C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 20.
#301 2 years ago

When Queen pin was shown last month, we complained about the art.
Peeps jumped in and said “you don’t play the art, it’s all about gameplay.”
Yes I know Elvira is a good game, but everyone is drooling over the look, tinfoil etc…. and happy to drop insane amounts of cash.
If it’s all about gameplay, get the premium like a sensible chap

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

When Queen pin was shown last month, we complained about the art.
Peeps jumped in and said “you don’t play the art, it’s all about gameplay.”
Yes I know Elvira is a good game, but everyone is drooling over the look, tinfoil etc…. and happy to drop insane amounts of cash.
If it’s all about gameplay, get the premium like a sensible chap
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"67aecae6527fd9860c0cf13d0e945b339fa9b873-1635463238-1800"};
//]]>

You can't teach common sense

#303 2 years ago

Game looks awesome in person. But coindoor should be matching purple and include topper

#304 2 years ago

Anyone notice on the backglass, there are two Deadheads to the right of Elvira that are not on any of the previous versions? Also, the logo color is different.

0303B5DC-7C85-435F-A5BB-EE60CD2287BD (resized).jpeg0303B5DC-7C85-435F-A5BB-EE60CD2287BD (resized).jpeg2D877151-C76B-4963-ABC4-0AE1776268E3 (resized).jpeg2D877151-C76B-4963-ABC4-0AE1776268E3 (resized).jpeg
#305 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Anyone notice on the backglass, there are two Deadheads to the right of Elvira that are not on any of the previous versions?

Ritchie and Lyman??

#306 2 years ago

Are you saying the 40th anniversary Elvira comes with more Head?

Still not sure it's worth that much more. But at least we are starting to justify the extra expense.

#307 2 years ago

I would think that knife handle sticking out would catch on everything or get me right in the thigh as I walk by in my arcade room.
They should have used a button but made it look like a tv remote. Not thinking stern.

#308 2 years ago

‘Trading card..’
To trade with all your friends who also bought one
Awesome

#309 2 years ago

Played this LE version today at expo and had a blast. Definitely looks very nice in person.

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Anyone notice on the backglass, there are two Deadheads to the right of Elvira that are not on any of the previous versions? Also, the logo color is different.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, the two dead heads are Uncle Bolt Head and Aunt Surely. Also noticed that the 40th logo replaces the real estate for sale sign in the lower left corner . A smaller version of the sign is now in the mouth of one of the shrews from "Attack of The Killer Shrews".

rps20211029_162723 (resized).jpgrps20211029_162723 (resized).jpgrps20211029_162752 (resized).jpgrps20211029_162752 (resized).jpg
#311 2 years ago

The title font color is different too. Orange instead of red.

Rob

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The title font color is different too. Orange instead of red.
Rob

Yup that was noted in the original post by RebelGuitars

Maybe Greg though the orange-y color worked better with the purple trim.

#313 2 years ago

I spoke with owner of pinside and they are adding the 40th to the list now!!

#314 2 years ago

I did the same lol!

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I spoke with owner of pinside and they are adding the 40th to the list now!!

It’s done

#316 2 years ago

now when is the Signature edition going to be added .

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's funny to me that people say this.
Seems to me Stern customers tend to be extremely satisfied. They keep buying Stern pinball machines and seem to be happy when they do. The 199 people who bought this 40th edition game are likely very satisfied. Or else why did they buy it?!

I think people like Stern games. They've released some killer games recently. It's a good product and their poor customer service isn't enough to stop people from wanting the product. I'm in this boat.

Will I be upset when they likely build the 40th anniversary Elvira's before my Premium Elvira I've had on back order for over a year? Yes.

Is it a shitty thing to do when they keep saying they aren't making more because they don't have parts, for them to get parts and just make a new edition? Yes.

Is that enough from stopping me from buying this great game? No.

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I think people like Stern games. They've released some killer games recently. It's a good product and their poor customer service isn't enough to stop people from wanting the product. I'm in this boat.
Will I be upset when they likely build the 40th anniversary Elvira's before my Premium Elvira I've had on back order for over a year? Yes.
Is it a shitty thing to do when they keep saying they aren't making more because they don't have parts, for them to get parts and just make a new edition? Yes.
Is that enough from stopping me from buying this great game? No.

Dam you ordered you EHOH in mid 2020 and you still don’t have it? That’s not good.

#319 2 years ago

I did not like the way the shooter rod changed the skill shot. Near full plunge for backdoor.

