C931D529-CE18-4C15-AE74-1949A5FBEA79 (resized).jpeg
Elvira 3 (resized).jpg
CDF66674-1DDE-460C-A507-5BE5B788AFE4 (resized).jpeg
4577617E-C278-4EDB-8FBA-71460C0D15A2 (resized).jpeg
0FBF16E5-073E-4F62-9444-C0CA93440874 (resized).jpeg
E8369BE1-34AC-45CB-856F-B20B30A23A75 (resized).jpeg
elvira (resized).jpg
CD3726C7-9FE2-4F3F-BD6B-701520A2B9B0 (resized).jpeg
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Was just asked to pay the balance on mine. Hoping that means these are imminent!

If I'm not mistaken this will be your 3rd EHOH (I have your first one). That really says something about how great a game it is when you're making your third pass at her.

Congrats on the 40th edition.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Heard they are arriving this week to Distros.

Sweet!!

#503 2 years ago

Stern said 40th should be done in two days if everything goes as planned.

#504 2 years ago

Does anyone have any news on shipments? I talked to my distro today, and they said being built and hope for next week's delivery.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Does anyone have any news on shipments? I talked to my distro today, and they said being built and hope for next week's delivery.

Still being built. Stern is holding mine til 30th bf shipping so I will be around when it comes so guessing most will ship early next week.

#506 2 years ago

they have ceased all production of the premiums, is that correct? so this is the last shot for someone to get a NIB?

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

they have ceased all production of the premiums, is that correct? so this is the last shot for someone to get a NIB?

I think so……

#508 2 years ago

Is there any any official reference about this?

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Probably. Used prices have gone way up. I heard 2023 but prob have to renew the license so who knows.

#510 2 years ago

i bought a modded regular LE a year ago for 13,500. I felt like I was overpaying at the time. Guess I'm glad I bought it now. Crazy prices.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Is there any any official reference about this?

No. But the Premium run is now apparently December 2022. Some have gotten private emails from Stern indicating that they will be run in 22 but after the December date surfaced from a number of distributors I’m skeptical. It would really suck if people who placed orders before last call end up with no games after waiting so long.

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. But the Premium run is now apparently December 2022. Some have gotten private emails from Stern indicating that they will be run in 22 but after the December date surfaced from a number of distributors I’m skeptical. It would really suck if people who placed orders before last call end up with no games after waiting so long.

What's going to piss me off is if they sit on that money for another 10-11 months and THEN tell us, in November, that they aren't making any more. I'm already irritated enough that I've been waiting for 7 months with no word. December of 2022 is not a date. That's a place holder. It's the same thing they do when a video game is due to come out but they don't have a definitive date for it yet, so they put December 31st at the end of the expected year as the release date until they come up with a plan.

#513 2 years ago

My dealer just called me to tell me that the Deadpool I ordered will not be be here because Stern is backed up on the license for Batman66 Elvira 40th and stranger things. they must all be made and shipped before the end of month because the license expires Dec 31 2021.

#514 2 years ago

J

#515 2 years ago

h

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

My dealer just called me to tell me that the Deadpool I ordered will not be be here because Stern is backed up on the license for Batman66 Elvira 40th and stranger things. they must all be made and shipped before the end of month because the license expires Dec 31 2021.

That doesn’t bode well for Elvira Premium orders.

#517 2 years ago

ya I know, I said this would happen and I was called troll and a few other names. lots of nasty people on this site that don't like truth.

#518 2 years ago

I would think they would pause the license and reinstate it when it's time to do another run. Why would you pay for something that you do not have enough time to make? Stern has proved they can make any of their older titles at any time. If they have orders why would they not pay to make more games at a later date?

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

ya I know, I said this would happen and I was called troll and a few other names. lots of nasty people on this site that don't like truth.

Quoted from Mark1971:

hey is your buddy "who is most defiantly in the know" still going to get you a game when the license is done at the end of the month? asking for a friend

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was told 2 weeks ago from someone who is most definitely in the know that Elvira Premium will be run in 2022... I wasnt told when in 2022 so for all those waiting on their games hang in there.

Oh please you were just taunting me a few hours ago for no reason by posting the “troll post” above. You quoted an old post of me saying that I had heard from a source Elvira would be run again in 2022 (which I still stand by).

The post above from you was totally out of the blue, I’m not sure why you felt the need to take a swipe at me? What’s funny is you then proceeded to delete it 30 minutes after posting it. I am guessing you deleted it because you knew it was a troll post, so don’t go playing the victim here.

AD330130-2692-4410-B31C-0DD8E7F407DC (resized).jpegAD330130-2692-4410-B31C-0DD8E7F407DC (resized).jpeg

#520 2 years ago

If they take orders and build them during their license period, can they be sold and shipped after it expires or do they have to be out of their factory before the license end date?

#521 2 years ago

I received notice that my Elvira 40th should be shipping out tomorrow.

#522 2 years ago

Anyone considering re-creating the dagger shooter rod ??

Looks amazing !!

#523 2 years ago

that piece of couch better have elvira's DNA FOR THAT PRICE

#524 2 years ago

that's the old price now $24,900 priced like a 40th but 4 times rarer! only 50 made https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123473

#525 2 years ago

She has landed

66257347010__BBA223E6-2BB2-4A47-8080-EB74DCCD0074 (resized).jpeg66257347010__BBA223E6-2BB2-4A47-8080-EB74DCCD0074 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#526 2 years ago

Congrats!

I presume that was not installed already?

#527 2 years ago

She has landed
[quoted image]

Nice !

Can you post a pic of the apron to show where they put the IC scanner and hownthe apron art looks.

#528 2 years ago

here ya go

66257626746__0CF2D020-4EF6-402D-8F82-57CA4D76F115 (resized).jpeg66257626746__0CF2D020-4EF6-402D-8F82-57CA4D76F115 (resized).jpeg
#529 2 years ago

She has landed
[quoted image]

Did the shooter come inside the box or separately? Thanks!

#530 2 years ago

Oof looks like they switched sides on you...

Quoted from docquest:

Nice !
Can you post a pic of the apron to show where they put the IC scanner and hownthe apron art looks.

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

It came in the box with a standard rod as well.

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Oof looks like they switched sides on you...

That weird that they changed sides comapered to one they had at expo. Looks like I need to make a 40th version of mymy apron movie trailer mod for the right hand side.

They still used the larger triangular cutout window so people who want to move the scanner to the coin door...

(https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount)

...can still install a dual screen version if desired.

#533 2 years ago

This game is a beauty! We received our games and have one in stock now!
https://pinballpro.net/shop/elvira-40th-anniversary-limited-edition-stern-pinball-machine/

Added over 2 years ago:

Call for price per Stern rules

#534 2 years ago

here ya go
[quoted image]

Post some more pics of that beauty!

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That weird that they changed sides comapered to one they had at expo. Looks like I need to make a 40th version of mymy apron movie trailer mod for the right hand side.
They still used the larger triangular cutout window so people who want to move the scanner to the coin door...
(https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount)

I'm planning to move the scanner to my coindoor as it looks like ass. So the LHS version is perfect for me and already on order. Hopefully it isn't random from game to game otherwise I'll need a RHS from you too!

Anyone have instruction cards or magnet, etc, they recommend? The IC instruction card looks like garbage.

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Anyone have instruction cards or magnet, etc, they recommend? The IC instruction card looks like garbage.

Agree on that. It just screams all business and no creativity. I imagine it would be too time consuming to make title specific art to surround the QR reader and title specific cards, but it would've been nice. Like Godzilla, I'm sure future titles will have specific apron art at least.

#537 2 years ago

This is such a bitter sweet thread. On one hand I love to look at this beautiful machine and am envious of those who have one. On the other it’s a bummer watching a game being built instead of the premiums. Oh well, enjoy the gorgeous game.

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Agree on that. It just screams all business and no creativity. I imagine it would be too time consuming to make title specific art to surround the QR reader and title specific cards, but it would've been nice. Like Godzilla, I'm sure future titles will have specific apron art at least.

The Batman66 apron had new art layout. The elements were the same but they moved them around. So they had time to redo that one but not Elvira I guess.

I'm perplexed why they used a portrait orientarion for the signing card vs a landscape orientation. The right side of the apron looks a bit weird with the card not quite fitting height wise and also having the big empty space of blank metal with no art next to it. A portrait orientation card would have fit there so much nicer.

Plus on the previous editions the art on the apron window inserts matched the cabinet art style. The 40th right apron window insert plastic has the same art from the premium game with red swirls in the background. I would have thought for sure they would have gone with purple cheetah pattern swirls to match the 40th cabinet art.

