(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,307 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Tokkentakker
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 474 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A4F5613D-70B2-4C15-AE7B-007FF481A1A9 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7087 (resized).JPG
DSCN7086 (resized).JPG
E35F072D-C330-4D5D-9961-8F7903A9A41A (resized).jpeg
20200509_153226 (resized).jpg
20200509_141200 (resized).jpg
20200509_140445 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200226-103054~3 (resized).png
518ABB36-77BF-4DCB-824E-C0C2530865DD (resized).jpeg
E3D1BA4D-C40B-4969-A012-C022A7A6BE90 (resized).jpeg
330DD88C-5A90-4773-9B05-912B8A7C1262 (resized).jpeg
FEEFFDF2-A962-4E83-A080-11B95EAE0CA6 (resized).jpeg
D902A7F0-0157-4832-A72C-407A18CE4E73 (resized).jpeg
198D7ED0-C66D-45A3-AC07-09C1E5CE9571 (resized).jpeg
394616A3-F5F2-4F63-9AD3-ED4A135E9B8A (resized).jpeg
0474BCEE-3D8B-4A03-85ED-EC762E56EF6F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiltmonster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#760 4 years ago

I'm in! Here are a few pics with my Comet LEDs, black ribbed flipper bats, some Titan comp silicone rings and new XPin displays. I still have a few tweaks but it's a start...

Elvira_Red_LED.jpg

LED_PF.jpg

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I like LEDs, but generally I think EATPM looks better with incandescent lamps. Your playield has me rethinking that idea. Yours looks great.

Thank you. I understand your point, I tried to enhance the colors yet keep it simple without over saturating the colors. I used a lot of warm white and natural white under the plastics and slings. I switched a few colors under the PF inserts just for some pop. The man in the moon has purple flashers in it so it will go from the Ice Blue to purple (more of a pink but it still is a nice contrast).

Elvira in the photo looks washed out, I'm not sure why because in RL she has a really nice glow, I put in pinks and purples behind her... it's weird what the camera picks up (or doesn't).

2 weeks later
#768 4 years ago

Sweet, you got to love the Mistress of The Dark! Thanks for posting the pics

Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

You did pretty close to what I did on my PF, except I used all warm white for the GI minus behind the Grave Yard Standups on both sides I used the purple and in the BBQ area I used red instead of green..

I'd like to see it; got pics?

1 week later
#772 4 years ago

To my knowledge, there is not a post and there has never been a post there... this is true for my machine and all of the photos that I've seen.

2 weeks later
#803 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I've had my Elvira for about a year and a half. I spent most of the last two months going through the playfield cleaning everything and fixing some things and adding some new parts. I keep a log of everything I do on my website with lots of pics. Click...
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/repair/repair.html
I took well over a hundred pictures while disassembling the playfield. If you're looking for a particular detail maybe I can help

Looks nice, thanks for the link!

I haven't had time to install my new ramps but I agree the decals were tough to apply and didn't fit correctly; Although, it's nice to have ramps that aren't cracked. I'll probably just wait until the CPR PF is done before I bother to swap them out.

The boogiemen quest was a pet peeve of mine, I used eBay to get as close to the originals as possible, I based this on the Elvira Flyer... It did set me back over $25 to get these two but for what ever reason I wanted ones from the correct time period that were the real Jiggler Finger Puppets. It took many months to find them and while these aren't the exact same color as the flyer, they are the correct style; However, I understand that these could vary some on each pin. (The picture looks washed out because I was playing around with an LED pad light from Comet to enhance the spotlight effect on the boggiemen during boogieman bonus)

Flyer_(resized).jpg

boogiemen_bright_light_(resized).jpg

boogiemen_dark_(resized).jpg

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Where did you find the ramp decals for sale?

Oh... sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear in my post. I bought a new set of ramps at the York show from Starship and the decals were included in the set. I put them on the new ramps but I haven't replaced the ramps, I was waiting for the new CPR PF before I replaced them. I suppose you could call or email Starship to see if they sell only the decals but my guess is they are produced according to how many ramps they make. It's certainly worth a shot and you've got nothing to lose by asking. Good luck!

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Starship won't sell the decals by themselves. License issues. I asked.

Ah, that's too bad. I assume you're thought of this or have already tried but maybe you could post a wanted add here to see if anyone has some for sale.

1 month later
#834 4 years ago

Welcome to the "party"!

1 month later
#851 4 years ago

I would contact Starship, they may not be listed but it never hurts to ask... it worked for me.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Yeesh! That's $100 more than what they cost when Pinball Inc had them.

Its all about supply and demand but I got mine from starship at the York show last year and I think they were $275. Discounted price because it was at the show, no shipping..

1 week later
#868 4 years ago

I was thinking Green and was close to getting them but I went with the Red X-Pin. I'm probably the odd ball out on this one but the Red seemed to match the theme I was trying to achieve (Her name, the art work, coin mechs and t molding).

green_test_(resized).jpg

Elvira_Red_LED_(resized).jpg

Elivra_table_full_led_(resized).jpg

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Green displays, AMH topper, green BriteButtons, Starship Fantasy ramps, and a ton of other shit

Looks great!

EDIT: That green is sweet and certainly makes the display pop... hmmm

3 months later
#895 3 years ago

No, I got my decals when I bought my new ramps from Starship but I'd buy them anyway just to have a spare... wonder how long ago those were available for sale?

1 month later
#898 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

I finally just picked up an Elvira to go with my scared stiff
I'm doing some cleanup of it, putting in the LEDs over the place
Does anyone have any images that are scaled right of rules / free play cards?
Also by the right front of the left ramp near the two targets there seems to of been a wire or guide or some form of protector with two mount holes that I am missing, I can get pics later but does anyone know what that thing was there?
Great game and I've waited very patiently to get the right one!

I'm not sure what you mean but do either of these pictures help?

titan comp pf (resized).jpg
Glued on PF (resized).jpg

boogiemen dark (resized).jpg

4 months later
#927 3 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

I just bought an EATPM, and I'm having problems with air balls about 90% of the time when the ball enters the Monster Slide ramp. I'm thinking the ramp is a new thicker plastic which is creating a very subtle ridge under the metal entrance flap that might be enough to pop the ball into the air. I'm contemplating sanding the end of the ramp thinner to yield a smoother transition with the playfield. I should mention that I already custom ground the surface of the two countersunk flat head screws that attach the ramp to the playfield so that they would be flush with the ramp surface, but that didn't help.
Also, the PF has no Mylar; it is clear coated. This might cause a faster ball velocity from the right flipper which might be a contributing factor to this problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

No, sorry... I still have the original ramps and mylar on my PF. I'm waiting for the CPR PF and I have a set of new ramps to install after I get that PF (could be a long wait) so I don't any issue with that at this time. Could you post a pic of the ramp and potential ridge?

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

Thanks for the reply. Taking a photo was a good suggestion, because it got me looking a little closer. You can see many microscratches in the metal flap running in the ball direction that abruptly end at the ridge formed by the thickness of the plastic ramp underneath the metal flap. To me that is a good indicator of the point at which the ball gets airborne. Please let me know if anyone has dealt with this issue.

Interesting... I'm trying to get my head around this and while I know, and see, that these new ramps are thicker (and a selling point to them lasting longer) it does not seem that the ramp is itself is making contact with the PF.

So the questions would be:

Would longer screws make the flap lay flat?

Would re-drilling the holes help spread the flap out?

Is the ramp getting pinched inward by the post sleeves causing the ramp to buckle in the center?

I'm not saying you should do anything but trying to realize why this issue exists.

I know others have replaced their OG ramps with these new ones and am curious myself what would cause this to happen.

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

The flap looks like its humped in the center because the rivet holes in the ramp are too close ( or flap is too far apart). Also looks like the ramp isn't all the way down ( gap under left side).

Right, sorry, that's what I meant and I was wondering why it would be bowed in the center; is it because the ramp is being pinched by the sleeve posts causing it to rise up in the center? Or it's not laying flat because the screws are too short and it didn't pull the flap flat enough to the PF? Or are the holes in the ramp drilled incorrectly and they are too close together causing the flap to push inward? If the ramp were laying flat on the PF then I would be wondering if it was due to the thicker "material". Sorry, I'm only trying to think of what would cause this to happen...

This is the only pic I have of mine in that area, I can take more, but it appears to have a slight bump in the center too

titan comp pf (resized).jpg

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Beautiful pic... What kind of lamps do u guys use behind the dead-heads?

Thank you.

Comet Twin 2835 INTENSE BRIGHTNESS Frosted #47 N White

5 months later
#962 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What do you guys think of these alternate cabinet decals from RetroRefurbs?

I like the images but I wouldn't put them on my pin

#963 2 years ago

Does anyone have the CPR back glass for sale?

2 months later
#971 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Joined the club today. Been looking for a while and finally found one.

