C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does Elvira sign stuff like this as Elvira, or Cassandra? Or both?
Sharp looking game!

The book is signed as Cassandra. The COA and trading card are signed as Elvira.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’m not defending Stern but weren’t there plenty of people complaining about the SLEs, saying that the price is ridiculous and it’s not fair to the LE owners???

Not really.

Most were complaining there wasn’t enough difference between the LE and SLE (trading card, a piece of a couch (not “the” couch), mirrored side art and speckled powder coat) for a 50% up charge to what was already the most expensive LE. I don’t remember any LE owners bring upset they got an LE and not an SLE. The primary issue was not getting one or the other because the LE+SLE count was 450, the lowest “limited” total since Batman 66 at 320.

#160 2 years ago

If there is anyone looking for an LE40, PM me and I’ll give you a contact for a distributor with an available game left as of a few minutes ago.

#188 2 years ago

No. Not sold out. And not $25k+ either. But >$20k.

1/2 the number at 2x the price will take a little longer to sell out. If you want an LE40 for bragging rights or the purple armor you should be able get one for a while.

And I’m liking the 40th anniversary logo less and less. It dates the game. The beauty of Elvira is that the character is a timeless classic.

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

The Price is $25,000

Not for everyone. The distributors have significant latitude on pricing for this.

I was offered one for less. YMMV.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm told the MSRP was $25k and the distros I've talked to were sold out at that price.
There are some still available for $29k+ if you look around.

Well, my distrib must like me because if that’s MSRP my price was lower.

But I passed. I’m perfectly happy with my LE. I’d consider a 40th but not at these prices.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I spoke with owner of pinside and they are adding the 40th to the list now!!

It’s done

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

for 25K it should at the very least have the topper and the [clown shooter rod]

Conceptually I agree, especially on the topper.

But this is a money grab by Stern and for the distributors. These games target people in a different pinball budget category than those that typically buy NIB games. If 40th LE buyers people want the topper or the clown shooter another $1k+ or $189 is probably rounding error.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's the largest plunger handle I think I've ever seen....what is it supposed to be?

Elvira’s jeweled dagger

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Here is where we disagree somewhat. 1) The game should come with the topper end of story. Why? Not only because you're charging an arm and a leg but because its not about a rounding error... its that you can't buy that shooter rod or topper. So basically you don't have to fish around for them you just get it.
2) I don't think this is a money grab for Stern, I think this is helping their dealers make some cash, because they're months behind on their orders. Its like getting bread before dinner. Your hungry so let me bring you some BREAD! LOL

It is a shame the topper wasn’t included for completeness.

As for your second point, I agree that was probably a strong factor and should have worded my comment better.

#345 2 years ago

As long as buyers of the 40th are happy with their purchase, all’s good.

I love the haunted house that works even if you know nothing about Elvira theme and that they all play the same. I’m very happy I have an LE and topper. If the 40th had been released at the same time/price I still would have picked the LE. I would love to have a print of the 40th backglass though and maybe the dagger shooter (though it looks very bulky).

Congrats to ZMeny on getting #40 - that’s pretty sweet.

1 week later
#380 2 years ago

Please post unboxing pics!

#390 2 years ago

I agree that Stern seems to have played a little fast and loose with the Elvira schedule but find it somewhat ironic you are switching to CCr with all the recent talk over topper gate and supposedly dissing buyers.

I don’t think you can go wrong with CCr but in the long run I think Elvira will be the better game. And would think hard about buying any game from JJP until they get playfield quality under control. I really want Toy Story too but no way I’m buying one before that.

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

I have an LE with the clown shooter rod, but I really like the dagger shooter rod. Is it possible to order just the shooter rod from Stern?

No.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

This was nothing more than a cash grab/market test at the expense of LE/SLE owners as well as those with Prem orders.

I don’t see the 40th causing any significant impact to LE/SLE owners. At $22k-$25k the 40th is going to be in a very limited market niche. Anyone buying these isn’t going to be selling for a very long time.

