C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Levi it won’t be long before your HUO original MB at 20k is considered a bargain!
For what it’s worth your asking price was in my opinion fair due to its age/condition.

It was fair, as it's sold.

I'm still not sure why expensive pinball machines make people so angry. You can tell some people are about to explode with rage when an expensive game - whether new, or in the used market - pops up. Sincere, pure, purple rage. People get downright ugly and nasty with hatred and spite.

Relax folks. Pinball is supposed to be fun!

To that point, check out the video footage that's popping up on FB of the new Elvira 40th on the show floor in Chicago. It just looks amazing!

#252 2 years ago

Let's just hope that this means Elvira stays on the line for all the back orders.

More Elviras is a good thing, I think it's the Best modern Stern game yet.

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was fair, as it's sold.
I'm still not sure why expensive pinball machines make people so angry. You can tell some people are about to explode with rage when an expensive game - whether new, or in the used market - pops up. Sincere, pure, purple rage. People get downright ugly and nasty hatred and spite.
Relax folks. Pinball is supposed to be fun!
To that point, check out the video footage that's popping up on FB of the new Elvira 40th on the show floor in Chicago. It just looks amazing!

Yeah looks amazing. Didn’t have shooter rod and hoping apron looks better when released.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah looks amazing. Didn’t have shooter rod and hoping apron looks better when released.

They better be looking amazing for extra 15 large! Ha

#255 2 years ago

For those who don't have facebook can someone share the links of the videos referenced above? Thanks!

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im thinking they will just run the both together since they're are identical in every way except fluff.

From your keyboard to Stern's eyes. It would only make sense and be fair to those that have waited thru 2 price increases and delays for nearly a year attributed to parts shortages. If they have the parts to build these 40 Anniversary versions, then the premiums should be completed and shipped first.
The world is not always fair unfortunately, now lets see if Stern Pinball is !

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

For those who don't have facebook can someone share the links of the videos referenced above? Thanks!

Go to 2mins 40seconds

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Go to 2mins 40seconds

I saw this video yesterday when posted. You have to admit it is a sharp looking machine for sure. Just a bit outta my range for pinball.

#259 2 years ago

Damn good looking machine! Thanks for posting the video

#260 2 years ago

Ain't $25K and up sharp-looking.

I need to throw neon powdercoated hardware on all my machines and sign them with a sharpie if that's all it takes to get that kind of money. I'll even cut a piece of vinyl up that I claim to be a couch my fiancee sat and passed gas on and include it with every machine.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just to follow that up …
I was one of the few that cancelled my two Elvira Premium orders last year when Stern jacked up the price by $500 across the board - even on people who had paid deposits and had been waiting for months.
Look - I love Stern. Garys a cool cat, and he kept his company alive in 08/09 when it should have gone down the gurgler. They’re making great games.
But you don’t go jacking your existing customers orders up by $500 and say “take it or leave it”. Not cool. So I cancelled on principle.
Here we have sorta the same thing. “Buy this SLE Elvira! $15,000! Only X amount will be made! Get some of her sofa fabric! Whooop whoop! You’ll be super special!”
Now … “buy this purple one! $25,000! Those other guys that paid $15,000 ain’t as special as you!”
So that’s pretty douchey thing to do to the SLE and LE buyers.
The other side of the coin - you can’t blame them for doing it. People just keep buying them. I bet if they priced these at $40,000 there would still be buyers. There are literally thousands of “look at me!! I got one of these!!” rich dudes out there.
rd

Spot on RD

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I love pinball, I love all the pinball offerings from all the companies (some more than others, lol), but paying $25K for this is insane (in my humble opinion). Almost shocking. Just being honest
Doesn't mean I'm poor (I could afford one if I wanted), doesn't mean I don't understand that they will all sell or are sold out. It's just not a priority for me to have all that extra money tied into a show-off piece when you can get the exact same gameplay out of the other Stern Elvira machines. Hell, I even find it satisfying to powdercoat and customize the machines myself.
I have several hobbies and many of them have the "elite" items that cost way more than others.. this is not one hobby I care to extend myself in this way.
That being said, if they can sell these out in one day at $25K, it makes me wonder if the market is heading even higher than it has in the last 9 months?

i wont buy one because i have self-respect and dont like the idea of stern screwing me over. id rather leave the money to my kids to piss away on pokemon cards

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is also a way to reward distributors, like Beatles Diamond "attempted" to do. They don't make 100% margin like this on ANYTHING.

