(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Look what I just won.
ebay.com link » Elvira Hand Signed 1989 Party Monsters Nice Pinball Manual

That's pretty cool.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Here's a couple quickies of mine. All I have here at work for the moment. Sorry for the bad pics

E5.jpg 366 KB

E2.jpg 311 KB

e 1-264.jpg 298 KB

E4-507.jpg 215 KB

Looks great. I like the mirror blades. How they holding up?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Put some on yours yet?

Not yet, been buyin other crap but I did put a wild 12v led strip on the apron behind the out lane guides.

Quoted from Bohdi:

How's your Elvira doin?

Pretty as ever.

Quoted from Bohdi:

Still havn't seen pics of that translite

and you won't see any...only in person.

Quoted from Bohdi:

Sorry I missed gettin out there for your last 2 get togethers.

Just let me know when ya got some free time.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Yo can run a felt strip on the sides of the playfield to avoid scratching those up I believe.

The people who make them think it's a bad idea.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

shooter rod finished

» YouTube video

EATPM_eyeball_shooter_mod.jpg 178 KB

That's cool, I like the way the eye moves. I noticed you don't pull the rod back by the eye ball. Because it will come unglued?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Like to see how that turned out. I just mounted some LEDS for the flipper buttons in my Cyclone, EATPM is next.

It looks really cool I think. Gotta get around to doin that one of these days. Ever go to the Axeman store on University Ave, about 6 blocks west of Snelling on the right side of the street in St Paul? They have #47 sockets with wires attached for 25 cents each, they work great.

#48 10 years ago

I could stop and grab a bunch for ya if you'd like. I'll get a pic up today sometime.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

New Translite on Ebay. Hurry.
ebay.com link » Elvira The Party Monsters Bally Pinball Machine Translite Unapplied Greg Freres

By the time bidding is done that's gonna be a $400 tl. I just bought a NOS BoP tl for $149 shipped.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a mirrored backglass!
A NOS translite will probably look better in some ways actually, the mirrored remakes are CMYK, not photographic, so the colors aren't going to be dead on. But I'm hoping the mirrored bits work out well, and CPR has been working on their color game as they figure out the process.
I'm excited to see it, supposed to be next up.

What parts of it will be mirrored ya think?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

That NOS translite sold for $355. Crazy!

Well I was close at $400.

#64 10 years ago

I'd be down for a mirrored one. You would too wouldn't you Aurich.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Quick! Sell your translite now while the price is still high, then when the backglass gets remade you will be ready!

yes I could do that, it would give me an excuse to put my alt. in. How much you give me for it, it's mint.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Yeah, put your alternate in! And post a pic so the whole world can see it...

Sorry NCD. You'll just have to come over to see it.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Im, In ....sort of... Thanks to the Ohio show

Project pin

IMG_0176.JPG 173 KB

Welcome to the club. Looks good from the side. What has to be done?

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I've been trying to join but every time I go and look at one they are in really bad shape. What is the going rate for a decent EATPM? Any members looking to part with one?

Mine was a resto. to better then new and was 3k

#88 10 years ago

I wonder how hard it is to find a good one these days?

#89 10 years ago

I've got $75 into mine, added a killer programmable color changing, chasing @ fading led strip. Comes with a small key chain remote. It just goes crazy with the chasing effects. It's just the main strip on the apron, the others are reflections.

EATPM B.JPGEATPM B.JPG
EATPM G.JPGEATPM G.JPG
EATPM R.JPGEATPM R.JPG

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Cabinet art is peeled on the other side.cracked ramps ,broken plastics, She is slated for a full restore.

Hopefully you can find all the new parts she deserves.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I have added some led boggie man on mine

Boggy Men Mod.png 205 KB

Boogies on Drain Lane.JPG 114 KB

Yup, that's cool.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

That looks pretty nice Paul. Are they always on, or just chase or can you change the settings or ? Gotta see those in person. Be nice to see a pic from the players perspective.