Welcome!

3 weeks later
#983 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

My buddy brought his son over to play his first pinball ever. I think he enjoyed trying to look down Elvira’s dress the most

haha, classic!

3 months later
#996 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I just found out that Planetary has the backglass back in stock. Not sure if this is the CPR version still, or someone else. I've placed an order, so we'll see.
Now I just need to find a set of plastics. Anyone have one they'd part with?

All I see is out of stock EATPM backglass but I already have the ramps and the plastics

1 week later
#999 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Grr. I got confirmation shipment, so maybe I got the last one?
I’m hoping cpr runs the plastics with the pf.

What happened? Did you get your Back Glass?

#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Yes it arrived this week, but I haven’t opened it yet. I’ll do that later today, and post some pics

Awesome! Please do... I've been wanting this Backglass too

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Here’s the original:

And the new one:

Overall, it looks good. The flesh tone seems to be washed out a little, compared to the original.
After the PATZ show, I’ll put it in the machine, and add some pics of it backlit.

Great, thank you!

1 month later
#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Huh ! I see !
And how do you like the LEDs now?
Not too bright??

You can dim them if you want but get the filter...

Elvira Red LED (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Just joined last night. Can't wait to work on it. It's filthy and needs a little work but I am beyond happy about this. It's a grail pin for me that I never thought I'd be able to get. Just got lucky.

Welcome! Enjoy!

1 month later
#1029 1 year ago

I just switched all of the rubber rings (except flippers) to black and replaced all posts to black, just mixing it up a bit...

I have the CPR budget backglass on order, I can't wait to swap that out. I'll post pictures of before and after once it's done.

Bat Lane (resized).jpgFull PF (resized).jpgMiddle PF 2 (resized).jpgUpper Left PF (resized).jpgUpper Right PF (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1040 1 year ago

Ok, here's the photos of the CPR budget backglass...
CPR Backglass (resized).jpgCPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpgCPR Backglass 2 (resized).jpgCPR Backglass 3 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It’s freaking beautiful!
Gold[quoted image]

Sweet!

2 months later
#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Just joined the club. I've been wanting one for a while and a local had one he was willing to sell me.
It's in pretty great condition I think.
[quoted image]

Welcome, looks nice, enjoy!

3 months later
#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So I put LEDS in the back box and I don’t care for it
Do they make a LED that still retains some of the original ambience I like the original look on this game
Thanks

I have the Back glass and used all of the Comet frosted Twin SMD Natural White and it looks great but I think the frosted Warm White should retain the look of incandescent when using the Translite...

EDIT: This is the budget version without the faux mirror

CPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#1172 11 months ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hello - I think i read somewhere that EATPM had an often seen fault with the Moon / Wolfman flashers. Something about a big resistor often being faulty. But i have been unable to find the info again, and mine aren't working at the moment.
Anybody have some info about this? I am really bad at reading the System 11 schematics, so any help or links would be really appreciated!

I had that issue follow the link here and the fix I made post #15

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-eatpm-man-in-the-moon-and-wolfman-solenoid-not-working

4 months later
#1209 7 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I could also use a good close up photo of the BBQ. Mine is missing whatever parts cause the 'Flip Ups' to flip up.
Parts that I am sure are impossible to obtain...

I'm not sure what you need but maybe these will help?

