(Topic ID: 72933)

Elvira Boobie Monsters??? One of a kind restoration featured! Beware - Boobs!

By gameroomguru

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by aztarac
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

boobs.jpg
bth_smiley-hug006.gif
schweddy balls.jpg
cred.jpg
fbm.jpg
summer rental.gif
cas.jpg
turrible.jpg
th_rodney_dangerfield-1.jpg
wartruck.jpg
Crossed_Eyes-3.jpg
pussy wagon.jpg
Colorforms-633.JPG
Colorforms-758.JPG
Colorforms.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gameroomguru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 10 years ago

For your enjoyment. Happy holidays everybody! -Team GRC

#4 10 years ago

Haters are up early this morning? How about...

Andrew Lloyd 9 hours ago:
Another one for my Best of GRC Playlist. If only I was there to play this custom table. First time I saw bouncing boobs, 5:05, I was laughing my ass off. Best video ever!!!

e2PawsVideos 9 hours ago:
I love watching these videos love the pinball games
Keep up the great work 

rarecoolitems 8 hours ago:
Now that is a beautiful machine!

FleshWound42 3 hours ago:
Show winner for sure. That machine is hotter than the "Trinidad Scorpion" peppers that Jim grows.

ArcadeDude44 10 hours ago:
Awesome repair/restore guys, congrats.

Just the overnight comments from a few fine folks who appreciate a job well done. Haters & TNT Junk supporters can sit & spin.

#28 10 years ago

For the record, Dennis Nordman "approved" the custom work & the playfield was outsourced from Robert Winter who happens to be... well doesn't he run the Elvira fan club or something?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Boobs on the translite are way too round.

You prefer square? Haha.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hey, I think that's the playfield I did.

??? Did you paint a playfield for Robert Winter? If so, it's getting mixed reviews. We love it. Everyone who has physically seen it loves it. Some douches (tamoore & friends) don't like it. Eh... Screw 'em.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

It's a fun game and the quality of the work looks to be excellent, but the art is pretty tasteless IMO.

So many things "pinball" are a matter of personal preference aren't they? Workmanship isn't, thank you for differentiating. Tasteless art? Sure, that qualifies. In this case, our customer got what HE wanted. Beyond that, what's wrong with tasteless art on a pinball machine? Last Action Hero comes to mind for some reason. Oooh, worse yet, Flash?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup, that was my work.

Haters aside, seriously. EXCELLENT work on the playfield touch up, alteration, & clear coat. Truly a superb job!!!

#47 10 years ago

this truck?

wartruck.jpgwartruck.jpg
#63 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

So if we don't like the boobs all over the game we are dumbasses and douches? Lol, ok. I find it kinda tacky and a little overboard.

Not the case at all. If you express an opinion in a way where you present yourself as the authority representative for all, you are a dumbass/douche. If you say, "I don't like it." or "I find it kinda tacky and a little overboard." those are perfectly polite gentlemanly statements of opinion.

Tamoore one-worded it with "horrible." That is udderly (intended) offensive to the people who invested significant time, work, & money into this project. It was a jackass thing to say. Truly the "abomination" was the machine the way it came into our shop. Every prior owner should be scolded. Yes, the finished piece is subject to opinion & critique. It's presented as something different and with the best workmanship possible.

Some will love it & others won't. I would expect that anyone seriously "into" pinball would respect the work involved in saving this pin from the dumpster it belonged in & turning into the showpiece shown.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Disagreeing with Tamoore's opinion or presentation is one thing. Searching his post history and resurrecting his old posts makes you look like creepy Pinside stalker guy.

Pot calling kettle black?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Like it or not, it's called constructive criticism.
The boobs on the translite are perfectly round and look silly.
"Significant time" should have turned out something that is anatomically correct.

In that case, if the one word "horrible" is "constructive criticism," you sir are horrible.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

this is just terrible. thickheaded, misguided idea. poorly executed to boot. ruined a perfectly good Elvira and the Party Monsters.

define "perfectly good." it had 3 feet in the dumpster. pay attention next time or better yet, look & watch before commenting. thank you.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it's like a roadrunner cartoon where at the end the coyote kills, cooks and eats the roadrunner. what's the point? completely misses the appeal of elvira in my opinion.

that i don't entirely disagree with - attacking the workmanship is another thing. the appeal of the machine, really, is merely that it is unique & we rescued what was a dumpster-bound pin.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I'm wondering why the shooter rod is an eyeball and not a boobie?

don't go thinking that wasn't discussed... if you work on pins, you know that they are never "done." we were most certainly done with this pin! infinite backlog...

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Thought it would fit the theme of this particular machine better then an eyeball.

suspect we'll revisit the shooter knob at some point when we can stomach putting MORE time into this pin. since it remains local, we're married to it....

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

We have missed you Gameroomguno! You have a way of spicing it up.
Bring on some more scantily clad girls draped all over machines.
Better yet, can you believe they are remaking a pinball machine that you ranked a 1 on Ipdb

Somebody is remaking Funhouse? Say it ain't so! Wow, you know more about me than I do. What game did I rank a 1 on the database when???

#91 10 years ago

Interesting but not me. Impostor!

#96 10 years ago

Ouch. Busted!

Pinball "opinions" (lists/rankings) are stupid & should be evaluated as such. Nonetheless, a dirty move on my part. Need to move making corrections further up my list of things to do. On that note, sleep has made it's way to top priority. Nice job Doug - going to offer you a job in our research department!

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

"Taste" be it in books, art, music and yes pinball is such a "personal" thing. Let's leave it that way, OK.

Hi Paul! Let's play some Space Shuttle!

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ironically, that's one of the gayest things I've seen.

Must not be any mirrors in your house.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I hope that's a sticker and you didn't actually ruin a perfectly good backglass.

EatPM is a translite machine.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At least this time he will get banned for 2 weeks...

Who me? Like I care? 99.9% of the time, I have more important things to do than wasting time in this venue bantering with morons.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I'd like to apologize for my comments last night.
Just because I find this piece abhorrent doesn't give me the right to trash it. The basic restore work is very nicely done, even if I find the mods to be tasteless and demeaning.
I'm sorry.

Apology both accepted & reciprocated. Trashing our (truly painstaking) work got me significantly bent out of shape however that doesn't warrant counterattacks. I am also sorry. Let's be buddies!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 49.99
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 70.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gameroomguru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-boobie-monsters-one-of-a-kind-restoration-featured-beware-boobs?tu=gameroomguru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.