C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
#1 2 years ago

In case anyone missed the press release. These will likely sell out instantly regardless of the price in the current market. Stern is killing it.

https://sternpinball.com/2021/10/26/elvira-and-stern-pinball-announce-new-40th-anniversary-edition-elvira-house-of-horrors-pinball-machine/?utm_source=constantcontact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20211026_Elvira40th
Elvira-40th-Anniversary-Flyer.jpgElvira-40th-Anniversary-Flyer.jpg

#2 2 years ago

"call for price"

Is it another experiment to find a price ceiling like Beatles Diamond?

#3 2 years ago

More Elviras. I am all for it. Don't tell the angry group in the LOV thread that more are being made. lol

#4 2 years ago

Stern stole my purple trim!

Yeah, Elvira is one of the greats and I’m sure this version will go for ridiculous money. The good news is that the game is exactly the same between all models. Can’t go wrong with any of them.

62F1AE55-482E-471B-87CC-81D14C31ED86 (resized).jpeg62F1AE55-482E-471B-87CC-81D14C31ED86 (resized).jpeg
#5 2 years ago

Yes I ordered 1 , don’t give a F about the price I missed out on the LE I’m no1 on my distro euro list so hope this will come overseas quick

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

"call for price"
Is it another experiment to find a price ceiling like Beatles Diamond?

Due to the limited nature I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally left that out so distributors could list it at whatever price above MSRP they want. Elvira collectors are hard core and the line to meet her at the expo a few years back was huge. People will be tripping over themselves to get one. This is why no LE/SLE is sacred and this will be the version to own down the road.

#7 2 years ago

Sending my video application in right now.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Due to the limited nature I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally left that out so distributors could list it at whatever price above MSRP they want. Elvira collectors are hard core and the line to meet her at the expo a few years back was huge. People will be tripping over themselves to get one. This is why no LE is sacred and this will be the one to own down the road.

Didn't they also keep pushing back the production on this one for a while? I think some have been waiting at least a year for theirs.

A lot of pent up demand for this one, especially after the code was finished.

#9 2 years ago

My distrib said he thinks the price will be $20k. So it's basically an SE with different color trim and $5k higher price.

I'm just hoping we get another big code update out of the deal!

#10 2 years ago

If you're a distributor and have one, please reach out to me. I would like to order one of these.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My distrib said he thinks the price will be $20k. So it's basically an SE with different color trim and $5k higher price.
I'm just hoping we get another big code update out of the deal!

Lyman is gone and the game seems finished. Just saying, nothing special came out of Catwoman Batman 66

#12 2 years ago

Does Elvira sign stuff like this as Elvira, or Cassandra? Or both?

Sharp looking game!

#13 2 years ago

Game should be around +-15999 euro

#14 2 years ago

Nuts. My distributor is suggesting price could be "far north of $25K+" (his words)

#15 2 years ago

3 distributors on east coast said Sold out already.

#16 2 years ago

i heard it's got a piece of her first bed sheet set, from when she was in her 20's. it's only a 200-thread count, but let's give her a break, she was young and broke at the time.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Nuts. My distributor is suggesting price could be "far north of $25K+" (his words)

Find a new distro! Stern just told it’s around 16k euro landed in Europe . Crazy distro s making money!

#18 2 years ago

I was quoted $20k dealer cost as well
I was interested but not at that price

#19 2 years ago

WTF!

hallelujah-holy-shit.gifhallelujah-holy-shit.gif
#20 2 years ago

Looks nice and all... but I mean is anybody seriously buying this that's not intending to flip it? I mean 20k for some purple, the number 40 on the translite, and a shooter rod and a trading card?

Anyhoo, enjoy and thanks for keeping Stern profitable so they can keep making fun games.

#21 2 years ago

120 pieces for usa
50 for Europe
29 for the rest of the world

Gary just me send a selfie...
05EDFB61-C5D4-4771-B08C-93B31C016D7D (resized).jpeg05EDFB61-C5D4-4771-B08C-93B31C016D7D (resized).jpeg

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Looks nice and all... but I mean is anybody seriously buying this that's not intending to flip it? I mean 20k for some purple, the number 40 on the translite, and a shooter rod and a trading card?

If the hyper-chrome embossed decals are anything like BM66SLE it will look stunning in person. I'm sure a lot will buy to flip but think eventually they will find their way into hard core Elvira fans collections who want to have the nicest and most limited edition.