Bat Lane (resized).jpgGlued on PF (resized).jpgUpper Left PF (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1240 4 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well...I think I might have overpaid 400-800 dollars for my Elvira...
My machine was super filthy. No surprise. As I stated before the bands were never replaced. Once I get the new ones I'll replace. I haven't turned it on yet. As I don't want to turn it on without the fuses being in the driver board. So who knows what will happen.
Guy I bought it from said it was working... But, people say lots of things.
The sides are pretty beaten and worn. With some fraying of the wood and also the paint or vinyl from the sides are coming off by the legs. Translite is in good shape. Not perfect. But, really nice.
The plastics are in good shape. I did however order a replacement set. As that set comes with the topper. And I figured it can't hurt to have replacement plastics.
The monster slide though is badly cracked near the top. It could last a long time... Don't know. Might be looking for spare ramps now... Which is a bummer.
The playfield seemed to be in good condition despite it being dirty.
However... Once I cleaned it. I did notice some wear at Bat... That's common. And really wan't too bad. Mostly the B in bat was worn...
But, there is one section that I'm worried about. I'll post a picture later for you all to see.
I thought this might be mylar. But, I don't think it is.
I think its whatever they printed the playfield with.
For the left inlane there seems to be a bit of playfield that is coming up. Maybe about a quarter of an inch by like 1/8 of an inch. I thought it was mylar. But, the other side doesn't appear to have any mylar. Or I didn't notice it... I can be bad at stuff like that.
So I'm wondering...
What would be the best solution. Cut off the loose bits that are sticking up. Even if its the playfield wrap... And then put mylar over it.
Or if it is mylar. Cut the bad bit off. Or take it all off?
Again. I'll try to get a good picture. But, I don't own a smartphone with a camera. I own a crappy tablet. And that has a crappy picture...
And then one last thing. While waxing. I noticed over the inserts. Feels kind of bubbly. And its really just over the inserts. I'm think that's just the age of the pin and the inserts and how this was stored. Probably. Not in the best of conditions. As there was just a ton of dirt and dust all over it.
Is that common. I don't really know.
I'm not regretting my purchase(though some on this board might... As I am and will be pestering you all now), I think eventually. I'll have a super nice and fun Elvira to play with.
The one thing I won't be doing anytime soon is replacing the side art. Or fixing up the cab. I don't have the room to do so. But, that hopefully will get done. When I move to my 2nd house. As I want to have space to work on pins there.
Sorry about the novel.
But, any suggestions. Once again would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're worried about until I see pics but having said that... this pin is known to have decals wearing around the legs (mine was cut out and then the wood painted black). Wear in the BATS lanes, which is nothing to worry about unless you want a flawless machine, is normal. Cracked ramps (which are still available for purchase) is normal too but cliffy also offers an option if you don't want to buy new ramps. I have cracked ramps with a new set on hand that I have not installed but my game plays fine. I have wear on the BAT lanes that you can only see if you're looking for it. I also had bubbling in the mylar on some of the inserts which can be handled to minimize these issues. There are threads on how to deal with this, and I'm not saying you should do this but in a nut shell I punctured the bubble with a pin, replaced the bulbs with LED's and its hardly noticeable. So I guess it comes down to what you paid and if you enjoy the game because what you're talking about isn't really any deal breaker in my mind but everyone has their own opinion on what's important.

Backglass 2 (resized).jpgFull PF (resized).jpgPinball row (resized).jpg
#1243 4 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Your game looks really nice.
I'm not horribly concerned or devastated. Its just now that I have time to look into this machine. I'm seeing all the warts and imperfections.
I'll probably look into the decal issue with the legs at a later date and see what a good bandaid solution will be. I'm a few years out from having the space and area to do a cab rebuild and then purchase new side decals.
The bat wear, I know is common. And I've seen many games with it far worse. I don't care about that. I care only about the bulbs being lit so I can see the lanes I need to complete. So it was just a gripe about my new machine.
And the mylar with the inserts. I was just curious about that. As again... I'm still newish to the whole pinball maintenance scene. Only been in the hobby going on 2 years, and this is something I haven't come across yet. I don't think it'll really impact the game play. Just was weird when I was waxing to feel it, and hear it. Just wanted to get peoples opinions and input on it. I'll look more into this in the future. So thanks for the heads up about where I might find more discussions on it.
The main thing that concerns me though. Is that bit of playfield or mylar that is coming up in the left inlane.
I'll post images of it tomorrow. But, thinking about it... Even if its the worst case scenario. There are worse things.
For one... The elvira at the bottom of the playfield is in great condition, and really so is the rest of the playfield.
If the ramps give me issues I'll look into the cliffy solution.
And yeah. I could buy new ones, but those are a bit pricey. Maybe at a later date. Thanks for the input mate.

Thank you.

I didn't mean to sound off putting and I only posted pictures to show you that a lot of what you're talking about were issues with my pin. As you can sort of see I addressed many of them and (I think) the game came out great with minimal cost. Yes, I did buy the backglass but I got that because I just love the way real backglass looks so that was an indulgent purchase. I had to do some board work where some lights/flashers were out and I replaced those resistors. I also had to replace the display and choose the X-Pin Red LED to color match. I can live with the broken ramps and when I have time I'll swap those out but the game play isn't an issue so it's not a must have fix.

