C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 2 years ago

Heard the run is in December

#303 2 years ago

Game looks awesome in person. But coindoor should be matching purple and include topper

3 weeks later
#422 2 years ago

I was told end of 2022

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Ask your deler for the 2022 build list, they have it in an email from two seeks ago. Just ask to see it, I saw one those games are not on there and it is from stern.

Had a premium on order and dealer told me end of '22 per build sheet (decided to cancel based on this). This was a week ago but perhaps there's been an update since, or perhaps I misunderstood and even end of '22 was indefinite.

1 month later
#535 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That weird that they changed sides comapered to one they had at expo. Looks like I need to make a 40th version of mymy apron movie trailer mod for the right hand side.
They still used the larger triangular cutout window so people who want to move the scanner to the coin door...
(https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount)
...can still install a dual screen version if desired.

I'm planning to move the scanner to my coindoor as it looks like ass. So the LHS version is perfect for me and already on order. Hopefully it isn't random from game to game otherwise I'll need a RHS from you too!

Anyone have instruction cards or magnet, etc, they recommend? The IC instruction card looks like garbage.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Getting mine set up now. I have a different apron pic. Will post some good pics later tonight…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did Elvira have some old cards laying around in a shoe box or something???

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Does anybody here have enough talent to do a decal to go over the ugly ass red and white QR triangle?
[quoted image]

I bought the video mod for both sides and will be moving the scanner into the coin door.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Installed a few mods tonight. docquest with the apron video mod, apron magnets, and backdoor sign mod. Rocket City Pinball with the fancy start button...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang wish I would've snagged that magnet when I ordered the screens

#609 2 years ago

Dang, you guys are getting all of the cool cards. Mine's got birthday balloons :/

Thinking about swapping it with a cooler one off of ebay...Minus signature, of course.

PXL_20220108_055729338.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_055729338.MP (resized).jpg
#636 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Should we have received a rules card for the apron? I’ve got a bunch of yellow price cards, but no rules. I’m looking to get rid of the ugly Insider Connected card ASAP.

Yep, nice looking rules card was included in mine

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Wizard mod magnetic speaker art in case anyone is curious…
I think it looks great
[quoted image]

That looks great!

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I gotta say the embossed rad cal type decals are out of this world. Simply stunning to say the least!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really amazing, especially in person where you can see the depth.

#661 2 years ago

FYI for any of your 40th owners that have a 3d printer and want to move the atrocious looking QR scanner: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/32#post-6712543

I moved it and went with double docquest screens. Much better.

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Had wizard mod mock up an apron magnet. Got rid of hand on right side so the card will be there. Think it will look nice? I like how Godzilla le has the sticker around everything so this will give that look.
[quoted image]

That's cool. On mine I need both windows cut out (ie no qr code reader) for the docquest screens...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#711 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Would recommend using loctite on these two bolts. This is my second Elvira and this diverter has come off on both (the 40th after 100 plays). The bottom bolt had come all the way out (diverter stopped working, game unplayable), but the second (top) one was half backed out.
Easy to do, 3 screws on the top of the house is all that’s needed (to removed the turret and roof).
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I'll add this to my list

#712 2 years ago

On my 40th the turret was aligning correctly, stopping 15 degrees or so too early in its rotation.

I dug through and found there was no mounting adjustment that could compensate and could not find any way to calibrate (motor offset, etc). Determined it came down 100% to optos being triggered early.

I focused then on the opto breaker in the turret itself and noticed that there was some black/unpainted material on the opto breaker, a couple of mm thick and on the leading side of the breaker.

I trimmed this extra material back and now the turret aligns nearly perfectly.

Unfortunately I didn't grab actual before pics of my turret. But added simulated 'before' alignment, actual 'after' alignment; and a pic of what my turret looks like on the inside *fixed* with opto breaker highlighted.

Note: Do *NOT* cut opto breaker completely off. Just any excess from manufacturing. Mine was 2mm of black material on the leading edge which I cut back to be flush as you can see in the pic. If you share a pic I can confirm if it looks like mine did.

PXL_20220116_174949525.jpgPXL_20220116_174949525.jpgPXL_20220116_175028073.MP~2.jpgPXL_20220116_175028073.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20220116_183256323.MP.jpgPXL_20220116_183256323.MP.jpg Added over 2 years ago:

Can't attach another photo. Check my post a little bit later which has a photo highlighting the surface to trim back in blue. There was excess black material on mine so I cut if flush with the gray face.

#717 2 years ago

Updated my post with some pics

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So mine is slightly off...trimmed the lead side so it is now flush w the rest of the brace, but no real change. Are you actually thinning the black breaker area?
I'm going slow, as not wanting to take too much off...probably give it a go tomorrow again after work. It's not terrible, but you have me noticing it now, lol

Could you share a photo of yours? I can confirm if it is similar to how mine was.

On mine, I removed all of the black material that's on the leading edge. My theory was it was leftover from the mold/manufacturing process as you don't need black material to interrupt the optos.

Added a clarifying pic. Leading edge is highlighted in blue. This is where I had excess/black material. (Think of how it rotates through the arc and what material must be getting to the optos too soon)

PXL_20220116_175028073.MP~3.jpgPXL_20220116_175028073.MP~3.jpg
#744 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I need to do this mine is offset a hair. Notice after I removed it to fix diverter.

Added an updated pic to clarify the surface in question. If you want to double check, share a pic on here and I can confirm it's similar to mine.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here you go..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ya that's similar to how mine was. I removed all of the black material in my case. You could start conservatively and just remove a little bit of the black.

Cut line highlighted in red (to remove all black material):

2883ed86d00e26c420880e8a67bc4bbac305a49c~3.jpg2883ed86d00e26c420880e8a67bc4bbac305a49c~3.jpg

#752 2 years ago

Nice! Glad it's a repeatible fix!

#756 2 years ago

Huh, mine has a glitter imbalance as well.

#762 2 years ago

Report back on what you guys hear from your distros. Still trying to decide if I want to bitch about it or not. Figure Stern will probably tell us to get lost anyway.

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I thought the glitter looked bad period. Zero glitter would be preferred

I like the glitter, but having it more uniform would be nice

#822 2 years ago

I just had the most Zen game; I can't believe how great the software package is on this one. Got to the They Came from Space wizard mode for the first time and completed a bunch of other game features...Sound package, light show, everything along the way was just fucking perfect.

1 week later
#839 2 years ago

Got my topper on as well. Looks great and scream gag is great. Cranked mine up to 100% scream for both attract and game mode, but not sure it actually made any difference.

5 months later
#898 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I contacted Stern about the top of my house being off just a tad, and they were kind of put off by the question. Basically they were giving me the impression that because its a haunted house, thats the way its supposed to be and leave it alone!
guess I will then.. haha.

I have a post a little ways back that outlines how to fix it

1 year later
#959 5 months ago

Whoa, no way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

18,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition?tu=joetechbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.