Completely programable. Close as I can come to players perspective.

EATPM Player view.JPGEATPM Player view.JPG
#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Picked up this populated playfield at the show also.
Thought you might get a kick out of it.

IMG_0161.JPG 132 KB

IMG_0162.JPG 161 KB

IMG_0172.JPG 147 KB

IMG_0168.JPG 236 KB

IMG_0170.JPG 274 KB

Looks like that dirt protected the pf.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I like. Where did you pick that up? also, where did you wire it in?

On ebay, they have 4 on there now, buy it now $75 + $15 for shipping. Item # 271416579483. Sell name is Highendpinballrestorers.

Took 12v power from the 2 wire, 4 pin connector on the JAM drop targets. See photo.

EATPM LED Conection.JPGEATPM LED Conection.JPG
#125 10 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Proud owner of an EATPM here too. Pictures from when we picked her up...
http://vidiotarcade.com/pub/Elvira-Pinball/
I gotta take some current pics though... everything has been cleaned/fixed/rebuilt and she's looking and playing really decent now.

Nice to have you join us Jeff. Great gameroom, lots of vids.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from Dreg604:

I'm glad to join that exclusive club. I'll make sure to share with you many of the time/caring and modding I put in this true classic.

Good to see you also Dreg. Yes please share what you've done to your girl.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I think I'm more excited about this restore than any others in my lineup. I remember watching late night B movies with my Dad and all he would say was "OH,HO,HO...that Elvira" He's been gone for to many years now but that memory comes back whenever I see her on this pin in particular.

elvira-661.JPG 143 KB

Great story, yes share your rest.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol, we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to good TV now. Love me some Elvira, but come on now, take off the rose colored glasses.
All you people posting your nice cabinets has be almost motivated to get my decals on. Almost.

Great times BEFORE cell phones, cable TV, internet and under a buck gas.

Take your time Aurich and do it rite.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, so much good TV now it's ridiculous, I don't have time to keep up with it all. I don't watch reality shows, or singing shows, or really network TV in general. But this isn't back in the day when there were 5 channels. Get your ass some HBO man!

The only way I'd get cable is for the car racing and besides who with pinball games has TIME to watch TV. Besides, I can use that $100+ per month for a lot of other things. I hate those monthly bill that never go away.

#163 10 years ago

Wooo, that must look wicked under black light. Nice job.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Ok. I FINALLY fixed my multiball issue. Some may have seen my other posts about the ball not shooting over the wall and landing the ball in the pop bumper area consistently. I took some windings off my coil to beef it up and that got me the ball in that area about 80-90% of the time, but I could tell something still wasn't right. Here's what the real problem was:
The nuts that were holding the plastic were high enough that the ball would hit the nuts and bounce the ball up into the overhead ramp or back into the lane down the middle.
I switched from posts with nuts on top, to screws and now there is nothing in the way except the rounded screw head. Bingo. Not sure if these posts were originally posts with nuts or just screws.
Hope this helps someone else who may be having a similar problem.

IMG_20140313_180911_752.jpg 149 KB

IMG_20140313_181259_017.jpg 226 KB

IMG_20140313_181433_344.jpg 174 KB

Glade you got it fixed. You think that's strange look what I found on that plastic when I bought my game. I have no idea where it goes.

EATPM metal 1.JPGEATPM metal 1.JPG EATPM metal 2.JPGEATPM metal 2.JPG
#172 10 years ago

Like that? It holds the displays away from the tl rite?

EATPM metal 3.JPGEATPM metal 3.JPG
#174 10 years ago

Can't say it's really needed, if anything if it comes into contact with the tl it would be a ware point. I'll leave it off and put a tag on it and put it in my Elvira parts box. Thanks Aurich.

#178 10 years ago

Been working on the girl today and this is what I have done. And with 2 red flex on the flipper buttons they are REALLY bright.

