4%

(130 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D448A7F3-8AEA-40F5-9A92-17356A1B78FE (resized).jpeg
8A7F1061-E657-442F-A3D5-66E1F1CB621A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2510 (resized).jpeg
CE65A826-F0E7-42E3-967A-D26A99D5C5C8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 3 years ago

I'm betting that none are available after a few days again. The few people who bailed on their orders, those toppers will be snatched up quickly. Some people like em, most on this thread hate em. That's ok. Buy what you like, decline what you dont. In the end, if you ordered from a distributor, put money down sight unseen, I think you should honor your order.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If this is a serious question - the answer is no.
If not - LOL !!

Did you buy , order and cancel or going to buy?

#36 3 years ago

Just curious as you started thread. I wont judge you !!

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have an order in that should be ready to ship next week but have not been invoiced yet. I’m the one “undecided” in the poll so far but right now more likely to keep the order than cancel it.

Me too, I informed distributor I would pick it up. I still think it will be good addition to a great game. Does look great up there, but is a little underwhelming. Good luck with your decision

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

This topper is more like the molded Chicago Gaming toppers. Yes it overpriced, but if there’s only 200, the price will be higher later. Look what Aerosmith, KISS, GB and TWD toppers are bringing.
The topper lighting is already coded in pretty well during gameplay, as well as Elvira popping up to scare/scream at you in attract mode.
[quoted image]

I think it looks great, and can't wait for mine!

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Which really doesn’t make sense since Elvira is already screaming on the translite.
If this is going to be the effect then the code needs to blackout the translite lights when the topper opens.

Great idea. Hope stern uses that!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45 3 years ago

Personally, as a business owner myself, if I or someone orders something, sight unseen, unknown price, then its theirs. Not fair or right to leave someone else holding the bag for you.

#47 3 years ago

Key words in your post are, all we had, in the dark, which means we all went in blindly. Im not knocking you, just saying in my way of doing things, your word is a contract. I told him to order, and when order was filled, I confirmed I will pay upon pickup. As far as what jjp did, makes me absolutely not wanting to support them with any purchase at this time. My opinion only tho,,

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Changed my vote from Undecided to Yes.
I had settled on getting it yesterday but thought low clearance in my game room might make the decision moot. As it turns out, the 8” high topper should just fit. Although the dealer has not yet committed a topper to me despite my early interest - if he does, I’ll buy it.
I do agree with those that say it completes the game and that factored heavily in the decision but I “justified” it only because I have the other two games in the trilogy and they will probably not leave until after I do.
Pretty sure this will be the first and last Stern topper though because my wife’s attitude took a 180 degree turn after she asked the cost. She thinks a $1k topper is insane and unnecessary and that Stern has gone too far. “You got lucky with your dreams Batman and Elvira but I think we’re done unless Toy Story is awesome. Maybe not even then.” Kind of hard to disagree.
I had started this thread to see how others were thinking. I’m not sure my tortured thought process helps anyone though. If this had come out six months ago at $400-$500 it would have been an easy no-drama decision.
Still disappointed at how Stern handled the topper. And since it seems like there aren’t going to be any special topper-activated modes it looks like my “disappointed either way” comment is going to remain true. I just hope I don’t hear “You shouldn’t have gotten that stupid topper” anytime I’m in the doghouse for the rest of my life.

Don't think you'll regret it. I have a kiss topper came on the used pro I bought. Nuthin fancy, but makes the game complete. Ehoh topper will do same. Good job on honoring your commitment!!!!!!

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, that didn’t take long. Went to look to see if Marco had any more info in the description and the page says out of stock.[quoted image]

Isn't that amazing, for a over priced Over hyped, static image rip off. Haha. Glad I got mine before prices go way up. Hope this ends this debate. But it won't

#87 3 years ago

So, new code or not?

#90 3 years ago

Topper has tons of game integration so far, scream pop up on trunk multi ball, light corresponding to gargoyles and crypt, eyes blinking to shots. Looks like its gonna be allright!

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

The scream scared me a few times last night. Not only is it screaming, but when the lid flies open, you feel the game move and it creates a fricken “wtf is happening?!” moment. Haha

Loving it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper-poll-discussion?tu=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.