IMG_2586 (resized).jpeg
final-beta-image (resized).JPG
IMG_2564 (resized).JPG
IMG_2563 (resized).JPG
web2 (resized).JPG
IMG_2508 (resized).JPG
IMG_2509 (resized).JPG
#1 11 months ago

Hello I've been asked if I can make an Elvira HoH deluxe armor in the spirit of the other "deLuxE" armors I make

(https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order)

I'd definitely be interested in making one of these but I'd need 10 or so people to show interested

It probably would look something in the sprit of sterns armor (pic attached) but not exactly the same.

I"m thinking the same general shape, with some type of spider web, maybe not the spider inside or maybe a black widow rather than whatever that spider is. but maybe eyes and "something else" (feel free to give me ideas)
I was thinking maybe the shape of elvira in her "laying on the side position" or something else (skull, vampire cape, wolfman shape?) I dont know.

price would probably be $100 shipped to the USA or $110 shipped internationally (to those countries that I can ship to $20 or less). This one would be a bit more work and material doing a spider web like that will be hard (but doable) I'm guessing Sterns is just a picture rather than a cut out like Sterns Rush is. but I'm thinking of adding some type of additional laser cut spider web on top that would be attached to the actual protector so it will have texture?!? (depth is probably a better word)

if your interested please reply to this thread and drum up support in the Elvira owners or mods thread or with fellow Elvira owners.
I think if we got 10 people I'd be willing to put the time in to design it and add it to my other designs for purchase.

-brian

e (resized).jpge (resized).jpgdeluxe (resized).JPGdeluxe (resized).JPGgidora (resized).JPGgidora (resized).JPG
#2 11 months ago

I took a quick minute to design up the generic shape and cut on my quick prototyping material (basically black cardboard) to see what it would look like

I put it on an empty LoTR cabinet, it's hard to see due to the black in LoTR but give you an idea of size.

the hard part of the design would be whatever "art" goes in.

IMG_2451 (resized).JPGIMG_2451 (resized).JPGIMG_2454 (resized).JPGIMG_2454 (resized).JPG
#3 11 months ago

Hi I would be interested in a EHOH deluxe armor version.Count me in.Thanks.

#6 11 months ago

Interested

#7 11 months ago

cool adding the original requestor I think we have 5 of the 10 needed. I quickly just made a section of "web material" 2.5mm high that could go over the armor. this actually I think is pretty cool though I'm not sure if it will mess peoples fingers up. The other option is cut adhesive vinyl which would probalby be easiest and wouldn't mess with peoples fingers but I don't know this "3D" web type thing looks darn cool (picture is bad as the lighing in my basement workroom is not great) . also since it's ontop of the armor it actually could be larger that the armor I send such that when installed it covers the armor as well as the factory rails like the stern armor's image does.

thoughts anyone? certainly would love feedback and ideas of what you guys (and girsl) think.

web (resized).JPGweb (resized).JPG

#8 11 months ago

I would like a set. Thanks.

#9 11 months ago

Count me in

#10 11 months ago

I would be interested

#11 11 months ago

I have to say I’m very excited with this product my first sized web prototype came out perfect in terms of look and attachment. I need to change the web a little to better match the armor shape but I’m really excited with it

IMG_2489 (resized).jpegIMG_2489 (resized).jpeg
#12 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I have to say I’m very excited with this product my first sized web prototype came out perfect in terms of look and attachment. I need to change the web a little to better match the armor shape but I’m really excited with it
[quoted image]

I’m also thinking of adding a glow in the dark web option for a few bucks more as I think that would look sweet

#13 11 months ago

Count me in! You can use mine for a test fit if you'd like as well.

#14 11 months ago

more pictures... I really really like this. now I"m going to have to get an HoH (I already want one.. but have spent WAY too much on pinball since I got Godzilla back in November and it ignited my obsession with pinball)

IMG_2508 (resized).JPGIMG_2508 (resized).JPGIMG_2509 (resized).JPGIMG_2509 (resized).JPG
#15 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Count me in! You can use mine for a test fit if you'd like as well.

Thank you I might take you up on that!

#16 11 months ago

web prototype 2. getting closer, not perfect yet.

-brian

web2 (resized).JPGweb2 (resized).JPG
#17 11 months ago

Interested!

#18 11 months ago

Interested

#19 11 months ago

Interested

#20 11 months ago

I'd buy one - please add me to the list!

#21 11 months ago
Quoted from brannonrad:

I'd buy one - please add me to the list!

awesome! I will start working on the final design. I think we have enough interest to make this happen. but any other people please do reply if your interested and you haven't already.

#22 11 months ago

Elvira spider web v2.1 I think this will be the final web design. I changed it up to look a little more like a natural forming spider web that got broken and repaired in the top right corner. now I just have to add some elvira 'eyes' and maybe some final piece of decoration.

as always thought/suggestions are welcome!

IMG_2563 (resized).JPGIMG_2563 (resized).JPGIMG_2564 (resized).JPGIMG_2564 (resized).JPG
#23 11 months ago

OK I think I have the final test product.

Keep in mind this is not the actual material, this is just basically painted black cardboard. and the "eyes" are pink on this one rather than red as I don't have any transparent red material right now needed to make the "reflective" effect so I just went with pink till I can order some read... but basically I think this is the final design.

and here's a link to a video to show you how the reflectiveness goes.. it's neat because when your in normal "pinball lighting" (not directly under a spotlight like I was to demonstrate) they go from shining bright to basically black/invisible depending on the angle of the light so it's almost like eyes are opening and disappearing as you move by it depending on the lighting angles.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PdL6MNzVexWwLhRE9

last step is to make the product on actual material (maybe this weekend) and verify on my modern stern machines and put it on a machine and playtest during the week to make sure it doesn't feel "weird" with the spiderweb.

as always comments/feedback, even criticism (as long as it's constructive and will help me improve the product or make it look better) is very welcome. this is YOUR product I don't have an Elvira to put one on myself ;(

One thought I have is maybe different color eyes (maybe a red and a green?) or just stick with the red? I don't know.

final-beta-image (resized).JPGfinal-beta-image (resized).JPG

#24 11 months ago

Play testing with the web has begun! So far it does not bother me or my son but I’m sure everyone will have different preferences

IMG_2584 (resized).jpegIMG_2584 (resized).jpegIMG_2585 (resized).jpegIMG_2585 (resized).jpegIMG_2586 (resized).jpegIMG_2586 (resized).jpegIMG_2587 (resized).jpegIMG_2587 (resized).jpeg
#25 11 months ago

V2.2 added one more set of eyes

also I made a Elvira in a spiderweb.
it's a 5" photo of Elvira (modified) to look like she's got her one arm and both legs bundled up in a spiderweb. photo quality print on 1.5mm acrylic.
hand wrapped with twine. I don't know whether it looks cool or gaudy. I liked the idea but not sure if it's out of place and to "bulky"

I probably will sell the armor without and if you like the Elvira I can make that an add on purchase.

I forgot to mention the webbing glows in the dark. It doesn't seem horribly strong glow, so I might try for a different vendor for the material. but it does glow as you can see in the pics.

IMG_2590 (resized).jpegIMG_2590 (resized).jpegIMG_2592 (resized).JPGIMG_2592 (resized).JPGIMG_2593 (resized).JPGIMG_2593 (resized).JPG

glow (resized).JPGglow (resized).JPG
1 week later
#27 10 months ago

anyone that wanted to get these, they are available on the "pre-order" I only have a few (like 1 or 2) more of my other pre-orders (rush, foo fighters, godzilla) to complete then I will start producing and shipping these. get your orders in soon as the pre-order pricing will close soon for Elvira (they already closed for the other) then prices will go up $10 a piece for "on demand" orders and they will only be available while I have material left from the past pre-order.

Until the next pre-order which probably be late or mid July, then ??? who knows after that. maybe once or twice a year or maybe on new cornerstone releases. not sure yet

1 week later
#28 10 months ago

for those of you that ordered, I expect to start shipping out these next week. I'm waiting on some special material I'm using just for these which won't arrive till next week I'm going to start cutting them and making the webs this weekend while I wait for the other material.

-brian

1 week later
#29 10 months ago

so number #1 is now made and ready to ship! the others will eek out over the next two weeks. This one takes quite a bit of time to make and assemble and I do have a day job but will get them out ASAP and they are my top priority for order fullfilment. Thanks in advance for your orders!

-brian

#30 10 months ago

just a note the first 2 pre-orders shipped out today. I expect to have the rest out hopefully by the end of next week or so, and have 3 more sets 75% finished. I expect to hopefully finish out all the Elvira pre-orders by the end of next week or so hopefully. Please keep a watch on your shop notifications (turn them on if they are off so when yours are ready you can get the final payment finished and the armor shipped out.

-brian

1 week later
#31 9 months ago

ok all the original May/June pre-orders have shipped out. Thank you for your patience.
If you were interested in them and have not ordered, there's a generic July Pre-order ending this Sunday July 10th

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order-july
you can pick them up there if you want.

These were quite a bit more of a pain to make than I expected. So if you want them get them now. I may do one final run after this July pre-order but if I do the price will increase a bit and almost certainly I will retire the Elvira HOH deluxe armor after that.

Thank you to everyone that has supported this endeavor and I hope your enjoying your armor.

1 week later
#32 9 months ago

If anyone is still interested in a set of these I just put up a September pre order for all my deluxe armors (to Coincide with the Ven9m release and my new venom armor) for the end of august/beginning of September

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08995-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order-sept-w-venom-

A few people added thee orders last week as I extended the July presale due to vacation and I’ll get those made and shipped out asap.thx for your support.

#33 9 months ago

if anyone who has bought this has a picture of it installed on their elvira they can share with me (to share with others) please let me know. I usually buy the games I make mods for but Elvira is one I don't have and would love to see what it looks like totally installed as well as share that with others who might be interested.

#34 9 months ago

Thanks much to JJJJJS for the pics!

elvira-1 (resized).jpgelvira-1 (resized).jpgelvira-2 (resized).jpgelvira-2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-hoh-deluxe-armor-interest-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.