C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.
#201 2 years ago
248993637_10106367099284041_4258942495471000992_n (resized).jpeg248993637_10106367099284041_4258942495471000992_n (resized).jpeg
#202 2 years ago

This will be the new norm.....can see something like, in 2 years it's KISS' 50th Anniversary so a STERN KISS 50th Anniversary machine. Of course KISS will still be on their Final tour!

Speaking of KISS.....Pinball is just like KISS in the sense no matter what they put out the fans buy into it!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That hasn't been the case since before Tron....where the heck have you been? Tron was MECHANICALLY the same as far as ball interaction, but the LE has Daft Punk Multiball, and the pro does not.....after that......different mechs on every LE/Premium.

My comment about identical gamplay was pertaining to the various versions of Elvira.

Obviously there are gameplay differences between the pro and prem/LE on other games.

I'm glad Stern hasn't added extra modes or haunts for the LE, SLE, or the new 40'th anniversay edition (at least so far they haven't).

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Call me crazy but I ordered one yesterday. Most distributors got 2 or 3. Like 120 in USA only. Some I called said where not selling theirs until they sold out elsewhere so they can get a premium. Most are $25 plus shipping and gone but some were asking $29k.
Distributors didn’t know about this release before hand. Found out like us. I’ll do a video once it arrives.

You find any under 25

#205 2 years ago

I love pinball, I love all the pinball offerings from all the companies (some more than others, lol), but paying $25K for this is insane (in my humble opinion). Almost shocking. Just being honest

Doesn't mean I'm poor (I could afford one if I wanted), doesn't mean I don't understand that they will all sell or are sold out. It's just not a priority for me to have all that extra money tied into a show-off piece when you can get the exact same gameplay out of the other Stern Elvira machines. Hell, I even find it satisfying to powdercoat and customize the machines myself.

I have several hobbies and many of them have the "elite" items that cost way more than others.. this is not one hobby I care to extend myself in this way.

That being said, if they can sell these out in one day at $25K, it makes me wonder if the market is heading even higher than it has in the last 9 months?

#206 2 years ago

This is getting similar to crypto...eventually you reach a ceiling and the number of buyers at the extreme points will become limited...Thing about machines though is they can't break apart like tokens obviously, so as an investment, you severly limit your options for resale. Hope the current owners plan on playing or holding their machines for a long long time as flipping options on something priced into the stratosphere are almost 0...

Crypto just seems way easier at this point...

I just doubled my Shiba Inu account in a week vs the logistics of flipping a machine...if you took that same 30k last week and bought Shiba, you'd be sitting on 80K + right now...versus what 5 or 6k on an already ridiculous markup..

#207 2 years ago

Fu#k stern

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

You find any under 25

No only found two at 25k. I think they are paying 18-20 so making 5-6k. Most wanted 29. Way I figure the le people want 18-20 now and this one is rarer.

I have a new clown shooter, side art, and magnetic speaker cover for premium for sale if anyone is interested. Pm me.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

No only found two at 25k. I think they are paying 18-20 so making 5-6k. Most wanted 29. Way I figure the le people want 18-20 now and this one is rarer.
I have a new clown shooter, side art, and magnetic speaker cover for premium for sale if anyone is interested. Pm me.

It would be damn sad if they were charging their distributors who they have been starving for machines due to back orders $18-$20,000 for a machine that cost them let’s say worst-case $5000 to build, that would be a slap in the face to their distributor network!

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

the distributors have garys blood running through them, have to get a blood transfusion before being considered nowadays.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My comment about identical gamplay was pertaining to the various versions of Elvira.
Obviously there are gameplay differences between the pro and prem/LE on other games.
I'm glad Stern hasn't added extra modes or haunts for the LE, SLE, or the new 40'th anniversay edition (at least so far they haven't).

Okay. I still can't fathom why there WOULD be a difference as there's no precedent there. I guess there can be a first time for everything, and the way we're going we might see that sooner than later.

Ugh.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay. I still can't fathom why there WOULD be a difference as there's no precedent there. I guess there can be a first time for everything, and the way we're going we might see that sooner than later.
Ugh.

Well they started down that road a little bit with the Goat mode in JP, you need the topper to acess that mode.

That's not too bad since all versions of the game (pro, prem, LE) can all add the topper. Most people who can afford a pro can probably afford a $600 topper if they really want the extra mode. However if they offered a special 25K-30K version of JP that contained extra gameplay modes, most people would not be able to afford that upgrade.

Let's hope that the ultra high end collectors (or suckers) are totally fine with having only cosmetic or bling enhancements to justify their purchase. That way Stern won't feel the pressure to add any exclusive gameplay content to make the sales.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

yeah Eric .
I am with you man ..
Just like that Simpsons i sold you for like 4200 . what are they now 7k..lol
And Pro prices are a freaking joke.
Not so much diff Now from a ThePin to a pro in price .. And just a few node bards less or just one node board less .

only an Idiot would buy a ThePin for the little amount more it cost for the stripped down or loaded up thePin to a What they call a commercial stock pro.

