C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg

There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I wonder if this means ACDC Luci, Star Wars Comic Prem, BM66 Catwoman are a thing of the past? Why make 200 more games priced at $8k when you can make 200 more priced at $25k?

As an owner of ACDC Luci and Star Wars Comic Prem, I ask you to please erase this line. Do not give Stern any ideas.

#52 2 years ago

While Elvira is obviously a thing of beauty. At this stage this is a Collectors prize. Personally not a fan of the game code for this. It felt like chopping wood and lacked the fun factor. Just wish code was a bit more accessible. I got to Wizard mode once and was physically tired it took forever and alot of focus.

#53 2 years ago

For what little it is worth, the Stern site also shows an order window for the "standard" game. At least that's my assumption because this is included on the site : "MSRP $8,499 (Insider Connected Equipped $8,799)"

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

While Elvira is obviously a thing of beauty. At this stage this is a Collectors prize. Personally not a fan of the game code for this. It felt like chopping wood and lacked the fun factor. Just wish code was a bit more accessible. I got to Wizard mode once and was physically tired it took forever and alot of focus.

EHoH is the furthest thing from a "chopping wood" game that I can think of. If you are looking for a simpler ruleset with an Elvira theme, just revert to Scared Stiff or EATPM.

#55 2 years ago

I'm a little surprised people are ok with Stern introducing additional limited models after they sold the Signature and Limited Editions. I understand its a different edition, but this seems douchy to me.

What is next, take the sold out limited edition topper and paint one of the gargoyles purple and make another 199 of them?

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Just heard from two distros...25k and 28,999. FU Stern!

Jeff Bezos just ordered two.

#57 2 years ago

Gary pulled a Jack move on this one.....

cash cow2.gifcash cow2.gif
#58 2 years ago

and sold out in 20 seconds... 50k by christmas coming to a marketplace near you

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:Jeff Bezos just ordered two.

I think Bezos along with the other super wealthy are too busy trying to figure out how to get off the planet. (They know something we dont).

#60 2 years ago

Nothing LE is really limited. Look at JP Home edition using the LE artwork.

Rob

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm a little surprised people are ok with Stern introducing additional limited models after they sold the Signature and Limited Editions. I understand its a different edition, but this seems douchy to me.
What is next, take the sold out limited edition topper and paint one of the gargoyles purple and make another 199 of them?

LEs have always been “fake collectibles”. Only buy it if you love the theme/art package/extras that are offered. Don’t pretend it’s some kind of meaningful holy grail that you’re going to retire off of.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Nothing LE is sacred anymore. Look at JP Home edition using the LE artwork.
Rob

Wow. You are right. Total rip-off of the LE art. Good catch.

#63 2 years ago

I guess I will stick to my plan of buying a Premium from the next run. I will mod it up a bit and play the crap out of it!

#64 2 years ago

The different art package and armor is pretty cool. The other autographed items and incentives could be picked up separately without a paying a premium though. Casandra still does shows where you can bring items for her to personalize and sign.

#65 2 years ago

Just unboxxed mine looks Siiiiiiick!!!!

6227CB0E-69FE-4291-852B-464611C63143 (resized).jpeg6227CB0E-69FE-4291-852B-464611C63143 (resized).jpeg87A04415-E223-4549-BDCA-8D97BAAA194A (resized).jpeg87A04415-E223-4549-BDCA-8D97BAAA194A (resized).jpeg
#66 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to the Cary Hardy "fake Stern employee" youtube video on this topic...

#67 2 years ago

Is it a mirrored backglass?

Rob

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is it a mirrored backglass?
Rob

Yes

#69 2 years ago

is the price really $20K to is that speculation?

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

is the price really $20K to is that speculation?

Sounds like it depends on how many people call. If we all call it is $30K. If we don't call it is less. Beatles Diamond.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sounds like it depends on how many people call. If we all call it is $30K. If we don't call it is less. Beatles Diamond.

Automated Services in Connecticut told me North of 25k. Crazy!

#72 2 years ago

I’ve heard anywhere from $17.5k to $29k.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that mirrored tape that Stern used on the #40 on the back glass

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice mod, how much?
In the Zombie apocalypse, will black Pumas be worth their weight in gold? Some people hoard TP, chocolate, canned goods… no no no black Pumas people.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wow whoever got quoted $17.5 K must’ve been on their distributors platinum list!

#76 2 years ago

I have a Premium on order, and am very interested in this... but not at $15K more than the Premium I have on order.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Nice mod, how much?
In the Zombie apocalypse, will black Pumas be worth their weight in gold? Some people hoard TP, chocolate, canned goods… no no no black Pumas people.

I wondered how long until someone talked about the shoes….Better to run with

#78 2 years ago

199 people's reaction today (resized).jpg199 people's reaction today (resized).jpg

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LEs have always been “fake collectibles”. Only buy it if you love the theme/art package/extras that are offered. Don’t pretend it’s some kind of meaningful holy grail that you’re going to retire off of.

