(Topic ID: 272505)

Elvira HoH LE Issues

By dangerranger96

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 3 years ago

Hello!

My Elvira's House of Horrors (Limited Edition) has a couple issues I hope you all can help me with.

1. All of a sudden the house diverter is no longer..... diverting?.... When you try to register a second haunt, which usually takes 2 hits through the front door, it just falls straight in the scoop under the house. The game makes the audible that you hit the front door twice but it doesn't leave the house on the left orbit after the first hit. Has anyone had this issue? Is there something I should look for before taking the house apart?

2. My dead head crypt elevator is no longer opening all the way. This started when I somehow got 2 balls stuck in the subway. It just keeps rotating past all 3 levels and never actually stops open. The other 2 stops (the dead head and the picture of the tombstone) work like they should but they don't appear to be indexed correctly. Is there a way to adjust the sensors so they hit correctly?

Thank you all in advance!

#2 3 years ago

Had the same issue with my deadhead crypt. Its a pretty easy fix. Take the roof off. Then i believe the screw had fallen out of the linkage to rotate the heads up and down. Its a screw and a spacer. About a 10 min fix. Not too bad. Just gotta find that screw and spcer. Prob in the cabinet.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Had the same issue with my deadhead crypt. Its a pretty easy fix. Take the roof off. Then i believe the screw had fallen out of the linkage to rotate the heads up and down. Its a screw and a spacer. About a 10 min fix. Not too bad. Just gotta find that screw and spcer. Prob in the cabinet.

Thank you sir, I'll give that a look. Did that cause yours to get loose and keep cycling as well?

2 weeks later
#4 3 years ago

I have a few issues on my Premium. The first is the shooter lane. It does make it clean out of the shooter lane into the right orbit. I think the problem is the ball hits the metal shooter lane guides causing the ball to go airborne. I took some slo-mo video and you can clearly see the ball going air born in be the shooter lane.

Anyone else have this issue and know a solution?

3 years later
#5 4 months ago

Does anyone have a solution for the front door not registering the ball to light or start haunts? When I start the game it works fine. After the first haunt the ball just goes through the house to the left orbit and counts as a ‘drive me crazy’ shot. Also, during a multi ball the house won’t register the jackpot through the front door. It must be a switch issue right?

Tested diverter, switches and nodes. Everything works during testing.

I’ve got the EHOH BRK.

Thanks!

1 month later
#6 3 months ago
Quoted from zandman:

Does anyone have a solution for the front door not registering the ball to light or start haunts? When I start the game it works fine. After the first haunt the ball just goes through the house to the left orbit and counts as a ‘drive me crazy’ shot. Also, during a multi ball the house won’t register the jackpot through the front door. It must be a switch issue right?
Tested diverter, switches and nodes. Everything works during testing.
I’ve got the EHOH BRK.
Thanks!

I am having exactly the same issue with mine. So far, Stern tech support has not been terribly helpful.

#7 3 months ago

I have your solution. The problem is the ball diverter is sticking in the up or partially up position. Disassemble the ball diverter at the back of the play field. Polish all moving surfaces that touch with 3000 grit or finer. Reassemble and lubricate moving parts at points of contact with silicone lube. Your house will activate haunts like it should. Did this with my machine last night and it's like brand new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-hoh-le-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.