I dunno. 4600 vs 6700 means a Pro costs 45% more than a Pin. I have two Pros, love them, and am also excited to receive my JPPin.

#214 2 years ago

Maybe I should rethink my desire for Stern to produce a 20th anniversary LOTR!

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's funny to me that people say this.
Seems to me Stern customers tend to be extremely satisfied. They keep buying Stern pinball machines and seem to be happy when they do. The 199 people who bought this 40th edition game are likely very satisfied. Or else why did they buy it?!

To flip and/ or to brag

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Call me crazy but I ordered one yesterday. Most distributors got 2 or 3. Like 120 in USA only. Some I called said where not selling theirs until they sold out elsewhere so they can get a premium. Most are $25 plus shipping and gone but some were asking $29k.
Distributors didn’t know about this release before hand. Found out like us. I’ll do a video once it arrives.

Good for you! I was considering to get an Elvira but decided on BM66 and am running out of room anyway, but Elvira is a top notch pin.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Maybe I should rethink my desire for Stern to produce a 20th anniversary LOTR!

2022 is the 40th anniversary of the original Tron movie

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Good for you! I was considering to get an Elvira but decided on BM66 and am running out of room anyway, but Elvira is a top notch pin.

Thanks. Have a batman66 catwoman and that’s one of my favs.

#219 2 years ago

It would be interesting to know how many sold through. I’m sure a few maniacs legit bought it for $25k+…but I wonder how many distribs are saying “sold out” & just gonna sit on them until they get bites at a high price…and if not, offer them lower.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Congrats and you are the kind of collector Stern is making these for. You pretty much only collect modern games and I imagine most are LE's. Besides South Park it appears you haven't owned anything manufactured prior to 2013 so you likely weren't in the hobby when games like LOTR and SM cost under 4K NIB. So these high prices and constant price increases probably just seem like the norm.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Congrats and you are the kind of collector Stern is making these for. You pretty much only collect modern games and I imagine most are LE's. Besides South Park it appears you haven't owned anything manufactured prior to 2013 so you likely weren't in the hobby when games like LOTR and SM cost under 4K NIB. So these high prices and constant price increases probably just seem like the norm.

I think 4K so way to high for a theme like LOTR.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Wait until the HUGE new LOTR show comes out on Amazon. There will be SLEs of that one for sure.

#223 2 years ago

I think LOTR is a masterpiece and still one of Stern's best. You own a Primus and Zepplin so there's that. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:I think LOTR is a masterpiece and still one of Stern's best. You own a Primus and Zepplin so there's that. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

EXACTLY!

#225 2 years ago

How do we get this machine added to the database on pinside?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

How do we get this machine added to the database on pinside?

Donate 5k to Pinside! Lol

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Primus and Zepplin

One of these is far more damning than the other, and surprisingly....it's not LZ!

#228 2 years ago

Forgive me if this has already been answered but I can only assume Stern will be shipping these machines BEFORE filling the EHOH deposit orders that were placed many months ago?
Forgot to add that it’s pretty pathetic that the topper isn’t even included.

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It would be interesting to know how many sold through. I’m sure a few maniacs legit bought it for $25k+…but I wonder how many distribs are saying “sold out” & just gonna sit on them until they get bites at a high price…and if not, offer them lower.

That's what I'm thinking, I'm guessing g you'll be able to get one of these for a while. 199 is a lot more than the 80 BatmanSLE's or the 50 Elvira Signature games and almost 2x the cost. Weren't those avail for a while after announcing?

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's what I'm thinking, I'm guessing g you'll be able to get one of these for a while. 199 is a lot more than the 80 BatmanSLE's or the 50 Elvira Signature games and almost 2x the cost. Weren't those avail for a while after announcing?

The amount of people looking for games back then is dwarfed by the amount of people buying games now. And, the supply of built, available in stock games appears to be much smaller, along with all other consumer products.

Like most things pinball and a few years ago it’s tough to draw an accurate comparison. Stern is even cranking out brand new Beatles games on their line as we speak- remember, that other game that nobody wanted and would be easily available?

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

They will be available for the next year or two.
The real question is what the high mark asking/actual sold price will be.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The amount of people looking for games back then is dwarfed by the amount of people buying games now. And, the supply of built, available in stock games appears to be much smaller, along with all other consumer products.
Like most things pinball and a few years ago it’s tough to draw an accurate comparison. Stern is even cranking out brand new Beatles games on their line as we speak- remember, that other game that nobody wanted and would be easily available?

Levi it won’t be long before your HUO original MB at 20k is considered a bargain!
For what it’s worth your asking price was in my opinion fair due to its age/condition.