As an LE owner, I don’t care at all. The people that appear to be getting screwed are those with long term confirmed Premium orders

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I honestly think the LEs and SLEs look slightly better than the 40th Edition too. The fact that they used the 'bloody' side armor, painted it purple, but kept the side art blood red just looks wrong. And the 40th Anniversary on the backglass just looks like a sticker added too. The game looks a little thrown together.
That being said the foil artwork on the body of the machine looks amazing! And the dagger is a nice touch.

Agree on all counts. And I really dislike the 40th logo - think it makes Elvira look like a blow up doll.
I like the dagger (though it looks bulky) and the foil (though not the fact the couch is now purple)

But hey - if I didn’t have an LE and didn’t have a game I would have probably gotten a 40th “just because”. I really love having all three games.

#405 2 years ago

Well, it’s still wrong this doesn’t come with the topper. Love to hear if you ever get a response from Gary.

Agree with you on secondary market. But like you I buy to play not to worry about resale. That’s more likely something my family will deal with after I’m gone.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Don't get me wrong. If I seen an EHOH used for a reasonable price. I'm still going to jump on it. Stern makes some great games, I just don't want to order from them directly. Which I admit is a bit hypocritical.
In my eyes, what really makes EHOH shine is Lyman's code. Which is a big reason why I put an order in for CCr. I'm essentially betting on his code giving the game more life. The layout is awesome, it just needs to the code to support it.
I knew going into my pre-order that they were considering making toppers for the SEs. I honestly side with the company's decision on the whole topper-gate thing.
The JJP playfield issue does have me concerned. I do question how wide spread the issue actually is. I've been making it a habit to really examine their games when I see them on location, and I haven't seen any chipping. I would expect it to effect location games more than HUO games too. That being said, if I buy it and the game ends up chipping like crazy. I will definitely avoid them as well. If it makes a small chip in one location that doesn't effect the gameplay, I could care less. I'm not very anal about those kinds of things.
In my eyes, JJP makes some of the best 'Worlds Under Glass' games out there. Stern sometimes beats JJP in 'kinetic satisfaction', however JJP is steps above everyone else in terms of theme integration and light show. Their machines are works of art and I want to support them for that reason. I also don't have a Lawlor game and want one. From my understanding this is his last game, then he'll take on a roll similar to Gomez at Stern. With this, I expect he'll want to go out with a bang. Also, the guy known for cool toys working on Toy Story, this is a winning combination.

I’m sure many are in on CCr just because of the potential Lyman might bring. That moved me from probably to absolutely on CCr. I bought LEs early for Batman and Elvira just because of theme and Lyman and the final code on each was well worth the wait.

Agree with you on the JJP comments but not willing to gamble that much money on TS even though I like Pat’s games. I’m on a couple lists for CE but will probably wait and see. It would drive me crazy to pay a premium and end up with playfield issues. And I’m out of space so CCr could be my last game anyway.

1 week later
#436 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

End of 2022 is a very long time away.
Do you think Stern would hold or stop production because of Lyman switching sides? .

No. The software is done (enough) except for IC support which goes in the base OS.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I was just told December of 2022 by my distributor. Looks like the wait continues.

Aren’t the licenses typically three years? End of 2022 sounds questionable.

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am not a fan of conspiracy theories, but that may have some truth to it. There are a fair number of the 40Le's still for sale. I think everyone realized that it might be a tough to get people to drop $25k for a game if they can get a Premium (checking notes) for $16K *CHEAPER* just a couple of months later. They may know they are going to build them, and when, but they may not announce it until all of the 40LE have sold.

I don’t buy that. The market for the 40th is totally different than that for the Premium. Very few people can say cost is no object and will pay more than double for a 40LE instead of waiting for a Premium.

1 week later
#474 2 years ago

Someone must have really wanted #1

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Someone who can afford 25k for a pinball machine can most likely handle another 7k in fees.

I don’t think the bid includes fees, taxes or shipping … but I agree with your premise. Still pretty cool to have an an Elvira game that was Elvira’s.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Is the topper for the 40th edition the same as the normal topper or is there a special topper for?

The Elvira topper will work with the Premium, LE, SLE or 40th

1 week later
#489 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Everytime a 40th owner walks past their machines and gets hit in the balls with that long sword handle plunger, never forget you "cut" in line ahead of the rest of us with deposits.