I heard wholesale price was 15k though

Quoted from Frax:

Even if they do, it won't matter. They're not going to be able to get enough production and manufacturing in space by the time it's too late (for them, or humanity in general) to have any kind of life they would actually find acceptable. If my money spent on Amazon is what finally enables humanity to have any chance at leaving this rock before we're obliterated...I'll be happy to keep buying from Amazon.
Will never understand why people think the rich are just going to take off into space LOL....enjoy your vaccum toilets and limited food selection. Without the planet, there's nothing left to support stuff in space, and we aren't even remotely close to scratching the premise of "The Martian" much less having a comfortable life up there.

Duh, everyone knows they are going underground.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I heard wholesale price was 15k though

Ok, a 60% margin and $10K profit per machine isn’t too shabby!!!

#265 2 years ago

So Radcals, fancy powdercoating, and mirrored backglass. All things that should be pretty much standard on machines in 2021 if manufactures weren't so cheap. I mean, show me one thing on this machine besides the LED's and video screen that wasn't being used in 1999?

Add up what it costs to make nice decals, powdercoat armor, put in side blades, and a few other things.

#266 2 years ago

Everyone has clearly missed the point of this machine

#267 2 years ago

The expo video does a decent job of showing off the actual 40th version. After careful inspection, I've concluded that although the foil effect is nifty, I prefer the bolder/richer reds and blacks on my LE to the purples on the 40. It seems like you lose some of the deep blacks with the foil decals. I'm curious if that's the case when seeing it in person?

#268 2 years ago

Someone go play it at Expo and let us know if the code is basically the same or not.. Other than the achievements of course.

Rob

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Someone go play it at Expo and let us know if the code is basically the same or not.. Other than the achievements of course.
Rob

I hope one of the achievements is “You bought Gary a new house” right when you turn it on.

#270 2 years ago

Re-releasing LE's just isn't cool. Premiums and pros can be run to their hearts content but LE's are supposed to remain Limited. Spooky is the only pinball manufacturer that has integrity and will not issue more LE's despite the crazy demand they got for example with Rick and Morty. JJP, CGC and now Stern have violated the trust in their LE models.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Re-releasing LE's just isn't cool. Premiums and pros can be run to their hearts content but LE's are supposed to remain Limited. Spooky is the only pinball manufacturer that has integrity and will not issue more LE's despite the crazy demand they got for example with Rick and Morty. JJP, CGC and now Stern have violated the trust in their LE models.

The price increases are due to the new blood in the hobby that don't remember the $4K NIB days... And these new guys are the ones paying the super high prices for everything.. they could care less about old LE owners, just give them product at any price!! Stern is riding the high profits and can just say they are "giving the people what they want". LMAO.

And I am with you, I'm an old time LE owner... just saying this is the new reality.

#272 2 years ago

You could stop buying them if you know these companies are just going to break their integrity.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

or...........
You could stop buying them if you know these companies are just going to break their integrity.

Funny you mention that. I stopped buying JJP and CGC LE's due their practices and bought about 4 LE's from Stern and of course a R&M BSE in the last 2 years thinking that Stern and Spooky were the only ones with integrity. Now I will drop Stern as well from future purchases. I already put deposits down for Haggis' Fathom ME and PB's Aliens LV. Hope those two companies don't shaft LE owners like JJP, CGC and Stern did.