IMGA0847.JPGIMGA0847.JPG
IMGA0837.JPGIMGA0837.JPG
IMGA0849.JPGIMGA0849.JPG
IMGA0851.JPGIMGA0851.JPG
IMGA0852.JPGIMGA0852.JPG
IMGA0853.JPGIMGA0853.JPG
IMGA0854.JPGIMGA0854.JPG
IMGA0855.JPGIMGA0855.JPG

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Cool! interested in how those flipper buttons look from the outside lit up

It's to intense of a light for my camera, it looks like a white blob with a red fringe. Trust me they are BRIGHT red.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

@mustangpaul. Love the light in the barbeque hole! I am going to do that for sure. Did you hook the light to the GI or does it come on with the BBQ served light?

Hooked up to a near buy GI, my thinking is that being lit all the time it gives you something you can see to shoot for. I tried putting the light up into the hole further but got a nasty reflection of bright red light, it was bouncing off the thickness of the pf so I pulled the bulb out until it lit the hole evenly with no reflection off the pf. I may pull it out further to soften the light more.

1 week later
#189 10 years ago

Nice for you to join us. How much room do you have for new games?

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I got my custom sideboard decals. PM me if you're interested in some:

EATPM_sideboard_decal.jpg 41 KB

PM sent.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Love the EATPM hangout you have created here! I'm a hopeful owner. This game is the last of my grail pins I'm trying to track down. There is one on location at a pizza dive near me in Hamilton, Ontario,Canada....but it plays pretty rough. Only one pop works, slings are out, weak flippers, etc. Tried to buy it for a restore, to no avail. So my search continues...
If anyone has leads or decides to sell their EATPM, please PM me. Located near Toronto, Canada, but willing to drive a reasonable distance for pickup. I'll be at Allentown 2014, too.
Thanks, and I'll be sure to keep the thread updated on the progress of my search! Keep the pics coming!

Hope ya find one...my girl isn't going anywhere.

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from erczilla:

I would love to have at least two more pins, and eventually get a house with a walkout basement to add some more! here is a quick pick of my baby!

IMG_1794.jpg 131 KB

Here's an easy light mod you can do. Gives ya something to shoot for.

IMGA0849.JPGIMGA0849.JPG IMGA0837.JPGIMGA0837.JPG
1 week later
#203 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I'm happy to say that I have officially joined the EATPM club.

Welcome, what kind of shape is she in?

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Boy, how did I miss this one? I'm in!!!!

Another one? Well welcome to you also. How long you had her?

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

10 years. She was the first pin I ever bought.

WOW 10 years and your still play'n her. That's true love.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I will never sell her or her sister.

That's the way I feel about my girl also.

2 weeks later
#213 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Hope ramps are soon to follow over at PBI.

and that they are thicker too.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Curious as to whether ramp decals are ran independently or bundled with cabinet or insert decal production runs.

They usually come with the ramps.

2 weeks later
#223 9 years ago

It would be nice to get a thicker set of ramps but mine were replaced when the game was restored so they are perfect. The whole game looks like it just came out of the box. It's a keeper.

2 weeks later
1 week later
1 week later
#267 9 years ago

Outstanding light mod, should have been that way from the factory.

1 week later
#280 9 years ago

Good find, especially the modesty decal, never seen one before.

1 week later
#283 9 years ago
Quoted from elevatedreality:

my boogie men plastic is warped.

Have you tried flattening it?

2 weeks later
#291 9 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

Do you remember if the screw were "star" screws with a pin in the middle of the star? Is there a special driver head for removing these screws? I am guessing they are some type of security screw head. None of my standard driver heads work.

Yes those are Security head screws, you can get a set of bits at Harbor Freight or Home Depot. They are not needed very often but when you need um ya need um. One of those kinds of tools.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I just got the new CPR backglass conversion. Here's pictures.
The light bleeding from the side of the backglass is likely because I don't have the trim channels installed. I had spare bottom and top channels, but didn't have any spare Bally-sized side channels.
Translight (left) Backglass (right)
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass

t_IMG_0892.jpg 45 KB

t_IMG_0893.jpg 55 KB

t_IMG_0894.jpg 50 KB

t_IMG_0896.jpg 59 KB

t_IMG_0898.jpg 63 KB

t_IMG_0901.jpg 57 KB

t_IMG_0903.jpg 55 KB

t_IMG_0904.jpg 53 KB

t_IMG_0905.jpg 56 KB

How old is your tl and how long did it have incandecent bulbs in it. Did you ever wash or clean the back of the tl?

#300 9 years ago

I just wish that guy that made the flickering pot flames would come back on and tell us they are ready for sale. That was soooo cool. I was ready to send him my money.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I believe the translight is original. It's always had incandescent bulbs. I've never cleaned it. It's dirty, but I'm afraid to do anything to it. I'd rather it be dirty and intact than clean and damaged.

There's no worries cleaning the back side of a tl, I had to do it with a couple, just used a mild soap and water and the brown gunk came right off and made a big diff in the colors and brightness of the tl. Just do a small spot at first and you will see.

#305 9 years ago

Thanks for responding KoolFingers, I hear ya when you say life got in the way. I hope things are better for you now. Mark me down as wanting one, that is such a great mod. No one else is doing anything like it, it's very unique. Could you post a link to the post you put up with the vid you did of your mod? I'm sure people would love to see it. Thanks.

#308 9 years ago

Thanks for posting it in this topic where people can find it. Like you said you were thinking about doing if you could add on to it so it looks like the pot is bubbling that would put it over the top. This is the first bg light mod I've ever seen besides just flashers and led's.

2 weeks later
#313 9 years ago

GREAT story and good to have you back. I'd leave it all original for as long as possible but when things start to show their age and break I hope you can find the parts needed. I wish I would have bought a ramp set.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Stop rubbing it so hard

That wasn't from rubbing that was from his teeth hitting the glass as he licked.

#324 9 years ago

My tl was perfect so I passed on the glass also.

2 weeks later
#340 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

It's in the picture four posts up!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Yeah it's a double layer plastic.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Just to give an update on the ball gate that is missing from a lot of the Elvira machines.
The gate that is supposed to be on the machine is not available anywhere.

You can get by with this part from Marco. A13101-1.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-13101
Although the holes are on the left you can bend your flap enough to make it work. I have had this one on my machine for about a year or so and it works great.

Elvira Ball gate 1.jpg 5 KB

Elvira ball gate 2.jpg 6 KB

Thanks for the info. Mine is there so I'm one of the lucky ones.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Mine was also missing the flap when I got my pin last week. I bought that same part that Brad mentioned from Marco. I took a hammer and hammered out the pin holding the flap on the new ball gate assembly. I then put the new flap on my old part. It works like a charm I just installed it tonight and I'm stoked.

Great news, it must have played pretty funky without the flap there.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I kept shooting it straight into the BBQ/boogie monster hole when I launched the ball. Much better now playing the way it should.

I would think so.

#355 9 years ago

Never had the problem, looks like the black tape is your only option and if it gets worn just pull it off and put on a couple of new strips.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

"I went to install my new CPR backglass and it initially didn't fit."
Same problem here. I got so frustrated I started yanking on the sides to spread the backbox and nearly tore the damn thing apart. Result. It's in for now but too tight for my liking. Never thought I'd say that. Sorry Elvira. Maybe it's because I have an import? mm vs. inches? Fit aside the glass is amazing.

The only real solution for your situation is a router attachment for a Dremel and route out the clearance needed and repaint that area.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#379 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok who else needs a Clear Coated Playfield?
I got the new ramps!
I got the new plastics!
I got the new back glass!
I need a new playfield so I can do this right. Don't want to put all this new stuff on a old playfield that needs restoration. I have heard rumors that PPS was having CPR do some playfields but there is not even a place to get on the list. Does anyone have any other leads on CC Playfields?

