C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.
#851 2 years ago

For those of you who were wondering if Stern had managed to find 200 Elvira dagger replicas on eBay, lol, or have been thinking about finding one of your own and gluing the hilt to a shooter rod, here's a side-by-side comparison for you. Stern's plastic dagger is nearly double the size of Tweeter Head's cold-cast porcelain dagger.

Elvira Dagger ComparisonElvira Dagger Comparison

#852 2 years ago

Thank you for the update on that!

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

For those of you who were wondering if Stern had managed to find 200 Elvira dagger replicas on eBay, lol, or have been thinking about finding one of your own and gluing the hilt to a shooter rod, here's a side-by-side comparison for you. Stern's plastic dagger is nearly double the size of Tweeter Head's cold-cast porcelain dagger.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting. The TweeterHead one looks like it would make a nice shooter too if one was brave enough to tear one up. It would be an expensive attempt for sure.

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Where do u buy pinjak ?

My Pinjack 2.0

20220210_162737 (resized).jpg20220210_162737 (resized).jpg
#855 2 years ago

Are these games handbuilt? I played one last weekend and it feels like it was. Smooth as butter, very solid and if I had whatever they cost now, I'd buy one. I hope the don't do this to MET. Lol my 199 LE would be pissed!

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are these games handbuilt?

Every pin is hand built. Nothing really to automate.

#857 2 years ago

Did ur guys machines come with two set of keys or three ? I have two sets the keys match the back box number but it doesn’t work

#858 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Every pin is hand built. Nothing really to automate.

Yea, your right. Dunno, this pin was just smooth and felt really solid. I'm not even saying that as, "Solid for a Stern" I've played a LE EHOH and this game was far more solid and smooth. Anyway, glad I was able to play, thanks to whoever donated at the SPF in AZ the past week

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, your right. Dunno, this pin was just smooth and felt really solid. I'm not even saying that as, "Solid for a Stern" I've played a LE EHOH and this game was far more solid and smooth. Anyway, glad I was able to play, thanks to whoever donated at the SPF in AZ the past week

I've never owned another version, but played on location a few times....can't compare routed to home, but this one really does play great...( guess that's not exactly an answer...)

#860 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've never owned another version, but played on location a few times....can't compare routed to home, but this one really does play great...( guess that's not exactly an answer...)

As I was typing, I was like umm routed, vs collect. But I soldiered on, this experience was just so nice... Maybe the expectation lived up to the hype? Great option if you can get it!

#861 2 years ago

Just got all my mods and topper transferred over from my LE.

It’s def smooth as butter. Reminds me of SM in that respect.

Not sure what it is but it does feel a bit different. Could be because i hadn’t played as much on the awesome updated code on the LE?

I love this game. It’s just amazing what Lyman did with all of his games. Truly incredible.

If it makes sense I love my JP and Godzilla but the code plays more like a video game i some respects? I don’t know. Still great too

#862 2 years ago

I wonder if game seems better because maybe Stern fixed the VUK and the ramp opto paths?

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If it makes sense I love my JP and Godzilla but the code plays more like a video game i some respects? I don’t know. Still great too

Makes absolute sense me...I compare it to AIQLE and get the exact same vibe. This game just has a solid, smooth " old school" feeling, amazing fun features and deep code by the master. I enjoy AIQLE too, but so different...

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I wonder if game seems better because maybe Stern fixed the VUK and the ramp opto paths?

Hmmm. My vuk worked well on the LE. Had to increase eject power on 40th

The Ramps do seem to have a little different feel? The Gargoyle targets are more solid

The lighting against the purple feels diff. Weird I don’t know. I’ll have to get em both going and see

I’m missing my AIQLE Mark but I just never figured out the rules completely. Video game

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44: I’m missing my AIQLE Mark but I just never figured out the rules completely. Video game

Hehe...I'll never get all the rules, but when I need a long roller coaster kind of game that wears me out it fits the bill great!!!

#866 2 years ago

Finally got my topper installed too . man.. stern makes some cool ass shit

1782311C-9D77-4B24-B5B9-2905B99B869A (resized).jpeg1782311C-9D77-4B24-B5B9-2905B99B869A (resized).jpeg
#867 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally got my topper installed too . man.. stern makes some cool ass shit
[quoted image]

EHOH is Sterns best topper IMHO.. (Here’s mine) I drool on the box from time to time as I wait for a game to put it on, seriously though this box is freakin heavy! What’s in this topper?

CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpegCD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg
#868 2 years ago

Now the 40th come to europa..... 30.000-33.000 Euro or 26.500-29.000 USD...
Deliveries start the week

#869 2 years ago

No they already delivered 2 weeks ago to Belgium etc .I think France and the rest get them next week. Original distro Price is 23k. But distros in Germany make it 30k+ or so you can buy mine for 29k if those are the prices….

#870 2 years ago

It has landed.. and topper arrives in a couple of days. So thrilled to have this one in the collection...

elvira (resized).jpgelvira (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#871 2 years ago

Anybody report to, or hear back from, Stern re the "tragedy" of the very sparkly right armor and the much less sparkly left armor?

Obviously not a huge deal. But its like "Hedge Mulitba" on Halloween. Once you notice it, you never un-notice it.

#872 2 years ago

Finally it was my turn to received mine Elvira #146 it happened yesterday - the one and only in Norway.
I had never seen this game before neither Premium, LE and SE. However I was happily surprised that the purple color was much nicer than what I have seen on youtube also the glitter sparkle on my game was even on both sides just perfect. But sad to hear about issues other have with their gams with regard to the amount of glitter.
I have of corse already added some of the standard mods.

I have just recently purchased NIB an Iron Maiden Premium and a Godzilla LE which both had a Game Manual included in the package - But I notice this was missing in my Elvira 40 is this correct?
So I wonder if you guys received a game manual with your game or not?

Added over 2 years ago:

Sorry I was blind - I just found the service/game manual

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anybody report to, or hear back from, Stern re the "tragedy" of the very sparkly right armor and the much less sparkly left armor?
Obviously not a huge deal. But its like "Hedge Mulitba" on Halloween. Once you notice it, you never un-notice it.

My game is #146 Left and right armor just perfect. No difference at all.

#874 2 years ago

#16 is arrived. Also left and right armour perfect.
Now i install a playfield protector and then let`s play….

E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpegE8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#875 2 years ago

Not the sexiest signed Elvira card but funny with my head in between her two

But got a very nice cover and suitable card from Custom Pinball thanks a lot

0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpegCDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpegCDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
#876 2 years ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really cool pinball cover! Who sells those?

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Really cool pinball cover! Who sells those?

Custom Pinball located in France but he ships everywhere and the packing is very good as well.

You can find him on Pinside or look him up in messenger.

3 weeks later
#878 1 year ago

New look

Elvira 3 (resized).jpgElvira 3 (resized).jpg
#879 1 year ago

#880 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

New look
[quoted image]

From Matt at Backalleycreations.com or at Cointaker.com I have it on mine and looks amazing in person especially. Also, he has created the same glitter purple for the shooter housing and the coindoor.

#881 1 year ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a banner on the glass?

1 month later
#882 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for the 40th Elvira's House of Horrors - Casket, Gargoyle VUK, Gonk House+ [[Medisinyl Mods]], one just sold for $900.00. PM me, mine is still in the packaging, never installed.

#883 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

If anyone is looking for the 40th Elvira's House of Horrors - Casket, Gargoyle VUK, Gonk House+ [[Medisinyl Mods]], one just sold for $900.00. PM me, mine is still in the packaging, never installed.

The previous one sold for $900 + a V2 set, so closer to $1180, though despite several not accepting the high offer early on, I wouldn't rely on that sale for actual market value, but I suppose I've been surprised many times before on the second hand mods (AMH set being the craziest I'm aware of).

GLWTS.

#884 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Wow I guess I’m glad I didn’t open mine

#885 1 year ago

And to think I was going to actually install my set had I been lucky enough to get one.

#886 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Wow I guess I’m glad I didn’t open mine

And to think I was going to actually install my set had I been lucky enough to get one.

I haven't seen any concern about mods being used or not when it comes to second hand sales, and despite the limited nature of the set, many know that I stand behind my products, and I'll repair/replace any issues at no cost (original would have to be sent back for a replacement in the case of such limited mods).