That’s not fair. The 40th buyers didn’t “cut” the line.

Stern kicked those with existing Premium orders out of line, told them to form a new one and just stand there for a year.

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I vow to never play this edition for the rest of my life. It won't be hard to resist since it is exactly the same as the rest.

That will be pretty easy since if you don’t own one you’ll probably never see one. You aren’t going to see these on location.

1 week later
#511 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Is there any any official reference about this?

No. But the Premium run is now apparently December 2022. Some have gotten private emails from Stern indicating that they will be run in 22 but after the December date surfaced from a number of distributors I’m skeptical. It would really suck if people who placed orders before last call end up with no games after waiting so long.

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

My dealer just called me to tell me that the Deadpool I ordered will not be be here because Stern is backed up on the license for Batman66 Elvira 40th and stranger things. they must all be made and shipped before the end of month because the license expires Dec 31 2021.

That doesn’t bode well for Elvira Premium orders.

#526 2 years ago

Congrats!

I presume that was not installed already?

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

In one day this game will be 41 and completly worthless. Rush to marketing and no one cares. Enjoy your game before the rest of us payed in full.

Direct your anger at Stern, not 40th owners who deserve to enjoy their new games.

#580 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

How do we get a phot added to the machine database so these show up in collections with a photo?

Send a note to robin

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Did it come with the topper?

The 40th did not come with the topper.

#610 2 years ago

For what you paid, I’d keep the autograph!

Or send a card for her to autograph if she still does user supplied items

#615 2 years ago

There were a few pre-existing dimples from the factory when I got my LE from the factory. I put a playfield protector on day one and don’t regret it one bit after two years.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Curious did the signature edition have the metallic embossed cabinet art or did only the 40th edition have them?

Yes, SLE had the foil.

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

ok so it had the heavy embossing like the 40th then, not just the foil like what GZLE has?

I have not seen GZLE but the Elvira SLE and 40th material should be the same.

#684 2 years ago

What is the significance of “last one” one the tape? Is that your writing or Stern’s?

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I didn't write it....was very curious myself, hence me sharing the Pic.
Noticed it when I was unboxing... thought it odd. Had to be done at the factory

What’s your manufacturing date? Maybe the last one shipped?

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Certainly close to years end, but I'm #131...you'd think there were more after mine?
[quoted image]

They are not produced in the order of the plaque number … or at least they didn’t used to be. Maybe something changed when they added something to tie the LE number to the CPU board.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Interesting. My wife ordered me a signed copy and she signed it Cassandra Peterson.

Copies from a bookseller were signed as Cassandra
Copies direct from Queen B productions are signed as Elvira

#715 2 years ago

Just a suggestion - post any game play problems/fixes you have in the owners thread since all models have the same playfield

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll be selling the LE when i get the 40th next week.

Just curious - what made you decide to swap an LE for a 40th?

#737 2 years ago

I thought of getting a 40th but as pretty as the side art is (and the purple rails/lockbar) I just couldn’t get over the purple couch and the 40th logo.

Fortunately you can’t go wrong with any version. As long as you add the medisynal and docquest mods.

#755 2 years ago

Wow. Glittergate is bizarre.

#789 2 years ago

Nothing more exciting than setting up a NIB game!

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

We will be producing units to order to get started. They will be $225 each

Does the PinJak have an adapter for the top of the jack so it can be used underneath the middle of the game to lift it off the floor?

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There’s about a 0.00% chance any 40th owners would sell their dagger (for a remotely reasonable price). Heck, I doubt anyone would even sell their book since it’s signed differently than normal.

Anyone can get an “Elvira” signed book at her website. It’s only the ones sold at book retailers that were signed as Cassandra

2 weeks later
#856 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are these games handbuilt?

Every pin is hand built. Nothing really to automate.

#862 2 years ago

I wonder if game seems better because maybe Stern fixed the VUK and the ramp opto paths?

6 months later
#920 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

I bought a sig edition.. they were even higher than the 40th.

Not when they were released. SLE was about $15k

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

18,500 (OBO)
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.