This site is awesome and there are plenty of very smart, helpful people here that can walk the highly or not so highly skilled people through most issues. You got this!
bad resistors (resized).jpgnew resistors (resized).jpg

#1245 4 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

We're good. I didn't take offense.
Just whenever I make a purchase, I'll always notice each imperfection and then the 2nd guessing starts. Grass always looks greener.
I might try to get a real backglass for it one day. Don't know. Focus right now is on the new rubbers, and fuses in. See how the game plays.
There probably will be flipper issues. As I have yet to purchase an older game without FLIPPER issues. And that is one area... I know I need to work on.
But, the more I watch and research the more it makes my head hurt.
Oh... and lastly bulbs.
When I got my night moves up and working. I replaced a few. More would go out, replaced a few, and more would go out. This happened I think 3 total times. But, finally all the bulbs are working and I'm happy.
I think I get now why companies stopped putting so many bulbs in the backbox. Besides the fact that certain bulbs melted the translites and backglasses. Just the shear amount of bulbs in them can make you SCREAM!
I also might one day LED the game. But, not right now. I rather just focus on getting the bulbs that are out working.
And then maybe focus on replacing a section at a time. But, in a tasteful non rainbow puke manner.

I've replaced all of the rubber with Titan black (I did colors and decided that all my pins will be one color aside from the flippers, it's easier for me) I replaced all the star posts to balck (just a theme rather than a need) and replaced all bulbs and flasher with Comet LED/SMD bulbs. I have to say the bulbs help with other issues like reducing heat, less stress on the boards and will help with the bubbles in the mylar. Yes, it will be an expense but to me it's money well spent. I'm not into over saturation and go for the original look, although I did mix it up to give it some pop in some of the white inserts. When you're ready I can share some bulb options but other people may have their own preferences.

#1251 4 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Both of them are Pinscores from like 2007 I think... They look to be LED. and not encased in glass.
And also... It is good news and bad news with my playfield...
The good news. The bit that was coming up was mylar or a playfield protector. So I was able to cut that out. Rip it up and cut it out.
Now the bad news... Next to it. Is indeed a pretty bad wear spot.... Not the end of the world. If it bothers me that much(I doubt it will), I can always try to do a simple repaint on it.
And I noticed a line or crack down the right side of Elvira's face. So she has a tough looking war scar... Not really noticeable. ANd when you're playing you won't see it. And I was able to check out the bubbling on the inserts...
Maybe.. Maybe a few years down the road. When I get a lot more experience working on pins, I might by a new vinyl playfield and put that on. But, for now its fine.
Hell. Really the most important things to me about this game are the callouts, backglass, cab art, and of course how it plays. So all in all. It'll have just enough projects for me to learn some things on. And should still give me plenty of hours of enjoyment.
And that's what its all about.
Besides the main goals should be play the heck out of it first... Then later refurbish it... Cos once its refurbished. Then it'll start to get more wear and tear. So I should just put as much games on it first... So yep... Fun times ahead!

Please post some pics if you can, I'd like to see what you've got... enjoy!

#1253 4 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Love to see a Comet swap list, myself.
I just went through mine and replaced the incandescents with slightly cooler running ones and called it good.

This is what I did for my CPR backglass, which is totally different than the translite configuration I made, and I don't think I would use this one with the original (backglass is darker and required brighter and far less color matching bulbs) but just to give you an idea of what I did... at some point I'll post the flashers, GI and playfield inserts.
Elvira Backbox Backglass.pdf
CPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpg

#1263 4 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Thanks again for the LED Map, tiltmonster.
Just finished loading up my backbox and having that to ref was no end of help.

I'm glad it helped

#1265 4 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Thanks again for the LED Map, tiltmonster.
Just finished loading up my backbox and having that to ref was no end of help.

Here you go, another one for you if it's not too late...

Elvira Lamp Location a.pdf
#1267 4 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Awesome. I need to sort my lamps and was gonna start building a list for that, soon.
Much appreciation.
FYI - I put a pair of Pink Frosted Comets behind Elvira's assets. Makes 'em pop just a bit more.
Also toying with the notion of adding a few UV Lighted Posts to take advantage of the Elvira color scheme. That middle of the payfield is a bit dark, so I am thinking that a few lit posts will get that green glowing pretty well.

Agreed, that's what I used on the backglass but I used this for the translite if that's what you meant?

Elvira Backbox Translite e.pdf
Elvira Red LED (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1272 3 months ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I finally finished the playfield swap on my EATPM. New ramps. I’m super happy with the finished product.[quoted image]

Very nice. That new PF looks sweet, I wish I had one but with all the craziness going on here I'm glad I held on to my money, although, I will need some projects to occupy my mind or I may lose what little bit I have left. Enjoy!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
3,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
New York, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medina, OH
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiltmonster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside