3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Antron77
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

563E1F20-CE7E-4BFD-80D3-10030378BAA0 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Starting this thread because I am sure people have had/will have this problem. During the crypt motor test, I can get the crypt to advance to switch 77 successfully to start the test.

After the test cycles successfully once, it will never land on switch 77/default position again. Unless I power it off and adjust some components including the motor mount under the playfield manually.

Has anyone resolved this issue? How?

#2 3 years ago

Bumping this for the eve.

#3 3 years ago

Pulled apart the whole crypt -
    Pulled out the opto board, etc. and blew out any dust / crud in there.
    Readjusted the motor screw underneath the playfield (left hand screw has a track for adjustment), pulled down the playfield after starting the 'crypt motor test' and got the motor screw adjustment correct so that starting the crypt test at 77 was successful.
    Once I was able to run through the test successfully, I played a few tests without the crypt totally reassembled.
    After confirming it worked, reassembled the crypt.

Hopefully this helps somebody someday.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Pulled apart the whole crypt -
    Pulled out the opto board, etc. and blew out any dust / crud in there.
    Readjusted the motor screw underneath the playfield (left hand screw has a track for adjustment), pulled down the playfield after starting the 'crypt motor test' and got the motor screw adjustment correct so that starting the crypt test at 77 was successful.
    Once I was able to run through the test successfully, I played a few tests without the crypt totally reassembled.
    After confirming it worked, reassembled the crypt.
    Hopefully this helps somebody someday.

how do you know that the motor screw position or adjustment was correct? Just kept trying at different positions until landing back on 77 was successful? whats the gap in the two doors when at closed position mine seems there is a 1/8 or a little more gap?

#5 3 years ago

Yea, I found that because when the playfield was up and only 77 was activated, if I dropped it down, the crypt would sag a bit and move and 77 and 78 would both be activated (or nothing activated) so I did some trial and error, probably 3 tries to get it right, a PITA, but it played well for an hour or so last night afterwards.

Yes, that gap is pretty common it turns out, I saw someone added a little strip of black to cover the gap, but I am just living with it.

I tried adding a spacer and tightening the whole mech, nothing got rid of the gap.

5 months later
    #6 2 years ago

This Crypt is about to cause me to trade off this game for something else. Love the game, hate d*cking with the crypt constantly. The screw on the armature likes to fall out, and even when I have it together and run the test, I can get it to close, open, but never to the skull presentation, it just bounces up and down and never settles in on the skull where it should be. Maddening!

#7 2 years ago

Locktite? Mine has been solid since the original post.

5 months later
    #8 2 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you for this post. After a few hours of frustration, I finally turned to pinside. This post helped greatly. Not exactly sure how I finally got the crypt up and running (it was just randomly rotating through all 3 positions during play.) I adjusted a rogue screw, air cleaned the optos, and greased the plastic piece near the back of the skull where it rides the metal arc. Not sure which of the three stabs-in-the-dark worked. #1 guess is dirty optos. And agreed, it makes a huge difference to have the playfield all the way down, not partially up, when testing the crypt. Anyway, thanks again isJ Larry

563E1F20-CE7E-4BFD-80D3-10030378BAA0 (resized).jpeg563E1F20-CE7E-4BFD-80D3-10030378BAA0 (resized).jpeg

#9 2 years ago

I have been having a similar issue just lately. Wants to continously cycle and then just settle on the skull position. Will try the above steps. Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-hoh-deadhead-crypt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.