(Topic ID: 163747)

Elvira and the Party Monsters. Need advice.

By ViridianScourge

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Spencer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys. I come to the masters seeking advice. It's a 3 hour drive to get this, and even then, I don't know exactly what I'm looking at. He'll accept $2400, but there's no more wiggle room for negotiations. Here's an image gallery: http://imgur.com/a/5Xzkn

And here's the info: He says the playfield is nice, but some wear on the insert decals in front of the flippers. Ramps are great. Left ramp has a small crack at the entrance that you can barely see. He only sees one damaged playfield plastic, the corner of the J-A-M plastic in front of the drop targets.

Translight doesn't appear to have any damage. Cabinet does have some damage, especially around the lower edge and legs.

MPU is clean with a remote battery hold installed. New Rottendog display unit installed.

What do you think? Any additional questions I should ask before pulling the trigger? Any help is appreciated!!

#2 7 years ago

Guy here is St. Louis has a MINT one for $2900 I believe. Everything is nice except for the JAM plastic is broke.

I think the game is way overpriced for the game play, but some people buy for different reasons. Most of them have some cracks in the ramp but you can buy protectors for $50 that will hide any wear and protect for the future.

How bad do you want the game? That is the real question. Mr pinball 2016 says Value is $2900, I just sold my last one with some playfeild wear but eveything else was ok ... for $1800.

I just bought one for $650, new playfeild for $800, new decals for $260, new plastic for $200, new stickers for $35, and I can't find the ramps do I just bought protectors $50, new repro translight $280, so total 2275.00 and mine will be Brand new nearly.

#3 7 years ago

The game is a riot, but pricy. I really enjoyed mine.

#4 7 years ago

Might not be $2400 but it is close. Cannot find one in good shape for less than $2k.

#5 7 years ago

Looks like its priced pretty good. Would also depend on your location, pins tend to cost a bit more on the west coast.

#6 7 years ago

Appreciate all the input guys. Seems like the verdict is, it's...a purchase. Sounds like it's around where it should be. So while I may not get a hell of a deal, who knows when it'll pop up again (The rarity is the driving force behind my decision), and for how much.

They made around 4,000, but I'm sure that number is a bit less every year, due to fires/floods/etc.

Thanks again for all the feedback, and looking forward to any more! If I get it, I'll make sure to post some pics with it in my game room!

#7 7 years ago

I'd say open a gofundme account and ask for a few bucks to help cover the cost, then its a win, win. I'd sell mine for $3000 as well but I'm sure shipping would kill the deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 70.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 49.99
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-need-advice-8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.