#274 2 years ago

Funny you mention that. I stopped buying JJP and CGC LE's due their practices and bought about 4 LE's from Stern and of course a R&M BSE in the last 2 years thinking that Stern and Spooky were the only ones with integrity. Now I will drop Stern as well from future purchases. I already put deposits down for Haggis' Fathom ME and PB's Aliens LV. Hope those two companies don't shaft LE owners like JJP, CGC and Stern did.

Because your investments aren't turning enough profit or what? Everyonewho bought any of the machines referenced day one is doing A-OK!

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

So Radcals, fancy powdercoating, and mirrored backglass. All

Add up what it costs to make nice decals, powdercoat armor, put in side blades, and a few other things.

Don’t forget the trading card.

#276 2 years ago

JJP has always had kind of

LE really doesn’t mean anything. Just buy the games you want to enjoy & enjoy them.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

JJP has always had kind of

LE really doesn’t mean anything. Just buy the games you want to enjoy & enjoy them.

Maybe but an LE is what was paid for and re-issuing LE's violates that. I could have saved a lot of money just buying premiums and powdercoating them myself. At least I know that they can build as many premiums as they like when I purchase a premium.

#278 2 years ago

How is everyone liking the purple?

Pictures taken from Cary Hardy video walk through. Much obliged Cary.

Screenshot_20211027-212203_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211027-212203_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211027-212244_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211027-212244_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211027-212313_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211027-212313_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211027-212315_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211027-212315_YouTube (resized).jpg

#279 2 years ago

nvm.......

#280 2 years ago

Maybe but an LE is what was paid for and re-issuing LE's violates that. I could have saved a lot of money just buying premiums and powdercoating them myself. At least I know that they can build as many premiums as they like when I purchase a premium.

Who really cares. There was already a premium, LE, Stupid LE, and now buy at any cost LE. Expecting companies to walk away from massive profits so that you can sleep soundly about their integrity is just going to mean you no longer buy pinball machines.

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I prefer the original red. But, I'm also biased since I own an LE. That purple is not as nice as the one in the advertisement.

Rob

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I prefer the original red. But, I'm also biased since I own an LE. That purple is not as nice as the one in the advertisement.
Rob

I think the red flows better when you are looking at the blood dripping on the inner art blades. Never seen the purple in person so can't say with certainty.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

The purple powder coat looks good, much better than the flyer images (darker and more blue), although the "dripping blood" side armor loses it's essence a bit.
But the couch is pink - that's not Elvira's iconic couch!

#284 2 years ago

For those that are buying this model, will you actually play them? I'd personally be upset at every dimple that appeared on a 25k pin.

I'm not being snarky, i promise. I wish I had the disposable income to put one in my crib!

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

For those that are buying this model, will you actually play them? I'd personally be upset at every dimple that appeared on a 25k pin.
I'm not being snarky, i promise. I wish I had the disposable income to put one in my crib!

You don’t dare play this pin. Are you serious? That’s not what this is for. First ball hits the playfield and it’s already in players condition.

#286 2 years ago

The game looks fantastic! I personally would just buy the Premium and powdercoat/mod to my liking. That's what is great about this hobby. Something for everyone.

#287 2 years ago

Maybe but an LE is what was paid for and re-issuing LE's violates that.

They didn’t reissue the LE. There are still only 400 LEs and 50 SLEs. This is the 40th Anniversary Edition, a different variation, limited to 199.

They’re all the same, though. So is the Premium. LOL.

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So is the Premium.

just add $15k

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

The mirror-finish embossed cabinet art is gorgeous (looks better than butter to me).
The LE40 purple color trim looks good, although I like the red trim on the LE and SE better.
However, the blood-dripping side rails make sense in red but don't make sense in purple.
And I don't like the "40 years" logo on the backglass or various places on the cabinet.
The logo replaces pics of Elvira on the backbox sides and overlaps her thigh on the right side of the cab.

#290 2 years ago

A beautiful game...I'll give it that. Lyman's last w Stern?

#291 2 years ago

I want more breast booster!... I mean beast booster!