Looks like your almost ready to go, how about new decals. No word yet that I've heard, have you looked into having the pf restored and cleared? Would be more expensive but you would probably get it faster then waiting for a repo pf.

Wish I would have gotten the ramp set.

1 week later
#385 9 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Proud to be a member of the club. Now to move her next to SS for the pair treatment

IMG_20141013_161807 - Copy.jpg 208 KB

Oh you luck dog. What a "pair".

#390 9 years ago

Take it off and have it TIG welded, not MIG or wire feed. TIG is very precise welding.

#394 9 years ago

Epoxy would never take the sheering force that that piece is subjected to.

#395 9 years ago

Because the metal has a crystal structure it will only go back into one position so don't file the 2 surfaces flat and weld.

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

hobby shops and hardware stores typically have a bin of various sizes & shapes of "project/hobby" metals, take a piece of your broken one with you and find something that matches it - then cut length to fit, re-drill hole, spray paint black & install. prolly cost you $10
i replaced both of mine

If you've done it before it's doable then. Good call.

1 week later
#411 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I recently finished my summer project of restoring the cabinet on my EATPM. This was my first restore of any kind so lessons were learned and mistakes made,but all in all it came out pretty good.
It ultimately got a new set of decals,and some dull black powder coating on the rails,lock plate, coin door,legs and feet before I put it back together.
I installed the new ramps and a few decals on the playfield along with new instruction cards,but the playfield restore itself will be done after the holidays.

Carolyn 319.jpg 195 KB

Carolyn 322.jpg 141 KB

CAM00243.jpg 159 KB

Lookin good. I have the same black powder on mine too, looks perfect on this game. I used a red flex to light up the Collect Boogie Bonus and a Comet green 2 head flex to light the Open Coffins to Light BBQ slot. Gives me something to shoot for because they are lit.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I like the idea of extra lighting on this playfield as it seems a little dark. I will re assess after adding leds though. Any reason your not using the original flippers?

Even with leds the pf is still pretty dark. Some double spot lights would really help. I have some but haven't put them on yet. The color changing strip works and looks really nice and it does a lot of different patterns and fades also.

EATPM B.JPGEATPM B.JPG EATPM G.JPGEATPM G.JPG EATPM R.JPGEATPM R.JPG EATPM Player view.JPGEATPM Player view.JPG
#417 9 years ago

I've got the boney finger bats on my girl.

#420 9 years ago

I wish that guy who made the flickering pot flames tl light mod would finish it.

1 week later
#422 9 years ago

Can you get us a couple of staged pictures of where the ball winds up.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Love seeing all the projects, I once again almost got to join the club last weekend, but buyer had second thoughts. Hope to join this club before too much longer. The 5th time might just be the charm.

That was close, hope ya find a good one.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Not much response about the Pizza Passage ball drain issue I was having save for Aurich who had the same frusrations and solved it by adding a rubber ring to the outside post.
I was attempting to do that without removing any playfield parts,but was unsuccessful in getting the ring onto a yellow post. However by all the tweaking on the outside metal lane guide and the post,it appears I've fixed it as the ball now feeds to the flippers more often than not. Woot!
Game now has an entire dynamic and have already beat my not so high score!

2 weeks later
#441 9 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

Hello,
i am new in this club. But i own this fine pinball machine since 8 years now.
I will never sell this machine!

Welcome to the club. Mine aint going anywhere either. Any mods on it?

#443 9 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

Hello,
no i do not mod any machine, as i am a fan of the original. But only Prototype Things, that are left away on production to cut costs. Like Indiana Jones Jackpot Lights.
But the Elvira is not in best shape. I bought plasticset from cpr from the first run, but never installed them, as i was waiting for a new playfield. Now cpr makes one, and i preordered one already.
The left Waterslide Ramp tends to break, so i must change or repair it in future. But there are no new ramps to buy, as pinballinc makes them not any more.

