(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#549 9 years ago

well, should be soon in this club, thats means 11 pages (not too much) to read...

#551 9 years ago

sometimes, "soon" is more quick than you could imagine...

elvira.JPGelvira.JPG

#552 9 years ago

after a full morning cleaning...

elv.JPGelv.JPG

1st feedback : cab is the same as all cabs of 25 years, a bit faded (mostly the red), some scratches, wear and small wood parts missing... electronics seems OK, display is very nice, and more important as i'm a player and not a collector, the playfield still got his original mylar ! well only few parts not protected are used

and than it plays very smoothly

easy pin, but did the trick near my MET, as i wanted something else/different & quite "old"

photos album :

https://plus.google.com/photos/110304160913314353072/albums/6125682131076298881

lets partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

#554 9 years ago

after today "under playfield" cleaning (bulbs & inserts)... its very nice
and of course, HOT for sure

IMGP1500.JPGIMGP1500.JPG

btw, as said already, pin is (too) easy, especially ramps & lock
will try to find a good compromise (because of my wife & friends not playing as me/my son), with only 1 EB limit, no letter for ELVIRA & reset, no player steal for ELVIRA

pity about the LOCK steal we cant set up

and i dont find how to setup this (seems there's simply no way) : when missing the EB on the right ramp, EB is still directly available at next ball, i want to have this OFF and rebuild all the sequence... but !?

#558 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I use the PAPA settings. Doesn't reset the EB, but does make it a bit more challenging. I reset Elvira letters back to nothing every game. That makes it a good challenge for me to get that 3M shot. Considerably harder than getting the 4M jackpot.
http://papa.org/learning-center/director-resources/directors/game-notes/#E

nice to know & read the PAPA settings, i was on the good way than...
tanx

#559 9 years ago

much "better" as it, almost you have to sweat & battle with the pin to score... and already 21M

btw, i noticed that some pins have the small pop between flippers (my case), and some not !?
is this was an option for operators in that era (cause i dont see a hole on the PF on pins without it) ?

edit : 25M now, i love it !!!

#564 9 years ago

(about the post)

well, i found few pics on the net, and also the VP version got one... but OK could be a "personnal add" !?

must say it doesnt help much, could remove it
or than put 2 STERN bat, they're a bit smaller than these special Bally with marks...

i have also added a powerball in it

and yes, outlanes are hard, may be we can join the TWD topic for that (lol)

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i have also added a powerball in it

very nice in game... but very bad idea, air/jump balls, better remove before breaking something, pity

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

The three flashers behind Elvira on the translight don't light very bright in the solenoid test or in play. Is this normal? They're Solenoid 9.

same here...
more info on this ?

#569 9 years ago

well, even if we still dont know "why", you've done the job and we have a statement...
tanx

#571 9 years ago

yes, just tested here the same...

and with Kyle infos, i did check more closely all the BG flashers, seems its an electrical power prob, as where there're 3 flashers in the same time (as elvira) its very weak, where there're 2, just OK, and 1 its very bright

than, changing just 1 bulb with 1 LED in these series makes the trick

2 weeks later
#610 9 years ago

super pin ! and my best game tonight (hard settings)

EATPM.JPGEATPM.JPG

#617 9 years ago

lol & tanx guys...

3 balls, my other scores are 25+21+21, my son just did 20 (not enough lol)

yes ramp are the way to go, and its a quite easy pin when you "get" these shots, thats why i set to 1EB max else with factory settings i was stacking EB, and it was not funny at all

#618 9 years ago

ok, a small prob...

when i bought the pin, get quickly the F4 fuse (2.5A) of the powerdriverboard which blows, it command coils as the slingshots, the reset JAM targets, the hole eject on the right ramp...

having no 2.5A i did put a 3A on it and play without a prob until i could buy some new fuse, and of course put back in the 2.5A as told on the manual

yesterday, after getting my hi-score, i only get 2 knockers (instead of the usual 3), i forget about it thinking it was nothing important... and did not play more

today, wanna play a game, and than directly notice the F4 was blew again, then surelly the knocker coil is also on that line, and it blew yesterday after my hi-score (seems logical) !?

my son also report 2 times, that when setting on the pin, the knocker goes (this never happend to me)

than (i'm bad at repairing, correct me if needeed) :

- the knocker coil could have a prob, and thats my prob with the F4 blow fuse !?
- is it really (really) risky to put there a 3A instead of the 2.5A !?

... tanx

#620 9 years ago

ok, done in that tech space

and dont envy my scores, we're all with diff skills, the most important is having fun while playing

#623 9 years ago

may be you could ask Robin to add some new "hi score topics" than
those made with the glass off, those made with rubbers on outlanes, but also those made with the glass off AND rubbers on outlanes

#625 9 years ago

of course, same for me, no worry at all (the smiley was there already)

1 week later
#632 9 years ago

ok, just beat my score for a small margin (snif & lol), but the most important is again, i blow the F4 fuse when should have the 3 knockers as only 2 goes, and yes, the fuse blowed

than, now we know that coil is (linked to) "my" prob, but why is this blowing with 3 knocks but not with 1... !?

will set the pin with 1 knock only everywhere, and see how it goes

elvira_mic.JPGelvira_mic.JPG

1 week later
#651 8 years ago

ok, got my GI leds this week-end, and than made the mod on my pin, did it the other way as some others guys, GI+BG in leds, inserts remain with bulbs, to keep that fading efx on the PF

of course, some will love it, some will hate it, its less than 1 hour to change it back to its original state

(pictures didnt do tribute to how it looks in real)

IMGP1522.JPGIMGP1522.JPG

IMGP1523.JPGIMGP1523.JPG

IMGP1524.JPGIMGP1524.JPG

#653 8 years ago

and very important (lol), i've also changed the black rubbers by reds on the bats

1 month later
#685 8 years ago

better to ask here i think

ok than, let's admit EATPM is one of the best (or its just THE best) sys11 ever created
what do you think of ES ? not only the theme & ambiance, but also the gameplay ? must admit i'm hot for it
and what about space station, which i really dont know & just curious about ?

tanx

#688 8 years ago

tanx for the advice

#690 8 years ago

well, was hopping/thinking that ES is more "tactical" than EATPM, seems not if i undertsand you...

tanx

6 months later
#773 8 years ago

well, we already spoke about that, but without being sure if some pins were "originally" equiped with

mine got it, was installed when i bought it, and of course the 2 steel rails under flippers were off...

#786 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Guides should be fine there. Thats exactly how my Cyclone was setup and it worked fine. Check at the IPDB. Plenty of pics of machines setup that way, and came from the factory like that.

yep, but not more as he wanna ad a mini post in the middle, meaning not enough space, even more on right side

1 month later
#820 8 years ago

so nice pin...

#822 8 years ago

can't you just test all the sounds thrue the set-up swiches at the door !?

1 week later
#835 8 years ago

cool, seems in very good state, and the few probs you've listed are just common on this one, nothing really bad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
$ 69.99
$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.