C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 2 years ago

Bam....perfect!! Props for the fix!!

20220117_212853 (resized).jpg20220117_212853 (resized).jpg

#752 2 years ago

Nice! Glad it's a repeatible fix!

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Nice! Glad it's a repeatible fix!

Copied a couple of these posts in main owners thread....thx again..(can't help w your VUK issue, mine's working pretty solid)....great game!!

#754 2 years ago

Add me to the left side vs right side club. Will be contacting my distributor tomorrow as well.

008974FB-5FC2-46E8-8120-54C0B1A58E6A.jpeg008974FB-5FC2-46E8-8120-54C0B1A58E6A.jpeg21D4359E-EB79-459F-BAE8-67EA5AF370FA.jpeg21D4359E-EB79-459F-BAE8-67EA5AF370FA.jpeg51D81631-F956-4FC8-8210-E5CCE1200847.jpeg51D81631-F956-4FC8-8210-E5CCE1200847.jpeg
#755 2 years ago

Wow. Glittergate is bizarre.

#756 2 years ago

Huh, mine has a glitter imbalance as well.

#757 2 years ago

I just went back and watched the TNT video, it looks like that game has the same issue. Very strange that one side got powder coated like that, I would guess that Stern will make it right.

#758 2 years ago

I think it would just be easy to make new left rails for us and send the old one back? How are the rails put on just those bolts outside the cabinet? Thats pretty easy.

Kind of surprised they sent the machines out like that though.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

amazon.com link »
Do it yourself….

For 24k? Hello no !

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. Glittergate is bizarre.

Easy fix. The glitter has simply settled into the lock down bar and to the right since game is not perfectly level.

Just pick up the machine and turn it upside down and back and forth vigoursly, and the glitter will be equally distributed. You might need to do this at the start of each game.

shake-shaking.gifshake-shaking.gif
#762 2 years ago

Report back on what you guys hear from your distros. Still trying to decide if I want to bitch about it or not. Figure Stern will probably tell us to get lost anyway.

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Report back on what you guys hear from your distros. Still trying to decide if I want to bitch about it or not. Figure Stern will probably tell us to get lost anyway.

I would complain I had one like that. They might not do anything about it. But if no one complains than they definitely won't do anything about it.

#764 2 years ago

The glitter is an extremely limited and precious commodity.

glitterBOMB.gifglitterBOMB.gif

#765 2 years ago

Count me in on sparkle gate. Left rail very plain. Powder looks great otherwise.

#766 2 years ago

Stern will do something about it if they get a lot of complaints, definitely won't if nobody complains. The more the merrier!

#767 2 years ago

Did you guys go through distributor or stern ? I went through stern directly, they asked for photos. Please send them your photos !

#768 2 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

In case anyone was still unsure why these games cost so much.. The glitter is an extremely limited and precious commodity.
[quoted image]

HAHA....Glitter Gate, I love it. You can't make this shit up

#769 2 years ago

I thought the glitter looked bad period. Zero glitter would be preferred

#770 2 years ago

I can report that mine has a ton of chunky metallic flake in the legs, hinges, and lock down bar. Almost none on the side rails.

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Zero glitter would be preferred

Except that we probably paid $5K for our "paranormal purple sparkle" armor.

Less would be more, though. My hinges have way too much sparkle. As does my right-side armor. Legs look great. Definitely no quality control happening. It's like a different person was handling the metal flake for each piece.

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Mine has a glitter imbalance as well.

I predict Stern's response to this glitter problem will be to NOT use glitter on future games.
Problem: Artwork lifting around posts? Answer: Remove artwork from post areas.
Problem: Glitter spread unevenly on armor? Answer: Omit glitter from armor.

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I thought the glitter looked bad period. Zero glitter would be preferred

I like the glitter, but having it more uniform would be nice

#774 2 years ago

Looks like a kindygartner glittered those things.
Reminds me of the road re-paving project in our community last summer. The fresh road looked like a kindygartner ran the paint striping truck. The lines are a hot swervy mess. Can't find good help these days I tell you.

#775 2 years ago

Having paid to get a lot of games powder-coated locally, getting the glitter/speckle correct is a really easy thing. Local car-shop guy always gets it right.

I think you all are well within your rights to be super-irritated, and to insist on a new piece of left cabinet armor.

Esp since the armor is a very different darker shade from the flyer.

#778 2 years ago

I'd go for that if I didn't already have the 40th. I will say, though, that I actually prefer the purple decals and armor. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it, but upon seeing it in person, I love it. Well, except for the bad job on the sparkle.

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I think you all are well within your rights to be super-irritated, and to insist on a new piece of left cabinet armor.

Odd, isn't it, that we all seem to have the exact same problem? I have no idea how they were painting these pieces, but it's almost like someone had them lined up in a row, right side armor, lockdown bar, and left side armor, and the guy was loaded for bear when he hit the first piece, the right side armor, and he ran out of ammunition when he made it to the last piece, the left side armor.

Quoted from Dan1733:

Esp since the armor is a very different darker shade from the flyer.

LOL, yeah, not even close! The armor on the flyer looks like it more closely matches what they used for the backbox t-molding and speaker rings. I'm not sure which shade of purple would have looked better in the end, perhaps what we got looks best, but it's definitely not what was advertised.

#780 2 years ago

Maybe a poll of serial numbers and which ones show the issue.
#148 here: left rail has noticeably less sparkle than the right rail.

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:here ya go
[quoted image]

My left side looks pretty weak on the glitter. I'll check the right side tonight. This might be the 1st time I've ever typed the word glitter in my life.

#782 2 years ago

My right side is weak and like glitter soaked in so more purple than silver. Opened a ticket. Here is the new eye rod. Much better.

156F0AFA-9AA7-4B3E-8FC7-96BFC0D76E40 (resized).jpeg156F0AFA-9AA7-4B3E-8FC7-96BFC0D76E40 (resized).jpeg
#783 2 years ago

Ticket for glitter logged with stern today, got a reply saying it has been forwarded to quality assurance team.

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

HAHA....Glitter Gate, I love it. You can't make this shit up

I had a glitter gate incident once with my wife but it didn’t involve pinball.

#785 2 years ago

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Maybe a poll of serial numbers and which ones show the issue.
#148 here: left rail has noticeably less sparkle than the right rail.

#131 here....compared to my BM66LE which has a similar flake w black base.....

Mines pretty evenly coated...sides identical, lock down bar possibly a bit more flake, but more surface area so blends well. Legs all match..maybe closest to lock down bar in density, but still blend fine. Back box hinges maybe a bit more than the lockdown.

All in all, mine ( luckily it sounds) came through fine

#787 2 years ago

I can just hear Ritchie taunting Stern...GLITTER BETTER!!!

giphy (6).gifgiphy (6).gif
#788 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
My first post on Pinside. And what a post! My EHOH 40th was delivered and set up today. I thought I'd share my unboxing pics.

I'm the owner of #142. My machine is dated December 29, 2021.
IMG_6679 (resized).pngIMG_6679 (resized).png
IMG_6676 (resized).pngIMG_6676 (resized).png
IMG_6687 (resized).pngIMG_6687 (resized).png

IMG_6666 (resized).pngIMG_6666 (resized).png

IMG_6667 (resized).pngIMG_6667 (resized).png

IMG_6668 (resized).pngIMG_6668 (resized).png

IMG_6669 (resized).pngIMG_6669 (resized).png

IMG_6674 (resized).pngIMG_6674 (resized).png

IMG_6682 (resized).pngIMG_6682 (resized).png

IMG_6684 (resized).pngIMG_6684 (resized).png

IMG_6685 (resized).pngIMG_6685 (resized).png

IMG_6686 (resized).pngIMG_6686 (resized).png

IMG_6688 (resized).pngIMG_6688 (resized).png

I've been lurking the thread trying to keep up with the various issues other people have been having.

I made sure to check out these two bolts on the diverter near the back door, only to find that mine are Phillips head screws. I'll be keeping an eye on them after a handful of plays.
IMG_6694 (resized).pngIMG_6694 (resized).png

My turret was also ever so slightly misaligned after a couple plays, so I took it off to investigate. Here's the extra black plastic part left over from manufacturing that another user mentioned. I haven't adjusted it yet, but I will once I get around to feeling a bit more comfortable tinkering with my machine.
IMG_6691 (resized).pngIMG_6691 (resized).png

Also, here's my contribution to GlitterGate. Personally I don't see a meaningful difference between my left and right bars. If anything, neither of them are as glittery as I'd hoped. I don't find this particularly bothersome but I'm happy to file a complaint with Stern anyway if we're trying to band together.
IMG_6697 (resized).pngIMG_6697 (resized).png
IMG_6698 (resized).pngIMG_6698 (resized).png