Looks like they just slapped together what they had available parts wise. If the rumor that they had to produce them all by the end of 2021 due to licensing issues is true, then I guess thats understanble why it was rushed. Considering this is the most expensive NIB machine ever produced by Stern you'd think they would want it get all the little details just right.

Would be cool if they decided to sell the dagger shooter rod as an accessory for owners of the previous versions. They would sell a lot of those if they did.
rps20211230_153202 (resized).jpgrps20211230_153202 (resized).jpg

#539 2 years ago

God that IC scanner looks like sh*t on an otherwise stunning looking game.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I don't think the apron is nice with this inside stuff.
Then better convert in the door.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Guessing it was too long to fit in the Stern box.

#542 2 years ago

Getting mine set up now. I have a different apron pic. Will post some good pics later tonight…

3854D7C1-14E6-471B-AEA7-D57E9911ED4B (resized).jpeg3854D7C1-14E6-471B-AEA7-D57E9911ED4B (resized).jpegB17067FE-4A03-4737-A765-4E6018D4EEE4 (resized).jpegB17067FE-4A03-4737-A765-4E6018D4EEE4 (resized).jpeg
#543 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Batman66 apron had new art layout. The elements were the same but they moved them around. So they had time to redo that one but not Elvira I guess.
I'm perplexed why they used a portrait orientarion for the signing card vs a landscape orientation. The right side of the apron looks a bit weird with the card not quite fitting height wise and also having the big empty space of blank metal with no art next to it. A portrait orientation card would have fit there so much nicer.
Plus on the previous editions the art on the apron window inserts matched the cabinet art style. The 40th right apron window insert plastic has the same art from the premium game with red swirls in the background. I would have thought for sure they would have gone with purple cheetah pattern swirls to match the 40th cabinet art.
Looks like they just slapped together what they had available parts wise. If the rumor that they had to produce them all by the end of 2021 due to licensing issues is true, then I guess thats understanble why it was rushed. Considering this is the most expensive NIB machine ever produced by Stern you'd think they would want it get all the little details just right.
Would be cool if they decided to sell the dagger shooter rod as an accessory for owners of the previous versions. They would sell a lot of those if they did.
[quoted image]

I’ve got Docs apron mod in my LE. It’s one of the best mods ever

I love this game so much I have the 40th coming too.

Gonna sell the LE, move mods over except Docs.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Getting mine set up now. I have a different apron pic. Will post some good pics later tonight…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did Elvira have some old cards laying around in a shoe box or something???

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ did the le’s and sle’s have different cards? I haven’t looked into it.

#546 2 years ago

here's my card on my SLE

DSC02291 (resized).JPGDSC02291 (resized).JPG
#547 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b0c4aa2d080a971f451d57f538f5f60a99ad26f8-1640916612-1800"};
//]]>

I doubt I will be able to afford it but I will be watching for that for sale add Ice! I have had a Premium on order forever and it looks like I’m hosed for a long while on that. I recently got Docs apron mod and if I never end up getting a game maybe I can mount it on my wife’s Sewing machine or something.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Quoted from MarklarD:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ did the le’s and sle’s have different cards? I haven’t looked into it.

The LE's didn't get get a signed card, just the 50 Signature edition games and the 199 40th anniversary games.

There were a couple Elvira trading card sets made back in her heyday that had a bunch of different images on them. So Stern probably sent a bunch over to her to sign and installed on those games.

Looking at the SLE apron pic it now makes sense why there is a big blank area on the 40th apron. That is the are that the Signature edition had some art that said "official signature card". Maybe someone can scan that graphic so the 40th owners can have something to stick in that bare spot on their aprons.

4c3a802e8adfcdb800c02a29b3a1f2fa633086c5 (resized).jpg4c3a802e8adfcdb800c02a29b3a1f2fa633086c5 (resized).jpgrps20211230_223500 (resized).jpgrps20211230_223500 (resized).jpg
#549 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm making some updated art to match the style of the 40th cabinet art. You'll be able to get it as a single screen on the right or left or a dual screen option for those who'd rather move the scanner to the coin door. Should have some example pics soon.

#550 2 years ago

Took a bunch of pics and uploaded them to a google drive if anyone wants to check them out... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_8G0W-5MebquOtIW0lgYklXcP6FVdmip?usp=sharing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

18,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 972 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/11?hl=mark1971 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.