#233 2 years ago

December/Jan production for these

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

People love feeling special and nothing says I'm "special" like a 30k pinball machine.

Yeah, a special kind of stupid

#235 2 years ago

Just the existence of this with this price offends me…. I know that saying gets overplayed these days. My inner voice is just saying f*ck Stern, anyone who buys this, or even shrugs this off as nothing. How does this make pinball better?

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Just the existence of this with this price offends me…. I know that saying gets overplayed these days. My inner voice is just saying f*ck Stern, anyone who buys this, or even shrugs this off as nothing. How does this make pinball better?

It keeps Stern churning & flush with cash so they can keep making new games. You don’t have to buy the bonkers price games, you can buy bonkers-but-less-bonkers Pros or Premiums.

A boxed Elvira SLE went for like $34k after taxes and fees at the Banning auction. Why WOULDN’T Stern do this when that type of buyer is out there? I don’t know who these people are or why they want to spend this much on games…but they exist. If it was your business, you’d leverage that somehow.

#237 2 years ago

Apparently Stern will be doing a 50th anniversary pin featuring their 50 best selling pins in 2027.

It will cost $50,000 in commemoration

#238 2 years ago

$25k-$30k pinball machine, lol. The Stern "extra special super collectors anniversary edition"! Because having 3 different versions of the same machine isn't enough...

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it" I guess.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It keeps Stern churning & flush with cash so they can keep making new games. You don’t have to buy the bonkers price games, you can buy bonkers-but-less-bonkers Pros or Premiums.
A boxed Elvira SLE went for like $34k after taxes and fees at the Banning auction. Why WOULDN’T Stern do this when that type of buyer is out there? I don’t know who these people are or why they want to spend this much on games…but they exist. If it was your business, you’d leverage that somehow.

It’s not like I don’t agree with you or understand why it’s happening I just think it’s gross.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Meh, it's not for me either, but there are plenty of other options out there for folks like me. I say, good on Stern for convincing 199 people that they need to pay this much on a plywood box with blinking lights. Keeps Stern flush with cash so they can keep producing games with less profit, like Pros and Pins.

#241 2 years ago

The Price is $25,000

Not for everyone. The distributors have significant latitude on pricing for this.

I was offered one for less. YMMV.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm told the MSRP was $25k and the distros I've talked to were sold out at that price.
There are some still available for $29k+ if you look around.

Well, my distrib must like me because if that’s MSRP my price was lower.

But I passed. I’m perfectly happy with my LE. I’d consider a 40th but not at these prices.

#243 2 years ago

Well it's clear as day Stern are starting to produce games for the 'high rollers'. $25k may be a fortune to you guys, but to the high rollers, it's pocket change.

Why not target the wealthy?

If I was stinking rich, I don't want a $10k game that 'ordinary' people can afford....I want something a bit more exclusive.

A no-brainer business strategy.

Maybe we'll see some big-name celebrities shooting a few games in their mega-mansions.

#244 2 years ago

Where does this put the Super LE? I guess this is the one most desired now?

#245 2 years ago

I heard they are doing a LOTR Commemorative Edition -- 50K and ONLY 50 Machines

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

This will be the new norm.....can see something like, in 2 years it's KISS' 50th Anniversary so a STERN KISS 50th Anniversary machine. Of course KISS will still be on their Final tour!
Speaking of KISS.....Pinball is just like KISS in the sense no matter what they put out the fans buy into it!

Not me- I was out the instant they put imposters in Ace and Peter's makeup!

#247 2 years ago

I don't understand why people are so upset, if you don't like the price don't buy it. They have this game as a premium for much less but if someone wants to pay for a version like this it does not affect anyone else, I just don't get all the anger, seems like a lot of jealously.

#248 2 years ago

All this could help the guys who are waiting for their premium version, once Stern switches the the line over to make these 199 anniversary LE’s I would imagine there’s a good chance they will continue to produce the backlogged Premium orders before they switch to a different game.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

All this could help the guys who are waiting for their premium version, once Stern switches the the line over to make these 199 anniversary LE’s I would imagine there’s a good chance they will continue to produce the backlogged Premium orders before they switch to a different game.

Hope that is the case.
Sand in the eye raising prices several times and now potentially putting this one ahead.

Good for biz, but if I had a deposit, not thinking Stern cares a whole lotta at this point.

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Quoted from Vino:

Hope that is the case.
Sand in the eye raising prices several times and now potentially putting this one ahead.
Good for biz, but if I had a deposit, not thinking Stern cares a whole lotta at this point.

Im thinking they will just run the both together since they're are identical in every way except fluff. Likely they already had the Premium run booked in before they decided to slide in the EHOHLE40 for a bit of extra cash to fund the Stern Xmas party. CrazyLevi make sure you get an invite to that this year - going to be a huge one with the year Stern has had.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

18,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/5?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.