0DB7C5F4-2BC1-464E-A582-88FA485D01C7 (resized).jpeg0DB7C5F4-2BC1-464E-A582-88FA485D01C7 (resized).jpegF92FA6F0-0DED-4D18-AE31-70BF2D97C83C (resized).jpegF92FA6F0-0DED-4D18-AE31-70BF2D97C83C (resized).jpeg
#320 2 years ago

No matter what anyone says the game is absolutely amazing looking. Incredible job! But for 25K it should at the very least have the topper and the shooter rod from the last game. Not a fan of this new one like the clown better. But either way the artwork on this game is off the chain! Love it.

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Near full plunge for backdoor.

Must … resist … temptation … to … make … joke …

rd

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

I did not like the way the shooter rod changed the skill shot. Near full plunge for backdoor.

That's the largest plunger handle I think I've ever seen....what is it supposed to be?

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

for 25K it should at the very least have the topper and the [clown shooter rod]

Conceptually I agree, especially on the topper.

But this is a money grab by Stern and for the distributors. These games target people in a different pinball budget category than those that typically buy NIB games. If 40th LE buyers people want the topper or the clown shooter another $1k+ or $189 is probably rounding error.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's the largest plunger handle I think I've ever seen....what is it supposed to be?

Elvira’s jeweled dagger

#325 2 years ago

I saw something recently that this Elvira edition reminded me of:

"There is a difference between the mindsets of collectors, investors, and speculators. Collectors are enticed by the thrill of discovery and nostalgia. Investors buy for the long haul. They buy established collectibles (collected for 30-50 years) with verifiable track records. Speculators, though, want quick profits. Quick profits may be good if they are willing (and can afford) to take risks.

Unschooled collectibles speculation is driven by greed. It’s caused by dreams of quick profits and great rewards. It is, as Shakespeare said, “A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Unlike traditional financial instruments, collectibles are an unregulated market. It’s the Wild, Wild West out there. Unsubstantiated claims are rampant. Data is scarce. Still, some want fast, high returns on a small investment. Speculators are the ones who create collectibles bubbles. It has happened before and will happen again. And that’s the way it is. That’s the (not so) New Normal."

-Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan is WorthPoint’s Senior Editor. He is the author of four books: The Business of Antiques published by Krause Books, Antique Mall Profits for Dealers and Dabblers, Consignment Gold Rush: the Ultimate Startup Guide and Relocate for Less published by Learning Curve Books. He is a regular contributor to a variety of antiques trade publications. He blogs at sellmoreantiques.net.

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Elvira’s jeweled dagger

Thought as much. Just not as up to speed on all the particulars. Been quite awhile since I watched her show, lol....

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I saw something recently that this Elvira edition reminded me of:
"There is a difference between the mindsets of collectors, investors, and speculators. Collectors are enticed by the thrill of discovery and nostalgia. Investors buy for the long haul. They buy established collectibles (collected for 30-50 years) with verifiable track records. Speculators, though, want quick profits. Quick profits may be good if they are willing (and can afford) to take risks.
Unschooled collectibles speculation is driven by greed. It’s caused by dreams of quick profits and great rewards. It is, as Shakespeare said, “A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”
Unlike traditional financial instruments, collectibles are an unregulated market. It’s the Wild, Wild West out there. Unsubstantiated claims are rampant. Data is scarce. Still, some want fast, high returns on a small investment. Speculators are the ones who create collectibles bubbles. It has happened before and will happen again. And that’s the way it is. That’s the (not so) New Normal."
-Wayne Jordan
Wayne Jordan is WorthPoint’s Senior Editor. He is the author of four books: The Business of Antiques published by Krause Books, Antique Mall Profits for Dealers and Dabblers, Consignment Gold Rush: the Ultimate Startup Guide and Relocate for Less published by Learning Curve Books. He is a regular contributor to a variety of antiques trade publications. He blogs at sellmoreantiques.net.

Does he mention where "hoarders" might fit in? I've never speculated or invested in pinball, but have definitely categorized myself as a "collector/hoarder" of sorts in this arena. Can't really put my finger on it (or gave it much thought). I truly love my WCS as much as my priciest game.

Common sense = " I can't fiscally justify buying any of these (or any) toy"

Reality = " Grateful in my case that I can afford to not justify any of it, and just fascinated w the damn things"

"Bubble" concept burst awhile back for me. Cocooning effect was just expedited by current state of the world, and people seek more entertainment inside their own. Think this part of the new normal is here to stay, just fluctuate time to time on which toy gives the desired fix.

I'm just going down my journey...Pinball is just a part, and doesn't define the entire path. I suppose a release like this makes us all scratch our heads a little bit....does me.