Here's my trading card. Very happy with it. I definitely feel like I got one of the more risqué ones.
IMG_6689 (resized).pngIMG_6689 (resized).png

I was also curious about where the book would be, and it turns out it was just inside the box somewhere - the setup crew just handed it to me mid setup halfway through the process. I'm an enormous Elvira fan and already finished reading my other signed copy, but as another user mentioned this one is signed Elvira and the one I got from a book seller was signed Cassandra Peterson. That's cool and unique enough for me to be very happy owning both.
IMG_6695 (resized).pngIMG_6695 (resized).png

Some comments from the distributor (who was half of the 2 player crew that delivered and set up my machine) were that he set up plenty of Stern machines in the past year and this one was the nicest by far - after setting it up he said he understood the price tag. He was excited to see it set up since the only other one he was given had to be shipped out. He also said that he had never seen the protective plastic covers on on the artwork like that before. This is my first machine, so his comments have me wondering if I'm gonna be spoiled forever now.

Anyway I'm absolutely in love. My older brother has 3 machines that he's had ever since I was a kid (Hot Tip, Joker Poker, and Gottlieb Monte Carlo), so I'm thrilled to finally start catching up to him.

#789 2 years ago

Nothing more exciting than setting up a NIB game!

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from amaj:

Hi everyone,
My first post on Pinside. And what a post! My EHOH 40th was delivered and set up today. I thought I'd share my unboxing pics.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I've been lurking the thread trying to keep up with the various issues other people have been having.
I made sure to check out these two bolts on the diverter near the back door, only to find that mine are Phillips head screws. I'll be keeping an eye on them after a handful of plays.
[quoted image]
My turret was also ever so slightly misaligned after a couple plays, so I took it off to investigate. Here's the extra black plastic part left over from manufacturing that another user mentioned. I haven't adjusted it yet, but I will once I get around to feeling a bit more comfortable tinkering with my machine.
[quoted image]
Also, here's my contribution to GlitterGate. Personally I don't see a meaningful difference between my left and right bars. If anything, neither of them are as glittery as I'd hoped. I don't find this particularly bothersome but I'm happy to file a complaint with Stern anyway if we're trying to band together.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Here's my trading card. Very happy with it. I definitely feel like I got one of the more risqué ones.
[quoted image]
I was also curious about where the book would be, and it turns out it was just inside the box somewhere - the setup crew just handed it to me mid setup halfway through the process. I'm an enormous Elvira fan and already finished reading my other signed copy, but as another user mentioned this one is signed Elvira and the one I got from a book seller was signed Cassandra Peterson. That's cool and unique enough for me to be very happy owning both.
[quoted image]
Some comments from the distributor (who was half of the 2 player crew that delivered and set up my machine) were that he set up plenty of Stern machines in the past year and this one was the nicest by far - after setting it up he said he understood the price tag. He was excited to see it set up since the only other one he was given had to be shipped out. He also said that he had never seen the protective plastic covers on on the artwork like that before. This is my first machine, so his comments have me wondering if I'm gonna be spoiled forever now.
Anyway I'm absolutely in love. My older brother has 3 machines that he's had ever since I was a kid (Hot Tip, Joker Poker, and Gottlieb Monte Carlo), so I'm thrilled to finally start catching up to him.

Congrats brother, it is truly exciting to crack open any game much less this one.

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from amaj:

Hi everyone,
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice apron card!

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from amaj:

Hi everyone,
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congrats!!! Great first post and what a game to start with!!! Awesome card as well....

#793 2 years ago

Agreed, great card and great uniformity on the side rail sparkle!

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from amaj:

Hi everyone,
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looking sharp! For a first game, you choose wisely. EHOH is such a fun game!

#795 2 years ago

They shoulda made these fuckers $50k, sky's the limit

#796 2 years ago

Yeah cut black plastic off my house and fixed the alignment issue. Go for it.

#797 2 years ago

Im so glad I didnt miss this opportunity to get this Elivra machine. I absolutely love it. I have only played it a few times so far, but its fun, it looks great, and its a great addition to my collection.
Thanks Stern!

#798 2 years ago

I do not think that you personally should contribute to a "Class Action" effort on this glitter. Gorgeous machine!

#799 2 years ago

Glittergate….. the word of the year in 2022

#800 2 years ago

Purple blood turned out great.

6BFC34A1-C0DF-4447-9388-4197CE2D19A9 (resized).jpeg6BFC34A1-C0DF-4447-9388-4197CE2D19A9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

18,500 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/16?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.