Totally disagree. These pinball companies can charge and should charge whatever they want to see how dumb pinball owners are. That's fine. Going back though and releasing another special edition after making it clear that the SE was the ultimate edition is a jerk move. Same thing when JJP did it and add American Pinball to the list - upping their limited edition to 500 (although that's another clear sign people are just looking to spend any amount of money on any pinball machine that is NIB right now).

Not a fan of this move at all.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Totally disagree. These pinball companies can charge and should charge whatever they want to see how dumb pinball owners are. That's fine. Going back though and releasing another special edition after making it clear that the SE was the ultimate edition is a jerk move. Same thing when JJP did it and add American Pinball to the list - upping their limited edition to 500 (although that's another clear sign people are just looking to spend any amount of money on any pinball machine that is NIB right now).

It is what it is. All part of the high stakes game of buying LE/CE editions -- if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. I like how people complain about the move by citing all the previous examples of it happening. Er, you should have seen it coming.

Someday Stern will pay for this short sighted business practice . . . some day. Apparently not today though as these all sold out.

#81 2 years ago

Can you get it without the Gary Stern signature?

#82 2 years ago

I still holding out for the 41st Anniversary Edition. so I can properly look down on all you peasants buying the 40th edition.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does Elvira sign stuff like this as Elvira, or Cassandra? Or both?
Sharp looking game!

The book is signed as Cassandra. The COA and trading card are signed as Elvira.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m not saying this is a good thing. I’m just kinda unfazed by it. I think a few years ago, a “remake” of an LE would have caused torches & pichforks & people would swear they’d never buy another Stern again. Today? Too many people just want games, want them now, and will spend a lot to get them. I’m sure there’s more of this to come.

#85 2 years ago

This is becoming a rich person’s hobby. The Uber wealthiest are driving up the price of these pins to a point that the average joe like myself can no longer afford to stay in the LE market anymore

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

This is becoming a rich person’s hobby. The Uber wealthiest are driving up the price of these pins to a point that the average joe like myself can no longer afford to stay in the LE market anymore

The "average joe" shouldn't be in the market for LEs. That's kind of the whole point.

What's wrong with a pro? Or a $900 EM?

This hobby generally seems lacking in perspective.

#87 2 years ago

I don't think an average Joe could afford a Pro let alone an LE. Average Joe can probably swing a sub-$1k used EM game, MAYBE.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't think an average Joe could afford a Pro let alone an LE. Average Joe can probably swing a sub-$1k used EM game, MAYBE.

Average Joe needs to get a new hobby. Everybody I know in pinball wealthy!

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Average Joe needs to get a new hobby. Everybody I know in pinball wealthy!

Hey, I'm an Abnormal Joe, and even I have limits.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

This is becoming a rich person’s hobby.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody I know in pinball wealthy!

I’m just curious what y’all consider “wealthy”

1-2m
2-5m
5-10m
10+
?

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I’m just curious what y’all consider “wealthy”
1-2m
2-5m
5-10m
10+
?

My pillow guy is wealthy.

Everybody else just scrubs and a general drain on society.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My pillow guy is wealthy

144E8206-647B-4A70-B964-52CAD7254EF3 (resized).png144E8206-647B-4A70-B964-52CAD7254EF3 (resized).png
#93 2 years ago

To paraphrase Chris Rock: Shaq is rich, the man who signs his checks is wealthy

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

This is becoming a rich person’s hobby.

It always was. Most people are living paycheck to paycheck and never bought at new pins when they were $3500.

Quoted from bmegar:

the average joe like myself can no longer afford to stay in the LE market anymore

If you ever could afford an LE, you weren’t an average joe…and you can buy a Premium - it’s literally the same exact game. Enjoy.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

$25K

#96 2 years ago

Was quoted 25k…I’d pay a premium for this, but not 25…7 or 8k too high. I’d happily just take a premium and topper at retail instead.

#98 2 years ago

You can go to Elvira's website and get an autograph for $45 or the signed book for $75. Rich but not stupid.. I try to keep things in perspective that's all.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Lyman is gone and the game seems finished. Just saying, nothing special came out of Catwoman Batman 66

The game seems finished? Maybe I was just playing an outdated build but does the 3rd garage multiball even have its own rules yet? does the wild market value target do anything? Is phone a friend a thon multiball in the game?

#100 2 years ago

Clark Griswald : Yeah, well, I'm from out of town. So, what's the bill? Come on, come on, how much?

Stern : How much you got?

Clark Griswald : No, I'm asking how much the Pinball is.

Stern : And I'm asking how much you got!

Clark Griswald : You're out of your mind. Look, I don't have time to play around, OK? So how much is it?

Stern : [waving a shooter rod] All of it, boy!

Clark Griswald : What does your sheriff think of your business practices?

[Stern laughs and shows Clark his sheriff's badge]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
18,500 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/2?hl=bmegar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.