Rob

#292 2 years ago

I called my distributor and he said they're out. So I said "Well I called the jerk distributor and they're out of Gary Sterns!"

Sorry. I thought there was a joke in there somewhere.

seinfeld___jerk_store_poem.jpgseinfeld___jerk_store_poem.jpg
#293 2 years ago

So………apart from beltking (congrats), who else is in? I gotta say it is a beautiful thing, and thinking….

#294 2 years ago

I want an invite to Stern’s 2021 Holiday Party. I’ve heard it’s going to be a blowout.

567EB493-FD12-48D5-A72A-7ED4BB15AEAA.gif567EB493-FD12-48D5-A72A-7ED4BB15AEAA.gif

Gary’s going to be passing out bonuses, himself.
05C2131E-05BC-47C8-86A9-A71FC5346807.gif05C2131E-05BC-47C8-86A9-A71FC5346807.gif

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I called my distributor and he said they're out. So I said "Well I called the jerk distributor and they're out of Gary Sterns!"
[quoted image]

830C5968-9BA5-4419-96F5-D0B0A4B7FAC8 (resized).jpeg830C5968-9BA5-4419-96F5-D0B0A4B7FAC8 (resized).jpeg
#296 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A beautiful game...I'll give it that. Lyman's last w Stern?

Yes. Since this is a new special limited edition and is Lyman’s last game .... Stern should have built and included and toppers for free - shame on them for being lazy on this year’s cash grab. Where the hell is the topper for $25 thousand fucking dollars? Anyways, in addition to producing those toppers there should have been an announcement that the topper code had been expanded. It would now select among 5 random Cassandra screams and the topper light show had been enhanced too. Best yet the code works for all previous toppers sold. Notice I said there should have been an announcement? Well, Stern did not announce anything and the topper code gently weeps over what could have, what should have been done in the first place. It’s cool, but not baddazz Kool.

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes. Since this is a new special limited edition and is Lyman’s last game .... Stern should have included the topper for free. Shame on them. Where the hell is the topper for $25 thousand fucking dollars? Anyways, in addition to producing those toppers there should have been an announcement that the topper code had been expanded. It would now select among 5 random Cassandra screams and the topper light show has been enhanced too. Best yet the code works for all previous toppers sold. Notice I said there should have been an announcement? Well, Stern did not announce anything and the topper code gently weeps over what could have, what should have been done in the first place.

I don’t understand, do you mean the newest code doesn’t work on the early production toppers?

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don’t understand, do you mean the newest code doesn’t work on the early production toppers?

Newest code runs topper fine but does it in a limited way. In fact there is exactly one recorded scream that gets played. It is possible to trigger the topper sequence 2 -3 times per game. So three times you get the same scream. I am bemoaning that this is too limited. Also the topper could have been used in more ways, like the randomly occurring scream on gb gives the game some character. There could have been some really neat things brainstormed and implemented with the EHOH topper to give it a signature feel and make it worth what it costs.

But I am also complaining that Stern is making a super expensive “everything in it” edition of EHOH and they cheap out and don’t build and provide their own $1k topper, to allow buyer to tie his own room together. It is like Gary stands in front of a line of people who purchased a EHOH40. Gary stops in front of each and reaches out to firmly slap their face. “You’ll get your game, but no topper, Gary bellows”. “I think you are stupid, but more importantly, I thank you for buying this game. Rest assured you’ll have your game before Xmas and the premium buyers who ordered their games in Jan can go f* themselves. They’ll have to wait for next year til we build their games. Those cheap asses aren’t paying enough to make me care about them, let them eat cake”.

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It does but it is kind of limited. There is one recorded scream. I am bemoaning that this is too limited. Also it could be used in more ways like the randomly occurring scream on gb. There could have been some really neat things brainstormed and implemented with the topper to give it a signature feel and make it worth what it costs.

So is it like that with the later produce toppers as well or is there a difference between later production and early production with the code implementation?

#300 2 years ago

I’m in on one as well. Will be unboxed and played.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/6?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.