#887 1 year ago

Mine will be installed, I have 20+ pins that I order every “tasteful” mod for, and I’ve got a stack of boxes that I just install in order (behind parenting and the day job to pay for all these toys). I just got the Lior T-Rex installed on my Jurassic Park a month ago (I think I’ve had it for more than a year!). Sometimes I forget what I have left so it’s like Christmas morning when I open the boxes.

Wild that people are paying so much (or maybe just “asking” so much as another poster pointed out).

#888 1 year ago

Think I prefer the look of the boney snake, see post #658, so its up for grabs.

#889 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Think I prefer the look of the boney snake, see post #658, so its up for grabs.

That snake looks awesome

1 week later
#890 1 year ago

Has anyone received any updates on "Glittergate?" I'm thinking about having a new set of armor done to correct my own problems. Who knows, I might even play around with trying to match the "paranormal purple sparkle" as shown on the original brochure.

2 weeks later
#891 1 year ago

Maybe I should be asking this in the general owners thread but thought I’d start here first. Under what scenario on the start of a Haunt, should the ball roll back down the entrance of the house (while the haunt media is starting/playing)? It is still putting the ball into the pops on some of them but always the first one it seems to roll right back down where it came in. I don’t recall that but I’ve had some diverter issues in the past so I just want to understand what mode should do want in terms of releasing the ball after a haunt start.

Also anybody have the issue of the ramp hanging in the open position on one of the gargoyles?

#892 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Maybe I should be asking this in the general owners thread but thought I’d start here first. Under what scenario on the start of a Haunt, should the ball roll back down the entrance of the house (while the haunt media is starting/playing)? It is still putting the ball into the pops on some of them but always the first one it seems to roll right back down where it came in. I don’t recall that but I’ve had some diverter issues in the past so I just want to understand what mode should do want in terms of releasing the ball after a haunt start.
Also anybody have the issue of the ramp hanging in the open position on one of the gargoyles?

Try turning down your flipper power a bit.

Rob

#893 1 year ago

What can one of these NIB be had for these days and to those who actually own one, it is worth it?

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Try turning down your flipper power a bit.
Rob

I tested with the top of the house of rolling it by hand and it worked fine. So I think that’s it, just hitting too hard. I’ll try!

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

What can one of these NIB be had for these days and to those who actually own one, it is worth it?

I had an elvira premium before this came out. My family loved the theme so much, and knew it would never be leaving the house so we upgraded to this one and got a really great trade in on my premium.

Was it worth it? Ehhh. Maybe. I still think so. It is drop dead gorgeous. The decal is really something special, but it is the exact same game as the premium. The premium is just less pretty.

Id say if you absolutely love the theme, are going to appreciate looking at the machine all the time, have the cash, are not going to miss the cash then go for it!

But if its not going to be on display and appreciated, and you think you might start wondering why you paid more than twice as much as a premium, than just go for the premium. Thats my point of view.

Looks like a few can be had for just under 24K at the moment. I posted some pictures early on in the thread when I un boxed it.

3 weeks later
#896 1 year ago

Just got my 40th. Keep getting a ball stuck every time when I shoot the left house shot (just left of the center ramp). Every time the gets hung up by the wire gate. If I throw another ball up there the first one can make it through but the second one will get hung up. Guessing I’ll need to take off the ramp to investigate more but curious if others have seen this issue. Also second issue is the gargoyle vuk is very random on eject power. Sometimes it hits the targets and other times it comes out weak and goes straight to the outlane. Thanks for any thoughts.

C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpegC931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg

#897 1 year ago

I contacted Stern about the top of my house being off just a tad, and they were kind of put off by the question. Basically they were giving me the impression that because its a haunted house, thats the way its supposed to be and leave it alone!
guess I will then.. haha.

#898 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I contacted Stern about the top of my house being off just a tad, and they were kind of put off by the question. Basically they were giving me the impression that because its a haunted house, thats the way its supposed to be and leave it alone!

I have a post a little ways back that outlines how to fix it

#899 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It's the sub contractors fault, they were drunk when they put down the shingles.

Rob

3 weeks later
#900 1 year ago

So everyone here just can't wait to lose $13k more on a machine just to get a autograph from "Elvira", and Gary stern. Oh better paint job, custom shooting knob, serialized metal plaque. So the knob is about what, 4 grand? Is it made from Rubies? Yeah that's worth it, lol. If you are ready to buy this, please donate to a food bank instead and do some good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/18?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.