C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

My distrib said he thinks the price will be $20k. So it's basically an SE with different color trim and $5k higher price.

I'm just hoping we get another big code update out of the deal!

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Slap in the face to LE and SLE owners.

*edit* here were my thoughts from the EHoH owners thread:

It's pretty much a crap move towards the LE/SLE owners - but I guess the impact is softened as the value of the LE/SLEs will be unaffected. But still - it's a "limited edition" game on top of the limited editions already made.

It's an even bigger crap move towards all of the people waiting on Prems. It's basically Stern saying - "we had the parts to build 200 more Prems, but we'd like to make an extra $1.5M profit on 200 "40th" editions instead".

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Lyman is gone and the game seems finished. Just saying, nothing special came out of Catwoman Batman 66

Catwoman Batman 66 wasn't $25k either. Supposedly they shot video with Elvira for 8+ more movies (all the movies that have characters depicted on the backglass) - so there's a chance it will get an update at some point. They don't need Lyman - any coder worth his salt could add in additional random modes.

I wonder if this means ACDC Luci, Star Wars Comic Prem, BM66 Catwoman are a thing of the past? Why make 200 more games priced at $8k when you can make 200 more priced at $25k?

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

While Elvira is obviously a thing of beauty. At this stage this is a Collectors prize. Personally not a fan of the game code for this. It felt like chopping wood and lacked the fun factor. Just wish code was a bit more accessible. I got to Wizard mode once and was physically tired it took forever and alot of focus.

EHoH is the furthest thing from a "chopping wood" game that I can think of. If you are looking for a simpler ruleset with an Elvira theme, just revert to Scared Stiff or EATPM.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Why not? I say go Stern go! Make hay while the sun is shining. If people are buying why wouldn't you? Anyone complaining about what Stern is doing just doesn't have a clue!
Go Stern Go!

Because if they start pulling this crap on a regular basis, I stop buying their LEs (and so do a lot of other buyers). If an LE isn’t truly an LE, what’s the point? I’ll start buying Prems and throw some powdercoated armor and side art on them myself.

Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

I did not like the way the shooter rod changed the skill shot. Near full plunge for backdoor.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting how similar that is to the Sideshow version that sold for $40 a while back:

8D85C2C5-8E6D-49AE-9E01-5204968964C2 (resized).jpeg8D85C2C5-8E6D-49AE-9E01-5204968964C2 (resized).jpeg

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Those Sideshow daggers sold for $40 when they were originally released in 2015. Now they fetch $300+

True but $300 + a shooter rod and glue isn’t terrible for those that want to re-create one for their game.

#351 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My hope is that when stern cranks up the line to make 200 Elvira 40’s that they will keep it running to work through all the orders for premiums that they have.
PS. I have been selling off other stuff to buy more games as I am stuck at home 24/7 and excruciatingly bored, so if any Distro’s out there are sitting on a 40th and want to make a sweet deal to a lowlife Pinsider like me on a game shoot me a PM

Unfortunately I heard something different from my distrib - he said the plan for EHoH Prems was Q3 2022. I hope he was wrong about that as that would be incredibly unfair to the people with Prem orders.

1 week later
#398 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Sterns not trying to screw over premium preorders but my guess is they are trying to get good profit to distributors in times they don’t have machines to sell. If they get three 40th, that’s 30k in profit to pay bills. Only 199 games compared to prob 1000 backordered. They can make those in a week.

My distrib was pretty disappointed in the EHoH40 thing. He would have rather gotten paid on his outstanding prems and made those buyers happy vs selling a couple of 40s.

This was nothing more than a cash grab/market test at the expense of LE/SLE owners as well as those with Prem orders.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t see the 40th causing any significant impact to LE/SLE owners. At $22k-$25k the 40th is going to be in a very limited market niche. Anyone buying these isn’t going to be selling for a very long time.
As an LE owner, I don’t care at all. The people that appear to be getting screwed are those with long term confirmed Premium orders

It’s a limited edition on top of the “limited” editions they already made. It hurts the LE/SLE owners because there are either 199 new buyers that won’t be buying used LE/SLE games or 100ish upgraders that will be selling their LE/SLE at diminished prices when they receive their 40.

It simply sets a bad precedent and dumps on everyone except Stern themselves.

1 week later
#423 2 years ago

Yea, my distrib said Q3 for the next Prem run, but that seems like an awfully long wait to run again. Not sure why they are pushing it that far away.

#455 2 years ago

I can see the attraction for Stern to only make games in batches of 1000 going forward...and smaller boutique EHOH40 type batches with higher profit margin.

I hope this isn't the case, but it wouldn't surprise me.

2 weeks later
#479 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Is the topper for the 40th edition the same as the normal topper or is there a special topper for?

There is no topper included with the 40th edition.

1 month later
#626 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Pretty sure they have some onboard non volatile storage for things like this. My Mando LE displays its LE number on boot.

Yes - the game name and lifetime play count are stored in NVRAM.

They started adding the LE game number to the text with AIQ.

Pre AIQ, the game name would simply be XXX Pro/Pre/LE (except EHoH whose name was so long all versions say “Elvira’s House of Horrors” with no Pre/LE designation.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I’ll sell mine for about $6000. About what I paid for it.

D41735DE-C0E6-4B9B-B245-0009106B8847.gifD41735DE-C0E6-4B9B-B245-0009106B8847.gif
#674 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

how many different cards are there?

There are two different sets of 72 cards each. One set is normal, one is “omnichrome”.

1 week later
#829 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Where is the dagger? If anyone will sell his dagger please PM me

There’s about a 0.00% chance any 40th owners would sell their dagger (for a remotely reasonable price). Heck, I doubt anyone would even sell their book since it’s signed differently than normal.

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Well you never know, some people just do not like shooter rods I think I will print my own. And work on one for myself.

No need to print one - just grab one of the Sideshow/Tweeterhead replicas on eBay for around $300. Remove the blade and epoxy the shooter rod to the handle. This may have been what Stern did as they look really similar.

7982F2C8-73BF-411C-BCD1-7AEAAB5D837F (resized).png7982F2C8-73BF-411C-BCD1-7AEAAB5D837F (resized).png

2 weeks later
#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

For those of you who were wondering if Stern had managed to find 200 Elvira dagger replicas on eBay, lol, or have been thinking about finding one of your own and gluing the hilt to a shooter rod, here's a side-by-side comparison for you. Stern's plastic dagger is nearly double the size of Tweeter Head's cold-cast porcelain dagger.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting. The TweeterHead one looks like it would make a nice shooter too if one was brave enough to tear one up. It would be an expensive attempt for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

18,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition?tu=damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.