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Interesting how similar that is to the Sideshow version that sold for $40 a while back:

8D85C2C5-8E6D-49AE-9E01-5204968964C2 (resized).jpeg8D85C2C5-8E6D-49AE-9E01-5204968964C2 (resized).jpeg

#329 2 years ago

I'm glad Stern came out with this expensive version ... brings out multiple entitled bitch whine threads that are entertaining to read

Can't wait til the JJP "Super Limited CE Edition" of GnR is announced where even more blinky lights are crammed in and the price doubles, while people waiting for their LE wait even longer

#330 2 years ago

I saw this ad at the bottom of the thread, and yeah they may not be charging 98K as they say, maybe they are charging 100 K as they state in the price.

Even at 1/3 of that price, I am sure a buyer will come forward.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#331 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I saw this ad at the bottom of the thread, and yeah they may not be charging 98K as they say, maybe they are charging 100 K as they state in the price.
Even at 1/3 of that price, I am sure a buyer will come forward.
[quoted image]

#332 2 years ago

I think the whole Supreme thing blew my mind the most. Reskin of a SM vault, $100k or something?.

Didn't even really hit the threads...over before it started as I remember.

I remember looking at the thing for awhile and never did get it... guessing some that are thrilled to have 1

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Does he mention where "hoarders" might fit in? I've never speculated or invested in pinball, but have definitely categorized myself as a "collector/hoarder" of sorts in this arena. Can't really put my finger on it (or gave it much thought). I truly love my WCS as much as my priciest game.
Common sense = " I can't fiscally justify buying any of these (or any) toy"
Reality = " Grateful in my case that I can afford to not justify any of it, and just fascinated w the damn things"
"Bubble" concept burst awhile back for me. Cocooning effect was just expedited by current state of the world, and people seek more entertainment inside their own. Think this part of the new normal is here to stay, just fluctuate time to time on which toy gives the desired fix.
I'm just going down my journey...Pinball is just a part, and doesn't define the entire path. I suppose a release like this makes us all scratch our heads a little bit....does me.

He was specifically referring to price increases, companies riding the wave, flippers, and yes...bubbles bursting.

Hoarders don't exactly fit into what he was talking about.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He was specifically referring to price increases, companies riding the wave, flippers, and yes...bubbles bursting.
Hoarders don't exactly fit into what he was talking about.

Makes sense...I think flippers are gonna flip, period though. They have to refine, adjust how they go about it, but sort of a predatory supply/ demand thing.

I have several favorites that hit my radar. Can see it mile away. Used to really bother me, but now viewed as another part of the overall problem. He would be correct in relating that to a wave or "bubble bursting", but maybe just as much the perception as well as reality.

Just don't see any titles of anything not selling out instantly if perception of rareness is present with current reality in place. Flippers "buy" everything new regardless, and base their activities around that. Rarely do they lose.. the stories or reasoning simply get more creative.

I see "wallets" bursting on all sorts of things. Based on Authors take, I fall firmly in the "collector" realm as simply love the hobby....

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But this is a money grab by Stern and for the distributors. These games target people in a different pinball budget category than those that typically buy NIB games. If 40th LE buyers people want the topper or the clown shooter another $1k+ or $189 is probably rounding error.

Here is where we disagree somewhat. 1) The game should come with the topper end of story. Why? Not only because you're charging an arm and a leg but because its not about a rounding error... its that you can't buy that shooter rod or topper. So basically you don't have to fish around for them you just get it.

2) I don't think this is a money grab for Stern, I think this is helping their dealers make some cash, because they're months behind on their orders. Its like getting bread before dinner. Your hungry so let me bring you some BREAD! LOL

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Here is where we disagree somewhat. 1) The game should come with the topper end of story. Why? Not only because you're charging an arm and a leg but because its not about a rounding error... its that you can't buy that shooter rod or topper. So basically you don't have to fish around for them you just get it.
2) I don't think this is a money grab for Stern, I think this is helping their dealers make some cash, because they're months behind on their orders. Its like getting bread before dinner. Your hungry so let me bring you some BREAD! LOL

It is a shame the topper wasn’t included for completeness.

As for your second point, I agree that was probably a strong factor and should have worded my comment better.

#337 2 years ago

Flipnout has one 40th left if anyone is looking.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Flipnout has one 40th left if anyone is looking.

Not only do we have a spot for the Elvira 40th available, but we may have an even more special one for sale. The coveted #40! For that someone that wants THE Elvira #40th Anniversary, contact us today at Flip N Out Pinball And I know the topper is nowhere to be found but I’ll figure out a way for #40 to have the topper

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not only do we have a spot for the Elvira 40th available, but we may have an even more special one for sale. The coveted #40! For that someone that wants THE Elvira #40th Anniversary, contact us today at Flip N Out Pinball And I know the topper is nowhere to be found but I’ll figure out a way for #40 to have the topper

coveted by who? talk about price pumping

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If 40th LE buyers people want the topper or the clown shooter another $1k+ or $189 is probably rounding error.