#23 2 years ago

20k and no topper!
I'm out.

#24 2 years ago

This is Beatles Diamond Edition 2.0. Charging $5k - $10k+ over base model prices simply for different armour, backglass and decals. What a joke.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

If the hyper-chrome embossed decals are anything like BM66SLE it will look stunning in person. I'm sure a lot will buy to flip but think eventually they will find their way into hard core Elvira fans collections who want to have the nicest and most limited edition.

Hope ya'll can find one. Did they really not include the topper?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 2 years ago

The 40th anniversary topper is an extra $4000.00.

#27 2 years ago

Just heard from two distros...25k and 28,999. FU Stern!

#28 2 years ago

Glad I already have mine! Suck it Gary!!!

#29 2 years ago

$25,000? It's a premium with decorations, right?

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

$25,000? It's a premium with decorations, right?

Aren’t all LEs?

#31 2 years ago

Glad to see Cassandra's coming out has not impacted her earning ability one bit. Buy 'em up guys!

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:Just heard from two distros...25k and 28,999.

Go with the 25K. Seems like a better deal!

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Aren’t all LEs?

Sure. But 2.5 times the price?

#35 2 years ago

"How dumb are pinball buyers Gary?"

"Let's find out!"

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I don't think Stern is setting these crazy prices and it's the distributors. Can you blame them when you see games like POTC selling for 25K+ and games like MMr Royal for 15-20K? It's the buyers paying these asinine prices who continue to drive up the market. I would be pissed at Stern if I was an owner of a Elvria LE/SLE because you got that thinking it would be the nicest and most limited models. I feel their pain because I owned a BSM when they vaulted Spidey with the comic art.

#37 2 years ago

It looks good overall (and I'm sure its stunning in person), but I have three issues. The 40th anversery logo on the cabinet could have been in a better location, I'm not a fan of the head art, and I'm not sure what to think of purple blood armour?

#38 2 years ago

Slap in the face to LE and SLE owners.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

More Elviras. I am all for it. Don't tell the angry group in the LOV thread that more are being made. lol

If you’re referring to MY comments in that thread…there is no ANGER. There is only: “OK. I see how they are doing it. I will keep this in mind for future purchases.” As an Elvira LE owner, I WELCOME this. It is all part of ‘the game’, and I am for a free-market economy. It does have an effect on prices and collectors’ future purchases - good or bad.

#40 2 years ago

Yikes! I bet they find a way to manufacture and sell these before the end of December, unlike all the Mandos, JPs, Deadpools and what not that have been delayed endlessly over the year.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

True. But I don't think Stern cares about that anymore. They know they will sell out of all their limited editions within a few minutes, no matter what they do moving forward.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I ain’t mad at ya, Stern. My LE purchase seems like a BARGAIN now, and I didn’t buy it to ‘flip’, or as an ‘investment’. It’s a fun title that I have parked next to my beautiful ‘Scared Stiff’ for the long-haul.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

*edit* here were my thoughts from the EHoH owners thread:

It's pretty much a crap move towards the LE/SLE owners - but I guess the impact is softened as the value of the LE/SLEs will be unaffected. But still - it's a "limited edition" game on top of the limited editions already made.

It's an even bigger crap move towards all of the people waiting on Prems. It's basically Stern saying - "we had the parts to build 200 more Prems, but we'd like to make an extra $1.5M profit on 200 "40th" editions instead".

#44 2 years ago

Heard the run is in December

#45 2 years ago

All I can say is LOL LOL LOL.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Go with the 25K. Seems like a better deal!

I can always count on you...

Quoted from playtwowin:

SLE only 50 made...

#47 2 years ago

Good thing Tesla hit 1050 today, sold some shares, can use it buy pinball. So much for retirement... pinball ruined it.

#49 2 years ago

Gonna be some new boxes sitting around in climate controlled warehouses soon!

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Lyman is gone and the game seems finished. Just saying, nothing special came out of Catwoman Batman 66

Catwoman Batman 66 wasn't $25k either. Supposedly they shot video with Elvira for 8+ more movies (all the movies that have characters depicted on the backglass) - so there's a chance it will get an update at some point. They don't need Lyman - any coder worth his salt could add in additional random modes.

I wonder if this means ACDC Luci, Star Wars Comic Prem, BM66 Catwoman are a thing of the past? Why make 200 more games priced at $8k when you can make 200 more priced at $25k?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.