C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 2 years ago

I’m glad more Elvira pins are being made and I like special editions such as this or SW comic or BM66 Catwoman etc.

I’m not buying an Elvira however because I’ve got Godzilla and BM66 on order. But glad for all who do get one of these.

#112 2 years ago

I feel bad for the SLE owners tho.

#180 2 years ago

This is a test from Stern, they had a flop with Beatles diamond edition but now given a winning pin they can charge market price which is a lot ( see $25k Tron LE for example ).

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That hasn't been the case since before Tron....where the heck have you been? Tron was MECHANICALLY the same as far as ball interaction, but the LE has Daft Punk Multiball, and the pro does not.....after that......different mechs on every LE/Premium.

Except BM66 was the same

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Call me crazy but I ordered one yesterday. Most distributors got 2 or 3. Like 120 in USA only. Some I called said where not selling theirs until they sold out elsewhere so they can get a premium. Most are $25 plus shipping and gone but some were asking $29k.
Distributors didn’t know about this release before hand. Found out like us. I’ll do a video once it arrives.

Good for you! I was considering to get an Elvira but decided on BM66 and am running out of room anyway, but Elvira is a top notch pin.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

So Radcals, fancy powdercoating, and mirrored backglass. All

Add up what it costs to make nice decals, powdercoat armor, put in side blades, and a few other things.

Don’t forget the trading card.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

I heard the 199 Limited 40th Anniversary Edition Machines are going to be produced and shipped before Christmas. On the other hand the Premium I've had on order for almost half a year will likely be made sometime in Mid 2022. As for pricing, the Distributors are definitely making a decent margin on this one. It's a bone thrown to them since they have a bunch of orders for products they can't get. Its great to have a 100 machine order backlog, but if you're a distributor you don't really make any money until those machines are shipped to you and then delivered to the customer. Tough to keep the lights on when you don't have the cash flow because you can't get product.

good point.

1 week later
#393 2 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I know being a Stern distributor that some will take this with a grain of salt. But I just think that its strange that you say that you will not buy a stern again and will buy a CCr and a Toy Story.
CGC did the same thing with Medieval Madness. They announced the remake with only 1000 copies being made, the next day they announced that due to demand that they will now make a standard edition. Then a few laters they release more versions.
JJP is the leader of doing this. Wizard of Oz had the LE (emerald city) Then came out with the Ruby Red 75th Anniversary, then the yellow brick road

I agree.

1 week later
#420 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

was told that Elvira is completely discontinued after the 40th run along with IM,LZ,ST, and SW this is not trolling and I am sure my dealers accurate.

I don’t believe a word of that.

#438 2 years ago

I landed on BM66 as my next pin. I was down to BM66 or Elvira but prefer BM66 a bit more. The production schedule was pushed back and back but I’ve been told BM66 will be made in December (this year).

I could have decided on Elvira and been in limbo for who knows when.

#453 2 years ago

You can still get a deposit on Elvira at Cointaker. I have bought from them on these deposits and they truly have at times taken the deposit down if they run out of spots. It’s unlikely Cointaker is collecting $1K deposit now if they are not being run again.

It sounds like more an attempt to get people to pay over list on the 40th by flippers. I see more resale on the 40th at mark ups. So it’s really known that people buy up the allotment just to flip no intent to buy the game to play whatsoever.

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am not a fan of conspiracy theories, but that may have some truth to it. There are a fair number of the 40Le's still for sale. I think everyone realized that it might be a tough to get people to drop $25k for a game if they can get a Premium (checking notes) for $16K *CHEAPER* just a couple of months later. They may know they are going to build them, and when, but they may not announce it until all of the 40LE have sold.

I mean that makes sense and not the only time Stern has slow rolled their hand. Metallica premium late announcement (this was a time when XM for example had no premium ever).

Munsters color announced after the black and white were on sale.

I’m sure other examples.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.