At 25k are we really complaining about an extra $1,000? Not really. It was a cash grab, and the people that will pay it, don’t care if it’s 22k, 25k, or 28k (fun fact, I’ve been quoted each of those numbers from distro’s)

Personally, theme does nothing for me, and since the game play is EXACTLY the same on a Premium, you can send it out for Powdercoat, put a shooter rod from whoever makes it, and other than the noted art differences, you have the same game and budget left for a Godzilla. With the understanding that you’re saving about $1k a month on the 12 month wait for a Premium

Also, not limited to 199... there are at least 200, because #000 was at Expo

1D799AF0-E850-47CE-A3FA-487F09F34151 (resized).jpeg1D799AF0-E850-47CE-A3FA-487F09F34151 (resized).jpeg
#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Can't wait til the JJP "Super Limited CE Edition" of GnR is announced where even more blinky lights are crammed in and the price doubles, while people waiting for their LE wait even longer

I have an LE, and I’d pay for a SLCE..... if they do it, I’ll be the first one screaming •Take My Money•

I don’t give two fucks what is different, I missed the boat on CE, and if a better one comes out, I’ll buy it on theme alone. “There’s a hand for every shooter rod”

EHOH is the example for me of “theme matters”

#342 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

Also, not limited to 199... there are at least 200, because #000 was at Expo
[quoted image]

That was their Engineering sample. The 'not for resale' builds are never counted in the edition numbers.

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:At 25k are we really complaining about an extra $1,000? Not really. It was a cash grab, and the people that will pay it, don’t care if it’s 22k, 25k, or 28k (fun fact, I’ve been quoted each of those numbers from distro’s)
Personally, theme does nothing for me

Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

I have an LE, and I’d pay for a SLCE..... if they do it, I’ll be the first one screaming •Take My Money•
I don’t give two fucks what is different, I missed the boat on CE, and if a better one comes out, I’ll buy it on theme alone. “There’s a hand for every shooter rod”
EHOH is the example for me of “theme matters”

Aren't you sort of contradicting yourself here?

Theme does matter ( as Pat even reiterated at his chat). I keep circling back to Supreme...did anyone even play it and describe what game was like ( maybe, never saw a thread)?

EHOH could be to someone as GnR is to you...maybe I'm just not following..

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Theme does matter ( as Pat even reiterated at his chat). I keep circling back to Supreme...did anyone even play it and describe what game was like ( maybe, never saw a thread)?

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Basically EHOH is a theme, on any level, I'm not willing to shell out money for. GNR on the other hand, is my grail theme. I've played EHOH, I have no extreme like or dislike for the game, but honestly the theme is a turn off. It's 'meh'. Don't care for it at all. Not a horror fan, never watched her movies, didn't have a crush on her when I was a kid.... none of the things that collectors like myself pay for. 12 year old me got yanked out of a GNR concert I snuck out to with friends by my mother who thought they were devil music. I was told "you can see them when you're older"....... thanks mom, that 'older' was 25 years later

#345 2 years ago

As long as buyers of the 40th are happy with their purchase, all’s good.

I love the haunted house that works even if you know nothing about Elvira theme and that they all play the same. I’m very happy I have an LE and topper. If the 40th had been released at the same time/price I still would have picked the LE. I would love to have a print of the 40th backglass though and maybe the dagger shooter (though it looks very bulky).

Congrats to ZMeny on getting #40 - that’s pretty sweet.

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Interesting how similar that is to the Sideshow version that sold for $40 a while back:
[quoted image]

Those Sideshow daggers sold for $40 when they were originally released in 2015. Now they fetch $300+

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

They know the same thing the rest of us do: that human caused climate change is a thing and it's not going to get any better because people aren't willing (by nature) to change until it's too late, so they're just trying to get off planet with all the money they bilked out of us.

i refuse to be a lemming that's why.
same people driving in 85 car caravans at the climate change meetings right?

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Those Sideshow daggers sold for $40 when they were originally released in 2015. Now they fetch $300+

True but $300 + a shooter rod and glue isn’t terrible for those that want to re-create one for their game.

#349 2 years ago

My hope is that when stern cranks up the line to make 200 Elvira 40’s that they will keep it running to work through all the orders for premiums that they have.

PS. I have been selling off other stuff to buy more games as I am stuck at home 24/7 and excruciatingly bored, so if any Distro’s out there are sitting on a 40th and want to make a sweet deal to a lowlife Pinsider like me on a game shoot me a PM

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My hope is that when stern cranks up the line to make 200 Elvira 40’s that they will keep it running to work through all the orders for premiums that they have.

That would be my guess and makes the most sense. I wonder if Stern ended up with more parts and playfields that were needed for the current orders, so someone thought this idea up. If so, it's pretty genius.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

18,500 (OBO)
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/7?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.