I see, nothing wrong with leaving them original. That new pf sure is going to be nice. The Monster ramp is on the left and Water Slide is on the right. That German company (can't remember the name) had the Water Slide but the price was really high and the shipping to the US was REALLY high.

#446 9 years ago

That looks really nice but that paint loss on her leg has got to piss you off.

3 weeks later
#461 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

The Mistress got a new topper tonight! I wired it to the backbox GI, so it turns ON and OFF with the with that lighting. It matches Wolfman's mug.
Off
On
Dark

IMG_1137.JPG 210 KB

IMG_1142.JPG 226 KB

IMG_1144.JPG 134 KB

To funny, I like it. Not to many will get the connection.

1 week later
#464 9 years ago

Last I saw Pinballcenter in Germany had some, are those the ones for $250. Everyone else sold out the last run which was about 4 months ago and they went FAST. Decals were included also with those.

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Yeah, those ramps sold wicked quick and took forever for them to get produced. I'm not sure who is taking over for James at Pinball Inc.,but he would be the person to ask if there are any seconds laying around now that all the dust has settled.

Yeah they are and everytime we get the same old song and dance..."we only have a license to make so many" and "we only make so many because what if they don't sell and we have to sit on them". I say to that.

#477 9 years ago

Yup your missing a metal guard wire, the other hole for it is just behind the black rubber at the beginning of the blue arrow. If you took it apart you should have it in your parts tray.

#479 9 years ago

If you can make it it will probably save you a ton of money.

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

I think it was like a buck or two when in stock. Shipping is what is killer on something like that but I have other things I need to order from there so that would help with that...

Yeah that's what I was thinking also.

#484 9 years ago

Are their ramps that much thicker then originals?

#488 9 years ago

The thickness is very important on the water slide ramp.

#490 9 years ago

From the picture it looks like the plastic saucer is broken and it's really hard to see the upkicker lever. My guess would be to replace the saucer which is very easy and when you have the kicker off take it apart and clean off the pivot pin, the old grease from the factory may be hard. Go the the the post "Ball eject problems on ToTAN". Look for the link for pinballrevolutions which details how to take apart and clean the pivot pin. Hope this helps.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Had a EATPM and a Scared Stiff and sold them both. I miss the EATPM

That's why my EATPM isn't going anywhere.

#494 9 years ago

Here a couple of pictures, notice on the new clear one it has 2 tabs that stick up, they prevent the ball from coming back down. The third pict is an old one with one tab broken off where every once in a while the ball would fall back in. Your saucer probably has both tabs broken off. The new one is clear red and looks great with a socket and a flex red led lighting it up from the underside.

IMGA0620.JPGIMGA0620.JPG IMGA0621.JPGIMGA0621.JPG IMGA0622.JPGIMGA0622.JPG IMGA0837.JPGIMGA0837.JPG IMGA0850.JPGIMGA0850.JPG
#499 9 years ago

OK how about this, if you look at my last picture you see a piece of metal that is above the hole. On my game if I look straight down on the hole that metal piece covers about 3/4 of the hole. I don't really see it on your game. With the angle you took your picture I should clearly see that metal piece over the hole. It deflects the ball from going more upward which then will shoot it more sideways.

Straight over the hole.
IMGA0623.JPGIMGA0623.JPG

From the front at an angle.
IMGA0624.JPGIMGA0624.JPG

From the front more of an angle.
IMGA0625.JPGIMGA0625.JPG

#501 9 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Aw man thanks, that's the problem my metal piece broke off against the wall.. Do you know where I can buy a new one at? Thanks!

AH HA! Mystery solved....That will be $100 for my detective fee. Sorry I don't know where to get that piece, do you have a manual. I wonder if that's the problem with karmalords game too?

#504 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

For all of you that were wondering about the Starship Fantasy ramps, they are awesome.. Super thick plastic and super clear and great looking decals… When they get their next batch in, if you need them, buy them…

Thanks, I should have gotten them when I had the chance. They should make a smiley face with it blowing it's brains out.

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffiowa:

I have joined the club. Having trouble with my right outlane flasher lamp. Also, flipping the flippers causes the left outlane flasher lamp to fire. Some short or something... it is driving me mad trying to troubleshoot. Love this machine though. Newest mods are lights under the shooter (violet purple) and trying to put lights in the upper left playfield (it is way too dark up there) and behind the monster slide in the back. LED upgrade almost done. What a difference LED's make! Thanks for this forum!

Welcome. Love my girl too.

#508 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I may have posted this before, not sure but wanted to share. I have had good success using LED black light strips on Lexan plates in Elvira. They are 12 volt and will work on the flasher circuits. I put one under the Boogie men that flashes when they move and one under the skull that flashes when the light under the skull flashes.
Here is what they look like.

IMG_20140126_194438_127.jpg 340 KB

IMG_20140126_205207_674.jpg 162 KB

IMG_20140126_190609_701.jpg 226 KB

IMG_20140126_212132_731.jpg 183 KB

First time I've seen this. VERY nice job.

#516 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I was on the backorder list when James sold to Starship Fantasy. Larry@Starship Fantasy sent me an email and said they found some ramps for me, so I bought them. Not sure if they have any more or not. They may have started up making them again. That would be cool.
I really only need the long one (I have one vertical crack near the top), but bought the whole set because that is the only way they sell them.

Oh I see. I was a dumb ass and didn't get them the first time around. I WILL!! get them next run.

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Get this kit from Marco $4.99. You can try a couple different tensions and see what works the best.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-XX

springs.jpg 13 KB

Good call.

2 weeks later
#529 9 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I had dented side rails on my EATPM. Just recently solved the issue with a workaround. I wrote up the problem of not having the right sized rails readily available and my work-around solution.
http://creditdotpinball.com/2015/02/08/hardware-the-elusive-bally-side-rail/
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Good reading. Mine aren't dented thank god.

2 weeks later
#536 9 years ago

Hey guys I just finished putting a really cool mod on the game. Check out my topic in All Modding, New EATPM playfield skull led mod, pictures are up too. Contact Pinballdoctor1 (a Pinsider) if you want one.

#538 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Lets BOOGIE!!!
Just picked her up today, need to find some new ramps!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice. Good luck finding the ramps. A set were for sale in the Market Place but they were $$$.

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

This has to be one of the coolest mods yet! Good job, and a great location to put it!
Curious as to what this kit costs for all who can't resist?

Yes it does look and work great and not very much trouble to put on and look factory. There's even a hole in the pf under the right ramp in front to fish the wires through so the only wires you notice (not very much I might add) are running from the skulls on top of the plastic to behind the organ player plastic and down through the hole in the plastic for the ramp hex support then over to the pf hole under the ramp. To fish the wires through that hole I used a fairly stiff piece of wire and poked it up from under the pf then taped the 3 skull wires to it and pulled the wire with the 3 attached back through the hole from the underside. Worked like a charm.

PM Pinballdoctor1 and as him how much, he's in Belgium so shipping aint cheap but this mod is sooooo worth it. Tell him I sent you....I don't make anything on the sale, just helping to get a cool mod out there and help a fine Pinsider.

#546 9 years ago

Go to my post in All Modding, New EATPM playfield skull led mod.

1 month later
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So clean with novus, then wax perhaps?

Yup Novis then wax, I do all my ramps that way even metal. But support that Water Slide ramp when you do it, that thing is real flimsy. Also, I wonder if your pop up is working 100%

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Maybe he's thinking I'm talking about the other ramp... the one that leads to a VUK?

Oups, your right. Sorry. I had a brain fart.

2 months later
#687 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The lack of inlanes can drive some crazy.

It sure can, it takes a whole different kind of playing because there are none. One of these days I'm gonna put my NOS pf in mine. Sure wish I could just pull the mylar, clean it and clear it, it's so perfect under the mylar but that won't work with this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
$ 49.99
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 70.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.