C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg

There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.
#101 2 years ago

Main question is, if Stern can get this much for the Anniversary Editions, is it even worth it to them to make any more Premiums?

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Main question is, if Stern can get this much for the Anniversary Editions, is it even worth it to them to make any more Premiums?

I have premiums on order for 2022.

$8799.

If anyone wants an Elvira, but missed out on the LE, SLE and 40th anniversay, this is the same game minus the "bling." Still the same playfield and the same fun game.

[email protected]

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Yes, because Premiums are unlimited and a different demographic is buying them.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

If anyone wants an Elvira, but missed out on the LE, SLE and 40th anniversay, this is the same game minus the "bling." Still the same playfield and the same fun game.

Yup, and you can have your own purple metal armor cut to look just like this 40th release, and it sounds like you can get the autographs elsewhere... is it really worth 10K+ for a plaque and cabinet art?

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LEs have always been “fake collectibles”. Only buy it if you love the theme/art package/extras

Yes indeed
312A9151-72D7-40BF-A681-14F63D69E8B9 (resized).jpeg312A9151-72D7-40BF-A681-14F63D69E8B9 (resized).jpeg

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The game seems finished? Maybe I was just playing an outdated build but does the 3rd garage multiball even have its own rules yet? does the wild market value target do anything? Is phone a friend a thon multiball in the game?

Yeah, you have not played a recent build. Phone a friend has been in there for at least a year. The wild market target builds up value for the super wizard at the end of the game, and does some other stuff. I forget the rules for the third MB but it's there

#107 2 years ago

I’m glad more Elvira pins are being made and I like special editions such as this or SW comic or BM66 Catwoman etc.

I’m not buying an Elvira however because I’ve got Godzilla and BM66 on order. But glad for all who do get one of these.

#108 2 years ago

I guess I'm glad this is $25k, because at $20k I'd be tempted to pull the trigger.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yup, and you can have your own purple metal armor cut to look just like this 40th release, and it sounds like you can get the autographs elsewhere... is it really worth 10K+ for a plaque and cabinet art?

And mirrored backglass

#110 2 years ago

Just a poor guy stopping by to say hi. Enjoy your 25k pins if ya got that kinda dough I guess

#111 2 years ago

Shooter rod looks cool.

Overall nice package. Smart marketing - huge backlog in production, probably can’t produce more than 199 in a reasonable time frame anyway, so charge big $$ to weed out the average joe’s. Likely to see more of this going forward.

The guy they hired a couple of years ago from the trading card company is finally starting to pay his way. Wait till he teams up with Disney guy.

#112 2 years ago

I feel bad for the SLE owners tho.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But how much were SLE's? $15k? Looks like a bargain now. Not sure what they were selling for used. I dont think this will hurt their value - maybe even increase it.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I guess I'm glad this is $25k, because at $20k I'd be tempted to pull the trigger.

And this is why we are where we now are …

$25k by Xmas is the new $10k

Just f**kin crazy that people would pay $12,000 - $15,000 more for some powdercoating and some $40 signatures. No matter how much you have in the bank.

I’m just super happy that my family gets just as much enjoyment out of a beat $500 Old Chicago EM than the “latest and greatest” cash grab.

rd

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why? Haven’t they had a game they’ve enjoyed for a few years?

Boohoo?

#116 2 years ago

the Sle buyers bought due to thinking it was going to be Limitations to this Title.. Now nope.. No Limit but here is maybe one better than your SLE some time after a decision was made to get what you Thought was the better model...
SLE=Fake news

Bm66 Was a spike1 and basically an upgraded Screen and real playfield instead of particle material board ThePin . and charged You out the yin yang For a 4k game .
now every game is a BM66 price..hahaha
pro prices are old LE prices of gen 1 Spike games .
Out of hand it is says yoda .
The funniest thing of the new game is it's pricing ...
Congrats to those wanting to and buying them..
Sorry to those who thought The SLE was special .

#117 2 years ago

for rich suckers with little brains

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

OS original suckers.

#119 2 years ago

I would not be surprised if Stern discontinued the PRO models, as long as this gigantic back order situation continues.

Take the Stupid money and run.

Awfull situation for the average buyer/pinball fan.

Uuhhg!

#120 2 years ago

I think Stern have priced too low.
Plenty spotty nerds out there would pay 30k.
Sex to them is spanking the monkey to Elvira … lol

#121 2 years ago

SLE 2.0 Deluxe Signed Diamond Sparkle Limited Run 20 Cent Metal Plaque Chase Stern Exclusive Edition.
Becoming less rare and a lot more common.
Every sale is a grand slam, Every time stern sells one of these its literally the scene from Wolf of Wall Street suckering in the guy on the phone in the auto body shop. Even the top 1% don't like to be the other guy on the phone despite how many millions they have.

BiTMXf7V-600x338 (resized).jpgBiTMXf7V-600x338 (resized).jpg
#122 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "average joe" shouldn't be in the market for LEs.

Quoted from cooked71:

so charge big $$ to weed out the average joe’s.

3B0C346A-2F5F-44A8-9A8C-EAFB4D1258A0.gif3B0C346A-2F5F-44A8-9A8C-EAFB4D1258A0.gif
#123 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

… happy that my family gets just a
Much enjoyment out of a beat $500 Old Chicago EM than the “latest and greatest” cash grab.
rd

Just to follow that up …

I was one of the few that cancelled my two Elvira Premium orders last year when Stern jacked up the price by $500 across the board - even on people who had paid deposits and had been waiting for months.

Look - I love Stern. Garys a cool cat, and he kept his company alive in 08/09 when it should have gone down the gurgler. They’re making great games.

But you don’t go jacking your existing customers orders up by $500 and say “take it or leave it”. Not cool. So I cancelled on principle.

Here we have sorta the same thing. “Buy this SLE Elvira! $15,000! Only X amount will be made! Get some of her sofa fabric! Whooop whoop! You’ll be super special!”

Now … “buy this purple one! $25,000! Those other guys that paid $15,000 ain’t as special as you!”

So that’s pretty douchey thing to do to the SLE and LE buyers.

The other side of the coin - you can’t blame them for doing it. People just keep buying them. I bet if they priced these at $40,000 there would still be buyers. There are literally thousands of “look at me!! I got one of these!!” rich dudes out there.

rd

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just to follow that up …
I was one of the few that cancelled my two Elvira Premium orders last year when Stern jacked up the price by $500 across the board - even on people who had paid deposits and had been waiting for months.
Look - I love Stern. Garys a cool cat, and he kept his company alive in 08/09 when it should have gone down the gurgler. They’re making great games.
But you don’t go jacking your existing customers orders up by $500 and say “take it or leave it”. Not cool. So I cancelled on principle.
Here we have sorta the same thing. “Buy this SLE Elvira! $15,000! Only X amount will be made! Get some of her sofa fabric! Whooop whoop! You’ll be super special!”
Now … “buy this purple one! $25,000! Those other guys that paid $15,000 ain’t as special as you!”
So that’s pretty douchey thing to do to the SLE and LE buyers.
The other side of the coin - you can’t blame them for doing it. People just keep buying them. I bet if they priced these at $40,000 there would still be buyers. There are literally thousands of “look at me!! I got one of these!!” rich dudes out there.
rd

I’m not defending Stern but weren’t there plenty of people complaining about the SLEs, saying that the price is ridiculous and it’s not fair to the LE owners???

#125 2 years ago

Man, it is fascinating to watch this hobby begin to hemorrhage wondering "Where's the ceiling?"

10 years ago, you could get a pinball machine...not a Pro, not a Premium, not an LE...a pinball machine...everyone gets the same game for what...sub $4K?

Now, with the tier system, all the re-re-releases, 10 different "special snowflake" machines and deep pocketed people trying to keep up, some of you are slowly getting weeded out and can't enjoy the hobby anymore - at least the luxurious feeling of being able to buy NIB. Not because you "choose not to" but because you are beginning to feel "priced out."

And by far the part the makes me giggle the most is seeing some buyers all riled up because they're special snowflake machine is all of a sudden not so special anymore. Stern llllllllllllliiiiieeed to me.

Bwhahahahahahahahah. They don't give a shit about you. All they care about is your money and increasing prices more and more. They're taking this to the brink. We'll see $50K super-duper-decoder-ring-tier machines in a couple years. Stern's collab with Supreme exploited what some will pay, and they are going AAAAALLLLLL in on it.

This is the new normal. $7K PROs. $10K LEs. $20K+ super-special editions. This nightmare is now your new pinball reality.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Bm66 Was a spike1 and basically an upgraded Screen and real playfield instead of particle material board ThePin . and charged You out the yin yang For a 4k game .

BM66 is a spike 2 game and saying it's equivalent to "ThePin" edition games is just crazy talk.

#127 2 years ago

anyone who has another version of Elvira, and can't just enjoy the fact that they own a super cool pinball machine, when 99.998% of the world doesn't even own A single pinball machine, because it's now not as "special" as the other guy's version, really doesn't deserve to be happy. And frankly will never find happiness or satisfaction no matter what possessions they acquire. anyone saying otherwise really needs to take a step back from the intensity of the hobby, and this forum to get a breath of fresh air and regain focus on what's important.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

This is becoming a rich person’s hobby. The Uber wealthiest are driving up the price of these pins to a point that the average joe like myself can no longer afford to stay in the LE market anymore

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "average joe" shouldn't be in the market for LEs. That's kind of the whole point.
What's wrong with a pro? Or a $900 EM?
This hobby generally seems lacking in perspective.

yep

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

This is becoming a rich person’s hobby.

becoming?!? these are high-end toys, that when i was growing up in the 70's and 80's were only rarely found in the basement of the rich kid in school. If at all! And even in that case, they were the discarded equipment of an amusement operator who chose to refurb and sell it, rather than toss it in a dumpter. This hobby was never, for a moment, for people without large amounts of disposable income, or people who bought them for their business. The notion that pinball machines are becoming too expensive is comical. One of the most commonly associated characteristics of pinball machines is that they're expensive. just ask anyone who doesn't own one!

#130 2 years ago

I have a piece of Elvira's sofa that came with a book. Anyone want to buy it as a mod?

#131 2 years ago

This is mega lol
As much as I like JJP imagine what they will come up with after seeing Stern pull this heist off

#132 2 years ago

On some level the profits from selling suckers SLEs lowers the operating costs to make pros

#133 2 years ago

All that money for nothing but a few cheap cosmetic features. Nothing of any substance whatsoever. I just don’t get it…but to each his own.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

BM66 is a spike 2 game and saying it's equivalent to "ThePin" edition games is just crazy talk.

Yeh, was confused by that rant also.....but he does apparantly have PinFever so that may explain alot.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

The saying used to be $10K by Xmas, now it's $20k before Xmas.

Honestly, this pricing is becoming so ridiculous Ive given up caring. They're just numbers now.

Have to admit, as an LE buyer, I now feel a little like I'm buying entry level.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

This is mega lol
As much as I like JJP imagine what they will come up with after seeing Stern pull this heist off

Oh I'm sure it's coming, Tin Man "Limited Edition" WOZ in 2025 followed up by the 100th Anniversary Edition in 2039. The 100th Anniversary Edition will be "limited" to 100 games with a price tag of $100k, comes with a piece of the original screen used balloon that The Wizard flew away in.

#137 2 years ago

25k and shipping before X-mas

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have to admit, as an LE buyer, I now feel a little like I'm buying entry level.

You shouldn't. Stern has been good with this one in that the game play experience is identical for all editions.

Now if they add some haunts that are exclusive only to this version, then that might prompt some town folk with pitchforks to start storming the castle.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

All that money for nothing but a few cheap cosmetic features. Nothing of any substance whatsoever. I just don’t get it…but to each his own.

I felt the same about Beatles Platinum and Diamond editions. Same pin. Different plaque. Ludicrous price difference.

The foil decals look cool, but they put those on Iron Man VE for $4800. They're not some crazy value-add.

#140 2 years ago

Haven't heard anyone admit to buying one yet !

#141 2 years ago

#142 2 years ago

I believe some of you are reading too much into this announcement and posing speculations that may be selling Stern's integrity and loyalty to their customers short. There is no way the company that so many supported all these years, would make us wait more than a year with a deposit on an additional run of Elvira HOH Premiums because of a lack of supplies/parts, and then go ahead and produce this 40th Anniversary game before getting our Premiums to us. I am reading this announcement as an indication that they anticipate having all necessary back ordered parts in stock so they can build the Premiums and then these Anniversary editions. Hope I'm right about that, because that is speculation as well until Stern shares their plans with us. Lastly, doesn't a pre-order deposit lock in the price? If not, I feel like I'm in that Seinfeld episode where the Car Rental staff told him they had his reservation, they just didn't have a car to go with that reservation. Duh

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Haven't heard anyone admit to buying one yet !

There’s at least one buyer (or someone wanting to make the purchase) in this thread. Take a look.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Lastly, doesn't a pre-order deposit lock in the price?

No.

#145 2 years ago

I belive Gary Stern said they would allow people who ordered under the old pricing system to back out if they don't want to pay the new price. So gracious. Wow.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "average joe" shouldn't be in the market for LEs. That's kind of the whole point.
What's wrong with a pro? Or a $900 EM?
This hobby generally seems lacking in perspective.

You got any 900 dollar em games laying around?
I’ll take em.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

I believe some of you are reading too much into this announcement and posing speculations that may be selling Stern's integrity and loyalty to their customers short. There is no way the company that so many supported all these years, would make us wait more than a year with a deposit on an additional run of Elvira HOH Premiums because of a lack of supplies/parts, and then go ahead and produce this 40th Anniversary game before getting our Premiums to us. I am reading this announcement as an indication that they anticipate having all necessary back ordered parts in stock so they can build the Premiums and then these Anniversary editions. Hope I'm right about that, because that is speculation as well until Stern shares their plans with us. Lastly, doesn't a pre-order deposit lock in the price? If not, I feel like I'm in that Seinfeld episode where the Car Rental staff told him they had his reservation, they just didn't have a car to go with that reservation. Duh

satire at its finest!

It appears like this addition 40LE run is pushing the Premiums even further out. There has to be some time difference in order to have this game make sense. I admit, I really like the look of this fancy version... but if I can get the Premium a few weeks later *and save $20k* the fancy version really doesn't make much sense.

You could get Fancy EHOH or you can get the Premium EHOH + a NIB LE + a NIB Pro and still have money left over for a topper. Wild stuff.

#148 2 years ago

You gotta think that a JP SLE is on the horizon.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

You gotta think that a JP SLE is on the horizon.

30th anniversary edition in two years. Autographed by Wayne Knight. Fossilized Dinosaur poop powder coat.

#150 2 years ago

I've decided that even though I really want this one, its too expensive. So instead, I will wait until its offered on the secondary market, then decide I absolutely must have it, and pay even more.

Let the cycle of misery being in 3... 2... 1....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
18,500 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/3?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.