as well of what you got

#4995 3 years ago

Hey guys I’ve been meaning to post this on here but if you can get ahold of a tri color LED you can do this mod. It requires some soldering and a clear flasher dome. I always hated that the spinner blocked that insert so I’d be unaware I needed that shot so I replaced the flasher, wired it into the board and boom. I cleaned that solder up it was a I needed more hands kinda situation. I repurposed the old flasher to light up my mod. You can unwire it or repurpose it

0798F071-B4EF-4377-95EB-A3FDA0EE9234 (resized).jpeg0798F071-B4EF-4377-95EB-A3FDA0EE9234 (resized).jpeg7CDE39A3-B534-4F5C-A85C-A452A987502B (resized).jpeg7CDE39A3-B534-4F5C-A85C-A452A987502B (resized).jpegB94D263D-9DA7-42ED-93D6-7876789BEF3E (resized).jpegB94D263D-9DA7-42ED-93D6-7876789BEF3E (resized).jpegACCD8D7F-541E-45E7-9A5A-34704E3696D2 (resized).jpegACCD8D7F-541E-45E7-9A5A-34704E3696D2 (resized).jpeg68AE3093-DA46-4486-AC15-21106CAF0F38 (resized).jpeg68AE3093-DA46-4486-AC15-21106CAF0F38 (resized).jpegFFF9FD0B-DA12-4234-8B95-D7C84034ED24 (resized).jpegFFF9FD0B-DA12-4234-8B95-D7C84034ED24 (resized).jpeg1DBFF4A5-F030-486B-927C-09CBD609C54C (resized).jpeg1DBFF4A5-F030-486B-927C-09CBD609C54C (resized).jpegB64FB031-DD86-4766-9F7B-1FEBEC094913 (resized).jpegB64FB031-DD86-4766-9F7B-1FEBEC094913 (resized).jpegA420A2AF-BBDC-4417-B1A7-2AFE954C47E9 (resized).jpegA420A2AF-BBDC-4417-B1A7-2AFE954C47E9 (resized).jpeg
#4996 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

would love to see video as well of what you got

Probably October-ish at this point, construction is way behind, builder went on vacation for a MONTH. Plumber comes tuesday. Still trying to figure out how to afford all this!

#4997 3 years ago

Ha! That's awesome! I actually got all the parts to do a similar spinner insert mod but my plan was to try to mount it on top of the bracket. Nicely done.

#4998 3 years ago

In the club since yesterday! I decided to spiff up the Lermod's Crypt by adding some eyeballs to the skulls. I think they turned out pretty good. I tried to match the eyes to one's on the original plastic. I think the stock mod is great, but maybe a a little too dark-toned and horror-sided with empty eye sockets; and I think the eyes add that goofy comedy element back in. Oh, and I added a bit of ink to the teeth as well.

IMG_20200913_212843 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_212843 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_182422 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_182422 (resized).jpg

63e3c9e1d7e70d5b308bbe8c49c228564fda0563 (resized).jpg63e3c9e1d7e70d5b308bbe8c49c228564fda0563 (resized).jpg
#4999 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

In the club since yesterday! I decided to spiff up the Lermod's Crypt by adding some eyeballs to the skulls. I think they turned out pretty good. I tried to match the eyes to one's on the original plastic. I think the stock mod is great, but maybe a a little too dark-toned and horror-sided with empty eye sockets; and I think the eyes add that goofy comedy element back in. Oh, and I added a bit of ink to the teeth as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Personally I like the original mod, but yours looks great too. For reasons you mentioned its certainly personal preference between a little darker, or a little humorous, you did a good job spicing it up to suit what you were going for, well done.

Really like the choice of having the 2 outer skulls looking in toward the middle and the middle skull cross-eyed looking at the 2 outer skulls, haha.

#5000 3 years ago

I would if I could find one...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/100?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.