• Latest reply 6 years ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Elvira pinball (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Scared Stiff and Party Monsters NIB for sale on Mr Pinball for 25k??
Given to Elvira herself? In storage for all those years? And she will sign them?
I could motorboat that deal!

Elvira pinball (resized).jpgElvira pinball (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Elvira Scared Stiff & Party Monsters, 1980s Bally: $24,900 FOR BOTH
1996 bally: *sale* $24,900 for both OBO both for $24,900 OBO. Cassandra Peterson (AKA Elvira) owns these new in crate games and will personally meet the new owners, take photo and sign the machines here in Los Angeles. These are the only known new in original crate, never opened Scared Stiff and Elvira And The Party monsters pinballs in the world. These games have been owned from day one by Cassandra Peterson (AKA Elvira) and have been in storage since new. This is some lucky person's only chance to have new new new Elvira classic pinball games. Do not miss this. You will be the envy of the pinball world if you purchase these games. I have lowered the price to what we believe to be fair for such a rare opportunity. All reasonable offers will be considered.
Scott
Los Angeles, California 90004
Posted: 26 February 2018

$10K for the Scared Stiff is not too bad!

#3 6 years ago

Yea - saw that. $13k of pinball value and $12k for a meet/greet/photo op.

That would be a pass

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

$10K for the Scared Stiff is not too bad!

Where do you see $10K for the SS? The last NIB SS that *I* know of sold for a LOT more than $10K!

Quoted from Damonator:

$13k of pinball value and $12k for a meet/greet/photo op.

Maybe not to you, but there's a LOT more pinball value there than $13K. These are NIB games that are 22 and 29 years old. The asking price is not far from what they should/will sell for.

And it does say OBO...

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Where do you see $10K for the SS? The last NIB SS that *I* know of sold for a LOT more than $10K!

Oh, I was just guessing as They are $12,500 each or Best Offer. I thought $10 or 11 would be in the ballpark....

#6 6 years ago

So she had two machines of each? Because she definitely had at least one set up and used. I remember when she sold that one.

And what about battery damage? Those batteries have to be leaking by now.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So she had two machines of each? Because she definitely had at least one set up and used. I remember when she sold that one.

She must had 10. Been selling em off for 15 years now.

Nobody really cares about potential battery damage. The board can be replaced for $175.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 6 years ago

Maybe not to you, but there's a LOT more pinball value there than $13K. These are NIB games that are 22 and 29 years old. The asking price is not far from what they should/will sell for.

We both know that their value is what someone is willing to pay for them of course.

The average price for a SS is about $6k and the average for an EATPM is $3k. HUO would add about $2k to either title, which is where my $13k figure came from.

Is NIB superior to one owner low play HUO? Not really as HUO games are typically climate controlled, so the chance of planking on the cabinet and playfield is much lower than NIB games stored in a garage. There’s also a chance the HUO owner may have changed the batteries which won’t be the case with NIB. Depending on humidity, NIB metal components could be rusted or oxidized too.

Buying 20+ year old games in a box is a risky endeavor.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The average price for a SS is about $6k and the average for an EATPM is $3k. HUO would add about $2k to either title

$8K for a NIB Scared Stiff??....I'll take 2 please....

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

$8K for a NIB Scared Stiff??....I'll take 2 please....

Ok, I have one that’s been stored in a pole barn. The roof leaked a few years ago and the top of the cardboard has water damage. There’s also a small hole at the bottom where a mouse has chewed and been inside.

I’m sure it’s all perfect inside though, right?

(And no, I don’t really have one - just making a point that NIB is not risk free).

Are these pins worth a lot of money, yes. Are they worth $25k, no.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Are these pins worth a lot of money, yes. Are they worth $25k, no.

Is Kingpin worth $35K? Is MG worth $22K? Is a HUO BBB worth $15K? Is B66 SLE or ACDC BIBLE worth $12K. Is a Tron LE worth $10K? To someone they were.

Oh, and Cassandra doesn't store her games in a pole barn.

#12 6 years ago

Hah! I almost bought a $10k Scared Stiff that WASEN'T NIB!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope.

#14 6 years ago

Wow, that's crazy. Any idea why that wouldn't have happened? Seems to defy common sense...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 6 years ago

Interesting timing with this listing. Perhaps Cassandra and / or Greg / Dennis decided to sell these now to start a little buzz around here (pinside community) ahead of Elvira 3...

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Interesting timing with this listing. Perhaps Cassandra and / or Greg / Dennis decided to sell these now to start a little buzz around here (pinside community) ahead of Elvira 3...

Or that royalty money isn't coming because Stern Elvira 3 is delayed or whatever with the deeproot nonsense and she needs some cash.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that's crazy. Any idea why that wouldn't have happened? Seems to defy common sense...

Is it the simple fact that ALL batteries don't leak....

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or that royalty money isn't coming because Stern Elvira 3 is delayed or whatever with the deeproot nonsense and she needs some cash.

Oh, if that deal was done...she would have been paid already....

#20 6 years ago

Is Kingpin worth $35K? Is MG worth $22K? Is a HUO BBB worth $15K? Is B66 SLE or ACDC BIBLE worth $12K. Is a Tron LE worth $10K? To someone they were.
Oh, and Cassandra doesn't store her games in a pole barn.

That’s good to hear that she doesn’t store them in a pole barn - I figured she didn’t.

Would you be able to answer if they were stored in a climate controlled area or not? That does make a difference.

And yes, all of the prices you mentioned have happened in the past. Like I said in the beginning - the value is what someone is willing to pay.

#21 6 years ago

hope nothing rusted over time, that would be real terror from the crate!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 38.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 249.00
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-pinballs-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.