(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,180 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by mskoenen
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 416 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

984BBC7E-DECC-496A-AE2A-729104AAF3D7 (resized).jpeg
20190723_161528 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190706-152414 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190706-120230 (resized).png
82AC1D08-D496-43BA-B384-D63623B4CBC3 (resized).jpeg
image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg
image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg
pulse-image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190324_174045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190321_221236 (resized).jpg
deadheads-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190406_182132768 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190403_190804972 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221926198 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221942241 (resized).jpg
CPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kyle5574.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 5 years ago

Heh heh...

mulitballs.jpg

2 weeks later
#258 5 years ago

The three flashers behind Elvira on the translight don't light very bright in the solenoid test or in play. Is this normal? They're Solenoid 9.

1 week later
#278 5 years ago

Recent Ebay score. I won't apply the modesty decal, but it's cool to have it.

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

3 weeks later
#292 5 years ago

I just got the new CPR backglass conversion. Here's pictures.

The light bleeding from the side of the backglass is likely because I don't have the trim channels installed. I had spare bottom and top channels, but didn't have any spare Bally-sized side channels.

Translight (left) Backglass (right)
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass

#295 5 years ago

If your translight is screwed up, or if you don't have an EATPM and just want a glass, then it's a great solution.

I think Stu did a great job on the mirroring. The art wasn't designed for it, so it's not very prevalent, but it looks good where he used it and doesn't look out of place.

One unexpected benefit of the backglass conversion is a big reduction in reflection off the backglass. You can see from my pictures how the translight reflects the room, but the backglass doesn't. That's nice.

CPR shipped super quick and packed it really well. This is my first purchase from them and it definitely won't be my last.

My only complaint is that the colors look off when the glass isn't lit. Lots of the subtle color differences were lost in the conversion. The most obvious difference is how washed out Elvira's skin tone looks. Everything looks pretty good when the machine is on and the glass is lit, so maybe that's how it was intended to be, but the difference in colors is very noticeable when the machine is off. I wouldn't care if I didn't have an original translight in good shape, but since my translight is perfect, I think I'll stick with the original.

#301 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How old is your tl and how long did it have incandecent bulbs in it. Did you ever wash or clean the back of the tl?

I believe the translight is original. It's always had incandescent bulbs. I've never cleaned it. It's dirty, but I'm afraid to do anything to it. I'd rather it be dirty and intact than clean and damaged.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just wish that guy that made the flickering pot flames would come back on and tell us they are ready for sale.

Yes, please!

3 weeks later
#322 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So - is anyone replacing a good EATPM translite with a CPR backglass? Or are you keeping the game original?

I bought the backglass the second it came out, but I've gone back to the original translight. I posted pictures earlier in this thread. Colors are pretty far off compared to the translight. If your translight is isn't in good shape, I'd get it. If your translight is perfect, I'd pass.

#326 5 years ago

^^^ I think the backglass looks pretty good while it's lit. If I had a light box that was always lit, I'd definitely consider displaying it.

...maybe not if I already had a translight in the light box though

3 weeks later
#359 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

It's in for now but too tight for my liking. Never thought I'd say that. Sorry Elvira.

Hahahahaha

My backglass fit well.

1 month later
#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Hoping for suggestions how to repair the plunger under the left boogie man. Looks like its snapped right off at the base.

Are you missing the nyliners that line the holes that the plungers go through? I don't see one in your first picture. Might have contributed to the break. Happ sells nyliners, but I don't know the correct size.

1 month later
#444 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That German company...

Lucky for Flipper-Maniac!

3 weeks later
#460 4 years ago

The Mistress got a new topper tonight! I wired it to the backbox GI, so it turns ON and OFF with the lighting. It matches Wolfman's mug.

Off

On

Dark

2 months later
#555 4 years ago

I use the PAPA settings. Doesn't reset the EB, but does make it a bit more challenging. I reset ELVIRA letters back to nothing every game. That makes it a good challenge for me to get that 3M shot. Considerably harder than getting the 4M jackpot.

http://papa.org/learning-center/director-resources/directors/game-notes/#E

#560 4 years ago

I've never seen an EATPM with a post between the flippers. It's not on the parts list in the manual either. Easy for somebody to add though. Maybe they got tired of the STDM drains that can be so prevalent on this game.

#568 4 years ago

^^^ Heh, I was just talking to somebody else about that today!

I went to a lot of trouble trying to track that down. I even filmed a bunch of footage for a repair video on YouTube...but I couldn't figure it out. As far as I can tell, everything on the boards seems to be working correctly. I replaced the two controlling transistors and that made no difference. I checked the logic levels that fire the transistors and they're fine. I grounded those bulbs through another solenoid's set of components and the behavior is the same. I checked the resistors on the interconnect board and they're all fine.

...so, I gave up and replaced all my backbox flashers with LEDs. I prefer incandescent, but the lower current draw of LEDs seems to avoid the problem. If you don't want to go with LEDs, I found that removing one of the three incandescent bulbs seemed to help.

9 months later
#802 3 years ago

I love your website Jeff. I previously ran across it when I got my Cyclone. Very cool stuff in your Elvira write up. I also enjoyed your Tomy pinball section. Thanks for all your efforts!

1 month later
#823 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I definitely never heard my Elvira saying "Oh yeah" when doing the Monster Slide

"Oh yeah!" is triggered by the ramp entry switch when you do multiple ramps in a row while the cyclops' eye is lit. "Oh no!" is triggered by the same switch if you don't quite make it up the ramp and roll back down through the switch. The same switch also triggers the flash bulb below the ramp. My switch is a bit flakey. You might make sure the switch is working before diagnosing sound problems.

2 years later
#1094 9 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just joined the club. What is this wire for? Is it used?

Just checked mine. It's the knocker.

1 month later
#1115 7 months ago

I use the original instruction card and this price card.

Elvira_text (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1117 7 months ago

I really like your site, Jeff! I always wondered what the motivation was for the ribbed flippers on EATPM. I thought it was just aesthetic, but nope. The patent information you posted was insightful.
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/pics/pics.html

6 months later
#1171 31 days ago

Did you check the cement resistors on the interconnect board? When I got my EATPM, a bunch of flashers were out. Some of those resistors had failed open.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 399.95
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kyle5574.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside